John Stewart on Ron Paul

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

crabfan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

John Stewart on Ron Paul

Post by crabfan »

This is awesome! JS calling out the establishment...

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-a ... e-top-tier
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: John Stewart on Ron Paul

Post by Crazy Levi »

crabfan wrote:This is awesome! JS calling out the establishment...

Ron Paul thinks it's a good idea for Iran to get themselves some nukes.

He and his batshit crazy followers disturb me, almost as much as his racist lunatic son.
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

Ron Paul makes Ross Perot seem sane, by comparison.
crabfan

Post by crabfan »

cantstopthemusic wrote:Ron Paul makes Ross Perot seem sane, by comparison.

Haha...how is that?
Dr J Jones

Post by Dr J Jones »

Crazy Levi wrote:

He and his batshit crazy followers disturb me, almost as much as his racist lunatic son.
are you really THAT scared?

Geez...I can't believe any free thinking american can continue to buy into this fear mongering. Are you afraid of Pakistan? they already have nukes and gave the Chinese our helicopter.
Are you afraid of Russia? they already have nukes and the means to deliver them to US soil if Putin get's an anti american hair up his ass.

News Flash....

WE created the IRAN that you fear. WE CREATED IT!!
We brought ALL of this on ourselves so I can't feel sorry for ya if you're scared.

I know I know...their idiot Iranian president said he wants to wipe Israel off the map...ooh...scary....geez. Israel can defend itself just fine. They could wipe out Iran by themselves in a matter of a few days...

We do not need to be involved..period...we can't afford to be involved.

It's time for everyone to evolve a little bit and learn from our mistakes..
Dr J Jones

Post by Dr J Jones »

But now for the real question....

Why is the mainstream media ignoring Ron Paul?

Talk about being scared! :lol:

What a bunch of corporate cocksucking fools.

When the us economy totally collapses you can tell me how the establishment has worked out for you.
Dr J Jones

Post by Dr J Jones »

Crazy Levi wrote:

I can totally relate.

The establishment, corporate owned politicians and their brain washed followers scare me to death. Their track record is proven. Look at where their policies have gotten us!
We are totally fucked as a nation because of these people.

Very disturbing
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

There are different reasons mainstream media is ignoring Ron Paul. The non-intellectual side of TV journalism, like Fox News and CNN, ignore him because their concern is primarily over the minutiae of political campaigning e.g. whether someone is telegenic or not, gaffes, platitudes. When you have someone like Ron Paul or even Newt Gingrich who goes out there and orates like statesmen of old, making rhetorical points backed up by explanation and example, that does not provide excitement or ratings. Some people do not have the intellectual capacity to do that like a Michelle Bachmann or a Herman Cain, and others like Mitt Romney and our President, know how to argue in such a fashion but realize that they can rely on this kind of red carpet commentary from the TV news media to avoid having to do that.

The reason the intellectual print media and beltway personalities avoid or use the same silly ad hominem "crazy" epithets is because Ron Paul represents a dismantling of the managerial state that they, as either Republicans or Democrats, want the US to remain. Ron Paul's restorationist view of policy is dangerous to continual growth of the welfare state left and hawkish neoconservative right. That's the kind of change that makes the status quo wake up with nightmares, whether you're Bill Kristol or Robert Reich, or Lindsay Graham or Hilary Clinton.

GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
Cyber Spirit
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by Cyber Spirit »

SeminiferousButtNoid wrote:There are different reasons mainstream media is ignoring Ron Paul. The non-intellectual side of TV journalism, like Fox News and CNN, ignore him because their concern is primarily over the minutiae of political campaigning e.g. whether someone is telegenic or not, gaffes, platitudes. When you have someone like Ron Paul or even Newt Gingrich who goes out there and orates like statesmen of old, making rhetorical points backed up by explanation and example, that does not provide excitement or ratings. Some people do not have the intellectual capacity to do that like a Michelle Bachmann or a Herman Cain, and others like Mitt Romney and our President, know how to argue in such a fashion but realize that they can rely on this kind of red carpet commentary from the TV news media to avoid having to do that.

The reason the intellectual print media and beltway personalities avoid or use the same silly ad hominem "crazy" epithets is because Ron Paul represents a dismantling of the managerial state that they, as either Republicans or Democrats, want the US to remain. Ron Paul's restorationist view of policy is dangerous to continual growth of the welfare state left and hawkish neoconservative right. That's the kind of change that makes the status quo wake up with nightmares, whether you're Bill Kristol or Robert Reich, or Lindsay Graham or Hilary Clinton.

I think Fox and CNN fall into the
second bracket as well;not meaning
that they are intelligent.

I cant believe Americans are swallowing
this crap.The greatest democracy on Earth,
what a complete and utter joke.If i was
an American i would vote for Paul based
on it being the most democratic thing to do.

No wonder your great country is on its knees.
crabfan

Post by crabfan »

SeminiferousButtNoid wrote:There are different reasons mainstream media is ignoring Ron Paul. The non-intellectual side of TV journalism, like Fox News and CNN, ignore him because their concern is primarily over the minutiae of political campaigning e.g. whether someone is telegenic or not, gaffes, platitudes. When you have someone like Ron Paul or even Newt Gingrich who goes out there and orates like statesmen of old, making rhetorical points backed up by explanation and example, that does not provide excitement or ratings. Some people do not have the intellectual capacity to do that like a Michelle Bachmann or a Herman Cain, and others like Mitt Romney and our President, know how to argue in such a fashion but realize that they can rely on this kind of red carpet commentary from the TV news media to avoid having to do that.

Well put SBN.
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

Dr J Jones wrote:But now for the real question....

When the us economy totally collapses you can tell me how the establishment has worked out for you.

Why is the mainstream media ignoring Ron Paul? Most likely because he wants to legalize things like heroin and turn us into "Fortress America".

At best Ron Paul wants to be Emperor Paul, at worst he wants to be Hitler, since he's a racist prick.
Total Ass
Doing 10 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by Total Ass »

What makes him racist?
KneelandBobDylan

Post by KneelandBobDylan »

Total Ass wrote:What makes him racist?

http://newsone.com/nation/casey-gane-mc ... -revealed/

Or, you could have googled " Ron Paul racist " on your own. Wonder why you wouldn't/didn't?
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

And I seriously doubt John Stewart is a big Ron Paul fan by any means, so just the fact that he's calling out Fox News and Paul's fellow Republicans for ignoring Paul doesn't amount to much. Ron Paul is fucking nuts
Dr J Jones

Post by Dr J Jones »

Tommy2Tone84 wrote:

Why is the mainstream media ignoring Ron Paul? Most likely because he wants to legalize things like heroin and turn us into "Fortress America".

At best Ron Paul wants to be Emperor Paul, at worst he wants to be Hitler, since he's a racist prick.

Wow...Hitler? REALLY :lol:

Ron Paul wants to legalize all drugs btw. The drug policy in this country is ridiculous.

Tobacco and alcohol are the worst drugs on the planet, and available at the corner store....talk about hypocrisy...but you can't smoke weed.. :lol:

Ohhhoooh "HEROIN oohh SCARY language! :lol:
Dr J Jones

Post by Dr J Jones »

I always get a kick out of the anti Paul's who call him Crazy...

The status quo is bat shit crazy.
a society that is dependent on the government is crazy
doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is crazy...
Fighting needless wars that we can't afford is crazy
Sticking our nose in the affairs of foreign countries and not expecting some sort of backlash is crazy and delusional.
Spending money that you don't have on things you don't need is crazy
Federal government mandates are crazy
Blood for oil foreign policy is crazy

please... :lol:
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by MasterOfMeatPuppets »

Keep your stinking paws off my Constitution, you damn dirty ape!
ImageImage
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

Dr J Jones wrote:
Tommy2Tone84 wrote:

Wow...Hitler? REALLY :lol:

Ron Paul wants to legalize all drugs btw. The drug policy in this country is ridiculous.

Tobacco and alcohol are the worst drugs on the planet, and available at the corner store....talk about hypocrisy...but you can't smoke weed.. :lol:

Ohhhoooh "HEROIN oohh SCARY language! :lol:
Yeah Hitler, Ron Paul has taken donations from neo-Nazi's like Don Black

I think weed should be legal in a variety of ways but primarily for medical reasons but Heroin I don't and you are dumber than I thought if you think it should be legal.

I think certain guns should be legal but there are obviously other kinds of guns that I don't think have any business being legal. It's a parallel line to the alcohol argument. You tea baggers think if a .357 is legal then so should rocket launchers :roll:
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

Dr J Jones wrote:I always get a kick out of the anti Paul's who call him Crazy...

