I have some great reel to reel 4-tracks on eBay ending tmw

A place to trade or sell rare music related items.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Dirk McQuickly
Showcasing for A&R Reps

I have some great reel to reel 4-tracks on eBay ending tmw

Post by Dirk McQuickly »

Led Zep III, Black Sabbath Paranoid and a lot of other cool stuff from that era if anyone is interested

http://www.ebay.com/sch/lonnieman/m.htm ... AIT&_sop=3
"I have spent much money on booze, gambling, females and rock n' roll... the rest I have just squandered"
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: I have some great reel to reel 4-tracks on eBay ending t

Post by Turner Coates »

Wowzer!
Interesting stuff.
You should do pretty well with it.

"The worst celebrity golf cheat? I wish I could tell you that. It would be a shocker. I played golf with Donald Trump one time. That's all I'm going to say." - Alice Cooper
Dirk McQuickly
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by Dirk McQuickly »

Thanks and I think so too... a result of one of my better days at the thrift store. I snagged a nice Sony reel to reel player for $8 as well. The tapes were fifty cents a piece. I thought hard about keeping them but for the amount of time I would actually listen to them Vs the value I just couldn't justify that
"I have spent much money on booze, gambling, females and rock n' roll... the rest I have just squandered"
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

Dirk McQuickly wrote:Thanks and I think so too... a result of one of my better days at the thrift store. I snagged a nice Sony reel to reel player for $8 as well. The tapes were fifty cents a piece. I thought hard about keeping them but for the amount of time I would actually listen to them Vs the value I just couldn't justify that
Some collectors prefer the sound of those tapes over the original vinyl, and in some cases, the mixes are different. I have a few CDs that were burned from the commercial reel to reels. In the case of Todd Rundgren's "A Wizard A True Star", it's the best sounding version I've ever found.

"The worst celebrity golf cheat? I wish I could tell you that. It would be a shocker. I played golf with Donald Trump one time. That's all I'm going to say." - Alice Cooper
Dirk McQuickly
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by Dirk McQuickly »

I've been having a blast playing around with them for the last couple weeks since I found them and absolutely see what you're saying. Kind of ironic as I wanted one SO bad when I was a kid. If times weren't a little tough right now I wouldn't be letting them go either. Have been listening to the Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazlewood one this morning and it sounds amazing. Not to mention there is something so cool about just watching those reels spinning around as the tunes pour out of the speakers