Obama says It's not the policies that were rejected.......

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Obama says It's not the policies that were rejected.......

Post by Nevermind »

It was failed communication skills.

:lol: What a dumbass.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/11/05/ ... gislation/
NEW YORK (CBS) — After suffering a “shellacking” in the midterm elections, President Obama acknowledges what many have seen as his chief weakness – failing to sell the importance of several legislative milestones to the American people.

“I think that’s a fair argument. I think that, over the course of two years we were so busy and so focused on getting a bunch of stuff done that, we stopped paying attention to the fact that leadership isn’t just legislation. That it’s a matter of persuading people. And giving them confidence and bringing them together. And setting a tone,” Mr. Obama told 60 Minutes’ Steve Kroft in an exclusive interview set to air Sunday.

“Making an argument that people can understand,” Mr. Obama continued, “I think that we haven’t always been successful at that. And I take personal responsibility for that. And it’s something that I’ve got to examine carefully … as I go forward.”

Republicans enjoyed significant victories Tuesday, wresting control of the House of Representatives from the Democrats and picking up six seats in the Senate, as frustration over the economy drove voter sentiment.

A humbled Mr. Obama, who termed the defeat a “shellacking” during a postelection press conference Wednesday, must now grapple with an emboldened and empowered political enemy with its sights set on undoing much of what he accomplished in the last two years – including an effort to repeal his signature achievement, health care reform, reports CBS News White House correspondent Bill Plante
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: Obama says It's not the policies that were rejected.....

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

James Carville wrote:It's the economy, stupid
ImageImage
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

John Boehner on fixing the economy they promised during the campaigning to fix: "Let's make sure Americans understand how big the problem is. Then we can begin to talk about possible solutions."

Yes obviously the American people are too stupid and oblivious to how BIG the problem is.. :lol:
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Luminiferous wrote:John Boehner on fixing the economy they promised during the campaigning to fix: "Let's make sure Americans understand how big the problem is. Then we can begin to talk about possible solutions."
It's amazing though not surprising how they are changing their tune now that they are in charge and actually might be expected to produce results.
ImageImage
Skate4RnR
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Skate4RnR »

I'm still with Obama but I understand.
ImageImageImage
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:
Luminiferous wrote:John Boehner on fixing the economy they promised during the campaigning to fix: "Let's make sure Americans understand how big the problem is. Then we can begin to talk about possible solutions."
It's amazing though not surprising how they are changing their tune now that they are in charge and actually might be expected to produce results.
In charge of what, goofball? First they haven't even taken office yet, and second, the Democrats will still control the Senate and the Presidency, and they will stop anything the Republican house passes. Based on this last weeks election results, Obama might want to voluntarily sit in the back of the bus if he wants any chance of a second term.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Nevermind wrote:
MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:
In charge of what, goofball? First they haven't even taken office yet, and second, the Democrats will still control the Senate and the Presidency, and they will stop anything the Republican house passes. Based on this last weeks election results, Obama might want to voluntarily sit in the back of the bus if he wants any chance of a second term.
They're in charge of the House of Representatives. Don't you read newspapers or watch the TV news? Their putative leader is already making excuses for their collective failure. That is not a good sign.
ImageImage
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:They're in charge of the House of Representatives. Don't you read newspapers or watch the TV news? Their putative leader is already making excuses for their collective failure. That is not a good sign.
Since you've been hit with a case of the stupids this morning, I'll clue you in......again.
The Republicans are not, I repeat, not, in charge of the House of Representatives, yet. January 3rd is when they will be sworn in.
Why do you keep trying to make it seem as the Republicans will have full control and be able to pass whatever they want to? The Republicans will be limited in what they can do as the Democrats in the Senate will stop any legislation the House passes. Even if it made it to King Obama's desk, the Democrat President would veto it.
Why am I having to tell you this? You're not that stupid.
When nothing gets done for the next two years, the blame will lay at the feet of the Democrats who obstructed all of the legislation the Republicans proposed.

On a side note. I can't wait till the lame duck congress comes back and extends ALL of the Bush tax cuts. All signs are pointing to the Democrats adopting the Republican position. Will King Obama veto the tax cuts? Will it signal the end of his Presidency? Will the war board liberals commit suicide?
Tune in next month.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Nevermind wrote:
MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:They're in charge of the House of Representatives. Don't you read newspapers or watch the TV news? Their putative leader is already making excuses for their collective failure. That is not a good sign.
Since you've been hit with a case of the stupids this morning, I'll clue you in......again.
The Republicans are not, I repeat, not, in charge of the House of Representatives, yet. January 3rd is when they will be sworn in.
Yet. The most relevant word in this statement.
Nevermind wrote:Why do you keep trying to make it seem as the Republicans will have full control and be able to pass whatever they want to? The Republicans will be limited in what they can do as the Democrats in the Senate will stop any legislation the House passes. Even if it made it to King Obama's desk, the Democrat President would veto it.
They talked big about what they would do when in office. Now they're in and now that it's time to deliver, the excuses start. Their first act was to admit failure before they even began. :roll:
Nevermind wrote:Why am I having to tell you this? You're not that stupid.
When nothing gets done for the next two years, the blame will lay at the feet of the Democrats who obstructed all of the legislation the Republicans proposed.
We can only hope so.
Nevermind wrote:On a side note. I can't wait till the lame duck congress comes back and extends ALL of the Bush tax cuts. All signs are pointing to the Democrats adopting the Republican position. Will King Obama veto the tax cuts? Will it signal the end of his Presidency? Will the war board liberals commit suicide?
Tune in next month.
Same Bat time... same Bat channel. :lol:
ImageImage
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

