Iran

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

jaimest.lane
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Iran

Post by jaimest.lane »

Is this next war? If so how soon and how long will this one last?
DEATH ROW JOE
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Iran

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

jaimest.lane wrote:Is this next war?
Yes.
jaimest.lane wrote: If so how soon and how long will this one last?
Not long. Don't forget the world is ending sometime this year (2012).
Supersonic
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by Supersonic »

Damn Iranians live next door to me :x They appear to be really great neighbours but the matriarch took a trip to visit 'family' in Tehran recently and one of their 'friends' parked in front of my house :x . Watched Arlington Road again the other day. Makes you think.
Dr J Jones
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Dr J Jones »

Yep...we like war...
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

Iran welcomes U.S. rescue of Iranian fishermen

ehran, Iran (CNN) -- Iran on Saturday welcomed the rescue of 13 Iranian sailors by a U.S. Navy ship, calling it a "humanitarian act."

The sailors were on a fishing boat that had been hijacked by pirates in the Arabian Sea, near the Strait of Hormuz.

According to the Navy, a helicopter from the destroyer USS Kidd spotted a suspect pirate boat alongside the Iranian vessel on Thursday. The destroyer is part of the USS John Stennis Strike Group, which moved into the Arabian Sea from the Persian Gulf last week.

As the helicopter spotted the suspect pirate ship, the Kidd received a distress call from the fishing boat's captain, saying pirates were holding him and his crew captive.

A team from the Kidd boarded the vessel, took 15 suspected pirates into custody, and freed 13 Iranian hostages, the Navy said.

A spokesman for Iran's Foreign Ministry, Ramin Mehmanparast, had positive words about the rescue when he spoke Saturday to the Arabic news network Al-Alam.

"Rescuing Iranian sailors by the U.S. was a humanitarian act and we welcome such acts," he said. "The Iranian Navy also engages in such rescue operations. It is the responsibility of all nations to rescue nationals from other countries from pirates."

The carrier strike group's presence in the Persian Gulf had drawn the ire of Iranian military officials, who said the United States should not send any more warships into the Gulf.

Iranian Brig. Gen. Ahmad Vahidi said "there is no need" for countries outside of the region to have a presence there.

"Their presence does nothing but create mayhem," Vahidi said, according to the semi-official Fars News Agency.

The suspected pirates, mostly Somalis, were taken to the Stennis to be held until a decision is made about prosecution, Pentagon spokesman Capt. John Kirby said Friday.

Pirates hijacked the fishing vessel, the Al Molai, 40 to 45 days ago, U.S. Naval Forces Central Command said in a statement. The crew was "held hostage, with limited rations and we believe were forced against their will to assist the pirates with other piracy operations," according to the statement.

The Navy team provided food, water and medical care to both the suspected pirates and the Al Molai's crew after securing the ship and ensuring everyone was safe, said Josh Schminky, a Navy Criminal Investigative Service agent aboard the Kidd.

The crew had "been through a lot," he said, adding, "We went out of our way to treat the fishing crew with kindness and respect."

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta on Friday congratulated the strike group commander, Rear Adm. Craig Faller, and his team on the rescue, saying they did the right thing.

"When we get a distress signal, we're going to respond. That's the nature of what our country is all about," Panetta said, according to Pentagon spokesman George Little.
Constantine
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Constantine »

The dirty americans want to humiliate Iran and make them lose face. They have huge inventories of weapons, bombs ect they have to use before they can start to produce the next generation of weapons. Muslims are now controling the U.K so why not bomb there instead?
SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:He watched me bang her, trying to cock-block by howling and being a bitch in every dog-possible way. As soon as we switched to "doggy-style" he shut up immediately
Supersonic
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by Supersonic »

Constantine wrote:Muslims are now controling the U.K so why not bomb there instead?
Utter shit.
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

If Obama wins, I don't think the United States will bomb Iran during his second term. But the Israelis might, and that's their prerogative. The Russians will bitch and moan publicly but privately they will rejoice because all Putin and his fellow Russian oligarchs care about are high oil prices, which will skyrocket.

