Liz Cheney Quits

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Liz Cheney Quits

Post by Turner Coates »

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/01/l ... html?hp=f1

Liz Cheney: 'I have decided to discontinue my campaign'

Liz Cheney is ending her campaign for Senate in Wyoming, the Republican announced in a statement early Monday morning.

Citing health concerns in her family, Cheney said the issues arising prompted her to end her GOP primary challenge to Sen. Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.).

“Serious health issues have recently arisen in our family, and under the circumstances, I have decided to discontinue my campaign. My children and their futures were the motivation for our campaign and their health and well-being will always be my overriding priority,” Cheney said in the statement.

Cheney pledged to keep working for her political values despite ending the campaign.

“Phil and I want to thank the thousands of people in Wyoming and all across the country who have supported my campaign. As a mother and a patriot, I know that the work of defending freedom and protecting liberty must continue for each generation. Though this campaign stops today, my commitment to keep fighting with you and your families for the fundamental values that have made this nation and Wyoming great will never stop.”

Late Sunday night, as news that Cheney was likely to drop out of the race swirled, two GOP sources said that a recent incident involving a member of Cheney’s immediate family prompted her to reconsider the race, among other factors.

Cheney announced a primary challenge to Enzi last July and raised more than $1 million for her campaign, largely from elite Republicans close to her father, former Vice President Dick Cheney. She has consistently trailed Enzi in public polls.

Before the campaign’s conclusion was confirmed, Cheney finance chairwoman Margaret Parry was noncommittal in a short phone call.

“That’s a very personal issue, and I think that you need to get a hold of Liz Cheney,” she said.

Republicans — including some Cheney supporters — privately expressed surprise at Cheney’s move, though she is also said to have been discouraged by Enzi’s persistent polling lead and apparent determination to buck pressure to retire.

CNN first reported the news of Cheney’s plans.

The departure of Cheney, 47, from the race would clear the way for Enzi, 69, to handily win a fourth term. Wyoming has not elected a Democrat to the Senate since 1970.

The younger Cheney never got much traction. The Wyoming GOP establishment, including the two other members of the congressional delegation and former Sen. Alan Simpson, quickly coalesced behind Enzi. A first-time candidate, she even clashed with local Wyoming newspapers.

Since July, she has struggled with a series of setbacks.

A public spat with her openly lesbian sister, Mary, over same-sex marriage dominated national headlines for several days in November. Mary Cheney and her wife, Heather Poe, criticized the candidate on Facebook, saying she had applauded their union in the past.

This prompted Dick and Lynne Cheney to release a public statement saying that Liz Cheney “has always believed in the traditional definition of marriage.”

Cheney has also been beset by criticism that she is a carpetbagger.

She became a Wyoming resident in only 2012. Her husband Phil Perry — who has continued to practice law in Washington, D.C. — was registered to vote in both Virginia and Wyoming for the past nine months, until just before Christmas. The candidate herself was fined $220 in August for purchasing an instate fishing license when she was not yet eligible. She received the license just 72 days after closing on her home, but the law requires 365 days of residency.

"The worst celebrity golf cheat? I wish I could tell you that. It would be a shocker. I played golf with Donald Trump one time. That's all I'm going to say." - Alice Cooper
DEATH ROW JOE
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Liz Cheney Quits

Post by DEATH ROW JOE »

Voters rejecting both Popa Cheney AND the Tea Baggers.
HeavyMetalZombie666
Angry Wyoming Rain Man

Post by HeavyMetalZombie666 »

Biggest mistake ever. Mike Enzi is going to win another term. I will wait six years before I would chose Liz Cheney because she hasn't been back to the state of Wyoming long. Also the Tea Party rocks.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Also the Tea Party rocks.
Yes...they "rock" like Pat Boone "rocks".
They are your only hope for not being brainwashed by commies, homos and owls.

"The worst celebrity golf cheat? I wish I could tell you that. It would be a shocker. I played golf with Donald Trump one time. That's all I'm going to say." - Alice Cooper
Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Biggest mistake ever. Mike Enzi is going to win another term. I will wait six years before I would chose Liz Cheney because she hasn't been back to the state of Wyoming long. Also the Tea Party rocks.
How exactly does the Tea Party rock? What policies do you like most?
ImageImage
HeavyMetalZombie666
Angry Wyoming Rain Man

It is the issues of being fiscally responsible and cutting taxes.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:It is the issues of being fiscally responsible and cutting taxes.
You don't know what you're talking about. You're just spewing catch phrases.
You often mention "forgetting about the past".
Tea Baggers resent change and want to remain in the past forever.

