Congress 15% approval rating

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Machado
"Thread Vaginosis"

Congress 15% approval rating

Post by Machado »

Just saw 60 minutes from over the weekend. The lead story was an interview with
old white folks, I mean House Speaker Boehner and Senate Majority Leader McConnell.
Brief Summary:
15% approval rating & those 2 smugs assholes could not care less about this once
great country. Why has nothing happened in the Senate for the previous 4 yrs?
Oh yeah, the people in charge would use tactics to hamstring bills from the Republican House.

Then you have current Republicans who turn down all invites from the President because those adults can not be seen with the President.
Quickly Boehner says that Obama could have put out an olive branch because the GOP is interesting in working with him. WTF!!!
Smug assholes. They are full of shit and cannot wait for the Black President to leave office because they are under the assumption they can do better. Each claims to love this country but that they have a different views what American should be like. WTF!!!
DaveB
Opening Act in Arenas

Re: Congress 15% approval rating

Post by DaveB »

Machado wrote: ... I mean House Speaker Boehner and Senate Majority Leader McConnell.
Brief Summary:
15% approval rating & those 2 smugs assholes could not care less about this once
great country.
McConnell is of course from my home state of Kentucky. The old fuck hasn't done shit for the state in decades and only promises shit when election rolls around. He had a formidable foe in Grimes this year and many people thought she was going to beat him.

The eastern part of the state is dominated by coal and of course that industry has been on the decline for decades. Then Obama basically decided to destroy it altogether. Most of Kentucky hates Obama with a passion like nothing you've ever seen. So while ole Mitch hasn't done shit for the state in 30 years, they sent his wrinkled ass straight back to DC because a vote for Grimes was a vote for Obama.

Mitch of course toured the area and talked up how he was going to support the coal industry...knowing good and damn well that he won't. But people bought it. Most pathetic thing I've ever seen.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Congress 15% approval rating

Post by Bludegeon »

And,

In 2014, it was at 14-15% for the "other" side that doesn't give a shit about this once great country.. So, not seeing the point being made here..

For the past four or five years, the rating hasn't been above 20%.. Neither side is any damn good. They are all sellouts.