If a Republican wins in November, there will most certainly be US intervention in Iran. Romney or Gingrich will bring back familiar neocon faces from PNAC/FPI and American Heritage Institute to engineer support for the war just like they did with Iraq. It will be George W Bush all over again.
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Supersonic wrote:
Constantine wrote:Muslims are now controling the U.K so why not bomb there instead?
Utter shit.
Yeah, how about those Tories? All a bunch of fucking Muslims following sharia law.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Supersonic
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by Supersonic »

MurrayFiend wrote:
Supersonic wrote:
Utter shit.
Yeah, how about those Tories? All a bunch of fucking Muslims following sharia law.
The Tories are more likely to stick a fox's tail on one of them and send the huntsmen and a pack of baying hounds to chase them down. :)
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

SeminiferousButtNoid wrote:If a Republican wins in November, there will most certainly be US intervention in Iran. Romney or Gingrich will bring back familiar neocon faces from PNAC/FPI and American Heritage Institute to engineer support for the war just like they did with Iraq. It will be George W Bush all over again.
Eh that's okay 'Noid, I mean we can afford another unfunded war right? We still have that line of credit with China don't we?

What the heck, I'm not going over there and I really don't want gas prices to go up, so it's all worth it to me..

What's the over/under on US military deaths? More or less than Iraq and Afghanistan?
Constantine
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Constantine »

I mean Iran couldn't be wary of the west for any reasons other than them being " nutbars" as is so often preached here...it couldn't be the invasion by Britain in 1941, the overthrow of their democratically elected government by Britain and the US in 1953, the Shah's western trained brtual secret police agency , the SAVAK, the western backed invasion of Iran by Iraq in 1980 which caused over half a million Iranian deaths, the invasion of Iraq on false pretenses, the attack on Libya, western intervention in Syria, the invasion of Afghanistan to root out less than 1000 Al Queida, constant threats of attack by Israel, a nation with somewhere between 100 and 250 nuclear weapons as well as biological weapons or having the US 5th fleet and nuclear armed submaries just minutes off their coastline.....it couldn't be any of that.
SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:He watched me bang her, trying to cock-block by howling and being a bitch in every dog-possible way. As soon as we switched to "doggy-style" he shut up immediately
joey64
Headlining Clubs

Post by joey64 »

USA invading Iran would be an insane idea, they are much better prepared to fight than Iraq or Afghanistan were, lots more weapons & much better organized, & they can also cut off their oil supply & cause huge economic problems for the entire world
insouciance - the fine art of not giving a shit, done in a classy way
jaimest.lane

Post by jaimest.lane »

Iran would use their biggest bomb available to hit our guys in Afghanistan. In return US will use a very big bomb(s) to stop the progression. Further, Iran will hit Israel as well and secretly or out in the open Israel will hit back very big too, maybe bigger than us? Israel will not be takled into backing down this tiime...

As far as the strait being closed, that wold be for a very short time half a day? The entire Navy will be destroyed first thing and most communication devices as well. You are also correct they have a better organized military than Iraq and Afghanistan and that works to our favor, we will know who we are fighting this time.
joey64
Headlining Clubs

Post by joey64 »

if USA invades Iran, would we be doing it for our own purposes or because America is controlled by Israel?
insouciance - the fine art of not giving a shit, done in a classy way
jaimest.lane

Post by jaimest.lane »

A little of both.
RATTdrools
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by RATTdrools »

MurrayFiend wrote:
Supersonic wrote:
Utter shit.
Hang those muzzies!
jaimest.lane

Post by jaimest.lane »

Well how long now?
EZrocker
Recording Your Demo

Post by EZrocker »

Constantine wrote: Muslims are now controling the U.K so why not bomb there instead?
Give it time. If the liberal pacifists have their way, the Muslims will soon be controlling the U.S.A also.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

EZrocker wrote:
Constantine wrote: Muslims are now controling the U.K so why not bomb there instead?
Give it time. If the liberal pacifists have their way, the Muslims will soon be controlling the U.S.A also.