Sticking our nose in the affairs of foreign countries and not expecting some sort of backlash is crazy and delusional.

The status quo? To me, the status quo seems to be the tea baggers. They are the loudest group of idiots at the whole convention.

You are an idiot to think modern and civil societies don't need gov't. If you don't want any kind of gov't move to Somalia and find out just how awesome it is to live without gov't.

Afghanistan wasn't a needless war, it was a necessary war but one that Bush/Cheney fucked up like the couple of douche nozzles they are. Iraq(the second time) was a needless war, most Democrats and smart Republicans didn't want it but gave Bush/Cheney the benefit of the doubt, as did the country. Bush/Cheney betrayed that trust. Cheney doesn't really seem to be bothered by it, Bush 43 does but won't come right out and admit it publicly. It only took Obama two years to accomplish what it took Bush/Cheney eight years to NOT accomplish.....getting bin Laden.

Do you know anything about politics or the political history of our country? Go read up on the war of 1812, WW2 and while you're at it read up on how Jefferson changed his stance on the Navy from his time as Secretary of State and VP to the time he became President and had to confront the Barbary War.

Islamic Fundamentalists ramming our passenger airlines into our buildings and not expecting some kind of serious military response is crazy and delusional.

The war in support of Kuwait was totally legal, legit and Bush 41 handled it beautifully from beginning to end. Sometimes war is necessary but should only be used as a last resort. Kuwait was a last resort, so was our response to 9/11 in Afghanistan.

Sometimes you have to spend money that you don't have in order to function in life. That's just how the world works. You Republicans and Tea Baggers should be loving Obama because he's doing EVERYTHING you want him to. He hasn't raised one red cent of income tax, hasn't raised the payroll tax and has pretty much rolled over like a dead deer for Boehner and let old, tan n' leather face fuck him up the ass a good one.

No, the Republicans giving billion dollar corporations tax breaks and subsidies is crazy.

We get most of our oil from Canada, yeah we are real war mongers, killing all those Canadians for our oil consumption. Our differences with the Middle East have far more to do with culture and religious differences than it does with oil.
Dr J Jones

Post by Dr J Jones »

Tommy2Tone84 wrote:
Dr J Jones wrote:I always get a kick out of the anti Paul's who call him Crazy...

The status quo? To me, the status quo seems to be the tea baggers. They are the loudest group of idiots at the whole convention.
The Staus Quo to me is allowing corporations and banks to determine who is going to be our president. Allowing the federal government to operate unchecked. The bottom line "to me" is that the federal government is way out of control and needs to be reigned in.

You are an idiot to think modern and civil societies don't need gov't. If you don't want any kind of gov't move to Somalia and find out just how awesome it is to live without gov't.
The Federal government is inept and can't even operate the fucking post office! They can't manage a war. Their policies are full of hypocrisy and cronyism. They don't give a fuck about you or me. They only care about rich friends.

Afghanistan wasn't a needless war, it was a necessary war but one that Bush/Cheney fucked up like the couple of douche nozzles they are. Iraq(the second time) was a needless war, most Democrats and smart Republicans didn't want it but gave Bush/Cheney the benefit of the doubt, as did the country. Bush/Cheney betrayed that trust. Cheney doesn't really seem to be bothered by it, Bush 43 does but won't come right out and admit it publicly. It only took Obama two years to accomplish what it took Bush/Cheney eight years to NOT accomplish.....getting bin Laden.
I was in favor of the war in Afghanistan but not the way it was fought. We should have leveled a few cities like we did to Japan in the 40's. That would have sent a clear message to the terrorist and their friends as to what will happen if you fuck with us. This idea that we should fight them on the ground is misguided. It's a waste of time, money and american lives. I do not believe in proportionate force.
The war in Iraq was illegal and a horrible abuse of power by Bush/Cheney period.

Do you know anything about politics or the political history of our country? Go read up on the war of 1812, WW2 and while you're at it read up on how Jefferson changed his stance on the Navy from his time as Secretary of State and VP to the time he became President and had to confront the Barbary War. mm kay

Islamic Fundamentalists ramming our passenger airlines into our buildings and not expecting some kind of serious military response is crazy and delusional. As I said..I would have nuked Afghanistan and let them to their own devices

The war in support of Kuwait was totally legal, legit and Bush 41 handled it beautifully from beginning to end. Sometimes war is necessary but should only be used as a last resort. Kuwait was a last resort, so was our response to 9/11 in Afghanistan.

