NIN Got Some Crazy Bitches, Part Trois

The most feared Groupie Board on the internet!

Moderator: Metal Sludge

apple_of_soddom
Picking a Band Name

Re: NIN Got Some Crazy Bitches, Part Trois

Post by apple_of_soddom »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kOFGI0p ... r_embedded

well, duh.... i guess he should really take a break...
JoJo30
Opening for Slaughter

Post by JoJo30 »

apple_of_soddom wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kOFGI0p ... r_embedded

What the heck was that??!? I don't know which was worse-using and abusing a cool Led Zepplin song or announcing the movie will be:
"The Feel Bad Movie of the Christmas Season."

Over kill much?
vladtepes
Forming a Band

Post by vladtepes »

apple_of_soddom wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kOFGI0p ... r_embedded

Damn it!!! I love Daniel Craig.. Soooo now I am going to have to sit throught a shitty sound track for this movie!! Looks like I will stay with the Swedish version.

Apple I agree he needs to do more than take a break. I wonder if he is going to let the wife sing on the soundtrack?
Duck tape can't fix stupid
"Zuzz | 7/22/2009, 4:06 am EST :Nine Inch Fail Whale"
amouthfulofsin220
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by amouthfulofsin220 »

http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2011/05/t ... rant-song/

I don't know, ladies (and gentlemen).

The song doesn't suck. In fact, it's pretty damn good.
Your voice is the delicate string, the sound of my name on your lips the gentle tug that keeps me grounded...

Pressing Flowers - The Civil Wars
EvilNTent
Recording Your Demo

Post by EvilNTent »

[quote="amouthfulofsin220"][url]http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2011/05/t ... rant-song/[/url]

The song doesn't suck. In fact, it's pretty damn good.[/quote]

Yeah, it's a great song.

When Led Zeppelin does it. This version? Not.

Mind you, Led Zeppelin is a sacred cow in this house. Trent isn't good enough to cover them in my opinion.

Trent needs to stick to doing what he does best. Whispering. Recording his air conditioner unit, singing over it & calling it art, that kind of thing.

He bores me. Sorry.
ManWithSpockEars
Wannabe Rocker

Post by ManWithSpockEars »

EvilNTent wrote:
amouthfulofsin220 wrote:http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2011/05/t ... rant-song/

Yeah, it's a great song.

Mind you, Led Zeppelin is a sacred cow in this house. Trent isn't good enough to cover them in my opinion.

Trent needs to stick to doing what he does best. Whispering. Recording his air conditioner unit, singing over it & calling it art, that kind of thing.

He bores me. Sorry.
I saw this comment before it was removed.

No wonder the whole world hates America. They take good things and claim it as their own. Reznor and Fincher suck each others assholes.
JoJo30
Opening for Slaughter

Post by JoJo30 »

EvilNTent wrote:

Yeah, it's a great song.

He bores me. Sorry.
My feelings exactly. Thanks.
Orionslavegirl1
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Orionslavegirl1 »

I saw yesterday and the NINtards are kissing his ass. What the fuck for? A remix? I'm sorry, but this is one of those songs thatnshould never ever be touched. H took out everything that made this song great and bastardized it by making it sound like Nine inch nails. The only thing I don't hate about it is Karen O from the yeah yeah yeahs singing. It could have been Mariqueen. And that would have been an ever more offensive crime,

I dont see why they remade these movies anyway.
JoJo30
Opening for Slaughter

Post by JoJo30 »

Orionslavegirl1 wrote:I dont see why they remade these movies anyway.
To turn a buck and because the dumbed down masses hate to read subtitles. I know, I think a remake was unnecessary too.
EvilNtent wrote: Fragile should have been a streamlined single album. Way too much pretentious filler. On the other hand, without the second disc, it probably wouldn't have gone gold since each disc counts in terms of sales. If TR doesn't appreciate people mentioning his album to him, it's probably because it was & continues to be a major humiliation for him. His PR people spent years carefully putting together a phony persona for him of tortured musical genius. A persona he bought into 150%. The Fragile took a HUGE chink out of that persona. It's really hard to look like a genius when you spend over five years & millions (and I mean MILLIONS) of dollars putting together a double album that doesn't even begin to sell enough to pay it's excessive production costs. It simply was not commercial. At all. No singles. No "Closer" to thrill the middle school kids with "Fuck you like an animal" . So it sank like a stone. His image, his reputation never recovered from that. He knows it. For all of his (hilarious to me) posturing about the record companies & how he's above all of that, who needs them, blah blah blah he's simply not attractive to the large companies & the smaller, boutique companies who would love to have his name on their label, can't afford to take on his debts & his lavish spending on inferior product such as HTDA that don't sell. That's record business 101.
I had no idea the effects of the Fragile's failure or its production costs soared into the millions. So here is my question since I know little about the recording industry:
Is he paying for HTDA out of his own pocket? You know loans, 2nd mortage, that type of thing? I saw those HTDA CDs for sale at the local Best Buy when they 1st came out with a $22 price tag and was surprised. Usually new releases are 1st released on sale. Anyway they didn't seem to move and now the local Best Buy is trying to unload them. Are there really enough NINions left to support him?
EvilNTent
Recording Your Demo

Post by EvilNTent »

[quote="Orionslavegirl1"] The only thing I don't hate about it is Karen O from the yeah yeah yeahs singing. It could have been Mariqueen. And that would have been an ever more offensive crime,[/quote]

No chance for that. Mariqueen couldn't hit those notes with a gun to the back of her head. That song is for real singers.

BTW: That would also leave out Mr.Self Destruct. Man, I'd hate to hear him try & sing that. He might be able to whisper it.

[quote="jojo30"] To turn a buck and because the dumbed down masses hate to read subtitles. I know, I think a remake was unnecessary too.

Exactly. The first "Girl" was amazing. The second is superfluous. Even with The Tortured Genius doing the soundtrack.

[quote="jojo30"] Is he paying for HTDA out of his own pocket? You know loans, 2nd mortage, that type of thing? I saw those HTDA CDs for sale at the local Best Buy when they 1st came out with a $22 price tag and was surprised. Usually new releases are 1st released on sale. Anyway they didn't seem to move and now the local Best Buy is trying to unload them. Are there really enough NINions left to support him?

Oh yeah, he paid for recording that. Who else would have? TR's cash cow has been touring & has been for years. Which would be the reason for the nearly non stop Welcome Back My Friends To The Show That Never Ends touring since 2000. If the albums aren't moving, the cash has to come from somewhere & the NIN eBay sales weren't paying for a lot of extras.

Are there really enough NINions left to support him?

Good question, especially given his actions the last few years. I've said before that a good portion of his audience has ALWAYS been hopeful, delusional females. Given the absolute fury over his association/marriage with Mariqueen, I will be curious how much if any of this trickles down to his ticket sales. His last tour wasn't exactly a fabulous success so I'll be interested to see how many more empty seats his marriage & charming personality brings him.

NINwatching: Always a spectator sport for Evil. Always entertaining. Always this side of pathetic.

Have a lovely day, y'all. :)
amouthfulofsin220

That golden statuette works, doesn't it?

It was either that, or Karen really liked Fight Club. And Broken.
EvilNTent wrote:I've said before that a good portion of his audience has ALWAYS been hopeful, delusional females. Given the absolute fury over his association/marriage with Mariqueen, I will be curious how much if any of this trickles down to his ticket sales. His last tour wasn't exactly a fabulous success so I'll be interested to see how many more empty seats his marriage & charming personality brings him.
Ha ha.

You know there have to be some hardy whores in the bunch who now feel they are called to wrest him from the Q's polished claws.

As for his personality (or lack thereof), it doesn't matter. They just want the cachet of having been fucked like an animal by the Squire of Dimness hisownself. They're about as interested in his "hopes and dreams" as he is of theirs.
EvilNTent wrote:If TR doesn't appreciate people mentioning his album to him, it's probably because it was & continues to be a major humiliation for him. His PR people spent years carefully putting together a phony persona for him of tortured musical genius. A persona he bought into 150%. The Fragile took a HUGE chink out of that persona. It's really hard to look like a genius when you spend over five years & millions (and I mean MILLIONS) of dollars putting together a double album that doesn't even begin to sell enough to pay it's excessive production costs. It simply was not commercial. At all. No singles. No "Closer" to thrill the middle school kids with "Fuck you like an animal" . So it sank like a stone. His image, his reputation never recovered from that. He knows it.
Now that we're on the subject of delusion...

Considering the radically different material, his handlers must've fed him quite a line to make him believe that everything was going to be alright in the end.

Kinda like "This is gonna rule harder than Pink Floyd and Bowie and [insert band/artist here] rolled together. You're going to elevated to the dizzying heights of a rock deity."

Sure, he was shilling out the bullshit, but I'm genuinely surprised that when it made the rounds and reached him again, he took it as gospel. It's almost incestuous. Artists like Bowie changed their image and sometimes their sound and were touted as artists and visionaries...but Trent sold records and concert tickets for a very specific demographic, for a very specific reason.

He was 'hardcore'. He was 'evil' and 'angry' and pale and 'gothic' and he wore leather and makeup. He broke instruments, tore at his clothes, and sexually accosted his bandmates. He was a 'tortured genius' for goodness sake. How were The Fragile's pretty visuals and water theme going to satisfy his core audience's thirst for destruction? He flipped the switch on the fuckers and expected them to react the same. That doesn't make sense.

My core question about it all is whether it was his idea to switch from externalized to internalized 'rage', and by his, I mean no one influenced the new direction he went in like Rich influenced Broken.
Your voice is the delicate string, the sound of my name on your lips the gentle tug that keeps me grounded...

RichardL
Recording Your Demo

Post by RichardL »

Why can't he come up with good original songs of his and not cover other people's?
Lydia
Playing Frat Parties

Post by Lydia »

amouthfulofsin220 wrote:You know there have to be some hardy whores in the bunch who now feel they are called to wrest him from the Q's polished claws.
Once again, you're wrong. No one was chasing after Trent before he hooked up with Mariqueen, except for delusional fangirls. Trent did not hang out to party, and pretty much did his own thing independent from the rest of the band.
Now that we're on the subject of delusion...
...we can just reread your fan fiction.
[blah blah blah...]
My core question about it all is whether it was his idea to switch from externalized to internalized 'rage', and by his, I mean no one influenced the new direction he went in like Rich influenced Broken.
Where do you dream up this lunacy? As you previously "admitted", you only "became a fan of Nine Inch Nails" after reading the NIN-related threads around here. That was a couple of months after Trent went public with Mariqueen, and almost two decades after the release of "Broken"/one decade after the release of "The Fragile". Don't presume to know anything about NIN fans or the making of past NIN albums, since you weren't there and you wouldn't have the faintest clue, even if you had been.
JoJo30
Opening for Slaughter

Post by JoJo30 »

amouthfulofsin220 wrote:My core question about it all is whether it was his idea to switch from externalized to internalized 'rage', and by his, I mean no one influenced the new direction he went in like Rich influenced Broken.
It's still the same emotion: anger. I doubt anyone influenced him in directing his anger towards himself. It was always there and no one can really convince a person to go: "Hey, I think I'll write a handful of songs about self loathing today." Personally I think one of the many things that hindered his career was a lack of personal and artistic development. The Fragile was different from what came before, but it was the same angsty stuff. Other than Starfuckers edited for airplay version, nothing from that album got any airplay making it a commercial flop. He could have stayed in his dark "gothy" persona he created for himself and written about something other than anger or lust. Unfortunately those seem to be the two core emotions that inspire him musically. :roll:
EvilNTent
Recording Your Demo

Post by EvilNTent »

