Defense Secretary Gates: Obama's war unnecessary

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Defense Secretary Gates: Obama's war unnecessary

Post by Nevermind »

Defense Secretary: Libya Did Not Pose Threat to U.S., Was Not 'Vital National Interest' to Intervene

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch ... rvene.html

So we launch a war against Libya, but nations that pose real threats like Iran and North Korea, ah fuck it.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: Defense Secretary Gates: Obama's war unnecessary

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

He did not say it was unnecessary, not that it was.
No, no,” Gates said in a joint appearance with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. “It was not -- it was not a vital national interest to the United States, but it was an interest and it was an interest for all of the reasons Secretary Clinton talked about. The engagement of the Arabs, the engagement of the Europeans, the general humanitarian question that was at stake,” he said.

Gates explained that there was more at stake, however. “There was another piece of this though, that certainly was a consideration. You've had revolutions on both the East and the West of Libya,” he said, emphasizing the potential wave of refugees from Libya could have destabilized Tunisia and Egypt.

“So you had a potentially significantly destabilizing event taking place in Libya that put at risk potentially the revolutions in both Tunisia and Egypt,” the Secretary said. “And that was another consideration I think we took into account.”
There are no nations that pose a real threat to the US, especially not Iran or North Korea. I just wonder what will happen if there is an uprising in Saudi Arabia. Will we step in for freedom there? :roll:
ImageImage
Redbeard
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by Redbeard »

Obama himself is completely unnecessary!
I'll have plenty of time to sleep when I'm dead!
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

Redbeard wrote:Obama himself is completely unnecessary!
Racist.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
SLASH1976
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by SLASH1976 »

Nevermind wrote:Defense Secretary: Libya Did Not Pose Threat to U.S., Was Not 'Vital National Interest' to Intervene
Neither did Iraq but who's counting ?
SAVE THE EARTH IT'S THE ONLY PLANET WITH BEER

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy & paste him into your
(")_(") sig to help him gain world domination

ChowderheadCheerleader
Headlining Clubs

Post by ChowderheadCheerleader »

SLASH1976 wrote:
Nevermind wrote:Defense Secretary: Libya Did Not Pose Threat to U.S., Was Not 'Vital National Interest' to Intervene
Yes, Iraq does have a vital interest. For the Oil companies actually, but guess who's running that shell game.

EatNails wrote:There is no defense for a male Poison fan.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

ChowderheadCheerleader wrote:
SLASH1976 wrote:
Yes, Iraq does have a vital interest. For the Oil companies actually, but guess who's running that shell game.
That would cover Libya too. They also have oil, you know.
ImageImage
Skate4RnR
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Skate4RnR »

I'm going to start asking questions like "Guess who's running that game." or "Are you going to the tea party tonight."

I don't care, PRAISE BARRY "SHAKA ZULU" OBAMA! This war isn't necessary but deep down in my gut, I've decided that he also used his gut to make this decision. He is the decider and he made his choice.

The last thing I want to hear is a bunch of tree fucking bleeding heart liebertards crying a river over a bunch of goddamn un-Christian American hating piss colored sand niggers. Fuck you, you're against our troops? You're against America.
ImageImageImage