You thought the Dub was bad? Let's talk about Chat

For musicians looking to join other bands or for trying to find people to join their bands.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

You thought the Dub was bad? Let's talk about Chat

Post by Woosh »

What can we do to create a more vibrant and engaging chat community for people who have an aptitude for the chatting arts? It's easy to complain and say something sucks, which is something a faggot like Idi would do, but it takesa go-getter to fix the problem. I want to get together with the crew and work on this, if the desire is there.

Problems:
1. Blast chat is a bitch. I hate to complain, because it's a free utility I get to use, but it would be like somebody offering me free chips that were fucking stale. I get booted out of chat EVERY TIME. and can almost never log back in.

2. I suspect the second problem is due to the first, but the general unreliability of chat has led many people to forsake it, or at least I did and i heard a few other people did too. We rarely have synchronization. Chat can be good spur-of-the moment, in fact, some of the best are, but sometimes it would be good to have it planned, almost like a real, irl event. we could even center chats around interactive things like watching something in real time together or some other gay shit.

3. Knuckman deserves more respect. This can't be avoided anymore.

There are probably other problems. Myabe someone knows the big boss of chat at blast who can have some insight to help us with his/her incredibly kind and valluable resource. Maybe we need to finally get a Sludge chat, or find out what steps would be necessary. There are free options, but would it be worth it to put a bit of cash in the pot for a nice sludge chat? Let's have a discourse.
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
violetbleu
Sister Honky Tonk

Re: You thought the Dub was bad? Let's talk about Chat

Post by violetbleu »

Try updating your flash player. That was usually the reason people would get booted.
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

everything is updated on my end, so it can't be that.

nice av, btw. and i don't throw "nice av" around in a nonchalant manner.
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
MurrayFiend
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by MurrayFiend »

For all its flaws, I kinda like Chat the way it is. I've been trying to make the most of the time I have in there when I feel compelled to enter, knowing I could be booted at any second. I really wouldn't complain about a better venue, but I'm not all "better must come" about it.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

I think sometimes I care too much; but only because I want to be able to say I helped make something better. I think it's a result of constantly hearing people pine for the old days, and being nostalgic every day. why wouldn't someone like that want something to look forward to, you know.

You're probably right, I agree with you in my heart, but there is that part of me that can visualize improvements. If nothing else changes, the fear of being kicked out at any second and not being able to get back has to be corrected. I do believe that is a reasonable complaint. although, like i said, i'm complaining about a free service; a privilege. so i kinda feel like a shithead.
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Yeah, well everything you're saying is completely legitimate. There are probably good ideas that can come of this, but fuck... I need to go to bed.
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Any chicks on this board like Sean Connery or Roger Moore?
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

I hear you man, me too. This is probably the most I've posted in months in the past two hours, though. I've been unusually productive posting tonight. If I did this everyday, only then would I understand what it meant to be Iggy.
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

:lol:

I'll definitely think about the chat thing, though. I do think there are ways the experience could be improved in a way that'd make me want to experience it more. You know?
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

Yeah. I'll sleep on it. Maybe some more people will check this thread out tomorrow.
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
exitflagger
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by exitflagger »

Blast chat has never kicked me out. I've had it freeze up temporarily but it always comes back after giving it a few seconds.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Really? I get booted every stinkin' time, but unlike Woosh I never have any problem getting back in.
saracapri
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by saracapri »

violetbleu wrote:Try updating your flash player. That was usually the reason people would get booted.
You never told ME that. I guess you just laughed at me when I'd get booted!
GreazyNutz wrote:Dale Jr never calls in to work. Even after his pappy got kilt by Sterling Marlin, he was right back to racin the next week.
CrouchingStonerHiddenBong
Queen Bee

Post by CrouchingStonerHiddenBong »

MurrayFiend wrote:Really? I get booted every stinkin' time, but unlike Woosh I never have any problem getting back in.
Same here - same time every fucking night. And like Gary Busey's sobriety, my Flash is GOOD.

Shit makes me not want to start a conversation with Woosh because I know we're just going to get interrupted by The_Boot and he'll never come back.

Shit sucks.
tym wrote:She makes My air head 11 year old Girl look like Nikita Tesla.
saracapri
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by saracapri »

We need a good chat, here on Sludge. I will be the moderator.
GreazyNutz wrote:Dale Jr never calls in to work. Even after his pappy got kilt by Sterling Marlin, he was right back to racin the next week.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

saracapri wrote:We need a good chat, here on Sludge. I will be the moderator.
I vote "yes" on this.
CrouchingStonerHiddenBong
Queen Bee

Post by CrouchingStonerHiddenBong »

I don't see it happening - last time we had one, there was way too much drama among the moderators and people were calling Stevie at home about it, so he yanked it.
tym wrote:She makes My air head 11 year old Girl look like Nikita Tesla.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

Wow, those people fucking suck.
Woosh
Cap'n Creamy Pee

Post by Woosh »

Cannot blame him if people were calling him at home about a fucking chatroom. That would get old, and fast.

Hypothetically, we could have a selective chatroom, couldn't we? I mean, is there any way to keep disruptive or unwanted aspects out? There has to be some way, something we could do.
And we don't have to have an official Metal Sludge chatroom, just because people who post at Sludge would be chatting there. I only posted at Blast once or twice-probably only once. I don't want the fact that Metal Sludge, as a business entity or whatever, isn't interested in maintaining one, in fact, it's totally understandable. We could call the chatroom "The Rainbow Cheeseburger Discussion Zone" for all I care, as long as there was somewhere available for us to chill.
How does one go about acquiring a chatroom, how much does it cost/ what would have to be done? I would be willing to contribute financially, if someone knew what had to be done/or how to go about it (I don't really have a clue where to begin). I mean, if anyone can brainstorm or has any ideas/suggestions, I'm all ears.
IF UR ONE OF US THEN
saracapri
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by saracapri »

Look, the only way we'd ever have a successful, ongoing chatroom is if it were here on Sludge. Why don't you take up a collection like you did to ban itwalks? I'm sure Stevie needs shoes too.
MurrayFiend

Post by MurrayFiend »

I don't want sara in moderation, but sara as a moderator doesn't sound too bad.