Dump Shithole

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Civil_war
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Dump Shithole

Post by Civil_war »

He will not resign, nor will he be impeached. For two years it was Russia, now it's this. Democrats should focus on beating him in the election, not this. All this is doing is strengthening the resolve of his base and convincing middle of the road voters that he was right all along.

A word to the wise: anything said on Brian Stelter's show is complete horseshit.
TenBenny
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by TenBenny »

Civil_war wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:09 pm He will not resign, nor will he be impeached. For two years it was Russia, now it's this. Democrats should focus on beating him in the election, not this. All this is doing is strengthening the resolve of his base and convincing middle of the road voters that he was right all along.

A word to the wise: anything said on Brian Stelter's show is complete horseshit.

Democrats had no choice but to go forward with an impeachment inquiry. It was the House committee's Constitutional duty. The base you can't do anything about. They're either cultists who drank the Kool-Aid or simply voters who know he's a bullshitter and can't turn back now. If middle of the road voters really think he was right along all along and can't see what's going on, that's another story, and this country is more fucked than we thought.

I mean forget Hunter Biden's qualifications or lack thereof for a second. How are fucking Ivanka and Jared qualified to be working in the White House? Look at the dealings they're in on. Like I said, if middle of the road voters can't see what's what here, we're all fucked as a nation.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Hopefully, Spanky will make it easy by verbally assassinating himself.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
Rageman
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Rageman »

Civil_war wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:09 pm He will not resign, nor will he be impeached. For two years it was Russia, now it's this. Democrats should focus on beating him in the election, not this. All this is doing is strengthening the resolve of his base and convincing middle of the road voters that he was right all along.

OK, wise guy. I'll accept that . . . tell me where I need to get my news if I don't want complete horseshit.

Also, please show me the middle of the road voters that are/will be flocking to Trump. This is just more bullshit Right Wing propaganda.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

His base is already resolute, and which middle of the road voters are flocking to him? Are you attaching yourself to his spray tanned taint like a remora because of this?

"If the Democrats do nothing, Trump will win. " "If the Democrats do anything, Trump will win" Fuck off with your TenLennyesque reasoning. :lol: :roll:
ImageImage
Civil_war

Post by Civil_war »

I honestly forgot I was posting in this thread, and there is a reason I never do. Without knowing a thing about my political views, everyone assumes the worst if you so much as disagree with their reasoning in here. You don't think CNN is a good network? You MUST somehow be a piece of shit! Think MSNBC is biased? You're a right wing nut-job!

I'm a Canadian with a background in politics. I was simply stating an opinion. If you think this is the end of Trump, I insist you go back about 100 pages and see what the overall opinion was during the Russia Investigation.
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

Civil_war wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:12 pmIf you think this is the end of Trump, I insist you go back about 100 pages and see what the overall opinion was during the Russia Investigation.
I would say other than Lenny, most people were saying it wasn't going to go anywhere. Then it never went anywhere. I think most people got wise to the "This is the end of Trump!" scams by week 2 of his Presidency.

For the record, I get as swept up as anyone when the shitshows start but then it's like "Oh this is going to be just like the 150 other times."
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
dtmfs
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by dtmfs »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:25 pm

I would say other than Lenny, most people were saying it wasn't going to go anywhere. Then it never went anywhere. I think most people got wise to the "This is the end of Trump!" scams by week 2 of his Presidency.
Hell longer than that, mother fuckers been predicting "this is the end" going back to grabbembythepussygate.
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

I'm more interested in the guy abusing Sudafed. :lol:

https://twitter.com/JRehling/status/1180505950613958658
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
Rageman
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Rageman »

Civil_war wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:12 pm I honestly forgot I was posting in this thread, and there is a reason I never do. Without knowing a thing about my political views, everyone assumes the worst if you so much as disagree with their reasoning in here. You don't think CNN is a good network? You MUST somehow be a piece of shit! Think MSNBC is biased? You're a right wing nut-job!

I'm a Canadian with a background in politics. I was simply stating an opinion. If you think this is the end of Trump, I insist you go back about 100 pages and see what the overall opinion was during the Russia Investigation.
I said that I'll accept that Stetler is horseshit and asked for where to get news that isn't horseshit. When you criticize the left but are afraid to answer where you get your news, you're usually a right winger, especially in a thread titled Dump Shithole.

I've heard almost exclusively on Fox News and echoed by Right Wingers that calling Trump out on his illegal activities will somehow make independents and undecided voters move to Trump. Fox knows that middle of the road voters peek in on their shit show of a network and are hoping to lure more in to their "cult-like" beliefs. If you repeat it, it does not make you a Right Winger . . . but, like it or not, it is still Right Wing propaganda.

I'm an independent and I know quite a few other Independents. This discussion of moving to Trump/mistreatment of the President has never come up between us. Anyone saying shit like that has no idea what they are talking about. No one is moving to Trump out of sympathy or because they feel that he has been mistreated. The only people that feels he has been unfairly persecuted already voted for him in 2016.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
vlad
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by vlad »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:00 pm I'm more interested in the guy abusing Sudafed. :lol:

https://twitter.com/JRehling/status/1180505950613958658
:lol:

Yeah, he's a speed freak...only with cheap OTC crap or prescription. His eyes are hugely dilated in situations where there are bright lights.
My bubbie, king of the hill 1999-2013
LJP 2002-2014

Quick beats in an icy heart
Catch colt draws a coffin cart
There he goes and now here she starts
Civil_war

Post by Civil_war »

Rageman wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:07 am
Civil_war wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:12 pm I honestly forgot I was posting in this thread, and there is a reason I never do. Without knowing a thing about my political views, everyone assumes the worst if you so much as disagree with their reasoning in here. You don't think CNN is a good network? You MUST somehow be a piece of shit! Think MSNBC is biased? You're a right wing nut-job!

I said that I'll accept that Stetler is horseshit and asked for where to get news that isn't horseshit. When you criticize the left but are afraid to answer where you get your news, you're usually a right winger, especially in a thread titled Dump Shithole.

I've heard almost exclusively on Fox News and echoed by Right Wingers that calling Trump out on his illegal activities will somehow make independents and undecided voters move to Trump. Fox knows that middle of the road voters peek in on their shit show of a network and are hoping to lure more in to their "cult-like" beliefs. If you repeat it, it does not make you a Right Winger . . . but, like it or not, it is still Right Wing propaganda.

I'm an independent and I know quite a few other Independents. This discussion of moving to Trump/mistreatment of the President has never come up between us. Anyone saying shit like that has no idea what they are talking about. No one is moving to Trump out of sympathy or because they feel that he has been mistreated. The only people that feels he has been unfairly persecuted already voted for him in 2016.
Because of my line of work, I'm required to get my news from multiple outlets. This includes a variety of newspapers, cable news networks, and academic articles (this is my primary source, but these are never entirely up-to-date). Beyond this, I watch multiple podcasts and, when I think they're useful, blog posts from reputable sources.

Since the media is entirely fucked these days, I am of the opinion that the best way to start one's day is to study both ends of the pendulum on a daily basis, understanding that the truth lies somewhere in the middle. As such, I recognize Fox News and CNN as two ends of the media/political spectrum and I start my days by reading the top news stories from each outlet. I then read and watch multiple lesser biased sources, PBS, some Canadian and world news outlets, etc.

While I am aware that MSNBC might be more left-leaning than CNN, they at least admit to their bias.

Of all the people I see on cable news, Stelter is one of the worst. If he's proven wrong, or if he's pressed in any way, he goes into defensive mode and attempts to justify falsehoods put forth on his show. This is why I singled him out to begin with.

In terms of where you should get your news, if you're truly interested I would recommend my strategy above. But, it takes a few hours a day to sift through it all. I'm not much on TV, so to a certain extent that is a source of entertainment, although as I mentioned I need to do this anyways. There is no one source that isn't biased in some way. The best way to avoid being inculcated with someone else's bias is to peruse various sources and make up your own opinion.

With respect to where I lie on the political spectrum, I voted for Trudeau in the previous election, but won't dare vote for him in the upcoming election. I like to consider myself an independent, and maybe writ large I am, but we've seen recalibration in the political spectrum over the last few years and I see myself leaning more right than I did in the past. I don't think this concerns a change in my personal opinions, rather the left seems to be shifting further left. This isn't to say I won't be left again in the future, but the liberal party here in Canada, and the Democratic party in the US would have to make certain changes to their platforms. This is why I like to consider myself an independent - I am willing to change who I support for over time.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Pat Robertson ‘Appalled’ By Trump: He ‘Allowed Khashoggi to Be Cut in Pieces,’ May Lose ‘The Mandate of Heaven’ Over Syria
https://www.mediaite.com/trump/pat-robe ... a-pullout/

Robertson said he was “absolutely appalled” by the announcement, warning that Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan is a “thug” and a “dictator.”

“To say he’s an ally of America is nonsense. He’s in for himself,” said the 700 Club host. “The President, who allowed [Jamal] Khashoggi to be cut in pieces without any repercussions whatsoever, is now allowing the Christians and the Kurds to be massacred by the Turks.”

exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

After the universal response of "WTF?", it's just reported less than an hour ago that President Wishy-Washy has reversed his decision to pull out of Syria. Probably because of the report characterizing him as "getting rolled" by Turkey.

LOL @ "Great and unmatched wisdom".

What an idiot.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by milk-milk-lemonade »

Republicans try a new excuse to defend Trump: It's just a joke

Marco Rubio: "I think he did it to get you guys. I think he did it to provoke you to ask me and others and get outraged by it. He plays it like a violin and everyone falls into it. That's not a real request."

Jim Jordan: "You really think he was serious about thinking that China's going to investigate the Biden family?"

Roy Blunt: "I doubt the China comment is serious,"

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/10/07/politi ... cnn.com%2F
ImageImage
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:USA USA USA !!
!
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:'Oh boy...' is a 300 Part Series
whammybar
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by whammybar »

It's all a joke. But he doesn't see it, he believes he's a historical leader whose monumental pronouncements should be immediately etched into stone.
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Turner Coates wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:14 am Image
I thought this was a joke tweet that you wrote. Of course not. Because of fucking course not. Dude gets worse every day.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

"My great and unmatched wisdom?"

Even on his most incoherent rambling on here did Joel Trae ever say something this fucking insane... :lol:
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

exitflagger wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:30 pm After the universal response of "WTF?", it's just reported less than an hour ago that President Wishy-Washy has reversed his decision to pull out of Syria. Probably because of the report characterizing him as "getting rolled" by Turkey.
Ah yes, the ever popular "Turkey roll." .....with cheese.

Metal Sludge
The End All Be All

Post by Metal Sludge »

Luminiferous wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:06 pm "My great and unmatched wisdom?"

Even on his most incoherent rambling on here did Joel Trae ever say something this fucking insane... :lol:
Nope!
I don't know if I banned him or he just disappeared (like to prison), but damn! It would have been funny to get his take on all this shit!
SebastianLeeDanzig
"UR GAY!" signed, Stevie

Post by SebastianLeeDanzig »

milk-milk-lemonade wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:36 pm Marco Rubio: "I think he did it to get you guys. I think he did it to provoke you to ask me and others and get outraged by it. He plays it like a violin and everyone falls into it. That's not a real request."
When Republicans start sounding like Rev, you know you've reached rock bottom. No matter how jaded we've become, this is fucking incredible. I'd never expect to hear something this retarded anywhere outside a message board in the first place, but from a career politician it's just something else.
exitflagger

Post by exitflagger »

SebastianLeeDanzig wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:27 pm
milk-milk-lemonade wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:36 pm Marco Rubio: "I think he did it to get you guys. I think he did it to provoke you to ask me and others and get outraged by it. He plays it like a violin and everyone falls into it. That's not a real request."
When Republicans start sounding like Rev, you know you've reached rock bottom. No matter how jaded we've become, this is fucking incredible. I'd never expect to hear something this retarded anywhere outside a message board in the first place, but from a career politician it's just something else.
I don't know. It makes perfect sense to me. It's not a real request because he's not a real president.
ImageImage
Drunk Mazeraturd wrote: ...but hes going to run and hes going to win.
GoodJudge
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by GoodJudge »

Pat Robertson ‘Appalled’ By Trump: He ‘Allowed Khashoggi to Be Cut in Pieces,’ May Lose ‘The Mandate of Heaven’ Over Syria

Robertson said he was “absolutely appalled” by the announcement, warning that Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan is a “thug” and a “dictator.”

“To say he’s an ally of America is nonsense. He’s in for himself,” said the 700 Club host. “The President, who allowed [Jamal] Khashoggi to be cut in pieces without any repercussions whatsoever, is now allowing the Christians and the Kurds to be massacred by the Turks.”
Can someone explain this one to me? Pat fucking Robertson, Pat 'BELIEVE in Jesus or go to HELL' Robertson is so deeply concerned about a bunch of heathen towel heads (with a few Christians amongst them, but they're not white so not his type) that he thinks Trump will lose God's mandate for abandoning them? Is this Rapture-related or some such nonsense?

Obviously the whole policy about-turn is the usual Trump clusterfuck, it's just the above angle that I don't get.
Pierce Foreskin

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

Next he is going to tell us he doesn't poop.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Pierce Foreskin wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:11 am

Next he is going to tell us he doesn't poop.
Immaculate defecation.
ImageImage
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Danzig in the Dark wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:20 am Immaculate defecation.
Holy shit.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
Pierce Foreskin

Post by Pierce Foreskin »

Mojo wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:03 am
Holy shit.
Yup, then he and Kim Jong-Il will be on the same spiritual level.
Every lady needs a Prince Albert in her Can
UtahRatt wrote: You either like Zappa or you like taking it up the ass with anal beads the size of a plum.
risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

Pierce Foreskin wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:39 am
Mojo wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:03 am
Holy shit.
Yup, then he and Kim Jong-Il will be on the same spiritual level.
Worshipping the golden arches …

milk-milk-lemonade
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by milk-milk-lemonade »

Trump team's 'days of playing nice are done,' source says

The White House argues in a letter that Pelosi is holding an illegitimate impeachment process, and it won't cooperate
ImageImage
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:USA USA USA !!
!
milk-milk-lemonade wrote:'Oh boy...' is a 300 Part Series
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Dig, Spanky, Dig!