Gov Chris Christie - BUSTED!!

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

KAOS
AKA Doo Doo Brown

Re: Gov Chris Christie - BUSTED!!

Post by KAOS »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:First of all, not a Republican. Also not downplaying what he did in the least and it should and will hurt his aspirations. However, having worked in the UTU for 4 years I can tell you firsthand what a corrupt, self serving entity it is. So yes, I am calling both comparable in intention and scope.
You make a valid point. I think it can be explained like this perhaps... Unions have used these tactics for many years as collective bargaining agreements and in some strange way they have become accepted practices in the American fabric. Shit the local culinary union in Vegas (state biggest union) has been shutting down traffic on the strip and blocking entry into a major hotel in an effort to scare the owners into signing an agreement with them. It's our own "GW Bridge" and causes a traffic nightmare of epic proportion. Police do show up and make hundreds of arrests. But you are right, there is no class action lawsuit against the union or it's leaders. It's accepted that unions protest and shut shit down to get their way. It's part of the process and we have deal with it.

I guess that politicians exacting a little political revenge is something that was best served behind closed doors and was ignored as long as it did not effect the public or the public was not made aware. The GW Bridge closure went overboard and affected the public in a major way. It affected the people stuck on that bridge more than the mayor of Ft Lee. Most of them were the same people that voted for Gov Christie and I think their anger and reactions to the news that his office did it on purpose is warranted.

The lawsuits and the outrage are the peoples way of sending the Govt a message. The message being that they will not accept Political Revenge as part of the American fabric. Guess the unions and their tactics are just grandfathered in and it's a burden we all have to deal with? Has a lot to do with why so many despise unions as well.

No weapon formed against me shall prosper...
and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn.
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Christie is a fucking idiot to have done it in such a public and vindictive way; he HAD to have known that it was going to come back and bite him. It's ironic that the traits a lot of people like him for could very well be his undoing.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:First of all, not a Republican.
And I'm a fucking unicorn.
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:Also not downplaying what he did in the least and it should and will hurt his aspirations. However, having worked in the UTU for 4 years I can tell you firsthand what a corrupt, self serving entity it is. So yes, I am calling both comparable in intention and scope.
This has nothing to do with what Christie did. Nothing at all.
ImageImage
WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

Call it what you want Norma Jean.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

"Sure, Jerry Sandusky raped a bunch of boys but you know what's worse? Unions"

"The Holocaust was unimaginably evil and horrific but it's got nothing on unions."

"I know Al Qaeda is bad but at least they're not a union."
ImageImage
tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Post by tin00can »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:So you can now sue for willfully causing commuting delays? Does that mean people can sue transit unions when they go on strike and cripple cities?

I'm gonna retire with the money I make suing CalTrans.
KAOS
AKA Doo Doo Brown

Post by KAOS »

tin00can wrote:
WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:So you can now sue for willfully causing commuting delays? Does that mean people can sue transit unions when they go on strike and cripple cities?

I'm gonna retire with the money I make suing CalTrans.

If CalTrans got together and concocted a scheme and used you as a pawn to pay back an individual for political retribution than they are negligent and you will have a case.

Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

There's now reports circulating that Wildstein's job was created just for him after Christie's election, being introduced as a "good friend of the governor" and he was more than just a limited interaction guy with the governor and he was passing information back to the gov..

I'm sure it will come out in the investigation, who knows? Could just be disgruntled employees talking..
Hooligan
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by Hooligan »

After the shit from McGreevey and Corzine, Christie is great. The legislature in NJ has been dem controlled forever and the state has gone from a decent, reasonable place to live to one where's it's just ridiculously expensive to live and work.
KAOS
AKA Doo Doo Brown

Post by KAOS »

Oh Oh - looks like Chris Christie WAS FUCKING LYING!

David Wildstein is about to drop a bomb on his ass. Must not have been paid enough to shut his yapper?!

http://swampland.time.com/2014/01/31/ch ... wildstein/

:lol: :lol: :lol: