Faygo

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Faygo

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

I've never seen it here in the Carolinas. Guess it's a regional soft drink brand in the Michigan area?

I know it's the official beverage of ICP. What does it taste like? Is it just like Fanta shit?
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
EatNails
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: Faygo

Post by EatNails »

We get it in Florida. Dollar General stores all carry it, and so will most non-chain convenience stores.

I'm from Detroit, so I grew up on it. Buy it over national brands any day.

It's kinda like those store brands of soda, 50 weird flavors at a reduced price. The selection outside of the MI area isn't much. Rock n Rye is a Michigan flavor they don't really export out. It's sort of a Cherry Vanilla Creme Soda.

They have a Mt Dew type, not as sweet as Mt Dew, and a better citrus taste. There's all the standards like cola, root beer, orange, grape, strawberry, etc. Few more creme soda flavors. Cotton Candy was a flavor in the past. They're all decent, especially since they're half the price.
Grendel wrote: Skip work tomorrow and smoke some meth...this thread is THAT epic.
princessofrock
Recording Debut Album

Post by princessofrock »

DemonFilth2001 wrote:I've never seen it here in the Carolinas. Guess it's a regional soft drink brand in the Michigan area?

I know it's the official beverage of ICP. What does it taste like? Is it just like Fanta shit?

It is available all over Georgia. The Dollar type stores as well as lower level/independent grocers carry the stuff. It is vile.
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

princessofrock wrote:
DemonFilth2001 wrote:I've never seen it here in the Carolinas. Guess it's a regional soft drink brand in the Michigan area?

It is available all over Georgia. The Dollar type stores as well as lower level/independent grocers carry the stuff. It is vile.
I've only looked in Harris Teeter, Publix, and 7-11. Next time I see a Dollar type store, I'll have to check it out.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
HeavyMetalZombie666
Angry Wyoming Rain Man

Post by HeavyMetalZombie666 »

I have had the root beer flavor when I was younger.
Mazerati
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Mazerati »

I tried it for the first time a couple months ago and suprisingly the cola wasnt bad at all
Usually off brand colas SUCK but this was pretty decent
Mazerati

Post by Mazerati »

DemonFilth2001 wrote:
princessofrock wrote:

I've only looked in Harris Teeter, Publix, and 7-11. Next time I see a Dollar type store, I'll have to check it out.
Dollar Tree has 4 cans for a $1
princessofrock
Recording Debut Album

Post by princessofrock »

DemonFilth2001 wrote:
princessofrock wrote:

Yeah, HT and Publix are way too upscale for the stuff. I have seen it on occasion at Kroger.

The Faygo Red Pop flavor is the one my mom likes if mixed with alcohol. I don't get it...... In general, Faygo to me seems like a very cheap knock off of Fanta, overly sweet and kind of flat. Of course, I mainline Diet Coke so what do I know?
Desslar

Post by Desslar »

I know of Faygo, but I'm not sure I have ever seen it in the wild. i'm guessing it's like Shasta or RC Cola.

Why didn't ICP go with something a little classier, like Mountain Dew? That seems like a natural fit. They could come out with out Maximum Clown flavor or something.
HeavyMetalZombie666
Angry Wyoming Rain Man

Desslar wrote:I know of Faygo, but I'm not sure I have ever seen it in the wild. i'm guessing it's like Shasta or RC Cola.

Why didn't ICP go with something a little classier, like Mountain Dew? That seems like a natural fit. They could come out with out Maximum Clown flavor or something.
Yeah it is a not popular brand now. RC Cola was popular in the United States till the 1980s and then it went to the level where it was not selling like Coke and Pepsi was. Shasta I have not had in a long time.
Gwrexx
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Gwrexx »

DemonFilth2001 wrote:I've never seen it here in the Carolinas. ?
I work for one of the biggest vending companies in NC, we stock it in a lot of our accounts. When accounts pitch a fit and don't like it when we have to raise the price of Coke and Pepsi, well, guess what, you're getting Faygo now lol..
Ain't flinging tears out on the dusty ground for all my friends out on the burial ground. Can't stand the feeling getting so brought down. It's just that demon life has got me in its sway
Gwrexx
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Gwrexx »

Mazerati wrote:

I tried it for the first time a couple months ago and suprisingly the cola wasnt bad at all
Usually off brand colas SUCK but this was pretty decent
We did a blind taste test with some of our customers once, Coke, Pepsi, Faygo. People could pick out the Pepsi immediately because it's sweeter but a lot of people couldn't the Coke over the Faygo. Thing is, initial tastes and drinking it tastes really close to Coke but it will go flat WAYYY faster than Coke will..
Ain't flinging tears out on the dusty ground for all my friends out on the burial ground. Can't stand the feeling getting so brought down. It's just that demon life has got me in its sway
SeniorGrande
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by SeniorGrande »

HMZ's parents basement

Danzig in the Dark

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

SeniorGrande wrote:HMZ's parents basement

This is how I imagine all HMZ'S dates start.
ImageImage
princessofrock
Recording Debut Album

Post by princessofrock »

HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:
Desslar wrote:I know of Faygo, but I'm not sure I have ever seen it in the wild. i'm guessing it's like Shasta or RC Cola.

Yeah it is a not popular brand now. RC Cola was popular in the United States till the 1980s and then it went to the level where it was not selling like Coke and Pepsi was. Shasta I have not had in a long time.
I see Shasta at the dollar store and one of the locally owned markets sells it here. The Black Cherry Shasta is fantastic.
Chip Z'Hoy
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

I think I've seen Faygo in NC.

Maybe it's all hiding behind the mountains of Cheerwine.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Sleek

Post by Sleek »

EatNails wrote:We get it in Florida. Dollar General stores all carry it, and so will most non-chain convenience stores.

I'm from Detroit, so I grew up on it. Buy it over national brands any day.

It's kinda like those store brands of soda, 50 weird flavors at a reduced price. The selection outside of the MI area isn't much. Rock n Rye is a Michigan flavor they don't really export out. It's sort of a Cherry Vanilla Creme Soda.

They have a Mt Dew type, not as sweet as Mt Dew, and a better citrus taste. There's all the standards like cola, root beer, orange, grape, strawberry, etc. Few more creme soda flavors. Cotton Candy was a flavor in the past. They're all decent, especially since they're half the price.
We were more of a Towne Club family, with the occasional Hi Klas.

Drank a lot of Cola AND Kola.
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

It's horrible soda. But I'm not a big soda guy anyway. I'll treat myself to a can of Coke once in a blue moon but in general, none of its very satisfying to me.

Faygo is real bottom of the barrel though. Sickeningly sweet. For people who find their palates not refined enough for Mountain Dew or Crush.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
HeavyMetalZombie666
Angry Wyoming Rain Man

princessofrock wrote:

I see Shasta at the dollar store and one of the locally owned markets sells it here. The Black Cherry Shasta is fantastic.
I see them at the discount stores a bunch.
SeniorGrande
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by SeniorGrande »

HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote: I see them at the discount stores a bunch.
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

They have it at BevMo in California. The Redpop is good.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
Gwrexx
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Gwrexx »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote:
Faygo is real bottom of the barrel though..
No, it isn't. It's not even close to bottom of the barrel soda...
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Gwrexx wrote:
Chip Z'Hoy wrote:
Faygo is real bottom of the barrel though..
No, it isn't. It's not even close to bottom of the barrel soda...
YEAH HUH!

I don't care. Grownups drinking sodie pop is weird enough.
Mazerati

Post by Mazerati »

The sweetened beverage tax here sux..I wouldn't mind paying a small 5 cent tax or something but a penny an ounce is insane
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote:I have had the root beer flavor when I was younger.
What did it taste like?

"The worst celebrity golf cheat? I wish I could tell you that. It would be a shocker. I played golf with Donald Trump one time. That's all I'm going to say." - Alice Cooper
HeavyMetalZombie666
Angry Wyoming Rain Man

Turner Coates wrote:
What did it taste like?
can't remember. typical root beer even though many different companies taste better.
Mazerati

Post by Mazerati »

Turner Coates wrote:
What did it taste like?
can't remember. typical root beer even though many different companies taste better.
Fanta Root Beer was the best..it's too bad they don't make it here anymore
itwalksboyfriend
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by itwalksboyfriend »

It's all over WI and MN. Most gas stations sell it as a generic equivalent to the Pepsi and Coke products.
HeavyMetalZombie666
Angry Wyoming Rain Man

Mazerati wrote:
Turner Coates wrote:
What did it taste like?
Fanta is part of the Coca Cola Company. I didn't even know they had a Root Beer. I know Coca Cola has Barq's Root Beer.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Mazerati wrote:
HeavyMetalZombie666 wrote: can't remember. typical root beer even though many different companies taste better.
Fanta is part of the Coca Cola Company. I didn't even know they had a Root Beer. I know Coca Cola has Barq's Root Beer.
And now, we ALL know.
Thanks Mr. Soda Pop!

"The worst celebrity golf cheat? I wish I could tell you that. It would be a shocker. I played golf with Donald Trump one time. That's all I'm going to say." - Alice Cooper