What Has Obama Done That Has Made Conservatives So Angry?

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

NeilC
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Re: What Has Obama Done That Has Made Conservatives So Angry

Post by NeilC »

As a Registered Independent, I would like two throw my two cents in the ring. I know people who are both Liberal and Conservative and I read and watch everything( ABC, NBC, Fox, CNN, etc.)

With some exceptions I have found that Liberals usually don't have any facts when backing up their case/claims. BUT they are great at avoiding questions and great at name-calling and not using facts or common sense in any of their arguments.

Republicans tend to actually not name-call BUT use facts and reasons why. And no, they are not any more racist than anyone else. Because if like many Liberals say they hate or didn't vote for Obama because he is Black, well, then using that logic, then they would have to hate themselves because he is also half-white!

Then there are people like me in the middle who do believe that change is needed but it should be a good change and not the kind that lets the government have more power, and more money as they seem to keep growing.
DEATH ROW JOE
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

NeilC wrote:As a Registered Independent, I would like two throw my two cents in the ring. I know people who are both Liberal and Conservative and I read and watch everything( ABC, NBC, Fox, CNN, etc.)

With some exceptions I have found that Liberals usually don't have any facts when backing up their case/claims. BUT they are great at avoiding questions and great at name-calling and not using facts or common sense in any of their arguments.

Republicans tend to actually not name-call BUT use facts and reasons why. And no, they are not any more racist than anyone else. Because if like many Liberals say they hate or didn't vote for Obama because he is Black, well, then using that logic, then they would have to hate themselves because he is also half-white!

You should register as an imbecile.

Republicans do not "name call?" Page 1 of this thread gives a dozen examples of Republicans name calling. Allen West recently called every member of the progressive caucus a Communist.

Republicans use facts but liberals do not? Hahahahahahahaha

Apparently you do not realize there are fact checking sites on the net. Politifact keeps track of lies told by politicians. The biggest liars by far are Republicans.

When the lies are so outrageous politifact gives them a "pants on fire" rating.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... ants-fire/

The first two pages are entirely Republican except for a statement by Obama and one by Harry Reid. Go onto page 3 etc and you get more Republicans.

Jon Stewart had a funny segment where he responded to a comment similar to the one you made regarding Republicans and facts. He listed a dozen lies told by Fox News commentators. Politifact verified that these statements were all lies. The lies of the year were "death panels" and "govt takeover of healthcare", still common GOP talking points.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... d-edition/

Glenn Beck: Less than 10 percent of Obama's Cabinet appointees "have any experience in the private sector." — False (December 2, 2009)

Steve Doocy: White House Political Director Patrick Gaspard once served as the "right-hand man" for Bertha Lewis, who heads up ACORN. — False (September 30, 2009)

Gretchen Carlson: Says the Texas State Board of Education is considering eliminating references to Christmas and the Constitution in textbooks. — Pants on Fire! (March 12, 2010)

PolitiFact's Lie of the Year: 'A government takeover of health care' (December 16, 2010)

Glenn Beck: The Muslim Brotherhood has "openly stated they want to declare war on Israel." — False (February 15, 2011)

Karl Rove: "American troops have never been under the formal control of another nation." — False (March 29, 2011)

Brian Kilmeade: Says Gov. Rick Scott's approval ratings are up. — False (April 15, 2011)

Laura Ingraham: The Massachusetts health care plan is "wildly unpopular" among state residents. — False (May 16, 2011)

Sarah Palin: "Look at the debt that has been accumulated in the last two years. It's more debt under this president than all those other presidents combined." — False (June 1, 2011)

PolitiFact's Lie of the Year: 'Death panels' (December 18, 2009)

Kimberly Guilfoyle: If you log into the government's Cash for Clunkers Web site (cars.gov) from your home computer, the government can "seize all of your personal and private" information, and track your computer activity. — False (August 3, 2009)

Sarah Palin: "We're going to be looking at $8 billion a day that we're going to be pouring into foreign countries in order to import that make-up fuel that we're going to need to take the place of what we could have gotten out of the gulf." — Pants on Fire! (June 3, 2011)

Sarah Palin: "Democrats are poised now to cause this largest tax increase in U.S. history." — Pants on Fire! (August 4, 2010)

Bill O'Reilly: "Attorney General Eric Holder is involved in the dismissal of the criminal charges" against the New Black Panther Party for voter intimidation — False (July 23, 2010)

Sarah Palin: "Barack Obama had 150 days in the U.S. Senate where he was able to vote quite often 'present.' " — False (February 8, 2010)

Glenn Beck: John Holdren, director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, "has proposed forcing abortions and putting sterilants in the drinking water to control population." — Pants on Fire! (July 29, 2009)

Glenn Beck: Labor union president Andy Stern is "the most frequent visitor" at the White House. — False (December 7, 2009)

Glenn Beck: "Why do we have automatic citizenship upon birth? We're the only country in the world that has it." — False (June 19, 2009)

Bill O'Reilly: Says he didn't call Dr. George Tiller a baby killer, as liberal groups charge, but was merely reporting what "some prolifers branded him." — False (June 5, 2009)

Bill O'Reilly: When White House communications director Anita Dunn said that Mao Tse-tung was "one of her favorite philosophers, only Fox News picked that up." — False (October 27, 2009)

Bill O'Reilly: "We researched to find out if anybody on Fox News had ever said you're going to jail if you don't buy health insurance. Nobody's ever said it." — Pants on Fire! (April 27, 2010)

DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

I remember the good old days when Republicans were proud to be Republicans and didn't have to pretend to be Independents out of shame.
ImageImage
SmokingGun
Headlining Clubs

Post by SmokingGun »

Skate4RnR wrote:We had a bunch of goddamn Texas oil gangsters in the house and we didn't like that. Now we got a pussified brother who won't nut up and we don't like that.

The shitstains that claim he's spending too much and putting us in deep debt are the ones that need to STFU.
Obama is spending too much and putting us in deep debt.

Or is $15 trillion not deep debt?
brotherplanet
Show Me Your Dick

Post by brotherplanet »

SmokingGun wrote:
Skate4RnR wrote:We had a bunch of goddamn Texas oil gangsters in the house and we didn't like that. Now we got a pussified brother who won't nut up and we don't like that.

The shitstains that claim he's spending too much and putting us in deep debt are the ones that need to STFU.

Apparently when it comes to Obama, it's...

brotherplanet
Show Me Your Dick

Post by brotherplanet »

NeilC wrote:As a Registered Independent, I would like two throw my two cents in the ring. I know people who are both Liberal and Conservative and I read and watch everything( ABC, NBC, Fox, CNN, etc.)

Then there are people like me in the middle who do believe that change is needed but it should be a good change and not the kind that lets the government have more power, and more money as they seem to keep growing.

BRAVO!!!!
STONEBREED
"May The Horsebeef With You!"

Post by STONEBREED »

FUCKER made me late for work this morning, because he was in town and they shut the whole southbound lane of the 405 down for him and his motorcade! Im stuck in traffic while him and and his crew gets the WHOLE Fucking Highway!
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

brotherplanet wrote:
NeilC wrote:Republicans tend to actually not name-call BUT use facts and reasons why.

BRAVO!!!!
Bravo?? Holy shit... :lol:
STONEBREED wrote:FUCKER made me late for work this morning, because he was in town and they shut the whole southbound lane of the 405 down for him and his motorcade! Im stuck in traffic while him and and his crew gets the WHOLE Fucking Highway!
Sucks when all those dirty dishes are all piled up waiting on you huh Stonedbert..
gtrjay

Post by gtrjay »

SmokingGun wrote:

Saying he spent too much, when the reality is Bush ran up two wars on credit and handed brother barry the credit card bill and said 'explain this to the american tax payer and they will blame it on the new black guy'
I’m completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. These two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin - Modern Philosopher
gtrjay

Post by gtrjay »

STONEBREED wrote:FUCKER made me late for work this morning, because he was in town and they shut the whole southbound lane of the 405 down for him and his motorcade! Im stuck in traffic while him and and his crew gets the WHOLE Fucking Highway!

I didn't know he was giving a speech at Home Depot!

Sorry couldn't resist, you set yourself up for that bud! :)
I’m completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. These two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin - Modern Philosopher
brotherplanet
Show Me Your Dick

Post by brotherplanet »

gtrjay wrote:
SmokingGun wrote:

Saying he spent too much, when the reality is Bush ran up two wars on credit and handed brother barry the credit card bill and said 'explain this to the american tax payer and they will blame it on the new black guy'
No one is saying Bush wasn't a fucking complete jerkoff, but if Bush filled up the tub so we would all drown, Obama unplugged it so we would all be flushed down the drain.

So they didn't blame it on the new guy, but the new black guy? I love how people who support Obama keep bringing up the fact that he's black, while those of us who criticize him don't see it as an issue. Too fucking funny!
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

SmokingGun wrote:

OK let's play the conservatives favorite political game..."HOW MUCH DEBT IS TOO MUCH DEBT?"

To begin you must look at spending of previous administrations and tell us how much debt is too much debt because I'm going to assume that you were completely okay with any and all previous spending. If you're weren't just let me know.

When Reagan was in office we were BILLIONS in debt but a dollar doesn't quite go as far as it used to so now it is how much? TRILLIONS. Just because the word sounds bigger doesn't mean we're giving our country away in my opinion but it's perception. Fine, we're spending too much in your opinion but tell me how much is too much spending and how is cutting spending (Republican war on education: cutting teaching jobs etc.) the better route?

I guess my question is what is Mitt bringing to the table? We only have two choices.
ImageImageImage
KneelandBobDylan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by KneelandBobDylan »

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-debt-lo ... 45522.html
Everyone knows America has too much debt. What they don’t know is that things are getting better, not worse.

Little by little, our economy is reducing its debt burden, slowly repairing the damage caused by 10, 20 or 30 years of excess.

If you want to know why economic growth has been so tepid, here’s your answer. Four years after the storm hit, the economy is still deleveraging. And it’s very hard for any economy to grow when everyone is focused on increasing their savings.
Total domestic — public and private — debt as a share of the economy has declined for 12 quarters in a row after surging over the previous decade.
The rapid rise in federal debt over the past four years has distracted us from the big picture. The level of public debt is indeed worrisome, but it’s not as big a worry as the economy’s total level of debt — public and private.

Although we have a whole cottage industry devoted to warning us about the dangers of too much public debt, we don’t have any comparable Cassandras telling us about the dangers of too much private debt. Yet the history of the past 30 years (or 300) clearly shows that too much debt, of whatever variety, can pose a systemic risk to the national and global economies.

As much as we hear politicians, pundits, tea-party patriots and the Congressional Budget Office obsessing about government debt, it was excessive private debt — not public debt — that caused the 2008 financial meltdown. And it was private debt — some of it since transferred to the public — that lies behind the current European debt crisis. (Greece is unique in having a public sector that ran up spending while its private sector is rather conservative.)

Read the rest through the link.
tylamonroe
Weak Sauce

Post by tylamonroe »

KneelandBobDylan wrote:http://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-debt-lo ... 45522.html
Everyone knows America has too much debt. What they don’t know is that things are getting better, not worse.

Little by little, our economy is reducing its debt burden, slowly repairing the damage caused by 10, 20 or 30 years of excess.

If you want to know why economic growth has been so tepid, here’s your answer. Four years after the storm hit, the economy is still deleveraging. And it’s very hard for any economy to grow when everyone is focused on increasing their savings.
Total domestic — public and private — debt as a share of the economy has declined for 12 quarters in a row after surging over the previous decade.
The rapid rise in federal debt over the past four years has distracted us from the big picture. The level of public debt is indeed worrisome, but it’s not as big a worry as the economy’s total level of debt — public and private.

Although we have a whole cottage industry devoted to warning us about the dangers of too much public debt, we don’t have any comparable Cassandras telling us about the dangers of too much private debt. Yet the history of the past 30 years (or 300) clearly shows that too much debt, of whatever variety, can pose a systemic risk to the national and global economies.

As much as we hear politicians, pundits, tea-party patriots and the Congressional Budget Office obsessing about government debt, it was excessive private debt — not public debt — that caused the 2008 financial meltdown. And it was private debt — some of it since transferred to the public — that lies behind the current European debt crisis. (Greece is unique in having a public sector that ran up spending while its private sector is rather conservative.)

Read the rest through the link.
I rarely agree with anything political you post, but that article makes an excellent point. There are plenty of reasons Obama doesn't get a second term. The fact he couldn't reverse 30 years of bad decisions by the American people is not one of them. But rest assured in liberals mind (Obama included) it is, was and will continue to be Bush's fault the the shit hit the fan in 08 despite the fact he had Pelosi and Reid on the titanic deck with him.