Syria Prepping Chemical Weapons For Attack

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

FullMetalWhackit
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Syria Prepping Chemical Weapons For Attack

Post by FullMetalWhackit »

This doesn't sound like it will end well:

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/12 ... weapons-3/

"Engineers working for the Assad regime in Syria have begun combining the two chemical precursors needed to weaponize sarin gas, an American official with knowledge of the situation tells Danger Room. International observers are now more worried than they’ve even been that the Damascus government could use its nerve agent stockpile to slaughter its own people.

The U.S. doesn’t know why the Syrian military made the move, which began in the middle of last week and is taking place in central Syria. Nor are they sure why the Assad government is transferring some weapons to different locations within the country, as the New York Times reported on Monday.

All that’s certain is that the arms have now been prepped to be used, should Assad order it

Physically, they’ve gotten to the point where the can load it up on a plane and drop it,” the official adds..."

FullMetalWhackit

Re: Syria Prepping Chemical Weapons For Attack

Post by FullMetalWhackit »

Reports out tonight saying that Syrian army chemical units are moving out of Damascus headed north towards Aleppo.

SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

Shagg, is this another one of your passive-aggressive threads advocating US military intervention?
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
RATTdrools
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by RATTdrools »

If we intervene I'm sure it will be a U.N. coalition with many nations involved.

Let the French do it! :lol:
Civil_war
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Civil_war »

I guarantee that the U.N will step in if Syria uses chemical weapons. That is not something anyone, from any civilized country, wants to deal with. However, I do find it quite ironic that Syria is not allowed to use them, but for the last century Western countries have constantly used them when they are trying to occupy and defeat a country. In any event I hope Syria does not end up using them, because there is no way that it can end well. The last thing any of us need is another war in the Middle East, especially one that involves the U.S. However, it could be the kick in the ass that the U.S economy needs regardless of how much money it may cost to wage another war.
KneelandBobDylan

Post by KneelandBobDylan »

Civil_war wrote:I guarantee that the U.N will step in if Syria uses chemical weapons. That is not something anyone, from any civilized country, wants to deal with. However, I do find it quite ironic that Syria is not allowed to use them, but for the last century Western countries have constantly used them when they are trying to occupy and defeat a country. In any event I hope Syria does not end up using them, because there is no way that it can end well. The last thing any of us need is another war in the Middle East, especially one that involves the U.S. However, it could be the kick in the ass that the U.S economy needs regardless of how much money it may cost to wage another war.

Yeah, more war, it worked so well for the economy last time.
Nemesis
Headlining Clubs

Post by Nemesis »

They've also said they would use it on any foreign troops that decided to intervene.
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Civil_war wrote:I guarantee that the U.N will step in if Syria uses chemical weapons. That is not something anyone, from any civilized country, wants to deal with. However, I do find it quite ironic that Syria is not allowed to use them, but for the last century Western countries have constantly used them when they are trying to occupy and defeat a country. In any event I hope Syria does not end up using them, because there is no way that it can end well. The last thing any of us need is another war in the Middle East, especially one that involves the U.S. However, it could be the kick in the ass that the U.S economy needs regardless of how much money it may cost to wage another war.
I don't need you, Civil_war.
ImageImage
RATTdrools
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by RATTdrools »

The Allies have FAR superior air power and just like how that destroyed Saddam it can destroy Bashar. The question is will he kill off many of his own people with him?
Civil_war
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Civil_war »

KneelandBobDylan wrote:

Yeah, more war, it worked so well for the economy last time.
Initially, it did.