Winning Tea Party Candidates

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Re: Winning Tea Party Candidates

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

Ugmo wrote:Ooh, Semniferious Buttnoid's parents have a maid. They must be wealthy. I fear the smack talk that he can come up with from that fact.

:lol:
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

Ugmo wrote:Ooh, Semniferious Buttnoid's parents have a maid. They must be wealthy. I fear the smack talk that he can come up with from that fact.
Having a maid isn't necessarily an indicator of wealth. My parents had a maid while my Mom was still working on her degree and my Dad was just starting his career. They didn't have much money at the time. Sometimes it's just a matter of necessity. I remember that she made exceptional pancakes.
Ugmo
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Ugmo »

I'm getting the feeling you went to community college or something. You've been using this as smack talk, so why wouldn't you want to say which college you went to if it was a good one? Just about everyone I deal with on a daily basis is college-educated, and none of them ever mention it. Okay, if you come from an environment or a family in which which that's unusual, then I can see being proud of it. But the fact that you think it gives you an advantage over random people you don't know on the Internet is odd to say the least. Not to mention you can be college educated and still not know your ass from your elbow - you are ample proof of that.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

bane wrote:
Having a maid isn't necessarily an indicator of wealth. My parents had a maid while my Mom was still working on her degree and my Dad was just starting his career. They didn't have much money at the time. Sometimes it's just a matter of necessity. I remember that she made exceptional pancakes.
Yeah, that's the point. But when Semniferous Buttnoid mentions it, you can be sure he's grasping for a way to feel superior to strangers he converses with on the Internet.
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Ugmo wrote:Not to mention you can be college educated and still not know your ass from your elbow - you are ample proof of that.

Hmmm, didn't I just say this about you in my last post...

:lol:
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Oooo Fugmo....Don't quit on us now. Are you going to disappear from the boards again like a couple of months ago after you said your god-awful band would be just as big as Led Zeppelin with a million dollars behind you? I'm no psychiatrist, but I do believe that was a crazier than anything that Paladino guy thinks...

Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

SeminiferousButtNoid wrote:Are you going to disappear from the boards again like a couple of months ago after you said your god-awful band would be just as big as Led Zeppelin with a million dollars behind you?
I never said anything of the sort. That was you spinning my words into something I didn't say.

Where'd you go to college chump? I mean you're proud of your alma mater, right?
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Ugmo wrote:Please. Give me a multi-million dollar marketing budget like Zeppelin had and at least a couple of my songs would be considered memorable. That's not exactly a level playing field you're setting up there.

Apollo says, "You a nutbar, chump!"
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Grendel wrote:Image

"Please. Give me a multi-billion dollar marketing budget like the Vatican had and then we really would be bigger than Jesus. That's not exactly a level playing field you're setting up there."

[/quote]
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

So when I say "a couple of my songs would be considered memorable," that means the same thing as "I would be as big as Led Zeppelin."

You have major reading comprehension issues. You know what else is funny? How your "I went to college" smack talk came back to bite you in the ass when it turned out the guy you tried to PWN obviously went to a far superior college than you, but never considered that to be worth mentioning. Time to retire that little gem from your repertoire, chum................P. :lol:
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Fugmo, I didn't go to college, I thought we established that. I'm a faker. Listen I need something translated for me. I called the Middlebury College Career Services department and asked if they knew a guy that did freelance German translations and played in a shit band and whose life is going nowhere. They narrowed it down pretty quick.

Hallo, ich bin Fugmo. Ich spielen in einer wirklich shizer Band, so groß wie Led Zeppelin wenn wir das Geld.
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Hey, Fugmo, what happened to that minute you needed to rebut me point by point?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

You are losing it! Haha. But that's okay, you're better than everyone else here and your life is going somewhere, because you went to COLLEGE!
bane

Post by bane »

Ugmo wrote:
bane wrote:
Yeah, that's the point. But when Semniferous Buttnoid mentions it, you can be sure he's grasping for a way to feel superior to strangers he converses with on the Internet.
Buttnoid has always struck me as a guy that is still in school. I get the impression that he's working on his thesis. A few years removed from it and very few people really care where you went to school except on game day. I don't think he's there yet. That said, I tend to agree with most of his political points in this discussion. The Dems are posturing, desperately.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

