GOP Congressman Scraping By on Only $400,000 After Taxes

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

gtrjay
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

GOP Congressman Scraping By on Only $400,000 After Taxes

Post by gtrjay »

Maybe he can learn to live on less than he makes, cut out luxuries like cable, family vacations, $5 latte's, private school for kids, private colleges for kids, 1st class airline tix, etc. You know stuff the common man doesn't do anyway.

I think Congress should listen and study people like Dave Ramsey & Suze Orman on how to budget, pay off debt, invest and live on beans & rice while getting out of debt. What a fucking concept!

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics ... xes/42655/
I’m completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. These two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin - Modern Philosopher
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Re: GOP Congressman Scraping By on Only $400,000 After Taxes

Post by Nevermind »

It's not any of your business how much money he has or what he spends it on as long as he obtained his wealth legally. Perhaps you should strive to be a better person in life, and create your own wealth instead of sitting behind your computer bitching about what someone else has got.

You also seemed to have missed the story that was in the headlines the last few days about Nancy Pelosi, her $10,000 a night hotel room, and her net worth of $35.5 million. I didn't mention it till your post because, well, I don't care. Good for her. She made something of herself.
But hey man, she's the "1%". Where's your outrage? Why aren't you and the other occutards marching on her office?
gtrjay

Post by gtrjay »

Nevermind wrote:It's not any of your business how much money he has or what he spends it on as long as he obtained his wealth legally. Perhaps you should strive to be a better person in life, and create your own wealth instead of sitting behind your computer bitching about what someone else has got.

You also seemed to have missed the story that was in the headlines the last few days about Nancy Pelosi, her $10,000 a night hotel room, and her net worth of $35.5 million. I didn't mention it till your post because, well, I don't care. Good for her. She made something of herself.
But hey man, she's the "1%". Where's your outrage? Why aren't you and the other occutards marching on her office?

Actually when someone is in public office, it is public information. So yes, it is my business and I will express my opinion behind a computer and in person as I have done so many times.

I am doing just fine on my own, but will admit am nowhere near the 1% of the nation, or even the $250k limit that Obama wants to tax. I agree, if you make $1 million or more, you should pay more. The middle class has been squeezed enough. Bush tax cuts were great but no paid for.

But you see, I know how to do a budget and live within my means. I don't eat steak 4x a week. It's funny when these rich fucks in Congress and even in the business world that are so outta touch with reality, that they like telling people what to do, but won't do the same for themselves. If so, why haven't all of congress given up their healthcare or pensions to help in 'shared sacrifice'?

Both parties are full of the top 1% that write laws that don't apply to them. Nancy Pelosi is a cunt as well. Eric Cantor is a cocksucker. Both Eric and John Bonner have said to Obama all along, 'where are the jobs?' Then Occupy Wall St happens and their response is, 'why don't they get a job?'. They must be that fucking stupid not to see the connection. Or they don't care.

If these people are such 'job creators' why not have these rich fucks, CEO's that get their $5 million bonus, and divide it up. For example, if the CEO of Delta Airlines (or any company) gets $5 million, divide that by 125 and he created 125 jobs paying $40,000 a year. That is being a job creator. But no, they would rather layoff people in order to get their bonuses. I mean asking someone to forgo their bonus for the good of the company. How cruel. They only ask workers to pay more for healthcare, retirement (most people don't get pensions anymore), and oh yeah, come in on your day off or use a vacation day and still come in.

I am not saying one can't be successful. What I am saying is don't fucking whine you can't make it on $400k a year. Anyone who says that can fuck off! If he can't make it, cut cable TV, put your kids in a real public school, , go to a different college, buy a fucking used car. Go to a place that charges $10 for a haircut. Skip vacations and pack your lunch for work.

The kids do not go to the same school as your kids. Different Doctors, Different Dentists. Different cars then you have. Different Vacations. Different Morals, Different Ethics. Different Concerns. Different Worries. Different Neighborhoods. NOT the same as you in any way, shape, or form.

You expect them to represent you?
I’m completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. These two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
joey64
Headlining Clubs

Post by joey64 »

After being asked about the $6 million profit of his businesses last year, he responded that, "the amount that I have to reinvest in my business and feed my family is more like $600,000 of that $6.3 million, and so by the time I feed my family I have, maybe, $400,000 left over to invest in new locations, upgrade my locations, buy more equipment..."

what an idiot, if the $6 mill is PROFIT, & he has only $600,000 left, then he's lying, if the $6 mill is his gross, then he's got way too much overheads, if it costs him $200K a year to feed his family he's lying for sure
insouciance - the fine art of not giving a shit, done in a classy way
gtrjay

Post by gtrjay »

joey64 wrote:After being asked about the $6 million profit of his businesses last year, he responded that, "the amount that I have to reinvest in my business and feed my family is more like $600,000 of that $6.3 million, and so by the time I feed my family I have, maybe, $400,000 left over to invest in new locations, upgrade my locations, buy more equipment..."

what an idiot, if the $6 mill is PROFIT, & he has only $600,000 left, then he's lying, if the $6 mill is his gross, then he's got way too much overheads, if it costs him $200K a year to feed his family he's lying for sure

My point. Our elected officials are quick to point out how WE should cut our lifestyle and/or agree on higher taxes. But they don't follow their own advice.

Do as I say, not as I do. Classic politician speak
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

Raises for our elected officials should be up to us.
ImageImageImage
gtrjay

Post by gtrjay »

fitting for the fiscal cliff!!!!
brotherplanet
Show Me Your Dick

Post by brotherplanet »

gtrjay wrote:
joey64 wrote:After being asked about the $6 million profit of his businesses last year, he responded that, "the amount that I have to reinvest in my business and feed my family is more like $600,000 of that $6.3 million, and so by the time I feed my family I have, maybe, $400,000 left over to invest in new locations, upgrade my locations, buy more equipment..."

My point. Our elected officials are quick to point out how WE should cut our lifestyle and/or agree on higher taxes. But they don't follow their own advice.

Do as I say, not as I do. Classic politician speak

"Let them eat Hostess cup cakes!"

Oh... wait...
gtrjay

Post by gtrjay »

Anyone else feel sorry for this douchbag?
Nemesis
Headlining Clubs

Post by Nemesis »

Skate4RnR wrote:Raises for our elected officials should be up to us.

They'd never get a raise if it were done that way.