Poll: Clinton Would Crush Trump in General Election

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Cyd
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Poll: Clinton Would Crush Trump in General Election

Post by Cyd »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... id=UP72DHP

According to a Bloomberg Politics poll released Wednesday, Clinton leads Trump 54 percent to 36 percent in a contest between the two front-runners.

Also troubling for Trump, only 29 percent of likely general election voters nationally have a favorable view of him, compared to 68 percent who view him negatively.

Trump's favorability rating is at an all-time low in the survey, while his negative rating has gone up 13 points since November and has hit a new high.

Click the link for more good news. Go Hillbillies.
Hollywood's Burning
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: Poll: Clinton Would Crush Trump in General Election

Post by Hollywood's Burning »

European news outlets have been saying this for a long time - if Trump becomes the GOP candidate, it will be the best news the Dems could hope for. Trump is very popular among the cretin demographic, but out there in the big wide world the story is very different.
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

Obviously that percentage will close to single digits by election time, but Clinton will still win the general against Trump as the nominee. Clinton has high unfavorable ratings but Trump has astronomical unfavorable ratings. There will be large uptick in third party voting this cycle so that will cut into Trump's numbers as well.
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

More polling coming in from CNN. Trump's unfavorability ratings

82% non-white (!)
79% college grads
73% women

Nobody is going to win a general with those kinds of numbers, even if they are a bit inflated. These unfavorability numbers go down somewhat among independents and in pockets of the country. Trump has done ok in certain areas with high numbers of hispanics and college graduates like NV/AZ and some areas in South and Northeast. But overall he's dismal among these demos.
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
Cyd

Post by Cyd »

This stuff about the Clintons and Trumps is interesting to me. Look at that picture. Like they are really friends and in cahoots to get Hillary elected. And Trump is actually trying to ruin the GOP. haha I know the source is questionable so don't yell at me. Can't wait to find out how all this will turn out in the end.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2312595/bill-c ... ted-trump/
Cyd

Post by Cyd »

Hollywood's Burning wrote:European news outlets have been saying this for a long time - if Trump becomes the GOP candidate, it will be the best news the Dems could hope for. Trump is very popular among the cretin demographic, but out there in the big wide world the story is very different.
YES. The news is full of everybody around the world making fun of Trump daily. But it's a real tragedy the Euros ain't voting.
Inessence
Platinum Artist

Post by Inessence »

Bighole wrote:
Hollywood's Burning wrote:European news outlets have been saying this for a long time - if Trump becomes the GOP candidate, it will be the best news the Dems could hope for. Trump is very popular among the cretin demographic, but out there in the big wide world the story is very different.
YES. The news is full of everybody around the world making fun of Trump daily. But it's a real tragedy the Euros ain't voting.
Trump is rumored to be intentionally sabotaging the GOP's bid.
IggyPopWillEatItself wrote:
Inessence wrote:Whoa. I bought a cd of a band Iggy hasn't heard of before? :lol:
Yep, there's actually still a few left out there! :lol:
Cyd

Post by Cyd »

Here's more of the same.

Ex-Trump Insider: Donald Doesn’t Want to Be President

In an open letter to voters supporting Donald Trump in the Republican presidential primary, the former communications director of Trump’s now-defunct Super PAC said that the former reality television star not only never expected to be the Republican nominee, much less president, but never even wanted to be.

Writing for the website xojane.com, Stephanie Cegielski said that when she was brought aboard as communications director for the Make America Great Again PAC last summer, the instructions from Trump Tower were to make sure that Trump finished a respectable second in the GOP primary. It was made clear that Trump was running not as a serious contender, but as a “protest” candidate.

“I don't think even Trump thought he would get this far,” she wrote. “And I don’t even know that he wanted to, which is perhaps the scariest prospect of all.

“He certainly was never prepared or equipped to go all the way to the White House, but his ego has now taken over the driver's seat, and nothing else matters. The Donald does not fail. The Donald does not have any weakness.”

The Trump campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment on this story.

Cegielski, now an adjunct professor at New York University and the owner of a communications firm, said that she was a true believer herself when she was recruited to join the Super PAC.

“I was tired of the rhetoric in Washington. Negativity and stubbornness were at an all-time high, and the presidential prospects didn't look promising,” she wrote. In 2015, I fell in love with the idea of the protest candidate who was not bought by corporations. A man who sat in a Manhattan high-rise he had built, making waves as a straight talker with a business background, full of successes and failures, who wanted America to return to greatness. I was sold.”

But as time went on, she said, she came to realize that Trump’s entry into the race had always been about raising his own profile, not about actually winning a presidential nomination.

“Trump never intended to be the candidate. But his pride is too out of control to stop him now,” she wrote.

“He doesn't want the White House. He just wants to be able to say that he could have run the White House. He’s achieved that already and then some. If there is any question, take it from someone who was recruited to help the candidate succeed, and initially very much wanted him to do so.”

Cegielski, an attorney and the former vice president of public relations for the Public Relations Society of America, could be dismissed as a disgruntled former employee. The Trump campaign shut down the PAC that she worked for in October.

(Interestingly, Cegielski describes the move to shut the Super PAC as an “internal decision” made “in order to position him as the quintessential non-politician.” It’s unclear, but this at least suggests a degree of coordination between the campaign and the Super PAC, which would violate election laws.)

However, Cegielski said that she supported the decision to shut down the PAC and continued to support Trump “with great passion” afterward. It was only slowly, as she began to look at Trump “as a member of the voting public rather than a communications person charged with protecting his positions,” that she started to feel disillusioned.

In the end, she said, she decided that Trump is not an authentic voice for disaffected Americans alienated from Washington and left behind by the global economy.

Speaking to current Trump supporters, she wrote, “He is not that voice. He is not your voice. He is only Trump's voice.”
john3232
Headlining Clubs

Post by john3232 »

When Arnold Schwarzenegger decided to run for governor in California there was a laughter from the left. However, Arnold picked up a lot of support from voters who normally wouldn't vote Republican and won. I can see this happening with Trump as well. Trump is the only Rep. candidate which can possibly deliver NY and Pennsylvania. Add Kasich to the ticket and you`ve got Ohio. Trump should do much better with Black voters than other Rep. candidates. Instead of 5% he conceivably could reach 15% or more as his illegal immigration stance and job creation hype are appealing. As far as women voters go both men and women historically tend to rally around their party candidate come election time. Trump`s gaffs on abortion as well as bring up Cruz`s wife were blunders but Clinton is a candidate who oozes insincerity. Add to this a percentage of the Sanders base (much like the hard-core Trump support) that might sit the election out if their candidate isn't nominated and a Hillary victory is far from certain.
"Chinese Democracy is one of the most anticipated albums OF ALL TIME"
Brownstone658
maestro63
Headlining Clubs

Post by maestro63 »

GOD HELP USE IF WE HAVE 4 MORE YEARS OF A DEMOCRAT
SkeletorsGhost
Headlining Clubs

Post by SkeletorsGhost »

john3232 wrote:When Arnold Schwarzenegger decided to run for governor in California there was a laughter from the left. However, Arnold picked up a lot of support from voters who normally wouldn't vote Republican and won. I can see this happening with Trump as well. Trump is the only Rep. candidate which can possibly deliver NY and Pennsylvania. Add Kasich to the ticket and you`ve got Ohio. Trump should do much better with Black voters than other Rep. candidates. Instead of 5% he conceivably could reach 15% or more as his illegal immigration stance and job creation hype are appealing. As far as women voters go both men and women historically tend to rally around their party candidate come election time. Trump`s gaffs on abortion as well as bring up Cruz`s wife were blunders but Clinton is a candidate who oozes insincerity. Add to this a percentage of the Sanders base (much like the hard-core Trump support) that might sit the election out if their candidate isn't nominated and a Hillary victory is far from certain.
Media is totally under estimating Trump, as they did with Schwarzenegger, as they did with Ventura. Trump will win PA, DE, NJ, NY and probably MD as well. And when the stuff of Hillary defending a guy that raped a 12 year old girl comes out in general election, Trump will hammer her!

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comme ... l_assault/
U-94
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by U-94 »

I don't have any political beliefs outside of "MORE MONEY FOR ME, LESS FOR YOU" but I think Trump's hilarious. He'd be an entertaining change of pace for 4 years. I have no opinion on Hillary other than I find her voice annoying. Most of America is poor so by sheer numbers, it'd be ridiculous to assume they'd vote for the most flamboyant rich guy in the country. Someone should just start WW3 already and get all this fatalistic conjecture over with.
Someday you can cry for everyone
Who burned when you were clever
Cyd

Post by Cyd »

Trump 41%, Clinton 39% - Rasmussen Reports
May 2, 2016

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... clinton_39
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

Cyd

Post by Cyd »

^^ ^ Everybody on FB posted that one Rasmussen report I copied here. I'm going back there and give 'em the good news. It's a SLAUGHTER. Thanks for doing the leg work.
U-94
Signed One Album Deal on Indy Label

Post by U-94 »

That just tells you there's more poor people than rich people in America. Trump doesn't stand much of a chance getting poor dumb fucks on his side outside of pro wrestling style shit stirring. He could start doing the DX 'suck it' pose and win another couple thousand over.

That said, what kinda fag votes for that gremlin cunt Clinton.
Someday you can cry for everyone
Who burned when you were clever
Cyd

Post by Cyd »

Trump’s income tax returns once became public. They showed he didn’t pay a cent.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... id=UP72DHP