Food Stamp Rolls Explode By 70%...

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

brotherplanet
Show Me Your Dick

Food Stamp Rolls Explode By 70%...

Post by brotherplanet »

Food Stamp Rolls to Grow Through 2014, CBO Says

The Congressional Budget Office said Thursday that 45 million people in 2011 received Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits, a 70% increase from 2007. It said the number of people receiving the benefits, commonly known as food stamps, would continue growing until 2014.

Spending for the program, not including administrative costs, rose to $72 billion in 2011, up from $30 billion four years earlier. The CBO projected that one in seven U.S. residents received food stamps last year.

In a report, the CBO said roughly two-thirds of jump in spending was tied to an increase in the number of people participating in the program, which provides access to food for the poor, elderly, and disabled. It said another 20% “of the growth in spending can be attributed to temporarily higher benefit amounts enacted in the” 2009 stimulus law.

CBO said the number of people receiving benefits is expected to fall after 2014 because the economy will be improving.

“Nevertheless, the number of people receiving SNAP benefits will remain high by historical standards,” the agency said.

It estimated that 34 million people, or 1 in 10 U.S. residents, would receive SNAP benefits in 2022 “and SNAP expenditures, at about $73 billion, will be among the highest of all non-health-related federal support programs for low-income households.”

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2012/04/ ... /?mod=e2tw
Skate4RnR
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Food Stamp Rolls Explode By 70%...

Post by Skate4RnR »

This is bullshit, in a thriving economy like this those people should starve.

War can make this better, let's do more of that.
ImageImageImage
ChowderheadCheerleader
Headlining Clubs

Post by ChowderheadCheerleader »

In other news, Illegal Immigration has SOARED in the last year.

I wonder if there is a correlation?

EatNails wrote:There is no defense for a male Poison fan.
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

brotherplanet wrote: Food Stamp Rolls Explode By 70%
Food stamp rolls are not "exploding." Food stamp rolls grew only 4.8% this past year. From Oct 2007 to Oct 2010, you had a 52% increase. So the 70% increase is mostly the first 3 years of the recession. The rolls are growing much slower now.

FY 2007 26.4 million
FY 2010 40,301,878 =====52% increase (15.2%/year)

Feb 2011: 44,199,479
Feb 2012: 46,326,352 ======4.8% increase

SUPPLEMENTAL NUTRITION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
http://www.fns.usda.gov/pd/34SNAPmonthly.htm
ChowderheadCheerleader wrote:In other news, Illegal Immigration has SOARED in the last year. I wonder if there is a correlation?
There is an inverse correlation between growth in food stamp program and illegal immigration. Illegal immigration slows when unemployment rises. Food stamp rolls increase when unemployment rises.

From 2007 to 2009, food stamp rolls increased from 25 million to 33.3 million while the illegal population dropped by 1 million. The unemployment rate doubled from 5% in 2007 to 10% by the end of 2009.

Also, illegal immigration did not "soar" last year. In 2011, there were 100,000 less than 2010 based on the 2010 census. If you use the 2000 census for 2010 and the 2010 census for 2011, then you can mislead someone into thinking it soared by a 700k. It actually fell by 100K.

Here is the report:

Estimates of the Unauthorized Immigrant Population Residing in the United States (March 2012, (PDF, 7 pages - 332 KB)
http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/stat ... e_2011.pdf
ChowderheadCheerleader
Headlining Clubs

Post by ChowderheadCheerleader »

ChowderheadCheerleader wrote:In other news, Illegal Immigration has SOARED in the last year. I wonder if there is a correlation?
DEATH ROW JOE wrote:There is an inverse correlation between growth in food stamp program and illegal immigration. Illegal immigration slows when unemployment rises. Food stamp rolls increase when unemployment rises.

From 2007 to 2009, food stamp rolls increased from 25 million to 33.3 million while the illegal population dropped by 1 million. The unemployment rate doubled from 5% in 2007 to 10% by the end of 2009.

Also, illegal immigration did not "soar" last year. In 2011, there were 100,000 less than 2010 based on the 2010 census. If you use the 2000 census for 2010 and the 2010 census for 2011, then you can mislead someone into thinking it soared by a 700k. It actually fell by 100K.

Here is the report:

Estimates of the Unauthorized Immigrant Population Residing in the United States (March 2012, (PDF, 7 pages - 332 KB)

WOW! That was LAUGHABLE! Does ANYONE REALLY BELIEVE that the Census is going to catch the actual "Illegal" numbers?!?!?! WOW!!!

(I have some bridges and some PRIME Florida land I want to sell cheap. Interested?)

All one has to do in my town is go out and look around and see the waves of new illegals that have been showing up in those neighborhoods. Hell, in KC there are BUSES that brings illegals up here to KC from New Mexico and Texas who have made it over the border already! They are dumping BUSLOADS of them off every fucking day and the cops won't do JACK SHIT about it.

The news teams have done coverage about it and yet the problem remains. Also, you know DAMN WELL, that KC is NOT the only city getting these BUS loads everyday either. It's fucking COMMON SENSE.

EatNails wrote:There is no defense for a male Poison fan.
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

ChowderheadCheerleader wrote:
DEATH ROW JOE wrote:There is an inverse correlation between growth in food stamp program and illegal immigration. Illegal immigration slows when unemployment rises. Food stamp rolls increase when unemployment rises.

Here is the report:

WOW! That was LAUGHABLE! Does ANYONE REALLY BELIEVE that the Census is going to catch the actual "Illegal" numbers?!?!?! WOW!!!

(I have some bridges and some PRIME Florida land I want to sell cheap. Interested?)

All one has to do in my town is go out and look around and see the waves of new illegals that have been showing up in those neighborhoods. Hell, in KC there are BUSES that brings illegals up here to KC from New Mexico and Texas who have made it over the border already! They are dumping BUSLOADS of them off every fucking day and the cops won't do JACK SHIT about it.

The news teams have done coverage about it and yet the problem remains. Also, you know DAMN WELL, that KC is NOT the only city getting these BUS loads everyday either. It's fucking COMMON SENSE.
Did you check them all for green cards? Understand I'm not necessarily saying that the word of some assclown on a hair metal website is in any way less credible than the certified results of an official US census. Just sayin'
ImageImage
HerveVillechaizeLounge
Doing 10 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by HerveVillechaizeLounge »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:
brotherplanet wrote: Food Stamp Rolls Explode By 70%
Food stamp rolls are not "exploding." Food stamp rolls grew only 4.8% this past year. From Oct 2007 to Oct 2010, you had a 52% increase. So the 70% increase is mostly the first 3 years of the recession. The rolls are growing much slower now.

FY 2007 26.4 million
FY 2010 40,301,878 =====52% increase (15.2%/year)

Feb 2011: 44,199,479
Feb 2012: 46,326,352 ======4.8% increase

SUPPLEMENTAL NUTRITION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
http://www.fns.usda.gov/pd/34SNAPmonthly.htm
There is an inverse correlation between growth in food stamp program and illegal immigration. Illegal immigration slows when unemployment rises. Food stamp rolls increase when unemployment rises.

Here is the report:

Stoner wrote:When in doubt, give 'em AIDS.