Palin Shares Her Feelings On Hillary Email "Issue"

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Palin Shares Her Feelings On Hillary Email "Issue"

Post by Turner Coates »

http://www.mediaite.com/online/sarah-pa ... -clintons/

Sarah Palin Compares Her Own Email Problems to Hillary Clinton’s

Sarah Palin has officially weighed in on the Hillary Clinton email controversy. And she did it with a Fox News op-ed as opposed to a Facebook post, so you know she’s serious.

In the new piece published Monday, Palin compares the scrutiny over her emails as governor of Alaska to the kerfuffle over Clinton’s use of a personal email address and server as secretary of state.

“It’s appropriate and proper for a politician to use private email for personal and campaign business. This is what I did as governor of Alaska in order to be in compliance with the law, which requires that personal or campaign business not be conducted using public resources such as a government email account,” Palin writes. “However, that’s not what we see with this Clinton email scandal.”

She goes on to explain that Clinton’s use of personal email for government business was “unethical, no doubt illegal, and flies in the face of all claims of transparency.” On the “illegal” question, Palin is at odds with Fox News’ own legal analysts. “Hillary Clinton and her staff weren’t trying to be in compliance with the law; they were skirting it altogether.”

Palin contrasts her own compliance with FOIA requests for her private emails, which she described as fundamentally “boring,” to Clinton’s alleged attempts to conceal her official correspondence.

“Good luck finding those missing emails. And good luck getting a straight answer from the Obama administration as to why no one in the White House noticed that the Secretary of State wasn’t using a government email account,” she writes of the White House response to the issue. “You’d expect more from the self-described ‘most transparent administration in history. And you should demand more from anyone who wants to be president someday.”

Palin writes that the only emails she held back from public view were ones that were covered by attorney-client privilege. But as the Anchorage Daily News reported in 2011, after her office released her emails to the press, there was a nearly one-month gap — her first full month as governor — in which supposedly no emails were sent.

“That means zero emails during a period during which, among other things, Palin put out her proposed state budget, appointed an attorney general, killed the contract for a road out of Juneau and vetoed a bill that sought to block state public employee benefits to same-sex couples,” the paper reported at the time.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
absolutely fabulous
Headlining Clubs

Re: Palin Shares Her Feelings On Hillary Email "Issue"

Post by absolutely fabulous »

Ain't that quaint.

Hillary is like Sarah Palin,
or not.

Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State and 4th in line.

Girl needs to get her server seized, who in the government gets to cherry pick what gets archived? If you have personal shit on it, that's your fault for using it. She said she didn't use it for government purposes, but if she never used a .gov account - where did she do her correspondence?

Bitch is lying big time.

Demmies find yourself a new candidate for president, I don't care if you put all your eggs in this basket, you need to move on (not that Hillary was a shining star anyway).
The Fiendster wrote:I hate everyone in this thread. Especially myself.

FUCK. I need a drink. :lol:
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

absolutely fabulous wrote: Demmies find yourself a new candidate for president, I don't care if you put all your eggs in this basket, you need to move on (not that Hillary was a shining star anyway).
No thanks. Gonna be a woman's world (for a change).
Deal with it.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
absolutely fabulous
Headlining Clubs

I don't have a problem with a woman in office, just not this woman.

Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

absolutely fabulous wrote:I don't have a problem with a woman in office, just not this woman.
Someone more your intellectual equal, like Sarah Palin or Koko the gorilla?
ImageImage
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

How convenient the Repugs have completely forgotten about Bush's email scandal back in 2007. :roll:
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

The GOP cycle of scandals is simple. Find something irrelevant, make a big deal about it, forget that your guy did the same thing a few years ago and move on to the next one.

The Hillary Clinton email scandal is just another sorry example of this bruised and battered ideology. Experts have agreed that there was no legal wrongdoing and that any backlash would be negligible at best. Hillary’s standing as the favorite to win the Democratic nomination hasn’t been affected.

That doesn’t matter to the GOP’s ignorant base of indoctrinated sheep. “Clinton,” “Scandal,” and “Benghazi” are three of their favorite keywords, so at least for them, there will be some mileage driven in this clunker of a story.

Let’s not let them forget that their guy had a similar experience, one that fizzled and died in the span of a few days, without even a mention on Meet the Press the following Sunday.

In April of 2007, The Bush Administration was being scrutinized for firing eight US attorneys for seemingly political purposes. When congress asked for the emails concerning the issue, guess what?

Yup. Lost. 5 million emails, run through the private accounts of the RNC were gone forever. The accounts were supposed to be used for non-policy work to avoid violating ethics laws, but Congress had evidence that official government business, including the firing of the eight attorneys.

Those email accounts were used by 22 White House staffers, including Carl Rove, who used them for a reported 95% of his communication.

That happened on a Wednesday, and by Sunday morning talk show time, it had already run its course and disappeared.

It’s a bit disturbing to think of what else may have been in 5 million emails from the Bush administration that disappeared. One could almost make the case that in the process of covering up a number of crimes after the Democrats took over Congress, they simply got lucky when this particular issue came about.
absolutely fabulous
Headlining Clubs

Yeah, lumi because that was so disturbing, policy protocol was that everyone had to sign and abide by the new rules in 2009.

You can't act all appalled that what happened then when you are now giving a pass to the latest administration. This controversy went on long enough to give her time to to destroy the hard drives. When has the government waited to seize you, the average person's assets? Wasn't she on a review board against Nixon? She knows this shit front and back.

I wouldn't be surprised that the Obama administration isn't causing a stink about her erasure of emails because:

1) they were doing the damn same thing too
2) can't disrupt the DNC party

Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

absolutely fabulous wrote:Yeah, lumi because that was so disturbing, policy protocol was that everyone had to sign and abide by the new rules in 2009.

You can't act all appalled that what happened then when you are now giving a pass to the latest administration.
Actually absoluteflatulence, I in no way gave a pass to the latest administration in my post...

TravisBickelsMohawk mentioned the 5 million Bush emails, I posted a story about it and how many, like you, seem to have no problem with the past administration that allowed 9/11 to occur, that put our country into a massive war debt with two unfunded wars, with doing the same thing as Clinton is accused of doing..

Yes appalling indeed...
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Luminiferous wrote:
absolutely fabulous wrote:Yeah, lumi because that was so disturbing, policy protocol was that everyone had to sign and abide by the new rules in 2009.

You can't act all appalled that what happened then when you are now giving a pass to the latest administration.
Actually absoluteflatulence, I in no way gave a pass to the latest administration in my post...

TravisBickelsMohawk mentioned the 5 million Bush emails, I posted a story about it and how many, like you, seem to have no problem with the past administration that allowed 9/11 to occur, that put our country into a massive war debt with two unfunded wars, with doing the same thing as Clinton is accused of doing..

Yes appalling indeed...
Only if you're bothered by sheer hypocrisy.
ImageImage