Strange that BO is going to India w/3k people and 30warships

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

J88ROCK
Lugging equipment around in parent's car

Strange that BO is going to India w/3k people and 30warships

Post by J88ROCK »

Anyone else find this a bit odd? Oh yeah, he's taking his government and rewriting the constitution after....
Last edited by J88ROCK on Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Strange that O is going to India w/3k people and 30 wars

Post by MurrayFiend »

Yeah, who the hell does Oprah think she is?

EDIT: He changed "O" in the thread title to "BO" and now my joke phailz.
Last edited by MurrayFiend on Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
WetCherriDude
Playing in a Garage

Post by WetCherriDude »

How's that douchebag singer in Odin affording that shit??
J88ROCK

Post by J88ROCK »

I was hoping you would make a BO Jackson ref.
MurrayFiend wrote:Yeah, who the hell does Oprah think she is?

EDIT: He changed "O" in the thread title to "BO" and now my joke phailz.
MurrayFiend

Re: Strange that BO is going to India w/3k people and 30wars

Post by MurrayFiend »

I can only make so many shitty jokes per day.

Got a link for this shit, BTW?
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
J88ROCK

Post by J88ROCK »

OBAMA 'TAKING 34 WARSHIPS TO INDIA'...
MurrayFiend wrote:I can only make so many shitty jokes per day.

J88ROCK

Post by J88ROCK »

Shoot the link didn't work. It's on the front page of www.drudgereport.com
J88ROCK wrote:OBAMA 'TAKING 34 WARSHIPS TO INDIA'...

WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

We have already dismissed the fact that we are sending 10 percent of our Naval Fleet to sit offshore of Mumbai. The Indian press reported that it was costing 200 million a day, which also has been discounted. What is a fact is the amount of staff he is taking, which is ridiculous. Can't believe Algore isn't having a public embolism about the carbon footprint all those aircraft are going to leave. India is an important ally in that area of the world, but there is no need for that many people to go.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:We have already dismissed the fact that we are sending 10 percent of our Naval Fleet to sit offshore of Mumbai. The Indian press reported that it was costing 200 million a day, which also has been discounted. What is a fact is the amount of staff he is taking, which is ridiculous. Can't believe Algore isn't having a public embolism about the carbon footprint all those aircraft are going to leave. India is an important ally in that area of the world, but there is no need for that many people to go.
I don't know if it's 2 dollars a day or 200 million, but you would think in the era of hope and change, and transparency, the American people would be to find out the estimated or exact amount the trip will cost.
Either way, I support his trip. The more he's not in Washington, the less damage he's there to create.
Drunk Kennedy
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Drunk Kennedy »

at what point does china finally say "wtf am i loaning these bozo's all this money for"??
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

I think the bigger picture issue with this India trip is how much he's potentially pissing off Pakistan by blowing them off. Tread carefully Mr President.
lerxstcat
Needs to STFU!

Post by lerxstcat »

bane wrote:I think the bigger picture issue with this India trip is how much he's potentially pissing off Pakistan by blowing them off. Tread carefully Mr President.
Well India and Pakistan in the same trip would be disastrous, because each knowing he'd be talkig to the other on the same trip would only bombard him about the other, enemies that they are.

Pakistan has been getting a little froggy with us lately, perhaps he wants to gently remind them that our alliance is valuable, and that there are other powers in the region we could ally with instead if they want to be pricks. India has more nuked and troops than Pakistan anyway if that's what you're worried about.

He does need to be careful, but it could be therapeutic for the Pakistanis to not take our alliance for granted. And India is a power that eeds to be reckoned with and considered with respect in the region; THEY may be feeling slighted already by ouer closeness to Pakistan.
bane
Threesome with Pam and Donna

Post by bane »

lerxstcat wrote:
bane wrote:I think the bigger picture issue with this India trip is how much he's potentially pissing off Pakistan by blowing them off. Tread carefully Mr President.
Well India and Pakistan in the same trip would be disastrous, because each knowing he'd be talkig to the other on the same trip would only bombard him about the other, enemies that they are.

Pakistan has been getting a little froggy with us lately, perhaps he wants to gently remind them that our alliance is valuable, and that there are other powers in the region we could ally with instead if they want to be pricks. India has more nuked and troops than Pakistan anyway if that's what you're worried about.