I think Buttnoid is still in Kindergarten.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

bane wrote:The Dems are posturing, desperately.
We'll see what happens on election day - and whether the anti-masturbation candidate wins in Delaware and the "healthcare reform is comparable to 9/11" candidate wins in New York. But personally this looks like a bit of a headache for the Republican Party, because the Tea Party is picking off candidates who are moderate enough to be electable and replacing them with people who espouse incredibly right-wing views and backgrounds that are bound to be exposed between now and November.
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Ugmo wrote:You are losing it! Haha. But that's okay, you're better than everyone else here and your life is going somewhere, because you went to COLLEGE!
Ahh my little wind-up toy. How many more "I know you are but what am I" retorts till your back goes through the wall. Pretty soon you're going to be telling me you went to a better college than I did. Wait a sec...

bane

Post by bane »

Ugmo wrote:
We'll see what happens on election day - and whether the anti-masturbation candidate wins in Delaware and the "healthcare reform is comparable to 9/11" candidate wins in New York. But personally this looks like a bit of a headache for the Republican Party, because the Tea Party is picking off candidates who are moderate enough to be electable and replacing them with people who espouse incredibly right-wing views and backgrounds that are bound to be exposed between now and November.
We will see, but if you think that terms like "anti masturbation candidate" and "healthcare reform is comparable to 911 candidate" are anything more than desperate posturing by a party that is set to get their collective asses kicked, you're drinking the Koolade.
lerxstcat
Needs to STFU!

Post by lerxstcat »

bane wrote:
Ugmo wrote:
We will see, but if you think that terms like "anti masturbation candidate" and "healthcare reform is comparable to 911 candidate" are anything more than desperate posturing by a party that is set to get their collective asses kicked, you're drinking the Koolade.
He's not doing anything that the Republicans don't do to discredit their Democratic opponents, it's all part of the game from all sides to demonize political opponents.

It's certainly possible that there will be a backlash because we're not out of the recession yet, but there's no doubt that if the GOP were incumbent now, they'd argue - truthfully - that you can't fully reverse a recession that was 8 years in the making in 2 years. It's amazing that they develop selective amnesia about this basic economic truth when the opposition is in power. But the electorate is dumb enough to buy it, sadly.
bane

Post by bane »

lerxstcat wrote:

He's not doing anything that the Republicans don't do to discredit their Democratic opponents, it's all part of the game from all sides to demonize political opponents.

It's certainly possible that there will be a backlash because we're not out of the recession yet, but there's no doubt that if the GOP were incumbent now, they'd argue - truthfully - that you can't fully reverse a recession that was 8 years in the making in 2 years. It's amazing that they develop selective amnesia about this basic economic truth when the opposition is in power. But the electorate is dumb enough to buy it, sadly.
Demonizing the opponent is politics 101. No argument there. That doesn't make him right and none of that changes the fact that the Democrats are going to get slaughtered in November. That's a pretty common mid term theme, regardless of who is in power. The reasons behind it are irrelevant. It's still going to happen.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

lerxstcat wrote:He's not doing anything that the Republicans don't do to discredit their Democratic opponents, it's all part of the game from all sides to demonize political opponents.
Absolutely - check out the Tea Party guy in New York. Everything out of his mouth is a snide remark about left-wingers. And he's the candidate, not some dude on Metal Sludge.

Here's the thing: the most accurate poll (although not 100 percent accurate!) is the one at the ballot box on election day. Maybe Christine O'Donnell can win in Delaware, but it's going to a very tough uphill battle for the Republicans now, compared to a near-lock under Mike Castle. The Republican Party likes the Tea Partiers' enthusiasm, but it becomes counterproductive when Sarah Palin swoops in and endorses the much less electable candidate over the moderate who was a lock to win. That HAS to be causing headaches for the GOP, no matter what rhetoric the Democrats come up with.
Ugmo

Post by Ugmo »

SeminiferousButtNoid wrote:Ahh my little wind-up toy. How many more "I know you are but what am I" retorts till your back goes through the wall. Pretty soon you're going to be telling me you went to a better college than I did. Wait a sec...
You got nothing. Run along, college boy.
lerxstcat
Needs to STFU!

