What is Romney's economic plan?

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Supersonic
Showcasing for A&R Reps

What is Romney's economic plan?

Post by Supersonic »

Has Romney actually stated his proposed economic plan yet? I assumed this was supposed to be the key battleground.
Crazy Levi
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: What is Romney's economic plan?

Post by Crazy Levi »

Supersonic wrote:Has Romney actually stated his proposed economic plan yet? I assumed this was supposed to be the key battleground.
Nope. They are gonna cut tons of money from the budget, but refuse to say where from. Because "the devil is in the details and the angel is in the policy," which I'm sorry to tell is not a joke but Mitt's actual explanation.

And, they are gonna slash taxes for the rich, cause that's ALL Republicans do any more. Middle class taxes are going to rise to pay for that by the way.

Sounds like a great plan, no?
MotleyMaiden
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MotleyMaiden »

Don't forget, he wants to INCREASE defense spending. Because we certainly don't spend enough on that already.
http://avatars.jurko.net/
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Love dogs. Hate Trump supporters
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Crazy Levi wrote:
Supersonic wrote:Has Romney actually stated his proposed economic plan yet? I assumed this was supposed to be the key battleground.
Nope. They are gonna cut tons of money from the budget, but refuse to say where from. Because "the devil is in the details and the angel is in the policy," which I'm sorry to tell is not a joke but Mitt's actual explanation.

And, they are gonna slash taxes for the rich, cause that's ALL Republicans do any more. Middle class taxes are going to rise to pay for that by the way.

Sounds like a great plan, no?
Romney did say those words on 60 minutes last Sunday.
I laughed so hard when he said that because I'm undecided if he was trying to be serious or inject a little humor into the interview.
Either way, he just proved how much of a moron he is & can be.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

MotleyMaiden wrote:Don't forget, he wants to INCREASE defense spending. Because we certainly don't spend enough on that already.
Those wars with Russia and Iran ain't gonna pay for themselves.
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

He has the same exact 5 point plan as Bush in 04 and McCain in 08, he just listed them in a different order.

Bush's 5 point plan from the 2004 convention:
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/vote2004/re ... /bush.html

To create more jobs in America, America must be the best place in the world to do business.

[5] To create jobs, my plan will encourage investment and expansion by restraining federal spending, reducing regulation and making the tax relief permanent.

[1] To create jobs, we will make our country less dependent on foreign sources of energy.

[3] To create jobs, we will expand trade and level the playing field to sell American goods and services across the globe.

[5] And we must protect small-business owners and workers from the explosion of frivolous lawsuits that threaten jobs across our country. Another drag on our economy is the current tax code, which is a complicated mess...

[4] To be fair, there are some things my opponent is for. He's proposed more than $2 trillion in new federal spending so far, and that's a lot, even for a senator from Massachusetts.

McCain's 5 point plan from the 2008 convention:
http://elections.nytimes.com/2008/presi ... PEECH.html

I know some of you have been left behind in the changing economy, and it often sees that your government hasn't even noticed... That's going to change on my watch...

[3] I will open new markets to our goods and services. My opponent will close them...

[4] I will cut government spending. He will increase it...

[5] We all know that keeping taxes low helps small businesses grow and create new jobs...

[4] Reducing government spending and getting rid of failed programs will let you keep more of your own money to save, spend, and invest as you see fit...

[2] Education -- education is the civil rights issue of this century. Equal access to public education has been gained, but what is the value of access to a failing school? We need to shake up failed school bureaucracies with competition, empower parents with choice...

[1] We'll attack -- we'll attack the problem on every front. We'll produce more energy at home.. Senator Obama thinks we can achieve energy independence without more drilling and without more nuclear power. But Americans know better than that.

Romney's 5 point plan:
http://www.npr.org/2012/08/30/160357612 ... nce-speech
And unlike the president, I have a plan to create 12 million new jobs. It has 5 steps.

[1] First, by 2020, North America will be energy independent by taking full advantage of our oil and coal and gas and nuclear and renewables.

[2] Second, we will give our fellow citizens the skills they need for the jobs of today and the careers of tomorrow. When it comes to the school your child will attend, every parent should have a choice, and every child should have a chance.

[3] Third, we will make trade work for America by forging new trade agreements. And when nations cheat in trade, there will be unmistakable consequences.

[4] Fourth, to assure every entrepreneur and every job creator that their investments in America will not vanish as have those in Greece, we will cut the deficit and put America on track to a balanced budget.

[5] And fifth, we will champion SMALL businesses, America’s engine of job growth. That means reducing taxes on business, not raising them. It means simplifying and modernizing the regulations that hurt small business the most. And it means that we must rein in the skyrocketing cost of healthcare by repealing and replacing Obamacare.

======================
analysis of Romney's plan:

Five Points To Nowhere
http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/0 ... more-32386
Point by point:

1. This describes what Romney wants to see happen, not what he’d do to make it happen. But to the extent it means anything, it means scrapping environmental protection so that we can drill, baby, drill. Why doesn’t he say that? Because voters care about the environment.

2. Again, what does this mean? If it means anything, it means school vouchers — which are unpopular.

3. Trade agreements per se aren’t big job creators — they increase exports, but they also increase imports. And while a confrontation with China is the implicit subtext of the second part, Romney is apparently unwilling to get explicit.

4. Romney’s claim that he will reduce the deficit rests on the assertion that he will offset huge tax cuts by closing loopholes — but he refuses to name a single example, because tax breaks are popular. Also, Medicaid — his biggest single spending target — turns out to have substantial public support, too.

5. Tax cuts for small businesses actually means tax cuts for rich people; there’s a small subset of rich people who own small businesses. But Romney has to cloak the real policy in mom-and-pop rhetoric.
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Romney is just the worst. He's the Mike Love of politics
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Crazy Levi wrote:Romney is just the worst. He's the Mike Love of politics
What did Mike Love do to you?
ImageImage
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:Romney's 5 point plan:

"I'm just here for the irony and the dancing."
brotherplanet
Show Me Your Dick

Post by brotherplanet »

I think he proposed to let us in on the details sometime in December, but only if he wins. So you better vote for him, people, or we'll never know the secret plan!!!

The suspense is killing me!
Supersonic
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by Supersonic »

You would think that the economy would be his ace card considering he is essentially running as 'the expert' in this field.

I read that he is running out of his own campaign money. Poor financial mangement there. Hmmm.
Constantine
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Constantine »

I think that you need to worry more about Mitt Romney becoming the next POTUS. Read! Read! Research! This is a dangerous man!

As a former third generation Mormon for about 50 years of my life, you
should be very, very afraid. All those years I was told frequently that
the Rapture, Armageddon, whatever you name it will happen ONLY when
there are many, many wars and rumors of wars in the Middle East. Those
Mormons are jonesing for Armageddon so they can go to Kolob and be Gods
themselves for being good Mormons. THEY are the only ones who will go to
heaven and sit at God's side - you and me - well, you, I'll be wiped
out for leaving the church - will be in a 'lesser heaven' where you
won't have your family and probably won't know anybody. Those who don't
believe in Christ at all or were thieves and bad people will be in a
third heaven completely alone. Some idea of Heaven, hey? Where yes,
Mormon men will have many, many wives because "Women are more righteous than men so there will be more of them on Kolob". Convenient that, don't you think? " --- Elisha-A Former Mormon, Huff Post.
SebastianLeeDanzig wrote:He watched me bang her, trying to cock-block by howling and being a bitch in every dog-possible way. As soon as we switched to "doggy-style" he shut up immediately