It can't be worse than how Israel control us now.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
EZrocker
Recording Your Demo

Post by EZrocker »

AliceManson wrote:
EZrocker wrote:

It can't be worse than how Israel control us now.
Israel is an ally. Israelis do not fly airplanes into our buildings.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

EZrocker wrote: Israel is an ally. Israelis do not fly airplanes into our buildings.

You are a fucking buffoon. Allies always do shit like this right? http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICL ... aelis.html
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

AliceManson wrote:
EZrocker wrote: Israel is an ally. Israelis do not fly airplanes into our buildings.

You are a fucking buffoon. Allies always do shit like this right? http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICL ... aelis.html
He's onto us. Must call Mossad hit squad.
ImageImage
cantstopthemusic
Ya'll Cum?

Post by cantstopthemusic »

AliceManson wrote:

Truther, you're the fucking buffoon.
EZrocker
Recording Your Demo

Post by EZrocker »

AliceManson wrote:

You're an anti-semite idiot.
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

EZrocker wrote:
AliceManson wrote:

You're an anti-semite idiot.

Not anti-semitic at all. I just won't fall into the brainwashing that Israel is this great ally. We always have to be sucked into these middle east wars because Israel want us to, it is our men who suffer and die. Iran is no threat to us nor will they be. Allies don't treat Americans like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jG6kJm- ... ture=share
EZrocker
Recording Your Demo

Post by EZrocker »

AliceManson wrote:

Not anti-semitic at all. I just won't fall into the brainwashing that Israel is this great ally. We always have to be sucked into these middle east wars because Israel want us to, it is our men who suffer and die. Iran is no threat to us nor will they be. Allies don't treat Americans like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jG6kJm- ... ture=share
The truth is that Israel is a very strategic ally. If we didn't have them as an ally in the Middle East we would all be fucked. Not just the USA, but the entire world. Do you really not believe that Iran wants to nuke us?
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

EZrocker wrote: The truth is that Israel is a very strategic ally. If we didn't have them as an ally in the Middle East we would all be fucked. Not just the USA, but the entire world. Do you really not believe that Iran wants to nuke us?

No I don't think Iran wants to nuke us. You shouldn't either unless there is concrete evidence that they will. Remember Iraq and what turned out to be bullshit that they were harboring weapons. We have nukes, Israel have nukes, why shouldn't Iran have nukes to defend themselves? The only reason Iran would have to want to nuke us is the fact that we are in bed with Israel and fund their country.
EZrocker
Recording Your Demo

Post by EZrocker »

AliceManson wrote:
EZrocker wrote: The truth is that Israel is a very strategic ally. If we didn't have them as an ally in the Middle East we would all be fucked. Not just the USA, but the entire world. Do you really not believe that Iran wants to nuke us?

No I don't think Iran wants to nuke us. You shouldn't either unless there is concrete evidence that they will. Remember Iraq and what turned out to be bullshit that they were harboring weapons. We have nukes, Israel have nukes, why shouldn't Iran have nukes to defend themselves? The only reason Iran would have to want to nuke us is the fact that we are in bed with Israel and fund their country.
What kind of proof will it take? When we all go up in a nuclear mushroom cloud? Do you remember the Iranian hostage crisis 30 years ago? To the best of my knowledge, the USA has never taken Iranians hostage. Nor has Israel taken Americans hostage. Do youself a favor, turn off TMZ and read a history book. You may learn something.

Here, you can start with this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_hostage_crisis
AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Post by AliceManson »

EZrocker wrote:
AliceManson wrote:

What kind of proof will it take? When we all go up in a nuclear mushroom cloud? Do you remember the Iranian hostage crisis 30 years ago? To the best of my knowledge, the USA has never taken Iranians hostage. Nor has Israel taken Americans hostage. Do youself a favor, turn off TMZ and read a history book. You may learn something.

Here, you can start with this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_hostage_crisis

You can always find the truth on wikipedia!! :shock: