The newest form of political fun... #McConnelling

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

The newest form of political fun... #McConnelling

Post by Luminiferous »

I'm gonna try this...every chance I get... at work...onstage...

It just goes to show all we need to do is smile and learn to get along...

Jon Stewart stumbled upon a pretty amazing discovery Thursday: some strange b-roll of Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) lends itself perfectly to literally any and every song set as its soundtrack.

And so "The Daily Show" introduced the world to #McConnelling.

The Kentucky Republican's re-election campaign released an odd, speechless ad Tuesday that began with about 15 seconds of footage of the senator staring straight into the camera and smiling. So Stewart played back that McConnell b-roll to everything from Simon and Garfunkel to The Who to Sir Mix-A-Lot. As he pointed out, the clip works with all of them -- particularly if the song mentions "eyes," although "I Like Big Butts" fit as well.

It's worth noting that images from the McConnell b-roll could be used by outside spending groups to produce positive ads without having to coordinate with his campaign, which would be illegal. Back in February, Roll Call noticed the campaigns for Rep. Bruce Braley (D-IA), Sen. Kay Hagan (D-NC) and Sen. Mark Begich (D-AK) all had made b-roll footage readily available for that kind of video sharing.

Watch below, courtesy of Comedy Central:
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-m ... connelling