HeavyMetalZombie666
Angry Wyoming Rain Man

THat is bullshit. We are a reformation movement.
Danzig in the Dark

HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:It is the issues of being fiscally responsible and cutting taxes.
What does this mean? You are just parroting tired catch phrases and I believe you don't really understand the issues.
ImageImage
HeavyMetalZombie666
Angry Wyoming Rain Man

Danzig in the Dark wrote:
What does this mean? You are just parroting tired catch phrases and I believe you don't really understand the issues.
Fiscal responsibility is an economic concept that has various definitions, depending on the economic theory held by the person or organization offering the definition. Some say being fiscally responsible is just a matter of cutting debt, while others say it's about completely eliminating debt. Still others might argue that it's a matter of controlling the level of debt without completely reducing it. Perhaps the most basic definition of fiscal responsibility is the act of creating, optimizing and maintaining a balanced budget.

"Fiscal" refers to money and can include personal finances, though it most often is used in reference to public money or government spending. This can involve income from taxes, revenue, investments or treasuries. In a governmental context, a pledge of fiscal responsibility is a government’s assurance that it will judiciously spend, earn and generate funds without placing undue hardship on its citizens. Fiscal responsibility includes a moral contract to maintain a financially sound government for future generations, because a First World society is difficult to maintain without a financially secure government.

Fiscal responsibility often starts with a balanced budget, which is one with no deficits and no surpluses. The expectations of what might be spent and what is actually spent are equal. Many forms of government have different views and expectations for maintaining a balanced budget, with some preferring to have a budget deficit during certain economic times and a budget surplus during others. Other types of government view a budget deficit as being fiscally irresponsible at any time.

scal irresponsibility refers to a lack of effective financial planning by a person, business or government. This can include decreasing taxes in one crucial area while drastically increasing spending in another. This type of situation can cause a budget deficit in which the outgoing expenditures exceed the cash coming in. A government is a business in its own right, and no business — or private citizen — can thrive eternally while operating with a deficit.

When a government is fiscally irresponsible, its ability to function effectively is severely limited. Emergent situations arise unexpectedly, and a government needs to have quick access to reserve funds. A fiscally irresponsible government isn’t able to sustain programs designed to provide fast relief to its citizens.

A government, business or person can take steps to become more fiscally responsible. One useful method for government is to provide some financial transparency, which can reduce waste, expose fraud and highlight areas of financial inefficiency. Not all aspects of government budgets and spending can be brought into full public view because of various risks to security, but offering an inside look at government spending can offer a nation’s citizens a sense of well-being and keep leaders honest. Similarly, a private citizen who is honest with himself about where he is spending his money is better able to determine where he might be able to make cuts that would allow him to live within his means.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Here's the site HMZ copied & pasted his "heartfelt political beliefs" from:

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-fiscal- ... bility.htm

Danzig in the Dark

HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:
Danzig in the Dark wrote:
Fiscal responsibility is an economic concept that has various definitions, depending on the economic theory held by the person or organization offering the definition. Some say being fiscally responsible is just a matter of cutting debt, while others say it's about completely eliminating debt. Still others might argue that it's a matter of controlling the level of debt without completely reducing it. Perhaps the most basic definition of fiscal responsibility is the act of creating, optimizing and maintaining a balanced budget.

"Fiscal" refers to money and can include personal finances, though it most often is used in reference to public money or government spending. This can involve income from taxes, revenue, investments or treasuries. In a governmental context, a pledge of fiscal responsibility is a government’s assurance that it will judiciously spend, earn and generate funds without placing undue hardship on its citizens. Fiscal responsibility includes a moral contract to maintain a financially sound government for future generations, because a First World society is difficult to maintain without a financially secure government.

Fiscal responsibility often starts with a balanced budget, which is one with no deficits and no surpluses. The expectations of what might be spent and what is actually spent are equal. Many forms of government have different views and expectations for maintaining a balanced budget, with some preferring to have a budget deficit during certain economic times and a budget surplus during others. Other types of government view a budget deficit as being fiscally irresponsible at any time.

scal irresponsibility refers to a lack of effective financial planning by a person, business or government. This can include decreasing taxes in one crucial area while drastically increasing spending in another. This type of situation can cause a budget deficit in which the outgoing expenditures exceed the cash coming in. A government is a business in its own right, and no business — or private citizen — can thrive eternally while operating with a deficit.

When a government is fiscally irresponsible, its ability to function effectively is severely limited. Emergent situations arise unexpectedly, and a government needs to have quick access to reserve funds. A fiscally irresponsible government isn’t able to sustain programs designed to provide fast relief to its citizens.

