Rupert Murdoch's troubles...

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Rupert Murdoch's troubles...

Post by vlad »

So....anyone following the huge dust-up in the UK? All the phone hacking?

And I've just read that (via the Daily Mail (or the Daily Fail as the case may be, and it is a competitor of Murdoch's British papers...) the Brit company tried to buy the phone numbers and personal details of 9/11 victims. I'm sure Fox News will somehow wiggle out of it, though the dude in charge of the WSJ and Dow-Jones is getting drawn into the UK scandal.

I wish I could feel bad for Murdoch...but I just can't. :lol:
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Rupert Murdoch's troubles...

Post by Crazy Levi »

It's pretty fucked up. Seriously. This is shit that would have embarrased Hearst. And that guy faked a bombing to start a fucking war.

Praying that some of this spills over to the US operations but I'm guessing the Americans aren't stupid enough.
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

Well Sen. Jay Rockefeller, head of a Senate Committee (which one escapes me at the moment) has called for an investigation.

Personally, I think that other media corporations might be smelling the blood in the water and it will be them that pushes this in this country. Of course I doubt Fox News will be covering this much. :) I watch CNN-I and they've been all over this like flies on shit.

It's already cost Murdoch a big takeover in the UK....and I'll try to watch his and his son's and that ginger chick try to talk their way out of trouble in front of Parliament this next week .

Oh and it's come out that Murdoch's American company should have paid about 3.5 million in corporate taxes, but somehow got (that got back from the government) 4.8 billion FROM the United States people.
LJP 2002-2014

MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

vlad wrote: Oh and it's come out that Murdoch's American company should have paid about 3.5 million in corporate taxes, but somehow got (that got back from the government) 4.8 billion FROM the United States people.
The proud conservative owner of the Fox News Channel got a handout from the US government? No way!
ImageImage
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

Glad this Tory loving cocksucker is feeling the heat a little bit.
Kerry King's Pentagram
Asskicker in Training

Post by Kerry King's Pentagram »

MickeyG wrote:Glad this Tory loving cocksucker is feeling the heat a little bit.
Agreed. Also pleased to see some of this affecting Cameron as well. Without his Lib Dem shield, he's a good deal more vulnerable.

"Hey Butt-Head. What did people do before TV?" "Don't be stupid, Beavis. There's always been TV. There's just more channels now." "Oh yeah, progress is cool!"
coatsy
Opening for Slaughter

Post by coatsy »

MickeyG wrote:Glad this Tory loving cocksucker is feeling the heat a little bit.
hardly tory, he backed blair in the 90's, his scottish edition of the sun was backing the scottish nationailst party.
PowerSlaveToTheGrind
Made the Devil Cry

Post by PowerSlaveToTheGrind »

coatsy wrote:hardly tory, he backed blair in the 90's, his scottish edition of the sun was backing the scottish nationailst party.
Murdoch just backs whoever he thinks is going to win.
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

Les Hinton resigned. :D

And the Bancroft Family now regrets selling the Dow JonesWSJ to him. Well d'uh!

Where's Hannity and O'Reilly on this! I hope Ailes is pissing blood.
LJP 2002-2014

eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

I think him and his son need to get away for awhile to forget their trouble's perhaps go quayle hunting with one of their biggest allies Dick Cheney.
Maybe the world could get lucky and they could pull a 3 stooges type stunt and accidently kill each other with out any birds getting hurt of course.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

coatsy wrote:
hardly tory, he backed blair in the 90's, his scottish edition of the sun was backing the scottish nationailst party.
Like Blair was true Labour.
David_Lee_Halen
Raw Dogged by Hagar

Post by David_Lee_Halen »

Crazy Levi wrote:It's pretty fucked up. Seriously. This is shit that would have embarrased Hearst. And that guy faked a bombing to start a fucking war.

Praying that some of this spills over to the US operations but I'm guessing the Americans aren't stupid enough.
Can you elaborate on Hearst faking a bombing to start a war? I'm not familiar with this incident.
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

David_Lee_Halen wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:It's pretty fucked up. Seriously. This is shit that would have embarrased Hearst. And that guy faked a bombing to start a fucking war.

Can you elaborate on Hearst faking a bombing to start a war? I'm not familiar with this incident.

Remember the Maine! Hearst pushed and pushed the story that Spain had sunk the Maine. Which didn't happen.

Yellow Journalism....Hearst spiritually taught Murdoch everything he knows.
LJP 2002-2014

David_Lee_Halen
Raw Dogged by Hagar

Post by David_Lee_Halen »

vlad wrote:
David_Lee_Halen wrote:

Remember the Maine! Hearst pushed and pushed the story that Spain had sunk the Maine. Which didn't happen.

Yellow Journalism....Hearst spiritually taught Murdoch everything he knows.
Oh, OK.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

This may be old news so forgive me if it is, but David Beckham, Jude Law and Paul McCartney have apparently been hacked too.

Law claims his hacking was while he was in America, which could bring serious consequences for Murdoch's empire.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

MickeyG wrote:This may be old news so forgive me if it is, but David Beckham, Jude Law and Paul McCartney have apparently been hacked too.

Law claims his hacking was while he was in America, which could bring serious consequences for Murdoch's empire.
Where did you hear this? Fox?
ImageImage
PowerSlaveToTheGrind
Made the Devil Cry

Post by PowerSlaveToTheGrind »

Rebekah Brooks, having resigned on Friday, has now been arrested.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer person...
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:
MickeyG wrote:This may be old news so forgive me if it is, but David Beckham, Jude Law and Paul McCartney have apparently been hacked too.

No, it's from the People newspaper in the UK, one of Murdoch's competitors.
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:

Heh....I seriously doubt Fox is all over this story. That seems to be a news story all it's own (Fox's lack of coverage). Though CNN has a bit of a problem as well, Piers Morgan used ot be an editor of NOTW as well. Parliament, I think, wants to ask him a few questions as well...something CNN isn't mentioning.

Rebekah Brooks got arrested? Ah...my heart bleeds. This has to be giving Cameron a lot of sleepless nights.
LJP 2002-2014

MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Morgan left the NOTW years ago though, and fled to The Mirror when he did, one of Murdochs rivals. After the shit he pulled at the Mirror though, it wouldn't surprise me if he was involved in hacking while Editor of said paper.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

vlad wrote:Heh....I seriously doubt Fox is all over this story. That seems to be a news story all it's own (Fox's lack of coverage). Though CNN has a bit of a problem as well, Piers Morgan used ot be an editor of NOTW as well. Parliament, I think, wants to ask him a few questions as well...something CNN isn't mentioning.
It is pretty funny. The New York Post has NOTHING about this story in today's issue. Can't blame them I guess since they'd get fired if they did, but it really undermines how ridiculous the whole Fox News empire is. I don't understand how people can actually rely on it as a source of news, rather than just entertainment.

This is a big story. A HUGE story. And yet you won't find a word of it mentioned in one of the biggest papers in one of the biggest cities in the world.
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

Crazy Levi wrote:
vlad wrote:Heh....I seriously doubt Fox is all over this story. That seems to be a news story all it's own (Fox's lack of coverage). Though CNN has a bit of a problem as well, Piers Morgan used ot be an editor of NOTW as well. Parliament, I think, wants to ask him a few questions as well...something CNN isn't mentioning.
It is pretty funny. The New York Post has NOTHING about this story in today's issue. Can't blame them I guess since they'd get fired if they did, but it really undermines how ridiculous the whole Fox News empire is. I don't understand how people can actually rely on it as a source of news, rather than just entertainment.

This is a big story. A HUGE story. And yet you won't find a word of it mentioned in one of the biggest papers in one of the biggest cities in the world.
Oh dear.... :D

Did you see the op-ed in the WSJ? It's basically "it's the liberals fault and you all suck!!!!!!" .
LJP 2002-2014

MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

vlad wrote:
Crazy Levi wrote:

Oh dear.... :D

Did you see the op-ed in the WSJ? It's basically "it's the liberals fault and you all suck!!!!!!" .
Fair and balanced. :lol:
ImageImage
TravisBickelsMohawk
Mad Cow Diseased

Post by TravisBickelsMohawk »

And onward to America. If anybody thinks our police force and reporters are above this kind of shit, give me fucking break.

Murdick is a scumbag.
Animals die to keep your fat ass alive.
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

"WE HAVE JOY WE HAVE FUN WE HAVE MESSED UP MURDOCH'S SUN"

Lulzsec has hacked Murdoch's UK papers.
LJP 2002-2014

Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

I just don't have the patience to wait for these cocksuckers to go down. Death penalty!
ImageImageImage
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

Skate4RnR wrote:I just don't have the patience to wait for these cocksuckers to go down. Death penalty!

Oh I'm enjoying this. Except for the whistleblower who died this past day. :( But shit like Rebekah Brook's husband's laptop being found in the garbage away from their penthouse. Becuase he told a friend to leave it in their garage ( a big parking garage) but the friend put in the wrong part of the garage and a cleaner must have thought it was garbage and so threw it away....yeah..okay... :mrgreen:
LJP 2002-2014

KneelandBobDylan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by KneelandBobDylan »

KAOS
AKA Doo Doo Brown

Post by KAOS »

Loving the fact that the asshole got a pie to the face today.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/1 ... k1%7C78745

No weapon formed against me shall prosper...
and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn.
cc117
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by cc117 »

I have seen Fox News mention this story briefly during the news headlines but not a word from the pundits.