Gov Chris Christie - BUSTED!!

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

KAOS
AKA Doo Doo Brown

Gov Chris Christie - BUSTED!!

Post by KAOS »

BRIDGEGATE will be the nail in the coffin of Gov Chris Christie's Presidential Run (if he can step away from the buffet and decides to run / campaign). Christie is claiming he was misled and had no idea about this, but common sense leads most people to believe he's been BUSTED!

Christie was mad at the Democratic Mayor of Ft Lee, New Jersey for not endorsing him and decided to close down lanes of the George Washington Bridge that connects New Jersey to NYC for a "traffic study" on multiple days during rush-hour. The result was massive traffic jams and major headaches for many of the same people who voted Christie into his Governors office.

For those of you who don't think this is that big of a deal I ask you are you familiar with the George Washington Bridge? It is one of the busiest bridges in the world and responsible for thousands of people getting to and from work, goods being shipped across it and people using it for medical emergencies etc. It's a massive two level structure and keeps the city moving.

A woman was severely delayed when her ambulance was stuck in traffic that couldn't move and she later died. Their are several other similar stories including the traffic jam hindering the search for a little lost toddler.

This will be interesting for the GOP Presidential front-runner. Such a stupid thing to do. I lost respect for him. I actually liked him and was watching him closely. He's just a fat moron.

Link to story:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ ... story.html

No weapon formed against me shall prosper...
and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn.
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Gov Chris Christie - BUSTED!!

Post by Turner Coates »

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/01/r ... 01915.html

Rush Limbaugh on Wednesday slammed the media for its coverage of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, saying the focus on the bridge controversy only serves to take former defense secretary Robert Gates’ critique of President Barack Obama “off the front page.”

The conservative radio host told his listeners that “the left right now is very excited” over Wednesday’s report tying the Republican governor’s staff to the closing of several lanes of traffic in Fort Lee, N.J. And with the attention turned to that scandal, the media can conveniently ignore Gates’ pointed assessment of the president’s handling of the war in Afghanistan, Limbaugh said.
Oh...so THAT'S the deal. :lol:

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
KAOS
AKA Doo Doo Brown

Post by KAOS »

Wheresthestagemanager? wrote:http://www.politico.com/story/2014/01/r ... 01915.html

Rush Limbaugh on Wednesday slammed the media for its coverage of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, saying the focus on the bridge controversy only serves to take former defense secretary Robert Gates’ critique of President Barack Obama “off the front page.”

The conservative radio host told his listeners that “the left right now is very excited” over Wednesday’s report tying the Republican governor’s staff to the closing of several lanes of traffic in Fort Lee, N.J. And with the attention turned to that scandal, the media can conveniently ignore Gates’ pointed assessment of the president’s handling of the war in Afghanistan, Limbaugh said.
Yes, there is nothing like questioning a stupid move and piss poor judgement from a Governor that is the front runner for the leader of the free world in the next presidential election process. Jamming that bridge does much more than cause a slight headache for the Mayor. People could have lost their jobs etc. And again, it may have played a part in a woman's death? Pretty stupid move from a man who portrayed himself as smarter than the rest. Whole bunch of people will take the fall for him. But we know he did it!! :?

The mayor of Fort Lee has reportedly fired back at Chris Christie by causing a traffic jam at the nearest Taco Bell drive-thru.

Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

I could not believe this when I read it earlier today in the news.. Incredibly stupid and immature move.

Were these idiots this bent on political retaliation that they would sabotage traffic, causing kids to spend needless time waiting on their buses, when they could have been enjoying their first days back to school and causing hard working people to be late for work during a recession and possibly losing their positions due to tardiness?
And did they not even think about EMS and fire fighting services being delayed because of their little stunt?

Seems like Christie chose some real winners to work in his higher up positions.. :roll:
KAOS
AKA Doo Doo Brown

Post by KAOS »

Luminiferous wrote:I could not believe this when I read it earlier today in the news.. Incredibly stupid and immature move.

Were these idiots this bent on political retaliation that they would sabotage traffic, causing kids to spend needless time waiting on their buses, when they could have been enjoying their first days back to school and causing hard working people to be late for work during a recession and possibly losing their positions due to tardiness?
And did they not even think about EMS and fire fighting services being delayed because of their little stunt?

