Question for Pro Choice people

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

UncleMilton
Taking Music Lessons

Question for Pro Choice people

Post by UncleMilton »

As a pro-life person...have a question to ask pro choice people

What are your arguments for being pro-choice (not talking about rape, incest, or mother's life being in danger)

Usually I hear that it is a woman's choice and her body and she shouldn't have the gov't telling her what to do with it....all their arguments seem to go along these lines
And NONE of them think they are MURDERING....

So....as a Pro-Choice person..When technology gets to the point that an embryo/fetus can be taken to term in a test tube/etc

For instance...you would go into clinic to have the fetus/baby removed....and then it would be placed into a tube to grow to term. Thus surviviing (making pro-life people happy)

And making pro-choice people happy as it is no longer in her body.

I can't think of an argument that a pro-choice person could make to NOT allow this....because to argue against this...you are then saying that the fetus is a living thing....thus arguing against your main point.

My point is that technology will make the abortion argument no longer an issue.

thoughts?
brotherplanet
Show Me Your Dick

Re: Question for Pro Choice people

Post by brotherplanet »

I don't think either side understands one another on purpose.

Pro-Choice people think Pro-Life people want to control women's bodies when they really just think it's murder.

Pro-Life people think Pro-Choice people don't care about murder when in reality they don't think it's Murder (though from your post you personally don't make this mistake).

I'm only against third-trimester abortions because at that point...

1. The fetus has a good chance of surviving outside of the womb with or without medical assistance (depends on the development of the lungs).

2. The nerves are fully functional and it can feel itself being killed.

You're right though, if technology gets to the point you mentioned it will become a kinda non-issue except...

... Who supports the baby?
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

pro choice = family planning = fewer unloved children = better planet

Humans are inherently lustful.
Children should not be a consequence of our unbridled lust.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
tylamonroe
Weak Sauce

Post by tylamonroe »

Wheresthestagemanager? wrote:pro choice = family planning = fewer unloved children = better planet

Agreed. We should also kill all the poor children or just neuter anyone making less than 35k per year. Those people can't raise productive members of society.
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

tylamonroe wrote:
Wheresthestagemanager? wrote:pro choice = family planning = fewer unloved children = better planet

Agreed. We should also kill all the poor children or just neuter anyone making less than 35k per year. Those people can't raise productive members of society.
So you're a pro choice Republican, eh?

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Constantine
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Constantine »

Obama masturbates while looking at movies of featus being dismembered and having their brains vaccumed out of their heads.
SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:He watched me bang her, trying to cock-block by howling and being a bitch in every dog-possible way. As soon as we switched to "doggy-style" he shut up immediately
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Constantine wrote: Obama masturbates while looking at movies of featus being dismembered and having their brains vaccumed out of their heads.
Everybody does. :roll:
ImageImage
Stoner
Queen Bee

Post by Stoner »

Go visit a Romanian orphanage.

Granted, it's not as bad as it was in the 90's, but it's still pretty fucking harrowing.
Danzig in the Dark

Republicans are not pro-life, they are pro-birth. After that, the child can go fuck itself.
ImageImage
brotherplanet
Show Me Your Dick

Post by brotherplanet »

Danzig in the Dark wrote:Republicans are not pro-life, they are pro-birth. After that, the child can go fuck itself.
Well yes, but that proves they're pro-life, because only those with life can go fuck themselves. The dead just kind of lay there.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

I'm not pro-choice. I'm pro abortion. Abortions rule.
Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

Crazy Levi wrote:I'm not pro-choice. I'm pro abortion. Abortions rule.
I agree. I do not agree with the Republican party on this one.
If the babies parents are both democrats, of course the baby should be aborted.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

Danzig in the Dark wrote:Republicans are not pro-life, they are pro-birth. After that, the child can go fuck itself.
"Conservatives want live babies to raise them to be dead soldiers."-George Carlin

Obviously since he's a comedian there's no fuckin' truth to it.
ImageImageImage
MotleyMaiden
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MotleyMaiden »

So if you are "pro-life" I assume this means you are also against war and the death penalty in all situations, correct.
http://avatars.jurko.net/
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Love dogs. Hate Trump supporters
tylamonroe
Weak Sauce

Post by tylamonroe »

MotleyMaiden wrote:So if you are "pro-life" I assume this means you are also against war and the death penalty in all situations, correct.
Sure. I don't think I could get behind sending an innocent fetus to Iraq or the gas chamber. Ask me again on Thursday though. I fucking hate Thursdays and might have a different answer for you.

Seriously though, Do you think there is a little bit of a difference there?

It's called choice. It's called taking responsibility for your actions and choices in your life.

An American has a choice to join the military, or not. A citizen has a choice to play by the rules, or at least the ones that involve the death penalty. We have the choice to use pills, condoms, morning after pills, etc. The unborn? Not alot of choice from them when the scraper comes.

How about that? I AM pro choice.
tylamonroe
Weak Sauce

Post by tylamonroe »

Skate4RnR wrote:
"Conservatives want live babies to raise them to be dead soldiers."-George Carlin

Thanks for opening my eyes with that wise quote.

Can you imagine a world where a child was born and chose an honorable career defending his or her country and all of us. Jesus, I never thought of that horror.

I'm sending a benny to Planned Parenthood right now! They need to get out there and promote the fuck out of abortions right away. Its clearly the right thing to do. Ya know, since you can judge the society by how it treats it's weakest members.
MotleyMaiden

Post by MotleyMaiden »

tylamonroe wrote:
MotleyMaiden wrote:So if you are "pro-life" I assume this means you are also against war and the death penalty in all situations, correct.
Sure. I don't think I could get behind sending an innocent fetus to Iraq or the gas chamber. Ask me again on Thursday though. I fucking hate Thursdays and might have a different answer for you.

Seriously though, Do you think there is a little bit of a difference there?

It's called choice. It's called taking responsibility for your actions and choices in your life.

An American has a choice to join the military, or not. A citizen has a choice to play by the rules, or at least the ones that involve the death penalty. We have the choice to use pills, condoms, morning after pills, etc. The unborn? Not alot of choice from them when the scraper comes.

How about that? I AM pro choice.

If you are pro choice then I am not asking you. I am asking the OP who is pro life.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

tylamonroe
Weak Sauce

Post by tylamonroe »

Holy shit.
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

UncleMilton wrote: What are your arguments for being pro-choice
The argument for being pro choice is the 14th Amendment limits govt's ability to regulate family planning. It's simply a belief in limited government and respect for the Constitution.
UncleMilton wrote: can't think of an argument that a pro-choice person could make to NOT allow this...
Not allow it or require it as an alternative to abortion? The argument for not requiring it as an alternative to abortion is the 14th limits govt's ability to regulate family planning. Technology doesn't overturn Roe v Wade.
UncleMilton
Taking Music Lessons

Post by UncleMilton »

Liberal = Killing innocent baby OK. Killing a murderer NOT OKAY.
See how much sense it makes to be a liberal:)
MotleyMaiden

Post by MotleyMaiden »

tylamonroe wrote:Holy shit.

My point is that if you are pro choice than you are not arguing that you believe all life is sacred and killing is wrong and then turn around and calling for people to be put to death or glorifying sending men and women off to die and/or kill other human beings.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

MotleyMaiden

Post by MotleyMaiden »

UncleMilton wrote:

I never said that made sense either. It doesn't.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

KneelandBobDylan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by KneelandBobDylan »

UncleMilton wrote:
Conservative = Pro-life = Killing a cytoplast, not okay. Killing anyone else, as long as it's "justified," ok.

See how much sense it makes being a conservative.
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

UncleMilton wrote: Liberal = Killing innocent baby OK. Killing a murderer NOT OKAY.
Pro-choice does not mean abortion is "OK." It means the 14th limits govt's power to regulate family planning. Someone who is opposed to the death penalty believes the 8th amendment limits govt's power to take a life. So the positions are perfectly consistent.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

tylamonroe wrote:
Skate4RnR wrote:

Can you imagine a world where a child was born and chose an honorable career defending his or her country and all of us. Jesus, I never thought of that horror.

I'm sending a benny to Planned Parenthood right now! They need to get out there and promote the fuck out of abortions right away. Its clearly the right thing to do. Ya know, since you can judge the society by how it treats it's weakest members.
Do whatever you want to do, abortion is legal so I don't care.
ImageImageImage
johnk5150

Post by johnk5150 »

UncleMilton wrote:As a pro-life person...have a question to ask pro choice people

What are your arguments for being pro-choice (not talking about rape, incest, or mother's life being in danger)
I don't have an argument. I think abortion a fucking tragedy. And I'm still pro choice.
He's like the Liberace of bass & pot.

$tevil
FullMetalWhackit
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by FullMetalWhackit »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:The argument for being pro choice is simply a belief in limited government and respect for the Constitution.
Death Row Joe. A limited government kind of guy. 8)

violetbleu
Sister Honky Tonk

Post by violetbleu »

Stoner wrote:Go visit a Romanian orphanage.

Granted, it's not as bad as it was in the 90's, but it's still pretty fucking harrowing.
I have a Romanian friend whose mother died from a botched illegal abortion. She died when my friend was around five, and to hear her talk about it is the saddest thing. She's in her early thirties now and she sounds like such a lost child when she speaks of losing her mom.
Skate4RnR

Post by Skate4RnR »

violetbleu wrote:
Stoner wrote:Go visit a Romanian orphanage.

I have a Romanian friend whose mother died from a botched illegal abortion. She died when my friend was around five, and to hear her talk about it is the saddest thing. She's in her early thirties now and she sounds like such a lost child when she speaks of losing her mom.
THANK GAWD SHE DIDNT HAVE ACKCESS TO A SAFE ONE PRAISE KANG JAYSUS!
ImageImageImage
Danzig in the Dark

tylamonroe wrote:
Skate4RnR wrote:

Keep this in mind the next time you're bitching about your tax dollars supporting some welfare queen's brood.
ImageImage