[quote="amouthfulofsin220"]He was 'hardcore'. He was 'evil' and 'angry' and pale and 'gothic' and he wore leather and makeup. He broke instruments, tore at his clothes, and sexually accosted his bandmates. He was a 'tortured genius' for goodness sake. How were The Fragile's pretty visuals and water theme going to satisfy his core audience's thirst for destruction? He flipped the switch on the fuckers and expected them to react the same. That doesn't make sense. My core question about it all is whether it was [i]his[/i] idea to switch from externalized to internalized 'rage', and by his, I mean no one influenced the new direction he went in like Rich influenced Broken.[/quote]

You are overthinking this, Mouthy. What makes you think he was worried about his core audience or anyone else? 'Pretty visuals"? Where? The only pretty visuals I saw was that dumbass, super expensive slide show the Pink Floyd people cooked up for the tour.

You also don't seem to understand the concept of stage performance. That's not art, my love. That's not real anger. Throwing keyboards & mike stands? Ever hear of the Who? Pete Townshend was breaking guitars onstage before Trent was born. The sexual accosting is a great big BFD. Jane's Addiction were tongue kissing each other onstage while Trent was still cleaning toilets. David Bowie was giving his guitarist simulated head onstage in the 70's. Leather & makeup? Ever heard of Motley Crue? Trent was still in high school when they started. Ever hear of Alice Cooper? Kiss? Ogre from Skinny Puppy? Ministry? Depeche Mode? T Rex? The Clash? The New York Dolls? Joy Division?

Still think TR is original?

It's all his idea. Even when it's not his idea, if he uses it, it's his idea. Because Nine Inch Nails IS Trent Reznor. He credits nobody. Ever.

[quote="lydia"] Once again, you're wrong. No one was chasing after Trent before he hooked up with Mariqueen, except for delusional fangirls. Trent did not hang out to party, and pretty much did his own thing independent from the rest of the band.

Absolutely true.

BTW- For the record, I know he's the poster boy for goth girls but I have never ever ever seen him with a goth girl. Which makes most of the delusional fangirls even more delusional.
amouthfulofsin220

EvilNTent wrote:
amouthfulofsin220 wrote:He was 'hardcore'. He was 'evil' and 'angry' and pale and 'gothic' and he wore leather and makeup. He broke instruments, tore at his clothes, and sexually accosted his bandmates. He was a 'tortured genius' for goodness sake. How were The Fragile's pretty visuals and water theme going to satisfy his core audience's thirst for destruction? He flipped the switch on the fuckers and expected them to react the same. That doesn't make sense. My core question about it all is whether it was his idea to switch from externalized to internalized 'rage', and by his, I mean no one influenced the new direction he went in like Rich influenced Broken.

You are overthinking this, Mouthy. What makes you think he was worried about his core audience or anyone else? 'Pretty visuals"? Where? The only pretty visuals I saw was that dumbass, super expensive slide show the Pink Floyd people cooked up for the tour.

You also don't seem to understand the concept of stage performance. That's not art, my love. That's not real anger. Throwing keyboards & mike stands? Ever hear of the Who? Pete Townshend was breaking guitars onstage before Trent was born. The sexual accosting is a great big BFD. Jane's Addiction were tongue kissing each other onstage while Trent was still cleaning toilets. David Bowie was giving his guitarist simulated head onstage in the 70's. Leather & makeup? Ever heard of Motley Crue? Trent was still in high school when they started. Ever hear of Alice Cooper? Kiss? Ogre from Skinny Puppy? Ministry? Depeche Mode? T Rex? The Clash? The New York Dolls? Joy Division?
I'm very well aware of those bands, and I have a feeling you didn't catch the sarcastic undertone to my statements. Maybe I should've used quotation marks instead of apostrophes.

My mistake.

Let me clarify: although he claims to have been pissed when he read Alice talking about his stage persona, Trent had the same overcooked, dramatic stage persona himself. When I first became a fan and all of this shit with the Q popped off, I was genuinely surprised to read the scores of fans that thought he really was the "intense, artistic genius", when to me he'd always seemed like an okay actor, as well as incredibly self-involved and ambitious.

I thought it was charming.
EvilNTent wrote:Still think TR is original?

It's all his idea. Even when it's not his idea, if he uses it, it's his idea. Because Nine Inch Nails IS Trent Reznor. He credits nobody. Ever.
Ha ha. Nooo.

The angle he was working in the 90's (no matter how tired you and many others might have found it) was working for him. He was rich and somewhat famous. My question was what possessed him to do the double album with all of the pretentious filler. Although the lyrics remain the same, the sound was...really different.

You're telling me it was all him, all the time. He screwed himself.

Pride cometh before a fall, after all.

EvilNTent wrote:
lydia wrote: Once again, you're wrong. No one was chasing after Trent before he hooked up with Mariqueen, except for delusional fangirls. Trent did not hang out to party, and pretty much did his own thing independent from the rest of the band.
Absolutely true.
Well, of course the fan girls were going after the musician. Isn't that the way it's supposed to go?

Lydia would know all about that, apparently. I'm just another "delusional fatty with a beer belly". Good times. :lol:

I'm aware of the 'vacuum of happiness' that seems to follow Trent wherever he goes, and the fact that he rarely hung out with his underlings. Pity - they were talented, and they looked like a good time. All that constant solitude makes me wonder even harder about the bisexual stuff...maybe he had a boyfriend and didn't want the NINions to know?
EvilNTent wrote:BTW- For the record, I know he's the poster boy for goth girls but I have never ever ever seen him with a goth girl. Which makes most of the delusional fangirls even more delusional.
Isn't that always the case?

You know famous rappers with big booty ho's in their videos end up with pretty blondes, physically average 'round the way girls, or other rappers :lol:

Appearances can be deceiving.

Orionslavegirl1

I believe Tori Amos is as close to a goth girl that he has been with.

And lets not forget about Nyke Dawg
amouthfulofsin220

Orionslavegirl1 wrote:I believe Tori Amos is as close to a goth girl that he has been with.

And lets not forget about Nyke Dawg
Oh, Orion...

You mean Tori's as close to a goth girl that he's been with publicly.

When the blood leaves the brain, the possibilities broaden. When a man is in dire need of a blowjay, he rarely discriminates based on weight, color, age, or current style sensibility.

Lydia
Playing Frat Parties

Post by Lydia »

amouthfulofsin220 wrote:I'm very well aware of those bands, and I have a feeling you didn't catch the sarcastic undertone to my statements. Maybe I should've used quotation marks instead of apostrophes.
No, maybe you should have just reminded us that your opinions blow like the wind.
Let me clarify: although he claims to have been pissed when he read Alice talking about his stage persona, Trent had the same overcooked, dramatic stage persona himself. When I first became a fan and all of this shit with the Q popped off, I was genuinely surprised to read the scores of fans that thought he really was the "intense, artistic genius", when to me he'd always seemed like an okay actor, as well as incredibly self-involved and ambitious.
Oh cut the crap. Your whole persona is based on your fake backstory as a sudden NIN fan...a sudden NIN fan AFTER anyone would have actually suddenly become a fan after first listening to NIN. You came here to troll a fake persona, and you glommed on to the first thread that had a lot of chatter. You're as fake as a wedding cake.
The angle he was working in the 90's (no matter how tired you and many others might have found it) was working for him. He was rich and somewhat famous. My question was what possessed him to do the double album with all of the pretentious filler. Although the lyrics remain the same, the sound was...really different.
Let's just seal this in an envelope and mail it to Trent. The fanbase liked The Fragile when it came out.
Well, of course the fan girls were going after the musician. Isn't that the way it's supposed to go?
You just don't get it, you delusional fatty.
Lydia would know all about that, apparently. I'm just another "delusional fatty with a beer belly". Good times. :lol:
Are the fat deposits in your arteries cutting off the air supply to your brain? I didn't say you had a beer belly. I said you were a fugly fatty who's never been backstage. Better get checked out by your family doctor.
I'm aware of the 'vacuum of happiness' that seems to follow Trent wherever he goes, and the fact that he rarely hung out with his underlings. Pity - they were talented, and they looked like a good time. All that constant solitude makes me wonder even harder about the bisexual stuff...maybe he had a boyfriend and didn't want the NINions to know?
He's running a business, not super-friends-happy-fun-time-power-hour. You're a complete and utter moron.
Isn't that always the case?

You know famous rappers with big booty ho's in their videos end up with pretty blondes, physically average 'round the way girls, or other rappers :lol:
Right...your fat yet average ass isn't getting a rapper any time soon.

amouthfulofsin220 wrote:When the blood leaves the brain, the possibilities broaden. When a man is in dire need of a blowjay, he rarely discriminates based on weight, color, age, or current style sensibility.
Thanks for the tip, pro-star. You'd know all about giving blowjobs to men who won't have sex with you.
enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

:shock:
Last edited by enchantment on Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orionslavegirl1

enchantment wrote:
EvilNTent wrote:
amouthfulofsin220 wrote:http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2011/05/t ... rant-song/

Yeah, it's a great song.

He bores me. Sorry.
PFFF- HE CAN'T COVER LED ZEPPELIN! I AGREE, THEY ARE SACRED. HOPE THE ALL CAPS CONVEYS MY FEELINGS TOWARDS IT
YOU SHOULD SEE ALL THE WORD VOMIT ON TUMBLR AND FACEBOOK SUCKING HIS ASS
enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

Last edited by enchantment on Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
amouthfulofsin220

Orionslavegirl1 wrote:
YOU SHOULD SEE ALL THE WORD VOMIT ON TUMBLR AND FACEBOOK SUCKING HIS ASS
Got links to any particular heavy-handed ones?

I've already said that I liked it, but leave it to the NINtards to go parsecs above and beyond a simple "that was kinda cool". It's sort of funny how that single came out just days after I wrote about his possible problems working with females.

I'm still coughing up feathers. :lol:

Like some of you, I'm also looking forward to hearing some original music if he's still got it in him.

enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

Last edited by enchantment on Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

Last edited by enchantment on Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
JoJo30
Opening for Slaughter

Post by JoJo30 »

enchantment wrote:For the record my previous post was said in jest. Sarcasm doesn't translate here very well. Why can't I find the Immigrant song cover? Did that pussy demand it be taken down already?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yUwXwrR35U Advertisement in begining but has song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwbA5JUQ3bA No footage from movie but 1.32 minutes of the TRez version of the Immigrant Song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUERhjubDBM No footage from movie but 1.34 minutes of the original Led Zep version of the Immigrant Song.
enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

Last edited by enchantment on Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
JoJo30
Opening for Slaughter

Post by JoJo30 »

Trent Reznor to Be Honored with ASCAP Film Music Award for The Social Network
June 6, 2011

http://hangout.altsounds.com/news/13033 ... award.html

ASCAP (the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers) has announced that Oscar and Golden Globe-winning composer Trent Reznor will be honored with an ASCAP Film Music Award at the 26th Annual ASCAP Film and Television Music Awards. The black-tie gala salutes those ASCAP composers whose music was featured in the top box office films and top television series of 2010. Reznor is being honored for The Social Network.

Also being honored are John Debney for Iron Man 2, Valentine's Day and Yogi Bear, James Newton Howard for The Last Airbender, Salt and The Tourist, Randy Newman for Toy Story 3, Trevor Rabin for The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Pharrell Williams (Despicable Me) and Hans Zimmer for Inception and Megamind, among others.

Two special ASCAP awards will be presented to Angelo Badalamenti, who will receive the ASCAP Henry Mancini Award, and Alf Clausen, who will receive the ASCAP Golden Note Award. Badalamenti is widely known for his collaboration with the director David Lynch (Blue Velvet, Mulholland Drive, Twin Peaks). Clausen is best known for his scoring and songwriting for the hit television series The Simpsons.

The invitation-only event takes place June 23 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles, California.

Oh look, something new :roll:
enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »

enchantment
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by enchantment »