Cheney: Snowden Is A 'Traitor' And Possibly A Chinese Spy

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Cheney: Snowden Is A 'Traitor' And Possibly A Chinese Spy

Post by Turner Coates »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/1 ... d=webmail1

WASHINGTON -- Former Vice President Dick Cheney said Sunday that Edward Snowden betrayed his country by leaking classified documents about the U.S. government's surveillance programs and warned that the former National Security Agency contractor may be spying for the Chinese government.

"I think he's a traitor,” Cheney said of Snowden in an interview with “Fox News Sunday.”

"I think he has committed crimes in effect by violating agreements given the position he had," he continued. "I think it's one of the worst occasions in my memory of somebody with access to classified information doing enormous damage to the national security interests of the United States."

Cheney defended the NSA surveillance programs, claiming that the United States may have been able to prevent the deadly Sept. 11 terrorist attacks on New York and Washington if such monitoring practices had been in place in 2001.

"As everybody who's been associated with the program's said, if we had had this before 9/11, when there were two terrorists in San Diego -- two hijackers -- had been able to use that program, that capability, against that target, we might well have been able to prevent 9/11," Cheney said.

Cheney also raised questions about Snowden's decision to flee to Hong Kong, suggesting he may be sharing sensitive information with the Chinese government. He hinted that Snowden could even be a Chinese spy.

"I'm suspicious because he went to China. That's not a place where you would ordinarily want to go if you are interested in freedom, liberty and so forth," Cheney said. "It raises questions whether or not he had that kind of connection before he did this."

Cheney added that he's also "very, very worried" that Snowden still has sensitive information that he hasn't yet released.

"The Chinese would welcome the opportunity and probably [be] willing to provide immunity for him or sanctuary for him, if you will, in exchange for what he presumably knows or doesn't know," he said.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
DEATH ROW JOE
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Cheney: Snowden Is A 'Traitor' And Possibly A Chinese Sp

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Wheresthestagemanager? wrote: "I'm suspicious because he went to China. That's not a place where you would ordinarily want to go if you are interested in freedom, liberty and so forth," Cheney said.
LMFAO, he doesn't realize he's talking about a Paul Bot who has been told that USA is less free than a Soviet Gulag. Surprised Cheney did not toss in a few Obama slams in that interview.
Sheep_Mafia
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Sheep_Mafia »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote: Surprised Cheney did not toss in a few Obama slams in that interview.
Why would he? Seems pretty clear that they now agree on the spying/privacy issues.
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Sheep_Mafia wrote: Why would he? Seems pretty clear that they now agree on the spying/privacy issues.
Sounds like you never heard of Valerie Plame. We know you were not old enough to drive a car in 2008 when gasoline was 4.20 a gallon so it's not a surprise. Cheney & Co. revealed Valerie Plame Wilson's covert CIA identity as "Valerie Plame" to reporters after her husband Joe Wilson, a former U.S. Ambassador, criticized the Bush Administration in a NY Times editorial. Wilson argued that the Bush Administration misrepresented intelligence prior to the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

So until Obama exposes a CIA agent, Cheney and Obama are not seeing eye to eye on spying/privacy issues.

They even made a movie about it dunce.

tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

I wish this guy would just die already, but he'll probably live to 120.
Stoner
Queen Bee

Post by Stoner »

Pretty sure he's at least 143.
Sheep_Mafia

Post by Sheep_Mafia »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:
Sheep_Mafia wrote: Why would he? Seems pretty clear that they now agree on the spying/privacy issues.
Sounds like you never heard of Valerie Plame. We know you were not old enough to drive a car in 2008 when gasoline was 4.20 a gallon so it's not a surprise. Cheney & Co. revealed Valerie Plame Wilson's covert CIA identity as "Valerie Plame" to reporters after her husband Joe Wilson, a former U.S. Ambassador, criticized the Bush Administration in a NY Times editorial. Wilson argued that the Bush Administration misrepresented intelligence prior to the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

So until Obama exposes a CIA agent, Cheney and Obama are not seeing eye to eye on spying/privacy issues.

They even made a movie about it dunce.

Gas prices in 2008, which were down below $2 later in the year unlike where they have been for the last few years are irrelevant to the fact that Obama and Cheney are now linked forever as those that sanctioned the spying on innocent citizens. I'm sure that symbolic relationship is painful to blind cheerleader liberals like yourself, but it is what it is.
pulsar0510

Post by pulsar0510 »

Sheep_Mafia wrote:Gas prices in 2008, which were down below $2 later in the year .
That was the economy exploding, not great leadership.
Lies are the words that I use when you look up hopefully
MegaBeth
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by MegaBeth »

Snowden is a traitor. I don't see how anyone could think otherwise. He was hired to do a specific job, he took an oath, and then he ran to China with national security secrets. There is no doubt what he is, the question is what to do about it.
brotherplanet
Show Me Your Dick

Post by brotherplanet »

He was a traitor to the government, but not the American people.
Stoner
Queen Bee

Post by Stoner »

:lol:

I heard violins playing in the background as I read that.

Then I puked.
DEATH ROW JOE

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

brotherplanet wrote:He was a traitor to the government, but not the American people.
What part of "we're a nation of laws, not men" do you not understand dumb ass? He's a traitor to the nation, dunce.
Sheep_Mafia wrote: Gas prices in 2008, which were down below $2 later in the year unlike where they have been for the last few years are irrelevant to the fact that Obama and Cheney are now linked forever as those that sanctioned the spying on innocent citizens. I'm sure that symbolic relationship is painful to blind cheerleader liberals like yourself, but it is what it is.
The fact that you do not know that gas prices crashed with the economy in 2008 is highly relevant. It proves you were not old enough to drive in 2008. You're a dumb kid arguing with grown ups and getting the shit clowned out of you on a regular basis.

Funny that someone who voted for Bush/Cheney twice and defended their policies on this board is in your simple mind a "blind cheerleader" for Obama. The problem with Cheney is that he outed a CIA agent. If Obama does the same, then you can put them in the same boat. It's a bit of a stretch to say Obama is like Cheney simply because both followed a law passed by Congress.

You're a very funny poster. Very stupid, but very funny.
Stoner
Queen Bee

Post by Stoner »

Apparently he had nothing the Chinese wanted enough to exchange for asylum - maybe the Russians will give enough a fuck. Doubting it, though. I wonder if he'll go to Cuba next and hang out with Jay Z. and Beyonce.

God, this guy is the perfect patsy, and you dumbfucks are eating it up with fucking spoon just like they knew you would. :lol:

I know, I know - it could never be a conspiracy if it's as obvious as the nose on your face.
Sheep_Mafia

Post by Sheep_Mafia »

DEATH ROW JOE wrote:
brotherplanet wrote:He was a traitor to the government, but not the American people.
What part of "we're a nation of laws, not men" do you not understand dumb ass? He's a traitor to the nation, dunce.
Sheep_Mafia wrote: Gas prices in 2008, which were down below $2 later in the year unlike where they have been for the last few years are irrelevant to the fact that Obama and Cheney are now linked forever as those that sanctioned the spying on innocent citizens. I'm sure that symbolic relationship is painful to blind cheerleader liberals like yourself, but it is what it is.
The fact that you do not know that gas prices crashed with the economy in 2008 is highly relevant. It proves you were not old enough to drive in 2008. You're a dumb kid arguing with grown ups and getting the shit clowned out of you on a regular basis.

Funny that someone who voted for Bush/Cheney twice and defended their policies on this board is in your simple mind a "blind cheerleader" for Obama. The problem with Cheney is that he outed a CIA agent. If Obama does the same, then you can put them in the same boat. It's a bit of a stretch to say Obama is like Cheney simply because both followed a law passed by Congress.

You're a very funny poster. Very stupid, but very funny.
You don't know if I voted for Bush/Cheney even once much less twice. I know you are confused by anyone having the ability to think outside of a political box but some can. The only people that think you are clowning anyone with your repetitive and completely transparent drivel are those that are either also lack any intellectual intergrity as you do that they can't see the obvious truth, or they are just ignorant in general or to give some the benefit of the doubt, they don't read all your repetitive stupidity and just think because you plagarize someone else's opinion that you must be right.

You calling someone stupid with your complete inability to use reasoned logic when it come to Obama (see gas prices for example 2089) is commical. You are a simple fool who fall for absolutely anything that your political party feeds you. Stunning ignorance.
ralphwiggumsdealer
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by ralphwiggumsdealer »

Sheep_Mafia wrote: (see gas prices for example 2089)
Like we'll still have any gasoline by then.

Owned!
Moggio wrote:
jpf wrote:Do you realize how stupid you are?
Do you?
Sheep_Mafia

Post by Sheep_Mafia »

ralphwiggumsdealer wrote:
Sheep_Mafia wrote: (see gas prices for example 2089)
Like we'll still have any gasoline by then.

Owned!
Reading comprehension for the win...
ralphwiggumsdealer
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by ralphwiggumsdealer »

Sheep_Mafia wrote: You calling someone stupid is commical.
Moggio wrote:
jpf wrote:Do you realize how stupid you are?
Do you?