Sometimes you have to spend money that you don't have in order to function in life. That's just how the world works. You Republicans and Tea Baggers should be loving Obama because he's doing EVERYTHING you want him to. He hasn't raised one red cent of income tax, hasn't raised the payroll tax and has pretty much rolled over like a dead deer for Boehner and let old, tan n' leather face fuck him up the ass a good one. I am an independent. I do not agree with the theory of spending money we don't have so..you lost me on that. Our government WASTES so much fucking money. If they didn't waste it we would have plenty to spend on the things we really need

No, the Republicans giving billion dollar corporations tax breaks and subsidies is crazy. The US government should not be bailing out any company. Let them fall and perhaps they'll learn to manage themselves better next time

We get most of our oil from Canada, yeah we are real war mongers, killing all those Canadians for our oil consumption. Our differences with the Middle East have far more to do with culture and religious differences than it does with oil.
I'll make you a deal..I'll go read up on the Barbary War if you go read up on operation AJAX. It was a huge foreign policy blunder and is also what lead to the Islamic revolution.
KneelandBobDylan

You do know that the size of the government i.e. the number of government employees has gone down since Obama became president, right?
Dr J Jones

Post by Dr J Jones »

KneelandBobDylan wrote:You do know that the size of the government i.e. the number of government employees has gone down since Obama became president, right?

Too many "czars" for my taste...

Anyone who thinks the federal government "knows best" is misinformed and probably living off the system.
KneelandBobDylan

Dr J Jones wrote:
KneelandBobDylan wrote:You do know that the size of the government i.e. the number of government employees has gone down since Obama became president, right?

Anyone who thinks the federal government "knows best" is misinformed and probably living off the system.

The goverment fucks up, but if you think corporations don't fuck up, and wouldn't fuck up more if it weren't for laws and regulations the government inacted to protect you, you're misinformed, and probably an idiot.
Dr J Jones

Post by Dr J Jones »

KneelandBobDylan wrote:
Dr J Jones wrote:

The goverment fucks up, but if you think corporations don't fuck up, and wouldn't fuck up more if it weren't for laws and regulations the government inacted to protect you, you're misinformed, and probably an idiot.

Yeah...you're right...the government and their corporate cock sucking friends are awesome! They have put this country in the best possible position we could be in right now! What would we do without them?
We really need them to tell us what foods are good for us, what medicine we should take, what cars to buy, and what insurance company we should use for health insurance. I am not capable of making those decisions on my own.

This society is so fuckin needy and dumbed down it's fuckin crazy.

They got us right where they want us.....in a dependency column....

:roll:
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Dr J Jones wrote:
KneelandBobDylan wrote:
Dr J Jones wrote:

Yeah...you're right...the government and their corporate cock sucking friends are awesome! They have put this country in the best possible position we could be in right now! What would we do without them?
We really need them to tell us what foods are good for us, what medicine we should take, what cars to buy, and what insurance company we should use for health insurance. I am not capable of making those decisions on my own.

This society is so fuckin needy and dumbed down it's fuckin crazy.

They got us right where they want us.....in a dependency column....

:roll:
Yet you would turn those same corporate cock sucking fiends loose on us without regulation or restraint.
ImageImage
Dr J Jones

Post by Dr J Jones »

The Federal government and the corporations are in bed together. One feeds the other...

They don't give a fuck about you or me. They only care about profits, bonuses and and getting douchebags elected or re-elected to office who will perpetuate their scam.
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Dr J Jones wrote:The Federal government and the corporations are in bed together. One feeds the other...

They don't give a fuck about you or me. They only care about profits, bonuses and and getting douchebags elected or re-elected to office who will perpetuate their scam.
Corporations exist for the sole purpose of profit? :shock:
ImageImage
Dr J Jones

Post by Dr J Jones »

MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:
Dr J Jones wrote:The Federal government and the corporations are in bed together. One feeds the other...

http://youtu.be/WnXLTFB3uq4

this is what I'm talkin about.

And this ok to you?
MasterOfMeatPuppets
MSX Tour Support Act

Dr J Jones wrote:
MasterOfMeatPuppets wrote:

http://youtu.be/WnXLTFB3uq4

this is what I'm talkin about.

And this ok to you?
It's OK with Dr. Paul.
ImageImage
Dr J Jones

Post by Dr J Jones »

I doubt that...