The Never Ending MMA thread

A place to talk about sports, athletes and jock itch.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Re: The Never Ending MMA thread

Post by dmbrocker »

Any thoughts on last night's UFC 236 card? Some wild matches, I noticed. Anyone think Holloway vs. Poirier lived up to the hype?
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

dmbrocker wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:07 pm Any thoughts on last night's UFC 236 card? Some wild matches, I noticed. Anyone think Holloway vs. Poirier lived up to the hype?
I sort of had hopes that this Israel guy would become the next Anderson Silva but seems like nope. Great fighter and all that but people couldn´t even touch Silva when he was in his prime unless he felt like taking some punches just to prove he could take them.

But what an awesome fight it was anyway.

The Holloway fight was good too, he had some moments where I thought he was going to take over, with Poirier seemingly tired. I would to see both rematch McGregor.

All in all, I liked UFC better 10+ years ago. And Pride was awesome too. I don't find these new guys as interesting.
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Anyone see Masvidal's absolute floor wiping of Ben Askren with that flying knee? Wow! :shock:
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

dmbrocker wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:44 pm Anyone see Masvidal's absolute floor wiping of Ben Askren with that flying knee? Wow! :shock:
5 seconds. crazy
Indy_Rob
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Indy_Rob »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:52 pm
dmbrocker wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:44 pm Anyone see Masvidal's absolute floor wiping of Ben Askren with that flying knee? Wow! :shock:
5 seconds. crazy
Yep, that was nuts. Made UFC history as the fastest knockout ever.

The Nunes/Holm fight ended about how I expected. Holly put up a good fight but Nunes is just unstoppable right now. What a beast!

Jones and Santos was a snooze fest. I'm glad at least one judge gave the fight to Santos. I guess Jones fought "smart" but smart is boring to watch.
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Great documentary on Chuck Lidell in Pride! It's only 20 minutes and it's free.....I wish it was 2 hours long. I can't get enough of that era of Pride being the number one promotion and UFC growing in popularity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6Vo_Xm-Wfg

Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"
Earl Skakel
Headlining Clubs

Post by Earl Skakel »

Not trying to pull a Stonebreed here but UFC icon Frank Trigg came on the podcast and talked for damn near 3 hours so enjoy!

Inappropriate Earl with Frank Trigg
https://soundcloud.com/inappropriate-ea ... rank-trigg

Earl
The Inappropriate Earl Podcast is on Itunes or Soundcloud
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ina ... 96362?mt=2
https://soundcloud.com/inappropriate-earl
http://www.twitter.com/earlskakel
New comedy album out on Itunes under Earl Skakel
Endless Yodel
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Endless Yodel »

I'm so happy for Roxanne Modafferi derailing another hype train. Although Maycee Barber was amazingly tough for fighting with a disabled leg.
sirrloin wrote: There is a difference between show tunes appreciation and musical theater. If you don't know the difference, you're not very educated.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Endless Yodel wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:36 pm I'm so happy for Roxanne Modafferi derailing another hype train. Although Maycee Barber was amazingly tough for fighting with a disabled leg.
Yeah, same here. Good for Roxanne! Easy fighter to cheer for.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Endless Yodel
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Endless Yodel »

pieceofme wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:50 pm
Endless Yodel wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:36 pm I'm so happy for Roxanne Modafferi derailing another hype train. Although Maycee Barber was amazingly tough for fighting with a disabled leg.
She's a class act inside and outside the cage, for sure. :D

I watched the UFC fights in Brasilia, Brazil today. They were held in an arena with no audience. To say it was a weird experience would be an understatement.
sirrloin wrote: There is a difference between show tunes appreciation and musical theater. If you don't know the difference, you're not very educated.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

Endless Yodel wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:25 pm
pieceofme wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:50 pm
She's a class act inside and outside the cage, for sure. :D

I watched the UFC fights in Brasilia, Brazil today. They were held in an arena with no audience. To say it was a weird experience would be an understatement.
I kind of preferred it! You didn't get a bunch of moronic fans start booing after 15 seconds of grappling!

Lol at Bisping shouting lets hear some noise!
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
Endless Yodel
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Endless Yodel »

pieceofme wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:41 am
I kind of preferred it! You didn't get a bunch of moronic fans start booing after 15 seconds of grappling!

Lol at Bisping shouting lets hear some noise!
True, I could do without the booing. I felt bad that there wasn't anyone to cheer for the fighters after the announcer introduced them.

I laughed at 1:24 in this video. That wasn't very nice to say. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHJClj9q_Lc
FullDJacket
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by FullDJacket »

Guy!? Is it just me or was Oliviera vs Kevin Lee a match of the year contender? I thought it was better than the chinese broad vs Yoana from last weekend!
Luke 16:10 "and he that is unjust in the least, is unjust also in much"