Nevermind wrote: Obama might want to voluntarily sit in the back of the bus if he wants any chance of a second term.
You really need to lay off the Faux News... Obama's quote was: "We can’t have special interests sitting shotgun. We gotta have middle class families up in front. We don’t mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back.

Nowhere did he say the bus. The OMFG Obama's makin a 60's "back of the bus" racist remark!1!1! that the far right wingers jumped on was hilarious.. Talk about desperate. :lol:

Nevermind wrote:When nothing gets done for the next two years, the blame will lay at the feet of the Democrats who obstructed all of the legislation the Republicans proposed.
You are taking a lot for granted, as are many Republitards. They think America's not going to watch them too... People are finally waking up to the idiocy that's been running rampant in DC all these years, big corporations get the steak and the voters are given the scraps and are to be proud of what they got out of it..

If the Reps bring nothing but the same old bullshit to the table for the next two years and don't try the bipartisan road themselves, ALL heads could be on the chopping block and it's not beyond reason that a viable third party could get the American's vote and the old Reps could be sitting on the sidelines themselves.
Dude it's funny how you can see so far into the future with your head so far up your ass.. damn. :lol:
LuciferSanchez
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by LuciferSanchez »

The Republicans need to lower expectations because the way it appears with Tea Party Republicans are ready to dig in their heels and Traditional Republicans who may try to bring in compromise going against a Democratic Senate and President, its gonna be gridlock all over again.

I heard a local congressman, democrat, say the Republicans cannot let this win go to their heads, they were not hired, the Democrats were fired - it wasn't a vote for Republicans, it was a vote against Democrats, just like in 2006. 2006 victory wen to Democrats head and 4 years later...they're gone!

I see problems already, the Health Care bill won't get repealed, it will be compromised but not repealed - which was the heart of many political ads; repealing health care; the Bush tax cuts more likely will get extended but none of that matters unless the ecomony gets well because that will be main focal point.

Spending wasn't the focal point from 2001-2007 when Bush rubber stamped every bill while making tax cuts nor when congress tried to intervene in state matter (Terri Schiavo)...the ecomomy was great.

I'm curious to see which Tea Party Candidates will back off from campaign promises they made on the trail.
"You can be a conceited asshole, just as long as you're a conceited asshole who's also a famous dead genius rock star in disguise."
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

LuciferSanchez wrote:The Republicans need to lower expectations because the way it appears with Tea Party Republicans are ready to dig in their heels and Traditional Republicans who may try to bring in compromise going against a Democratic Senate and President, its gonna be gridlock all over again.

I heard a local congressman, democrat, say the Republicans cannot let this win go to their heads, they were not hired, the Democrats were fired - it wasn't a vote for Republicans, it was a vote against Democrats, just like in 2006. 2006 victory wen to Democrats head and 4 years later...they're gone!

I see problems already, the Health Care bill won't get repealed, it will be compromised but not repealed - which was the heart of many political ads; repealing health care; the Bush tax cuts more likely will get extended but none of that matters unless the ecomony gets well because that will be main focal point.

Spending wasn't the focal point from 2001-2007 when Bush rubber stamped every bill while making tax cuts nor when congress tried to intervene in state matter (Terri Schiavo)...the ecomomy was great.

I'm curious to see which Tea Party Candidates will back off from campaign promises they made on the trail.

All partisanship aside...it's easy to make promises when you're a rookie on the campaign trail, and then when you get elected you learn that the machine doesn't tolerate change. You gradually start to compromise to try to make the machine work for you, but then you just become a part of it.
cc117
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by cc117 »

tin00can wrote:
LuciferSanchez wrote:The Republicans need to lower expectations because the way it appears with Tea Party Republicans are ready to dig in their heels and Traditional Republicans who may try to bring in compromise going against a Democratic Senate and President, its gonna be gridlock all over again.

All partisanship aside...it's easy to make promises when you're a rookie on the campaign trail, and then when you get elected you learn that the machine doesn't tolerate change. You gradually start to compromise to try to make the machine work for you, but then you just become a part of it.
The rookies who run against "career politicians" become "career politicians".