He does need to be careful, but it could be therapeutic for the Pakistanis to not take our alliance for granted. And India is a power that eeds to be reckoned with and considered with respect in
the region; THEY may be feeling slighted already by ouer closeness to Pakistan.
US presidents have historically visited both in the same trip, AND Pakistan asked him to come there
on this trip and he declined. I don't know if he's trying to send them a message or not, but that's a touchey deal no matter how you slice it. He needs to be careful not to convey the message that we're taking sides.
Last edited by bane on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

The "insider" in India may have said 200 million for the trip, but he wouldn't have said dollars. India uses rupees, which calculated down would be roughly $4.5 million American dollars, which is pretty normal for these trips.. They also wouldn't use 1/10th of America's naval forces either. Even the former Bush cronie said it was false..

Of course Rush, Beck and Faux and the GOP doesn't need to wait and figure that out, they gotta get that ball a'rollin!
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

Luminiferous wrote:Of course Rush, Beck and Faux and the GOP doesn't need to wait and figure that out, they gotta get that ball a'rollin!
How do you know Rush, Beck or Fox news said a word about it? Did you actually hear or see any of them say anything about it? I suspect not, and you're just taking your talking points right from MSDNC and the huffington compost.
That said, the story has been on all the shows you mentioned as well as CNN. Where is your critisism of Anderson Cooper and CNN? It didn't fit into your narrative, so you just parroted what you saw on your democrat channel or website of choice.
Drunk Kennedy
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Drunk Kennedy »

i havent heard anyone of fox news mention this at all. in fact...the first person i heard give him shit for this was lynn samuels on siriuls left radio.
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

Drunk Kennedy wrote:i havent heard anyone of fox news mention this at all. in fact...the first person i heard give him shit for this was lynn samuels on siriuls left radio.
Actually, even though I said myself I had heard it on Fox, I didn't actually hear it on any of their news programs. It was on two of their opinion broadcasts. Democrats are not capable of differentiating between the two.
Again I say, whatever the cost, the most transparent government in our nations history, should have the facts and figures at their disposal.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

Someone is full of shit again. Guess who?

http://factcheck.org/2010/11/ask-factch ... to-mumbai/
Q: Is President Obama’s trip to India going to cost $200 million per day?

A: This highly doubtful claim originated with one Indian news agency quoting an anonymous source in Mumbai. The White House says it is "wildly exaggerated," and there’s no evidence to support such a huge figure.
Matt Lehrich, White House Office of Media Affairs wrote:The numbers reported in this article have no basis in reality. Due to security concerns, we are unable to outline details associated with security procedures and costs, but it’s safe to say these numbers are wildly inflated.
How the hell does some unnamed guy working for a provincial government in India know any of this? Is he fucking 007?

34 warships?
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch ... urity.html
Pentagon Press Secretary Geoff Morrel wrote:I will take the liberty this time of dismissing as absolutely absurd this notion that somehow we were deploying 10 percent of the Navy -- some 34 ships and an aircraft carrier -- in support of the president's trip to Asia. That's just comical. Nothing close to that is being done.
As for the transparency, NeverMomma, it's been official policy for a long time to not give out the details of Presidential trips due to security concerns. You don't want to give the terrorists the kind of information they need to kill a sitting President, do you?
ImageImage
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

Nevermind wrote:
Luminiferous wrote:Of course Rush, Beck and Faux and the GOP doesn't need to wait and figure that out, they gotta get that ball a'rollin!
How do you know Rush, Beck or Fox news said a word about it? Did you actually hear or see any of them say anything about it? I suspect not, and you're just taking your talking points right from MSDNC and the huffington compost.
EEEEEHHHH... Sorry Hans wrong guess.

I read nor watch MNSBC or read the Huffington Post.. (I'm also neither Republican or Democrat) I'm their worst nightmare. I'm one of the people they have to convince they're not as full of shit as the last guy who had the job. I do not vote across party lines merely because some clown has an R or D following their name. As an independent I vote for whomever I myself believe is the right person for the job.
I also can fathom through bullshit.. $200 million a day?? :lol:

You'd think media outlets would learn from the Shirley Sherrod incident and not to jump on news stories until they're confirmed from a reliable source and not assume an anonymous source is the best person to quote without concrete proof...

Oh and here ya go.

Glenn Beck's
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,602104,00.html

Rush Limbaugh's:
Rush: Obama is spending $200 million a day, "thinks this nation owes him." On the November 2 edition of The Rush Limbaugh Show, Limbaugh, responding to a caller, (who called it a "vacation" to India :lol: ) cited the figure and claimed of the President, "You have a guy and a family who thinks this nation owes him." From the show:

But the idea that you're going to take 3000 people and you're booking over 500 rooms in a hotel, and you're taking 40 airplanes? What that tells me is, that you have a guy and a family who thinks this nation owes him. And while they're in a position to, they are going to live off of this country as much as they can -- they are gonna get theirs. That's what this tells me. This is -- no President has ever, anywhere close to -- 40 airplanes, 3000 people, 500 rooms in one hotel. And that's just one hotel. For a 10 day trip -- $200 million a day! That's never been done before! This is somebody that says, "It's my turn."

http://mediamatters.org/research/201011050024 (Audio if you'd like to hear Rushed Lardass)

Faux News

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/11 ... dia-visit/
KneelandBobDylan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by KneelandBobDylan »

J88ROCK wrote:Shoot the link didn't work. It's on the front page of http://www.drudgereport.com
J88ROCK wrote:OBAMA 'TAKING 34 WARSHIPS TO INDIA'...

Drudge....really?
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

Fuck fudgepackerstan! A great President will tell them and the fuckin' UN to fuck off. We're Amurrica and we'll do god damn well what we wanna fucking do!
ImageImageImage
lerxstcat
Needs to STFU!

Post by lerxstcat »

bane wrote:
lerxstcat wrote:

He does need to be careful, but it could be therapeutic for the Pakistanis to not take our alliance for granted. And India is a power that eeds to be reckoned with and considered with respect in
the region; THEY may be feeling slighted already by ouer closeness to Pakistan.
US presidents have historically visited both in the same trip, AND Pakistan asked him to come there
on this trip and he declined. I don't know if he's trying to send them a message or not, but that's a touchey deal no matter how you slice it. He needs to be careful not to convey the message that we're taking sides.
True, but Pakistan is very unstable rtight now and Pakistani security and intelligence could probably not guarantee his safety at this point. It's very possible you will see a coup by the pro-Taliban elements in the ISI.
That leads to a coup and an Islamic state much as Iran turned into in 1979.

With that in mind, cultivating good relations with India as a counterweight to Pakistan as well as Iran in the region becomes VERY important. They are by far the strongest nation in the region as far as population, economy, and military poser, possessing many more nuclear weapons than Pakistan and a large standing army.

If the Pakistani government changes, India is the logical go-to nation. Even if Pakistan could guarantee Obama's security, Obama doesn't want to be grilled about that obvious prep work by the Pakistani leadership.
J88ROCK

Post by J88ROCK »

All I have to say is beware of the government wether it's dem or repub controlled. Could it be he just doesn't feel safe with India's security? Or could it be something a little more sinister? A possible re-writing of the constitution after an attack on the US. Anyway you cut it that's a lot of protection and fire power more then most small countries. Maybe its just the right spewing lies and BO and MO are going over with red rider's to shoot someone's eye out. To all the nutswingers it is ok to not agree with every single thing the man says and does.
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

This thread is full of fail from the retards who don't think before they pile on the POTUS. Keep it up, chuckleheads!

That said, I do agree with WHSAC. An entourage and a trip this long is effing ridiculous. This guy really is clueless sometimes.
rattstar
Recording Debut Album

Post by rattstar »

I hope he gets the shits the entire trip
SmokingGun
Headlining Clubs

Post by SmokingGun »

Skate4RnR wrote:Fuck fudgepackerstan! A great President will tell them and the fuckin' UN to fuck off. We're Amurrica and we'll do god damn well what we wanna fucking do!
They took our jobs!

Took er jerbs!

Da dook a derrr!

Edit: they didn't take anything. Our esteemed 'leaders' gave them our jerbs via mass outsourcing.
CliffByford
"pretentiously pontificatingly thesaurusy"

Post by CliffByford »

Isn't it strange that Muslim terrorist Barack Hussein Obama isn't visiting his spiritual homeland, Pakistan?

WAIT NOW I SEE IT'S ALL A RUSE FUCK YOU NO-BAMA
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Luckily Freddie and Rob are tough gays and wore the Cruising Leathers and played rock and roll.
Album reviews by yours truly: http://www.swinetunes.co.uk
lerxstcat
Needs to STFU!

Post by lerxstcat »

CliffByford wrote:Isn't it strange that Muslim terrorist Barack Hussein Obama isn't visiting his spiritual homeland, Pakistan?

WAIT NOW I SEE IT'S ALL A RUSE FUCK YOU NO-BAMA
No, actually he IS going to Indonesia where he went to madras school as a kid! Even though the volcano is spewing ash!
CliffByford
"pretentiously pontificatingly thesaurusy"

Post by CliffByford »

I've heard that ash is responsible for downing a significant number of bald eagles. I hope a few of them shed a solitary tear for the fate of America.

FUCK THAT MUSLIM VOLCANO
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Luckily Freddie and Rob are tough gays and wore the Cruising Leathers and played rock and roll.
Album reviews by yours truly: http://www.swinetunes.co.uk
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

(AND SCAB KISS)