2018 FIFA World Cup

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Re: 2018 FIFA World Cup

Post by Kid-Wicked »

since when can the keeper be 3 yards off his line before the ball is shot?
brutal
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

Actually since always. They haven't started to try and challenge that until recent years, but only a true pedant would make it decide a World Cup shootout.

Now it's getting interesting for real. If Brazil somehow choke as well now, this would already be one of the coolest world cups ever. But in reality, them or France will take it now. Otherwise England. There are no feel-good stories anymore. Not a single African team in the knock-out stage. That hasn't happened in a long-ass time. At least Morocco, Senegal, Nigeria would have deserved it.
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

God, Neymar is such a piece of shit too. Please, Belgium, live up to the hype just this once.

Edit: Fucking Sweden. And mark my early words about England. Sadly, this Cup won't see a new winner. Shit, I'd even be happy about another Uruguay at this point.
Last edited by SebastianLeeDanzig on Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Fuckin' England! Awesome win in the penalty kick round!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

England were awful, but sneaked through. They tried to bottle it, and when "Horrenderson" missed I feared the worst. Dier was lucky with his peno. Sterling only looks good in Peps system at City, and Walker is a liability at the back. I'm not a fan of Young and think Rose should start ahead of him. I thought Englands first 2 subs were poor too, even though Dier scored in the shootout.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Thank you, Belgium.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Drunk Kennedy
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Drunk Kennedy »

am i the only one who thinks of gazpacho everytime they show that damn marquee advertisment for Gazprom?! :cry:
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Three Lions on the shirt!
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Don't get excited. Even Germany won against those Swedes, LMAO.

Belgium actually went and eliminated the last team I truly hated. Now the World Cup will eventually have a winner I can live with. On the other hand, the whole thing just got a lot more boring when I can't get pissed off anymore.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Brazil out! So happy!

Now just need Belgium to beat France, and then there will be no team left that I hate!

England in the semis. Probably the most comfortable knockout game I've seen England play. Wasn't worried at all. Even though Sweden had a couple of chances in the second half.

Can see a Belgium vs. England final.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

I was rooting for Mexico until they got eliminated. Now I'm rooting for Russia. This Russia vs. Croatia game has been awesome.
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

SeminiferousButtNoid wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:36 pm I was rooting for Mexico until they got eliminated. Now I'm rooting for Russia. This Russia vs. Croatia game has been awesome.
Well, you won't have Russia to root for now. Croatia in to the semis on penalty kicks.
SeminiferousButtNoid
Certified Asshole

Post by SeminiferousButtNoid »

dmbrocker wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:34 pm
SeminiferousButtNoid wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:36 pm I was rooting for Mexico until they got eliminated. Now I'm rooting for Russia. This Russia vs. Croatia game has been awesome.
Well, you won't have Russia to root for now. Croatia in to the semis on penalty kicks.
I know, and it was a thrilling conclusion. Croatia gave a fantastic performance and I hope they kick the shit out of England.
GreatWhiteSnake wrote:I'm 46 and my dad's 67 and we kiss each other on the mouth and my 9 yo old son and I do too. It's because we love each other. A lot. And could give a shit what anyone else thinks about us kissing on the mouth.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Sorry, Belgium but maaaaaaaaan, that was a close one! Vive France!
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Belgium would have deserved that one, but France is pretty flawless this year. Definitely the most complete team, I really can't see them being beaten now. And Pamela Anderson is banging Adil Rami, so they have god on their side.

Still rooting for Croatia now, even if they're a bunch of little Nazis.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Well, I guess the football's not coming home this time. England just crapped the bed for most of this one.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Oh well, shame Harry Kane was suspended for this one.

Come on France in the final. Rather Pogba win the world cup than Lovren.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Come on Croatia!

It would be great to see a nation that has never won it before actually win it, plus their population is so small.

Fuck the French.

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

England lost..yippee
Croatia World Cup champs sounds good..USA media forcing that on us will be hilarious

Forcing us to care is such a joke..girls World Cup is fun. It’s fun to hate Japan
Sweden, Braziland most others girls cup games that’s worth watching
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

MickeyG wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:42 pm Oh well, shame Harry Kane was suspended for this one.

Come on France in the final. Rather Pogba win the world cup than Lovren.
Um, okay.

Well, I guess if Pogba wins, we can increase the ask for when we sell him to Real Madrid or PSG. Good thinking! :P

SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

The loser match was probably nicer to watch than the final will be. I'm just hoping for drama. Why not even more penalties to end it all? With France choking of course.

Edit:
Great, two final goals given to France by the ref already. That's not what I meant by "drama" dammit!
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Les Bleus, baby! I kinda would have liked England to win, but I'll definitely take this one! It'll give me an excuse to celebrate down at the France pavilion at Epcot next time I'm there!
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

dmbrocker wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:00 am Les Bleus, baby! I kinda would have liked England to win, but I'll definitely take this one! It'll give me an excuse to celebrate down at the France pavilion at Epcot next time I'm there!
Make sure to fall on purpose and sue them for damages. Then do a spastic dance while showing them the loser 'L'.

I actually liked Griezman, but this "man of the match" will hopefully be remembered for today's dive forever.
MickeyG

Post by MickeyG »

Typical Spurs fuck up from Lloris, but at least it didn't cost his team. I'm glad someone as shite as Lovren didn't end up with a winners medal, that would have sucked.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

MickeyG wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:51 pm I'm glad someone as shite as Lovren didn't end up with a winners medal, that would have sucked.
He said he's one of the best defenders in the world. :lol: