NIN Got Some Crazy Bitches, Part Trois

The most feared Groupie Board on the internet!

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BaGawker2.0
Blowing Advance from Record Label

Re: NIN Got Some Crazy Bitches, Part Trois

Post by BaGawker2.0 »

jar wrote:
BaGawker2.0 wrote:yep and he is using some kind of muter too (i know a little guitar shit) and im getting the terminator salvation remix of day the whole world went away vibe off this too

I thought it was a barre. Cos he can't play for shit? So needs that to do the chords.

(loltastic. "Hello, my name's TRONT rezbore and I am a big rock star. I can't play guitar, steal my ideas off less fortunate musicians and fiddle on a keyboard to make my musical existence seem worthwhile.")
Hasnt that been the joke forever? that trent plays the power chords and robin or aaron or LMFAO richard played the legit guitar stuff.
jar
Picking a Band Name

Post by jar »

BaGawker2.0 wrote: Hasnt that been the joke forever? that trent plays the power chords and robin or aaron or LMFAO richard played the legit guitar stuff.
I think the joke was that TRONt pretended he didn't...

That's basically why NIN sucks and never made it into the main main stream. Cos Rezbore can't write a riff to save him self. Why? Cos he can't play the guitar... You hear any interesting guitar line in NIN's songs and its Aaron (witha the teetha) or FInck. (i don't care what the liner notes say).
RichardL
Recording Your Demo

Post by RichardL »

Nine Inch Nails did make it into the mainstream. The mid 1990s and Closer. Closer has been on many countdowns of One Hit Wonders in the 1990s.
jar
Picking a Band Name

Post by jar »

RichardL wrote:Nine Inch Nails did make it into the mainstream. The mid 1990s and Closer. Closer has been on many countdowns of One Hit Wonders in the 1990s.
Main Mainstream, a la Metallica (for want of a better example)

Closer? meh, that song was only popular for its shock value lyrics "I want to fuck you like an animal".
RichardL
Recording Your Demo

Post by RichardL »

Nine Inch Nails were main mainstream like Metallica in the mid to late 1990s, and they sold out tons of shows. Did you know that Trent made Time Magazine's top 25 influential people of 1997?
http://www.theninhotline.net/archives/a ... time.shtml
And many great covers on Rolling Stone?
I know it's hard to believe now that it was the same person.
jar
Picking a Band Name

Post by jar »

RichardL wrote:Nine Inch Nails were main mainstream like Metallica in the mid to late 1990s, and they sold out tons of shows. Did you know that Trent made Time Magazine's top 25 influential people of 1997?

A fan was responsible for that entry in the Time Magazine list. They admitted it when this three ring circus of a last year was mid way through. some chick nagged her boyfriend to put him on it.

I don't know if I agree with you on the Mainstream thing. While I wouldn't ever call NIN indy, I wouldn't every really think of them as top 20 either. I would say Downward Spiral, mid 90s, was the peak of NIN fame, correct, but not astronomically famous. NIN never got the radio plays. Why? Because the music just isn't that accessible and won't sell advertising. And still isn't despite TRONt's effects to line his pockets with money not only from the tears of goths.

I will say this though. Tront was lucky Cobain killed himself the year the downward spiral came out.... I reckon THAT has a fuck load to do with its success.
BigBang
Forming a Band

Post by BigBang »

jar wrote:
RichardL wrote:Nine Inch Nails were main mainstream like Metallica in the mid to late 1990s, and they sold out tons of shows. Did you know that Trent made Time Magazine's top 25 influential people of 1997?

Tront's

I will say this though. Tront was lucky Cobain killed himself the year the downward spiral came out.... I reckon THAT has a fuck load to do with its success.

Tackiest comment ever posted on MetalSludge. What a coincidence :roll: So Trent wants to do the score for Tron now so I hear?
Last edited by BigBang on Sun May 02, 2010 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BigBang
Forming a Band

Post by BigBang »

And many great covers on Rolling Stone?
amouthfulofsin220
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by amouthfulofsin220 »

jar wrote:I will say this though. Tront was lucky Cobain killed himself the year the downward spiral came out.... I reckon THAT has a fuck load to do with its success.
You're dropping bombs all over this thread tonight, Jar. :o That's a low blow, dude.
jar wrote:And still isn't despite TRONt's effects to line his pockets with money not only from the tears of goths.
The term captured my imagination. I'm sure they smell like rubbing alcohol and incense, and taste like new PVC...

RichardL:

Seriously, "man" - how can you breathe??

Buahahahahaha *breath* hahahahahaHAHAHA

P.S. - (I saw this on the gossip board and thought it would go over well here)
Your voice is the delicate string, the sound of my name on your lips the gentle tug that keeps me grounded...

Pressing Flowers - The Civil Wars
jar
Picking a Band Name

Post by jar »

amouthfulofsin220 wrote:
You're dropping bombs all over this thread tonight, Jar. :o That's a low blow, dude.
Yeah I realized i was going to hell for three millennia instead of two the second I reread that. But then I figured I'll go to hell for four millennia instead of three for not speaking my mind. I dunno may be if i put it more gentler next time and reword it something like:

People had suicide on their minds that year, with the tragic passing of frontman Kurt Cobain (RIP) and because of this perhaps wanted to heal with something that would provide them with a window of understanding into why such a man would take his own life, therefore maybe taking solace in the music of the downward spiral. Which seemed like a godsend, with its timing, being released only a few months before. Its' creator, of course, not wanting to trivialize the subject of suicide by making millions of dollars off of the album.

nah. I am not even buying that and I wrote it.

What kinda douche sells suicide? And does not donate a cent to a charity that might actually prevent one?
What kinda douche talks about how he wanted to commit suicide to drum up press to promote the follow up album? I guess the same douche that tells his fan base "to cut along the vein" and never apologizes for it.
amouthfulofsin220

He apologized for the cutting comment...in his own way, I guess. :lol:

Anyways, I will say this: you're talking about a rock musician here, not an international philanthropist.

He sold his soul for the almighty dollar (and maybe the pussy), but not to be a shining example of selflessness to millions of his fapping fans.

Don't get me wrong - I get your point, but I think you're expecting too much.
Your voice is the delicate string, the sound of my name on your lips the gentle tug that keeps me grounded...

BigBang
Forming a Band

Post by BigBang »

jar wrote:
amouthfulofsin220 wrote:
Yeah I realized i was going to hell for three millennia instead of two the second I reread that. But then I figured I'll go to hell for four millennia instead of three for not speaking my mind. I dunno may be if i put it more gentler next time and reword it something like:

People had suicide on their minds that year, with the tragic passing of frontman Kurt Cobain (RIP) and because of this perhaps wanted to heal with something that would provide them with a window of understanding into why such a man would take his own life, therefore maybe taking solace in the music of the downward spiral. Which seemed like a godsend, with its timing, being released only a few months before. Its' creator, of course, not wanting to trivialize the subject of suicide by making millions of dollars off of the album.

nah. I am not even buying that and I wrote it.

What kinda douche sells suicide? And does not donate a cent to a charity that might actually prevent one?
What kinda douche talks about how he wanted to commit suicide to drum up press to promote the follow up album? I guess the same douche that tells his fan base "to cut along the vein" and never apologizes for it.
the one that doesn't give a sh___. For a moment there it look like you were saying Trent Reznor had some responsibilty for the loss of Kurt Cobain.
jar
Picking a Band Name

Post by jar »

amouthfulofsin220 wrote: Don't get me wrong - I get your point, but I think you're expecting too much.

Oh I know I am. it just amuses me how many goths used to equate him with jesus for some reason.
BigBang
Forming a Band

Post by BigBang »

jar wrote:
amouthfulofsin220 wrote: Don't get me wrong - I get your point, but I think you're expecting too much.

Oh I know I am. it just amuses me how many goths used to equate him with jesus for some reason.

