The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Caustic Queen
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: The New (Spam Free) Never Ending Wrestling Thread

Post by Caustic Queen »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:
ParaDime77 wrote:Waiting on the imminent Nakamura burial.
Me too! I just don't get all the hype!
Dude looks like he's having a stroke all the time...

eddie lee roth wrote:Bray Wyatt opening Raw with more of his South Park style soap opera storytelling when he talked about how he's still alive, he's still here, he's still standing he should of closed with and still losing all the time too.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TRUE and Hilarious..
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:Jim Cornette rants on Vince Russo, AGAIN....

https://youtu.be/N8wFkf2Mrd4
If I go to my home page on YouTube there's always clips of Jim Cornette that they have recommended for me to check out.

I love all of them he just rips the shit out of people in a hilarious way and he cusses like a sailor.

I can remember him and the Midnight Express working the old Mid-South territory and he was a great heel you couldn't help but hate him.

Cowboy Bill Watts ran the territory and he was a Okie who realized Father Time told him it's time to call it a day.

So he had a "last match ever" with him and Stagger Lee (a close personal friend of JYD) vs.The Midnight Express and there was a stipulation that if The Midnight Express lost Watts was going to dress Jim Cornette like a baby diaper and all right in the middle of the ring since Watts said he had been acting like one.

Of course the owner of the territory wasn't going to lose in his retirement match and you can bet I was right there in OKC to watch it.

It was great and Cornette played his part perfectly had to refuse and willing to fight so he got a beat down and then they dressed him all up and when he came to he was all mad and slowly realized how he was dressed then he got all embarrassed and ashamed.

The crowd ate it up it was a great way to send Watts into retirement.

What was real funny was the fact that this show was an afternoon event and if you looked at our local newspaper it showed they were running the same exact show in Tulsa that night. :lol:

He ran that show in all of the hot spots in the Mid-South area culminating with a show in New Orleans at the Superdome and Cornette took his beating every time.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

That's why Corny rules.

I used to HATE him as a kid. Then I saw his first shoot (where Cornette face originated) and I was hooked. He did an amazing shoot with the late Percy Pringle. They talked about what a dump the place was, crawling with rats. But the health department always gave Fritz a pass. Corny says the French fries were the best he's ever had. Percy smartened him up by telling him they never changed the grease and when they finally emptied the fryers they found rat bones. Corny's reaction was gold.

My brother wanted to be a wrestler. We were smarks, I was 10 he was 19. My dad arranged for him to get a workout at the Sportatorium against his favorite wrestler, Maniac Mike Davis. Davis stretched the fuck out of him but my brother wouldn't quit. Finally Davis said it's over and he was proud of him. But my brother never went back. But he can say he got in the ring at the Sportatorium.

We saw Mike shortly before his death at a card in Waco. It was at the Coliseum and it was an NWA ring & programs. We had no idea the NWA was still a thing. Maybe 500 ppl in a 8,500 seater. Turns out this was when Crockett Jr. was trying to get back into business and this was a show put on by him and Joe Pedicino. Waco also got one of WCW's last house shows drew 900 people. And Jimmy Hart tried to run his XWF here with a pretty good card but it was cancelled due to less than 100 tickets sold.
Professional Hater
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:Potato cakes.
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
kylel
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by kylel »

Artemis2085 wrote:That's why Corny rules.

I used to HATE him as a kid. Then I saw his first shoot (where Cornette face originated) and I was hooked. He did an amazing shoot with the late Percy Pringle. They talked about what a dump the place was, crawling with rats. But the health department always gave Fritz a pass. Corny says the French fries were the best he's ever had. Percy smartened him up by telling him they never changed the grease and when they finally emptied the fryers they found rat bones. Corny's reaction was gold.

My brother wanted to be a wrestler. We were smarks, I was 10 he was 19. My dad arranged for him to get a workout at the Sportatorium against his favorite wrestler, Maniac Mike Davis. Davis stretched the fuck out of him but my brother wouldn't quit. Finally Davis said it's over and he was proud of him. But my brother never went back. But he can say he got in the ring at the Sportatorium.

We saw Mike shortly before his death at a card in Waco. It was at the Coliseum and it was an NWA ring & programs. We had no idea the NWA was still a thing. Maybe 500 ppl in a 8,500 seater. Turns out this was when Crockett Jr. was trying to get back into business and this was a show put on by him and Joe Pedicino. Waco also got one of WCW's last house shows drew 900 people. And Jimmy Hart tried to run his XWF here with a pretty good card but it was cancelled due to less than 100 tickets sold.

Is this it? About the fries.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKmtbMA8Y48
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

kylel wrote:

That's it! Below that is the whole 3 hour shoot with Corny & Percy that's incredible. Theres another one with him and Bobby Heenan that's amazing.

I've actually considered writing a book about the Sportatorium before. It's history is just fascinating. It was originally to be Texas' version of the Opry and I believe it was George Reeves that had a piece of it. Hence the in the round setup. Elvis played there. They wound up defaulting on the place and that's when a promoter bought it and brought Fritz in as his top heel. This group used to run spot shows throughout Texas. In Waco they ran out of an old furniture store downtown and the matches were broadcast live on the radio.
Professional Hater
Aesop wrote: I tire of pussies that refuse to speak their mind, defend this great nation, or seek employment.
eddie lee roth

Post by eddie lee roth »

Artemis2085 wrote:
kylel wrote:

That's it! Below that is the whole 3 hour shoot with Corny & Percy that's incredible. Theres another one with him and Bobby Heenan that's amazing.

I've actually considered writing a book about the Sportatorium before. It's history is just fascinating. It was originally to be Texas' version of the Opry and I believe it was George Reeves that had a piece of it. Hence the in the round setup. Elvis played there. They wound up defaulting on the place and that's when a promoter bought it and brought Fritz in as his top heel. This group used to run spot shows throughout Texas. In Waco they ran out of an old furniture store downtown and the matches were broadcast live on the radio.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

:lol: :lol:
Professional Hater
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

Shit just got bizarre and real between Corny/Russo. Fuck!:
https://youtu.be/obG0UlK-0ms
Professional Hater
bigbuttskinner
Headlining Clubs

Post by bigbuttskinner »

All you Johnny come lately's just now getting with Cornette. Where have you been? The guy has been great for years and ripped people when they're due. Trend fuckers!
michelish wrote: VH album will be dropping first half of 2019. Album has been completed for a few months. They've been recording on and off since just after last tour.Finalizing title and artwork.
Nitrorulz wrote: I predict “The Dirt” will do double that.
referring to Queen movie
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

WWE does it again!! Women's ladder finish 10! 10!10!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheInfiniteStaircase »

Usos/New Day match, minus a few botches, was overall a pretty good match. I just wish the ending wasn't such a cop out.

I have mixed feelings about the Women's Ladder Match ending.

Who's everyone's prediction for the Men's Ladder Match?
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

TheInfiniteStaircase wrote:Usos/New Day match, minus a few botches, was overall a pretty good match. I just wish the ending wasn't such a cop out.

Corbin or Styles. They won't push Nakamura that fast, and I think KO will settle for being US champ long enough for another feud or two.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

"He took her name" ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Orton will help his kid..Slaughter will take out the dad and help Mayhal win! Slaughter joins team India! Please!!!!!!
TheInfiniteStaircase
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by TheInfiniteStaircase »

dmbrocker wrote:
TheInfiniteStaircase wrote:Usos/New Day match, minus a few botches, was overall a pretty good match. I just wish the ending wasn't such a cop out.

Corbin or Styles. They won't push Nakamura that fast, and I think KO will settle for being US champ long enough for another feud or two.
I agree with Corbin being one of the favorites for it. I was thinking Nakamura as the other possibility though.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Nakamura should win..his age must use him quick..Could feud with Mayhal
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

This PPV has been pretty mediocre so far. Nakamura gets stretchered out to start the match.......
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

It was great 4/5!
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

I think I figured out why some of you aren't down with nakamura yet.
it's the fucking camera angles. when he was in nxt they didn't use as many cameras. all of his moves looked vicious. whomever is producing the main roster shows must be having a seizure. one bad cut to another and when they finally show the kick or whatever, some of them look weak. he made me a fan on nxt. going to see him this saturday.
he also needs someone to talk for him. someone like.............

jim cornett.
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Pretty much a boring PPV, Corbin winning you could hear the air go out of the building.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

DOWN2WHISKEY wrote:
Kid-Wicked wrote:I think I figured out why some of you aren't down with nakamura yet.
it's the fucking camera angles. when he was in nxt they didn't use as many cameras. all of his moves looked vicious. whomever is producing the main roster shows must be having a seizure. one bad cut to another and when they finally show the kick or whatever, some of them look weak. he made me a fan on nxt. going to see him this saturday.
he also needs someone to talk for him. someone like.............

jim cornett.
I'm not a fan of his in either NXT or Smackdown but agree about the camera angles and Cornette but I think pairing him w/ Heyman would be most effective! Many newer fans are not aware of the genius of Cornette but everybody knows Heyman!
I was gonna say heyman but I think vince just wants to keep him with brock or maybe paul doesn't want to travel every week. corny is a wicked second choice
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Strowman's back, and sure enough, he challenged Reigns to an Ambulance match. No surprise there.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Well, I guess we knew this was coming: Enzo and Cass are done and Cass turned heel.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

dmbrocker wrote:Well, I guess we knew this was coming: Enzo and Cass are done and Cass turned heel.
You have go to be kidding me. Those guys were fucking OVER. Guess WWE will push Cass and slowly bury Enzo, even though Enzo has potential to be a strong face.

And now they're going to have the blowoff at another generic PPV. Would have been better to build it up and have the blowoff at SummerSlam or Mania, but that's classic WWE hot shot booking for ya.
Professional Hater
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Enzo will now becomes the next Santino., jobbed into oblivion.
Bludegeon
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Bludegeon »

MITB was great..Happy with the results.

Gotta start getting back into watching Raw and SMackdown. Hope to hell that little goat boy midget puke doesn't fuck with result of the women's MITB... That was awesome.
MSL
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by MSL »

nt
Last edited by MSL on Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Artemis2085

Post by Artemis2085 »

BREAKING:

Jim Cornette has been served with an order of protection that includes accusations of stalking by Vince Russo. His statement is below. And he's offering autographed copies of the order starting this weekend :lol:
https://youtu.be/BFNIvC7iZ9Q

Oh and as usual, fuck off MSL.
Professional Hater
ParaDime77

Post by ParaDime77 »

Get off the board dipshit!
MSL
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by MSL »

nt
Last edited by MSL on Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.