A government, business or person can take steps to become more fiscally responsible. One useful method for government is to provide some financial transparency, which can reduce waste, expose fraud and highlight areas of financial inefficiency. Not all aspects of government budgets and spending can be brought into full public view because of various risks to security, but offering an inside look at government spending can offer a nation’s citizens a sense of well-being and keep leaders honest. Similarly, a private citizen who is honest with himself about where he is spending his money is better able to determine where he might be able to make cuts that would allow him to live within his means.
You forgot to cut and paste something about cutting taxes. :roll:

Now I know that you don't know shit about anything, man-child. Stick to the hairy beaver thread and leave the politics to the adults.
ImageImage
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/2 ... 07116.html

Abusive, derogatory and even racist behavior directed at House Democrats by Tea Party protesters on Saturday left several lawmakers in shock.

Preceding the president's speech to a gathering of House Democrats, thousands of protesters descended around the Capitol to protest the passage of health care reform. The gathering quickly turned into abusive heckling, as members of Congress passing through Longworth House office building were subjected to epithets and even mild physical abuse.

A staffer for Rep. James Clyburn (D-S.C.) told reporters that Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-Mo.) had been spat on by a protestor. Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.), a hero of the civil rights movement, was called a 'ni--er.' And Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) was called a "faggot," as protestors shouted at him with deliberately lisp-y screams. Frank, approached in the halls after the president's speech, shrugged off the incident.

But Clyburn was downright incredulous, saying he had not witnessed such treatment since he was leading civil rights protests in South Carolina in the 1960s.

"It was absolutely shocking to me," Clyburn said, in response to a question from the Huffington Post. "Last Monday, this past Monday, I stayed home to meet on the campus of Claflin University where fifty years ago as of last Monday... I led the first demonstrations in South Carolina, the sit ins... And quite frankly I heard some things today I have not heard since that day. I heard people saying things that I have not heard since March 15, 1960 when I was marching to try and get off the back of the bus."

"It doesn't make me nervous as all," the congressman said, when asked how the mob-like atmosphere made him feel. "In fact, as I said to one heckler, I am the hardest person in the world to intimidate, so they better go somewhere else."

Asked if he wanted an apology from the group of Republican lawmakers who had addressed the crowd and, in many ways, played on their worst fears of health care legislation, the Democratic Party, and the president, Clyburn replied:

"A lot of us have been saying for a long time that much of this, much of this is not about health care a all. And I think a lot of those people today demonstrated that this is not about health care... it is about trying to extend a basic fundamental right to people who are less powerful."

HeavyMetalZombie666
Angry Wyoming Rain Man

Huffington is a lying liberal bitch. Fuck her. Just more slander.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Huffington is a lying liberal bitch. Fuck her. Just more slander.
She didn't write the article. It was written by Sam Stein.
Boy, you sure are mixed up.

Are you saying he's a liar?

HeavyMetalZombie666
Angry Wyoming Rain Man

Huffington post is pure shite.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Huffington post is pure shite.
Provide some proof, please. Otherwise, your words are simply the opinions of an uninformed person.

HeavyMetalZombie666
Angry Wyoming Rain Man

Grendel wrote:Zomb,

Do you listen to Rush Limbaugh?
very little I listen to. I prefer Sean Hannity and Libertarian radio hosts such as Neal Boortz, Dennis Miller, and Penn Jillette.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

Anyone remember after his sig meltdown that Z13 claimed he was going to shut the fuck up when it came to political discussion on here?
HeavyMetalZombie666
Angry Wyoming Rain Man

I never said that. I said I never was going to engage in bets on this board. So get over it.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:I never said that. I said I never was going to engage in bets on this board. So get over it.

You also claimed you never made such a bet until proof was posted countless times that you did and knew full well what you were betting on.

You did too say that you were not going to discuss politics anymore as it only caused trouble... And you know it.

Now here you are again getting angrier and angrier, posting on here until the wee hours of the morning and disclosing personal info that people will continue to use against you and then you'll meltdown again..

Sean Hannity... Nice preference. I should've guessed. :lol:
Danzig in the Dark

HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:I never said that. I said I never was going to engage in bets on this board. So get over it.
You did. Quit lying.
ImageImage
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Jesus Christ Zombie..Hannity? Really?
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:Jesus Christ Zombie..Hannity? Really?

The_Blue®™
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by The_Blue®™ »

I don't think I've seen somebody try to primary an incumbent who was a) deeply popular among their constituents and b) had almost exactly the same views on the issues. Her platform was basically that she would support the same side of issues as Enzi but she would do it loudly. And her donors are as politically incompetent as she is. What a complete waste of $3 million dollars.
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote: Fiscal responsibility is an economic concept that has various definitions, depending on the economic theory held by the person or organization offering the definition. Some say being fiscally responsible is just a matter of cutting debt, while others say it's about completely eliminating debt. Still others might argue that it's a matter of controlling the level of debt without completely reducing it. Perhaps the most basic definition of fiscal responsibility is the act of creating, optimizing and maintaining a balanced budget.

Do you commit plagiarism at the same place Rand Paul does?