Does Anyone Pay Attention Anymore..?

Post your thoughts and comments on terrorism, war, and political shit like that.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

NeilC
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Does Anyone Pay Attention Anymore..?

Post by NeilC »

Okay. I know I may get flack for this, but this is Metal Sludge after all so...I voted for Trump. Now wait! Wait! The reason I did is because he spoke of what is actually going wrong with our Government and country. I do not believe things are going well. I do truely believe we are in massive financial debt and our economy is in the crapper-I don't care what the, "talking heads" say. 1 in 8 people use food banks. Here! In America! Now I am not saying it or he is all great but at least he seems Patriotic. What my big problem is all of this crap about him being racist, sexist, anti-immigrant. All things that most people would agree with are not, "nice", "good", etc. in a human being. So as I read up why most media would say these things, I would listen to what Trump ACTUALLY said and most of what the media says about him is distorted and wrong. Many of my friends/family on Facebook automatically parrot what the mass media tells them.
My question to fellow Sludgers is.. does anyone read anymore or use some critical thinking? At least enough to say, "Hey..that is a pretty serious charge. I wonder why he said that?" then you do some actual research on your own and you see that it is not only not true but skewed?! To me, this is basic common sense and yet I feel like I am in the minority. I'd love to hear any of your thoughts.
Ham Stroker's Ejacula
Transylvanian Wang

Re: Does Anyone Pay Attention Anymore..?

Post by Ham Stroker's Ejacula »

Three and a half months ago ButtNoid replied to you in another thread and asked for you to explain what Trump was talking about in the screen grab below. He ended with "Take as much time as you need." More than enough time has passed, so I'm asking you to respond to him. NOW. Make it a good one.

Thanks!

NeilC
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by NeilC »

In a nutshell, it is what many in America see and believe. That a lot of the media-not all- but a lot-skew and distort things to fit their angle. Rather than report the truth, it is oftentimes, not really the whole truth and so the public gets it wrong or doesn't see both sides to a story. Many are very biased and as a result, if you are not able to deduce on your own, you walk away with an incorrect version of what went on. In short, you are being lied to.
Blizzard of Cos
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Blizzard of Cos »

Brother, the whole truth is Boston chicks are unfriendly.
Luminiferous
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Luminiferous »

NeilC wrote: I would listen to what Trump ACTUALLY said
If you truly believe that Drumpf is as patriotic and un-Washington as he tries to come off with everything he said and promised for the past 18-20 months, then you are exactly the weak minded fool he was pandering to with his campaign...

Congrats, you got the guy you wanted in there. And now with both a Republican held senate and congress, as well as president, there is no reason we shouldn't be great, prosperous and at 0% unemployment within 4 years...
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

NeilC wrote:In a nutshell, it is what many in America see and believe. That a lot of the media-not all- but a lot-skew and distort things to fit their angle. Rather than report the truth, it is oftentimes, not really the whole truth and so the public gets it wrong or doesn't see both sides to a story. Many are very biased and as a result, if you are not able to deduce on your own, you walk away with an incorrect version of what went on. In short, you are being lied to.
This spiel is so tired. "Reporting the truth" doesn't mean anything per se. The truth is not an objective thing when it comes to political opinion. The role of the mass media is, among other things, to inform the public, create discourse and promote critical thinking. Just printing whatever propaganda random candidates want you to believe without comment has nothing to do with reporting the truth, or "being unbiased". If anything, the recent trend of aversion to traditional media outlets shows how mindless reaffirmation through social media and unqualified and unchecked opinion making by amateurs (the so-called echo chamber effect) has a lot to do with the sad deterioration of what you supposedly are against: a one-sidedly (mis)informed public that's shockingly susceptible to all kinds of ridiculous agitation.

It really is no coincidence that, historically, general mistrust against all comprehensive media was always used as a ruse by political radicals, mostly fascists. This is being lied to. Not being able to "deduce on your own" is precisely why people seem to believe that there are no serious newspapers anymore, which do exactly what they supposedly want. Stop watching news entertainment and support serious media. They're needed more than ever.