Post by lerxstcat »

bane wrote:
lerxstcat wrote:

Demonizing the opponent is politics 101. No argument there. That doesn't make him right and none of that changes the fact that the Democrats are going to get slaughtered in November. That's a pretty common mid term theme, regardless of who is in power. The reasons behind it are irrelevant. It's still going to happen.
I don't think that's a given. It's possible but i think this Tea Party upsurge is going to hurt the GOP. It is assuming that Tea Party candidates will line up with the GOP but you might see the assertion of a 3rd party instead. They might align with the Republicans or they might pull power away from that base with an eye to a Tea Party candidacy for President in 2012. That might not bode well for the GOP's hopes to unseat Obama in 2012.
bane

Post by bane »

In terms of the presidency, yeah, I think that is a valid argument. We could easily be looking at a Ross Perot type repeat, but when it comes to the mid terms, I don't see how this can be spun into a positive for the Dems. They're trying to say, "These Tea Party guys are unelectable, so it's a win for us". They're wrong.
lerxstcat
Needs to STFU!

Post by lerxstcat »

bane wrote:In terms of the presidency, yeah, I think that is a valid argument. We could easily be looking at a Ross Perot type repeat, but when it comes to the mid terms, I don't see how this can be spun into a positive for the Dems. They're trying to say, "These Tea Party guys are unelectable, so it's a win for us". They're wrong.
We won't really know that until November, but even before 2012 what I'm saying is that the GOP considers the Tea Partiers as a GOP adjunct and probably expect them to line up with them in Congress. That may or may not turn out to be the case, they may instead lead to a fragmentation of the Republican Party, leaving the Democrats as a plurality leader if not a majority leader. It would be logical to assume that on some issues the Tea Party would line up with the GOP, but its focus may turn out to be to destroy the GOP in order to take its place as the new party of conservatism.

Such a power struggle could benefit the Democrats at least in the short run.
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Ugmo wrote:
SeminiferousButtNoid wrote:Ahh my little wind-up toy. How many more "I know you are but what am I" retorts till your back goes through the wall. Pretty soon you're going to be telling me you went to a better college than I did. Wait a sec...
You got nothing. Run along, college boy.
Fugmo, I do believe you are the one that's supposed to be working on that point by point rebuttal. The ball is in your court. Oh wait you went to Middlebury: the ping-pong is in your common room. And how is my translation coming along? There is work to be done, Mein Herr!
bane

Post by bane »

lerxstcat wrote:
bane wrote:In terms of the presidency, yeah, I think that is a valid argument. We could easily be looking at a Ross Perot type repeat, but when it comes to the mid terms, I don't see how this can be spun into a positive for the Dems. They're trying to say, "These Tea Party guys are unelectable, so it's a win for us". They're wrong.
We won't really know that until November, but even before 2012 what I'm saying is that the GOP considers the Tea Partiers as a GOP adjunct and probably expect them to line up with them in Congress. That may or may not turn out to be the case, they may instead lead to a fragmentation of the Republican Party, leaving the Democrats as a plurality leader if not a majority leader. It would be logical to assume that on some issues the Tea Party would line up with the GOP, but its focus may turn out to be to destroy the GOP in order to take its place as the new party of conservatism.

Look beyond party power struggles and think about political ideology. Right now any kind of conservative bill has zero chance of becoming law, regardless of who sponsors it. What Tea Party representatives can and will do, along with their Republican cohorts, is thwart liberal legislation. That's not a positive for Democrats.
lerxstcat
Needs to STFU!

Post by lerxstcat »

bane wrote:
lerxstcat wrote:

Look beyond party power struggles and think about political ideology. Right now any kind of conservative bill has zero chance of becoming law, regardless of who sponsors it. What Tea Party representatives can and will do, along with their Republican cohorts, is thwart liberal legislation. That's not a positive for Democrats.
Look ahead to the next election cycle, when the Dems can blame TWO conservative parties, not one, for impeding progress, and at the same time neither Tea Party nor GOP can show anything for their terms in office. The Dems will be able to point to progress made in 2009 and 2010, and point to the midterm election of Tea Partiers and GOP as the point where progress was stopped. They can argue that to these parties defeat of the Democratic Party is more important than the nation's recovery from recession. A setback in 2010 will assure Obama's reelection in 2012.
bane

Post by bane »

Edited: Because I went back and read it and even I thought that was a bunch of senseless drivel.
lerxstcat
Needs to STFU!

Post by lerxstcat »

bane wrote:Edited: Because I went back and read it and even I thought that was a bunch of senseless drivel.
:evil: HEY! The rest of us leave OUR senseless drivel up! :lol:

It will be an interesting election and aftermath, for sure. I think the GOP sees the Tea Party as a controllable adjunct to the GOP, and who knows, it may turn out to be that way - or they may turn out to be loose cannons. Only in the next sessionof congress following this election will we really know what the Tea Party is in the political landscape.