Seems like Christie chose some real winners to work in his higher up positions.. :roll:
This story will get interesting. Christie may have to clean house and lose a good chunk of his homies. His Chief of Staff ordered the "traffic jam" and has yet to resign or be fired. If they can link the old ladies death due to the slow response time of the EMS than their could be criminal charges. I would not rule out Christie having to resign from the Governorship over this, honestly. This will not go away and they can try to downplay it and laugh it off all they want. He's fucked. Looks like Mitt will be running again.

TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Wheresthestagemanager? wrote:http://www.politico.com/story/2014/01/r ... 01915.html

Good for the liberal media! Glad to see they are all over this shit.
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
KAOS
AKA Doo Doo Brown

Post by KAOS »

2+ hour press conference this morning and played the "I was blindsided" and "I am so angry" role. How this guy can claim that his own team, people he has grown up with and who go to his kids birthday parties did this and lied to him is unbelievable. Guy's playing the victim role.

We still have yet to hear from the staff who resigned, retired and was fired. Will be interesting if they cover for the Governor or throw him under the bus? I am hearing that one of them (Waldstein) will be pleading the 5th.

Christie is busted. Such a stupid thing to do on his behalf.

TravisBicklesMohawk

Barely a mention on Fox . . . :roll:
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
KAOS
AKA Doo Doo Brown

Post by KAOS »

TravisBicklesMohawk wrote:Barely a mention on Fox . . . :roll:

It's hilarious, they are in denial. While the press conference is going on and just about every major new agency in the country are in attendance and covering it, Fox News is in full attack against Obama and trying to help ex-defense secretary Gates sell some more copies of his new book that's coming out. Faux News cracks me up, pure comedy. Probably a sad time over at that network.

Blizzard of Cos
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Blizzard of Cos »

He clearly pissed off some heavy hitters in the GOP.
KAOS
AKA Doo Doo Brown

Post by KAOS »

Gov Christie in his press conference today: "I have had two sleepless nights" and "I only heard about this yesterday afternoon like everyone else." Guy was starting to trip up in his own words at the end of that 108 minutes. He's full of shit, literally. A lot of shit!

ROADHEAD
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ROADHEAD »

Proves you don't watch. It was the LEAD on every show today. You saw that said somewhere and this makes you a dumb ass. And a hillary voter.
KAOS
AKA Doo Doo Brown

Post by KAOS »

ROADHEAD wrote:
Proves you don't watch. It was the LEAD on every show today. You saw that said somewhere and this makes you a dumb ass. And a hillary voter.

I watched for hours straight and it was barely mentioned. You sure you have it on the right channel? Other networks carried Christie's press conference live, Fox showed footage of an IRS scandal and harped on Obama over Gates new "tell all" book. They are in denial that this is a major news story and fuck up for the GOP frontrunner. They are mentioning it as less as possible.

Suite 16 Guitarist
Recording Your Demo

Post by Suite 16 Guitarist »

Kaos is right. I have been switching the channels...story is barely getting attention on Fox.
skunklovestiger wrote: Beeing funny is ok, beeing stupid is not !!
UtahRatt wrote:Doug Marks is how I learned to make an escape proof back patio for a cat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ov4LQFSQ58
TravisBicklesMohawk

ROADHEAD wrote:
Uh, no, douchebag. I checked into Fox several times and all the had was the aforementioned Obama bullshit story. Pretty much the same Obama bullshit story they run every other day.

You're the one who isn't paying attention. And yes, Hillary will get my vote. 8)
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Ham Stroker's Ejacula
Transylvanian Wang

Post by Ham Stroker's Ejacula »

Nevermind
Recording Debut Album

Post by Nevermind »

KAOS
AKA Doo Doo Brown

Post by KAOS »

Ham Stroker's Ejacula wrote:Image
I see nothing! LOL - Hogan Heros.

Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Nevermind wrote:Image
You are correct. President Obama knew nothing of Republican Gov. Christie's dastardly abuse of executive power.
ImageImage
Crazy Levi

Post by Crazy Levi »

Has Fox Nation really convinced itself this is a non-story that nobody cares about?

The self-delusion of conservative retards in this country surely knows no bounds.
KAOS
AKA Doo Doo Brown

Post by KAOS »

Crazy Levi wrote:Has Fox Nation really convinced itself this is a non-story that nobody cares about?

The self-delusion of conservative retards in this country surely knows no bounds.
Rush Limbaugh the Tea-Trads and Conservatives leader has also convinced himself that the Liberal media is over-hyping the scandal to cover up the Obama issues mentioned in Gate's "tell all" book. I imagine the wind has been let out of the GOP sails as they now realize that the best they can put up against Hillary will be Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney, Marco Rubio or Ted Cruz. What a group right there!