Genevieve McGraw, You're still TACKY, Saying Trent is lucky for Kurt Cobain's suicide. IOW, someone elses loss is someone's monetary gain. Sounds just like you. You don't care who dies as long as you it fills your wallet with bills, right NINCAMP.

...awaiting the we're so "jealous of her and Trent" comebacks. NIN camp really think they are something else without realizing they are repulsing people and there are no fans left.
Last edited by BigBang on Sun May 02, 2010 10:45 pm, edited 6 times in total.
amouthfulofsin220

jar wrote:

It does me too...but credit must be given where it's due - this is a grown assed man who wore raspberry colored lipstick, leather booty shorts, and fishnet stockings for his "art".

I guess they felt like paying him homage for his worthy sacrifice in the name of gothdom.

EDIT*

@Big Bang - say what now?

jar
Picking a Band Name

Post by jar »

amouthfulofsin220 wrote:

EDIT*

@Big Bang - say what now?
who is supposed to be her? me or you? that's the most LOLs i have had all night.
apple_of_soddom
Picking a Band Name

Post by apple_of_soddom »

by the way did anybody notice the beautiful ring on his ringfinger !
mhm, so he really wears one. TAcky
jar
Picking a Band Name

Post by jar »

apple_of_soddom wrote:by the way did anybody notice the beautiful ring on his ringfinger !

that seemed to be the whole point of that video. "LOOK AT ME!!!!!!1!1!!1 I AM ACTUALLY MARRIED!!1!!!!!"
BigBang
Forming a Band

Post by BigBang »

jar wrote:
apple_of_soddom wrote:by the way did anybody notice the beautiful ring on his ringfinger !

that seemed to be the whole point of that video. "LOOK AT ME!!!!!!1!1!!1 I AM ACTUALLY MARRIED!!1!!!!!"

AND?
apple_of_soddom
Picking a Band Name

Post by apple_of_soddom »

ahhh now i get it ! was already wondering what that whole video was about. this is no riff, no cool noise or freaky sounds. just plain dull guitar droning.
BigBang
Forming a Band

Post by BigBang »

I'm reading a review now and they are calling it "sounds" and not calling it music. :lol:
misanthropia
Playing Frat Parties

Post by misanthropia »

What the fuck is this shit?

I guess it's Troll Shift Change. Jackass Wold must've told Herr Reznerd that he's put in his 80 hours for the week :D
amouthfulofsin220

BigBang wrote:I'm reading a review now and they are calling it "sounds" and not calling it music. :lol:
"sounds" in my ass

BigBang
Forming a Band

Post by BigBang »

amouthfulofsin220 wrote:
BigBang wrote:I'm reading a review now and they are calling it "sounds" and not calling it music. :lol:
"sounds" in my ass
:lol:
misanthropia
Playing Frat Parties

Post by misanthropia »

amouthfulofsin220 wrote:"sounds" in my ass
:mrgreen:
austin
Saving Up For a Guitar

Post by austin »

I realize this "How to Destroy Angels" music clip ( or "How to Recycle Old Unoriginal Sounds" and destroy people's ears, insult their intelligence, bore them to tears, etc.) is old news, but if that is the best this "artistic" team can come up with, then it is unimpressive so far. Just my opinion, but there might be enough diehard NIN fans who'll buy his crap to keep him in business. I guess artists try to change & update their sound and move on, but this latest musical fart of Ternt's will flop.
slipthewrist wrote:
amouthfulofsin220 wrote:
Orionslavegirl1 wrote:News

http://howtodestroyangels.com/home.html
Interesting...I like how there's pencil marks above that thing she was pulling so she knows where to put her fingers. Mad Skillz!

Musically, that taste sounded like what I figured it would sound like... She doesn't have much a voice (I'm not trying to be mean, it's just a fact) , so she needs all that going on to kinda cover up that fact.

TR produced MM, and that fucker couldn't sing for shit, but they made it work (although it helped that Brian could put on a *hell* of a show).

