Rich Holt is an alt.

For musicians looking to join other bands or for trying to find people to join their bands.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Rich Holt is an alt.

Post by Woosh »

How did I come to this conclusion, you may ask?

Well, it's simple. The Holt Theory: He calls himself Rich Holt (which I've always assumed is a play on Steve Holt, because of the "Rich Holt!/Steve Holt!" thing people do). He claims to be 14 years old. Arrested Development made it's initial run from 2003-2006, although I guess it's still airing in syndication now. This means he would have been, what, 9 when Steve Holt made his character debut on the program. "But, Woosh", you say, "he could have seen the show after the fact!" Yes, that's true, but I don't think if Rich Holt was a real 14 year old, as he presents himself here, that he would have the intellectual capacity to appreciate Arrested Development. I'm not saying it requires a genius to pick up on the jokes or anything, I'm just saying he's (the Rich Holt nym, not the poster behind it) not that smart.

I feel really bad about Rich Holt being an alt, because he actually got me to insult him once, and now I feel like I got played, because I took his bait. He was being an idiot on purpose. Why post it here, in the dub? Hardly anyone posts here, much less Rich Holt, right? Well, "Rich Holt" might not be the type, but the person behind him could be.

So, congratulations "Rich", you got me! If the person behind it would please PM me or perhaps reveal themselves in this thread that's really nice. Hopefully, it's not somebody I respect, because I think it's a poorly executed alt and p. unfunny, unless the intent is simply to be annoying, in which case, I guess it is p. funny.

tl;dr: I never hated one true Rich Holt, but the Rich Holt who was portrayed by a person I hated.

P.S.: If you disagree with me, feel free to post a rebuttal. The manner in which I came to this conclusion may be off, but I'm 99% confident that I've discovered sludge truth.

Knuckman, I'm looking at you.
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
knuckles.is.contractual
Headlining Clubs

Re: Rich Holt is an alt.

Post by knuckles.is.contractual »

RICH HOLT!

That's the first time I've done that. I think. I sort of hate it when people go "RICH FUCKIN HOLT" cuz that wasn't the thing. That I remember.
deathcurse
I Wanna Be Somebody

Post by deathcurse »

knuckles.is.contractual wrote:RICH HOLT!

That's the first time I've done that. I think. I sort of hate it when people go "RICH FUCKIN HOLT" cuz that wasn't the thing. That I remember.
I started the "RICH HOLT!" thing, for better or worse, and you're right, it was never "RICH FUCKIN HOLT," as it was always meant to be a nod to AD.
SexxAtraxxion wrote:You are horrible at message board entertainment.
saracapri
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by saracapri »

RICH FUCKING HOLT! is not an alt and I'm not giving up RICH FUCKING HOLT! posting because it amuses me. Perhaps someone is GELUS because they want to be KNUCKLES IS FUCKING CONTRACTUAL! Sorry, man, it just doesn't roll off the keyboard as nice.
GreazyNutz wrote:Dale Jr never calls in to work. Even after his pappy got kilt by Sterling Marlin, he was right back to racin the next week.
knuckles.is.contractual
Headlining Clubs

I have like 20 nicknames sludge people call me. I have trouble recognizing that they're talking to me as it is. I don't need more! Though I'm gonna go ahead and guess I wouldn't have much trouble recognizing that one. Anyways, I hate swearing so I would hate it if people called me that.
Calexxia
Cockblocked by Poison
Location: HERE I AM MOTHERFUCKER, JUST CLEANING UP MY MOTHERFUCKING BRICKS, BITCH.

Post by Calexxia »

knuckles.is.contractual wrote:I have like 20 nicknames sludge people call me. I have trouble recognizing that they're talking to me as it is. I don't need more! Though I'm gonna go ahead and guess I wouldn't have much trouble recognizing that one. Anyways, I hate swearing so I would hate it if people called me that.
So you'd REALLY hate bein' called fuckles.is.contractual, eh?
"Why leather woman post whore picture of breast!! That is for baby food and husband not internets!!"
knuckles.is.contractual
Headlining Clubs

D=
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

Having never seen A.D. until last month, I had no idea what the RICH HOLT! thing was about. It's lucky I didn't wait my usual 15 years to check out the show or I'd be in the dark a little longer.
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

Man, I laughed so hard at DC's first "Rich Holt!"
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

There's probably some truth to that.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Bridget
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bridget »

IDIAMINDADA wrote:
Bridget wrote:Having never seen A.D. until last month, I had no idea what the RICH HOLT! thing was about. It's lucky I didn't wait my usual 15 years to check out the show or I'd be in the dark a little longer.
I know, I am dying for you to finally get to watching Dallas so we can talk about who shot JR.
Yay! Give me a few years.
J. D.
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by J. D. »

I think if he is an alt, he's still British, because he knows his shit about the education system and the like. I'm not so sure, I just think he could be almost obliviously dense - i.e. a typical 15 year old.
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

J. D. wrote:he could be almost obliviously dense - i.e. a typical 15 year old.
That's where we will have to disagree, because, while a typical 15 year old may be "dense", he/she would most likely not be posting at Metal Sludge--in the year 2010!
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
EvilRockPosh
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by EvilRockPosh »

MurrayFiend wrote:Man, I laughed so hard at DC's first "Rich Holt!"
I did too and I'm still laughing because I'm pretty sure Rich has no fucking idea why people keep shouting his name at him. If he ever reads this thread, it'll probably be the first time he's ever heard of AD.
Nunose wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:59 am Goddamn this shit is exhausting...and people still believe his shit.

You can tell all the people who have been bought and paid for by big pharma

Kiss
Metal Sludge
etc..