Saw that a massive class action lawsuit is pending against the sate of New Jersey, Gov Christie and his administration on behalf of the people stuck in traffic who were late to work, lost jobs and in one case their life. This scandal is going nowhere quick.

WhiteHouseSubsAC
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by WhiteHouseSubsAC »

So you can now sue for willfully causing commuting delays? Does that mean people can sue transit unions when they go on strike and cripple cities?
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
KAOS
AKA Doo Doo Brown

Post by KAOS »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:So you can now sue for willfully causing commuting delays? Does that mean people can sue transit unions when they go on strike and cripple cities?
Good call. Not sure? The argument is that this did not need to happen and that typically drivers are warned with overhead signs and other traffic devices and that on those mornings they were not given any advanced warning. The claim is that is was vindictive and they were unknowingly trapped when they drove towards the bridge. I guess the overhead signs would be in use if the transit workers went on strike to answer your question above? I think they have a good claim here. There was obvious negligence on behalf of the state as they set out to cause a traffic jam. How pissed would you be if you had an interview, big meeting or presentation in the city and you lost your job cause you missed it, stuck on that silly bridge?
Last edited by KAOS on Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:So you can now sue for willfully causing commuting delays? Does that mean people can sue transit unions when they go on strike and cripple cities?
I believe the only people who may have a case in this are people who may have lost jobs or wages due to the intentionally caused traffic issues.. Right now it's hard to say that the 91 year old woman who died would have survived if the EMS got there without problems..

One fucked up thing was the FL police complained during the bridge closures that they weren't made aware of ahead of time, had difficulty getting to many calls including the cardiac arrest and a missing child, who, thankfully, was found later..

Legal expert Alan Dershowitz explained many of the legal issues that could come out of this with Christie and the state here..

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/10/us/christ ... ?hpt=hp_t1
Danzig in the Dark

But... But... Unions!!!!!! :roll:

Perhaps when an elected official sworn to serve the public good abuses the authority of his position to pursue a personal vendetta and causes innocent bystanders to suffer, they can.
ImageImage
BlackCrypt
Win, Lose or Hieroglyph

Post by BlackCrypt »

Time to start weeding out the weak links early!
Constantine wrote:ur a fkn degenerate,
Metal Sludge wrote:It is after all, only a message board...relax!
Trist805 wrote:Chip, You owned me and I will admit defeat. I love big black cocks. Hope you are happy.
BlackCrypt
Win, Lose or Hieroglyph

Post by BlackCrypt »

KAOS wrote:Good call. Not sure? The argument is that this did not need to happen and that typically drivers are warned with overhead signs and other traffic devices and that on those mornings they were not given any advanced warning. The claim is that is was vindictive and they were unknowingly trapped when they drove towards the bridge. I guess the overhead signs would be in use if the transit workers went on strike to answer your question above? I think they have a good claim here. There was obvious negligence on behalf of the state as they set out to cause a traffic jam. How pissed would you be if you had an interview, big meeting or presentation in the city and you lost your job cause you missed it, stuck on that silly bridge?
These types of problems are not unique to 'Merica.

http://metro.co.uk/2011/02/18/concrete- ... xt-639725/
Constantine wrote:ur a fkn degenerate,
Metal Sludge wrote:It is after all, only a message board...relax!
Trist805 wrote:Chip, You owned me and I will admit defeat. I love big black cocks. Hope you are happy.
WhiteHouseSubsAC

Danzig in the Dark wrote:
Perhaps when an elected official sworn to serve the public good abuses the authority of his position to pursue a personal vendetta and causes innocent bystanders to suffer, they can.
When an organization can and does use their ability to cripple a transportation infrastructure as a bargaining tool during a contract negotiation than it is the same thing.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Of course your asshole is going to be sore when you volunteer for an asspounding and not set any boundaries at all.
Danzig in the Dark

WhiteHouseSubsAC wrote:
Danzig in the Dark wrote:
When an organization can and does use their ability to cripple a transportation infrastructure as a bargaining tool during a contract negotiation than it is the same thing.
You're telling me it is the same thing as the governor of New Jersey using his power and influence as the state's top elected official to exact personal revenge on another politician for withholding his personal support? No wonder Republicans are so fucked up.
ImageImage
WhiteHouseSubsAC

First of all, not a Republican. Also not downplaying what he did in the least and it should and will hurt his aspirations. However, having worked in the UTU for 4 years I can tell you firsthand what a corrupt, self serving entity it is. So yes, I am calling both comparable in intention and scope.