Glenn Beck: ‘I’m out of the Republican Party’

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Glenn Beck: ‘I’m out of the Republican Party’

Post by Luminiferous »

Question is, will any team ibe willing to give up a draft choice or put their money into an aging GOP veteran?

Conservative talk show host Glenn Beck on Wednesday announced he is leaving the Republican Party.

“I’ve made my decision — I’m out,” Beck said Wednesday on “The Glenn Beck Program,” his broadcast on TheBlaze.com. “I’m out of the Republican Party. I am not a Republican. I will not give a dime to the Republican Party. I’m out.”

The host said Republicans lost him with their inaction on both ObamaCare and illegal immigration.

“All this stuff that they said and they ran and they said they were doing all of these great things and they were going to stand against ObamaCare and illegal immigration — they set us up,” Beck added. “They set us up. Enough is enough. They’re torpedoing the Constitution and they’re doing it knowingly.”

The former Fox News pundit also took issue with the GOP’s treatment of Tea Party lawmakers. Beck said that establishment Republicans had disrespected Sens. Mike Lee (R-Utah) and Ted Cruz (R-Texas), a likely 2016 GOP presidential candidate.

“They’re taking on people like Mike Lee and Ted Cruz and they’re torpedoing them,” Beck said. “And these guys are standing for the Constitution.”

Beck’s decision is not his only recent break with conservative ranks. Last Friday, the National Rifle Association’s website indicated it would investigate board member and right-wing activist Grover Norquist over possible sympathies for the Muslim Brotherhood. The move came after Beck aired accusations against Norquist during Friday’s broadcast.

“The people he hangs out with and the people he helps empower, they are agents of influence for the Muslim Brotherhood,” Beck said on Friday.

Beck said Monday that his decision to exit the GOP was inspired by their resistance to change.

“So I’m done with them,” he concluded. “Four years ago I was with them. Four years ago I said 'work from the inside: Let’s change it. Let’s get new guys in there.' I think it’s too late.”
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Re: Glenn Beck: ‘I’m out of the Republican Party’

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

You know you're an extreme case of asshole if the Republican Party is still not right-wing enough for you.