Ron Paul: Manhunt for bombing suspect scarier than attack

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Ron Paul: Manhunt for bombing suspect scarier than attack

Post by Turner Coates »

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... ombing-su/

Former Rep. Ron Paul said the law enforcement that swarmed around Boston in the days following the marathon bombings was scarier than the actual terrorist attack.

“The Boston bombing provided the opportunity for the government to turn what should have been a police investigation into a military-style occupation of an American city,” he said on the Lew Rockwell website, Politico reported. “This unprecedented move should frighten us as much or more than the attack itself.”

The terror attacks on April 15 in Boston killed three and injured 264.

Mr. Paul, a former libertarian political candidate who served in Congress as a member of the Republican Party, said the door-to-door searches police conducted in Watertown for the bombing suspects were particularly alarming.

They reminded of a “military coup in a far off banana republic,” he said, Politico reported. “Force lockdown of a city. Militarized police riding tanks in the streets. Door-to-door armed searches without warrant. Families thrown out of their homes at gunpoint to be searched without probable cause. Businesses forced to close. Transport shut down.”

Mr. Paul reminded the surviving suspect, 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, was ultimately discovered by a civilian, and not due to police crackdown, Politico reported.

“He was discovered by a private citizen, who then placed a call to the police,” he said. “And he was identified not by government surveillance cameras, but by private citizens who willingly shared their photographs with the police.”

"I'm just here for the irony and the dancing."
DEATH ROW JOE
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Ron Paul: Manhunt for bombing suspect scarier than attac

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

How low can this racist fuck go? Talk about exploiting a tragedy. What happened to his love for state and local govt? LMFAO @ military coup. Talk about hysterical exaggeration.

Law enforcement agents were in "hot pursuit" so warrants were not required to enter premises. We can add criminal procedure to the long list of topics about which Ron Paul is completely ignorant yet willing to present himself as some kind of an expert.

Hot pursuit - In law enforcement and law, hot pursuit (also known as fresh or immediate pursuit) refers the urgent and direct pursuit of a criminal suspect by law enforcement officers. Particularly under common law, such a situation grants the officers powers they otherwise would not have.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_pursuit
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

Was Ronbo in Watertown, Mass at that time? Doubtful...

Were people forced out and their houses subject to warrantless searches without their permission? No.
The lock down was not forced, it was requested and had no legal force.

I believe if you asked most of the residents of Watertown, they'd probably tell you they supported the police presence after the bombings, not because they weakly handed over their freedoms, but because they seen the carnage these assholes caused and wanted them captured.. I'm pretty sure the cheers of those of the city after the suspect was captured says something..

Countdown to a wonky eyed idiot praising Paul's stupidity..
:roll:
bonedog
Headlining Clubs

Post by bonedog »

He's got a valid point. Not saying that I 100 percent agree with him, but he does have a point. The powers that be turned Boston into a police state. It was akin to martial law. Unfortunately, the kid was right under the cops' noses, and they still couldn't find him. It took a civilian to do that. I understand the urgency of the situation, but I think it could have been handled a lot better without inconveniencing so many private, taxpaying citizens. I wonder what the loss of productivity cost the local economy since nobody was able to go to work.
Last edited by bonedog on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hollywood's Burning wrote:A Kisstard is someone who, despite being a grown-up (in age), actually gets upset/angry about who is pretending to be a kittycat and who is pretending to be a spaceman.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Luminiferous wrote: Countdown to a wonky eyed idiot praising Paul's stupidity. :roll:

DEATH ROW JOE
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

:lol:
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Moggio wrote:ANYONE with a brain and happens to be paying attention should know that Ron Paul was CORRECT, you fucking idiots...: