You know what I don't get?

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Scoundrel
I Put The Sexy In Dyslexia

Re: You know what I don't get?

Post by Scoundrel »

MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:Perhaps you would be better represented by Bernard Madoff? He did pretty good for himself.

We're not?

Unraveling of a ponzi scheme (from Wikipedia):
1.The promoter vanishes, taking all the remaining investment money (minus payouts to investors already made).
2.Since the scheme requires a continual stream of investments to fund higher returns, once investment slows down, the scheme collapses as the promoter starts having problems paying the promised returns (the higher the returns, the greater the risk of the Ponzi scheme collapsing). Such liquidity crises often trigger panics, as more people start asking for their money, similar to a bank run.
3.External market forces, such as a sharp decline in the economy, cause many investors to withdraw part or all of their funds.

Sounds familiar, no? :lol:

Maybe Wall Street? Maybe California? And if we take a gander at "progressive Europe" we have Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal, France, Ireland, etc.
TheMightyMaiden wrote: At some point you think "what the fuck am I doing" when you can't tell the cadaver's ass from his face because of all the dissection you do.
joey65
Buying Cool Stage Clothes

Post by joey65 »

joey64 wrote:
ChowderheadCheerleader wrote:The AVERAGE American makes LESS than $60,000 a year.

Yet they vote for rich uptight dickheads on BOTH sides of the political fence to represent them.

How is it, people think, some rich guy who makes more than $100,000 + a year is going to represent them anywhere NEAR their best interests? It is simply not logical and America needs to wake the FUCK UP!

/rant
you can only vote for the politicians that are on the ballot, poor people don't have any funds to run for political office so they are not on the ballot at any level

most people want someone with some kind of track record of success to be their political representatives, so I guess they think somebody being rich means they are smart enough to do the job
bla bla bla its all Obamas fault
whatever.......I REALLY don't give a shit
ChowderheadCheerleader
Headlining Clubs

Post by ChowderheadCheerleader »

ROADHEAD wrote:
ChowderheadCheerleader wrote:Nevermind, here's your answer in SPADES:

George Bush Jr, who's family is RICH and therefore makes him rich, was NOT a successful businessman and every company he ran prior to being president went UNDER.

He the took a SURPLUS US economy and drove it into the largest deficit in the country's history!

Only to be trumped (by a LONG shot) by his successor!

Roadhead, you are so fucking WRONG. Obama has not come ANYWHERE near adding the FULL TOTAL dollar value of the deficit to our economy as Bush jr has. FACT. Several of the contributing factors to our economies CURRENT dismal performance is still being affected by Bush Jr policies. Thanks for playing, but you're so stupid, we're not even going to send you away with the home version of this game...

EatNails wrote:There is no defense for a male Poison fan.
ChowderheadCheerleader
Headlining Clubs

steeler36 wrote:Uh, Lincoln? BTW, a Republican.

What are the names of the companies that Bush Jr ran into the ground?
ChowderheadCheerleader wrote:Nevermind, here's your answer in SPADES:

George Bush Jr, who's family is RICH and therefore makes him rich, was NOT a successful businessman and every company he ran prior to being president went UNDER.

He the took a SURPLUS US economy and drove it into the largest deficit in the country's history!

So much for your rich = "success theory".

Now I'll counter that with another US president.

Harry S Truman.

A common man born in a POOR family.
Married into a wealthy family who's very money he was not allowed access to! So still no $$$.

Failed at a haberdashery (hat shop), failed as a stockbroker and a farmer. Yet became one of the best and POPULAR US presidents in the last century. Why was he so successful and popular? He represented the "average American". He was a no bullshit COMMON sense man and THAT my fellow sludgers is what is MISSING from today's politicians.

So you jumping to your "vote for a homeless" person post only further showed your ignorance, but across the boards even proved your lack of ability to even give a REASONABLE response to this post in the first place!

BRAVO!

WOW! U So smart! U Knows how to use that quote function so well dontcha?!?!

Your lack of ability to use something as simple as a quote function tells me that you are EXACTLY the type that America needs to avoid. Your inability to even use the interwebz correctly totally hints you have an IQ of less than 60 apparently.

A Short internet search will help you find the companies that Bush Jr. drove into the ground. But if you paid attention, MasterOfMeatPuppets has already posted some!

Secondly, I NEVER said vote for a HOMELESS person. That was another IDIOT who said that and I addressed that as EXACTLY what it was, a DUMB ASS COMMENT from a DUMB ASS POSTER! Your insistence to attempt to carry that argument further is only detrimental to yourself.

If you failed to see my "reasonable response" then you REALLY need to go back to school because you apparently don't know how to read "big words" very well either.

I went so far as to even give REAL world comparisons with REAL world presidents and yet that went COMPLETELY OVER your pea sized brain! BRA-FUCKING-VO!

Oh, and an "Auto Mechanic"? Hmmm. What if he OWNS his OWN SHOP and has made it such a success that he eventually turns it into a CHAIN of shops. Funny how that's happened a LOT over the years. Must be because of how STUPID they are. That comment was the most IDIOTIC comment on here yet (besides the "Homeless guy" comment).

What are you trying to do? Win an award for being back asswards? You'll need to go somewhere else, Sludge doesn't give those out...TOO MANY TIES!

ChowderheadCheerleader
Headlining Clubs

steeler36 wrote: You are so stupid, you shouldn't be able to vote. Do you even pay federal income taxes? Probably not! I make more than $100k a year and work my fucking ass off and actually create jobs since I owe a small business. I wouldn't hire your dumb ass.

/rant

You know, I believe that underlined part you wrote up there, You sound just like the kind of person who would screw a small business up so bad that you'd OWE them! So I guess you DO CREATE JOBS then, for BILL COLLECTORS! :lol:

Secondly, my dumb ass, as you so delicately put it, would NEVER work for an IDIOT like you if you really did OWN a business. Somehow I doubt that you do though.

I will tell you this though. I, in fact, OWN my own business and I also work for another company under TWO different titles for them. So I GUARAN-DAMN-TEE you don't work NEARLY as hard as I do. But don't sweat it. I make it look easy. Why? Because I KNOW what the fuck I am doing. The fact that the last 3 companies I have worked for have seen a 25% or MORE raise in profits in my division year after year with the addition of my help, is ALL the PROOF I need to know that what I am doing WORKS and CREATES JOBS TOO! ALL THREE companies were able to hire MORE people in my division each time because of the results I BROUGHT IN. So much for your "Job Creator" argument...

My own personal successes in working for other companies are very much a BIG part of why I was able to start my OWN business. But hey, I guess that makes me a "dumb ass".