Mike Huckabee maybe running for 2016 Presidency.

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

tin00can
Headlining Clubs

Re: Mike Huckabee maybe running for 2016 Presidency.

Post by tin00can »

"I don't understand how on one hand they can be such doting parents and so careful about the intake of everything — how much broccoli they eat and where they go to school"

Who the fuck limits how much broccoli their kids eat? This is what happens when somebody insane tries to sound sane.
Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Post by Machado »

Wheresthestagemanager? wrote:The GOP prez nominee will be a male of the Koch brothers choosing.
If I had to guess, I'd say Jeb Bush. As for veep, I'm gonna guess N.M. gov Susanna Martinez, because she's female, Hispanic, and they own her lock, stock and barrel.
You can count on the GOP to nominate the oldest white man in the room.
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

Schmuckabee continues to ramp up the stupidity..

Washington (CNN)Republican presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee says expecting Christians to accept same-sex marriage is "like asking someone who's Jewish to start serving bacon-wrapped shrimp in their deli."

He also called homosexuality a lifestyle choice, like drinking and swearing.

The former Arkansas governor, winner of the 2008 Iowa caucuses and likely 2016 contender's comments came during an appearance Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union," as he defended an excerpt from his new book in which he says he has friends and associates who are gay.

"People can be my friends who have lifestyles that are not necessarily my lifestyle. I don't shut people out of my circle or out of my life because they have a different point of view," Huckabee told CNN's Dana Bash, while deflecting a question about whether he believes being gay is a choice.

"I don't drink alcohol, but gosh -- a lot of my friends, maybe most of them, do. You know, I don't use profanity, but believe me, I've got a lot of friends who do. Some people really like classical music and ballet and opera -- it's not my cup of tea," Huckabee said.

He also offered a nod to legislation that some conservatives have advocated on the national and state levels protecting businesses from discrimination claims for adhering to their owners' religious views.

"I'd like to think that there's room in America for people who have different points of view without screaming and shouting and wanting to shut their businesses down," he said. "What worries me in this new environment we're in, it's not just that someone might disagree, they don't want to argue with me, even take a different point of view. They want to close someone's business down."

Huckabee pointed to President Barack Obama's 2008 opposition to same-sex marriage, but said there's no chance he'll ever drop his opposition to gay marriage.

"This is not just a political issue. It is a biblical issue. And as a biblical issue -- unless I get a new version of the scriptures, it's really not my place to say, OK, I'm just going to evolve," Huckabee said.

"It's like asking someone who's Jewish to start serving bacon-wrapped shrimp in their deli. We don't want to do that -- I mean, we're not going to do that. Or like asking a Muslim to serve up something that is offensive to him, or to have dogs in his backyard," he said. "We're so sensitive to make sure we don't offend certain religions, but then we act like Christians can't have the convictions that they've had for 2,000 years."
RATTdrools
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by RATTdrools »

HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/01/03/hu ... l-run-stay

I will not vote for him at all. It would be like voting for Pat Robertson in 1988 in the primaries.
Exactly! Religious fundies have NO place in a nation and developed world that is getting more secular by the minute! Huckabee should go run for a position in his church or something.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Luminiferous wrote: Huckabee is no stranger to such pointed statements. At a Republican National Committee meeting last year in Washington, he suggested Democrats wanted women to believe they were helpless without government-financed birth control.

"If the Democrats want to insult the women of America by making them believe that they are helpless without 'Uncle Sugar' coming in and providing for them a prescription each month for birth control, because they cannot control their libido or their reproductive system without the help of the government, then so be it," Huckabee said. "Let us take that discussion all across America."
l
Man, that guy REALLY needs to get laid.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

Mike Huckabee: Supreme Court ‘Cannot Overrule God’ On Marriage Equality

Former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee spoke to the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference in Houston, Texas, on April 29, in advance of an expected announcement of a presidential bid. Of course, Huckabee, a former Baptist preacher, had to weigh in on the Supreme Court’s upcoming ruling on marriage equality.

According to CNN, Huckabee told the conference:

"I respect the courts, but the Supreme Court is only that — the supreme of the courts. It is not the supreme being. It cannot overrule God. When it comes to prayer, when it comes to life, and when it comes to the sanctity of marriage, the court cannot change what God has created."

In the speech, which CNN described as “sermon-like,” Huckabee touched on a variety of social issues that are of concern to Christian conservatives. One of those is the various “religious freedom” laws that are appearing in many areas of the country. Huckabee told the crowd that Christian business owners were being “criminalized” for refusing to participate in things like same-sex weddings. He said, “Somebody’s got to be willing to take on the institutions that challenge and threaten our ability to believe as we believe, because when religious liberty is lost, all liberty is lost.”
Just what definition of “marriage” does God use?

Those opposed to marriage equality have been saying recently that marriage is between one man and one woman, “as ordained by God.” But, the Bible offers an array of marriages that were “ordained by God.” In 2013, the Huffington Post reported on an op-ed by three religious scholars, that pointed out the different types of marriage that had the blessing of the almighty in Biblical times.

In the op-ed, which is no longer available from the Des Moines Register, where it originally appeared, but which is quoted at length at Patheos, the authors point out that the Bible approves of marriages that range from monogamy, to marrying your brother’s widow — even if you are already married. The authors also say that polygamy was ok, as it was practiced by both Abraham, and David.

University of Iowa professor Robert R. Cargill, one of the authors of the op-ed, told the Huffington Post that the Bible endorses many types of relationships, but that professors shy away from discussing that fact, for fear of the backlash they would receive. Cargill said that the “argument against same-sex marriage is wholly unsustainable. We all know this, but very few scholars are talking about it, because they don’t want to take the heat.”

Maybe the Supreme Court can’t overrule God on marriage equality. But maybe it would be a good idea for God to issue a clear ruling on the subject. Until that happens, we only have the so-called “divinely inspired word of God,” that Mike Huckabee and so many others claim to be experts on, to go by. And that says that God is probably cool with marriage equality.
Here’s a report from the Huffington Post, on what the religious scholars had to say about the Biblical definition of marriage:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/0 ... 97304.html