We'll soon see whether he still has the touch.
Yeah, I saw that shit too. What the fuck does rubber thing do/
Wikkedsyn
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by Wikkedsyn »

austin wrote:I realize this "How to Destroy Angels" music clip ( or "How to Recycle Old Unoriginal Sounds" and destroy people's ears, insult their intelligence, bore them to tears, etc.) is old news, but if that is the best this "artistic" team can come up with, then it is unimpressive so far. Just my opinion, but there might be enough diehard NIN fans who'll buy his crap to keep him in business. I guess artists try to change & update their sound and move on, but this latest musical fart of Ternt's will flop.

Very well said. He was so eager to blabber on about being with a great woman, yet he spent day and night fighting internet bullies instead of being with her.

I guess, all he knows how to do is copy other musicians, redo the same shit over and over. Like you said, the sheep will buy it, just to get one step closer to Rez's asshole.
"A recent promotional image from How To Destroy Angels is the first solid evidence to confirm rumors that Reznor's nose has gone missing. On a positive note, it appears as if his neck has been reunited after a lengthy absence."~tdc
Orionslavegirl1
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Orionslavegirl1 »

I'm going to be the devils advocate in this situation and say that Trent has found a particular sound style that he is comfortable with , Who is to say that it is right or wrong?

And on a similar note, could three different Forty Second clips actually give you an accurate picture what it sounds like???

Now with that said my opinion is this- Trent has changed his sound before( TDS is different than The Fragile which is different than With Teeth) but in recent years he is milking this electronic sound with mumbled lyrics. It won't work anymore. There is no "bad guy" in government to denounce and the whole "I'm an emotional outsider" persona is a blatant lie and if his sheep believe it well they are blind as they are stupid. Rob can do better than rehashing his Ghosts/Fragile imagery-which were absolutely beautiful (hence why i use one for my twitter background. I respect Rob as an artist)THE BIGGEST MISTAKE THEY CAN MAKE is if they let her sing!. To the three forty second clips- have you ever seen a trailer for a movie an KNEW it was going to be bad??? This is what it feels like. When the Fragile and WT trailers came out-i was salivating for more. This makes me want to go back to my old albums and try to find the similarities( and if that was his intent-then bravo)
Wikkedsyn
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by Wikkedsyn »

Orionslavegirl1 wrote: To the three forty second clips- have you ever seen a trailer for a movie an KNEW it was going to be bad???
in regard to those clips..I'm gonna quote Trent...
""You know that feeling you get when somebody embarrasses themselves so badly YOU feel uncomfortable?" he wrote. "Heard Chris Cornell's record? Jesus.""

but edited instead to read.... ""You know that feeling you get when somebody embarrasses themselves so badly YOU feel uncomfortable?" "Heard and saw HTDA's video clips. Jesus.""
"A recent promotional image from How To Destroy Angels is the first solid evidence to confirm rumors that Reznor's nose has gone missing. On a positive note, it appears as if his neck has been reunited after a lengthy absence."~tdc
citrinecastle
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by citrinecastle »

The woman is clearly pretty. Dark hair, high-collared leather jacket. Slightly pensive, thousand-yard stare, despite the black bar of neener-neener. But is it the work of the marriage between Trent Reznor and wife Mariqueen Maandig? The gossip mill is burning up with fevered discussion.

Sent just several hours ago, a brief press announcement stated that a band, How to Destroy Angels, would release a “Self-titled 6-track EP out this summer. Exact date TBA.” Typical Reznorian shortspeak? Possibly. But the black-painted nails twirling knobs in the clip on the official “band” website would certainly produce the type of darkly sexual noise the Nine Inch Nails frontman and his former West Indian Girl specialize in.

And now back to your 118th viewing of “Born Free.”

Darkly sexual noise???? Pfffft.

And please, what's with all the damn articles that go 'oh maybe it's Mariqueen?' As if we all don't know it's her for fuck's sake. Kinda like with that slowly disappearing black bar over her eyes...reallllllllly clever (hardly). What? When we can see her wonky eyes, is that when the 'album' will be released? Oh tease me more.

*eye roll*

The suspense is killing me.

*yawn*

No really it is.

*zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*
:roll: