Bobby Blotzer = piece of shit

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Re: Bobby Blotzer = piece of shit

Post by Turner Coates »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:13 pm
lemmysmole wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:11 pm
Turner Coates wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:24 pm

He's probably pounding the pavement or kicking ass on a carpet.
:lol: Wasn't he banging Cindy Brady?
Yep!
That's whose carpet I was talkin' about.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
lemmysmole
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by lemmysmole »

Turner Coates wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:15 pm
DemonFilth2001 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:13 pm
lemmysmole wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:11 pm

:lol: Wasn't he banging Cindy Brady?
Yep!
That's whose carpet I was talkin' about.
:lol: That carpets been worn out for decades.
Whoopie on Mojo "I do. If you dont like it , then take your cockeyed horseface to another post. :twisted:"
gtrjay
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by gtrjay »

This post is approaching 4 years.

Feb 2016 :lol:
I’m completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. These two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin - Modern Philosopher
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

VP Guitars
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by VP Guitars »

gtrjay wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:28 pm This post is approaching 4 years.

you idiot!!!

you sit there laughing but u forget that we lost the text message screenshots! Get ur ass to work and fucking find them!

There is a crisis here and youre laughin!

FUCK YOU GTRJAY!!!
gtrjay

Post by gtrjay »

VP Guitars wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:06 pm

you idiot!!!

you sit there laughing but u forget that we lost the text message screenshots! Get ur ass to work and fucking find them!

FUCK YOU GTRJAY!!!

Hi Bobby! :lol:
I’m completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. These two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Michael Hotts Ghost
Doing 10 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by Michael Hotts Ghost »

Wonder if he even plays drums at all anymore. He's probably dying to get back on "The Pad" at this point
lemmysmole
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by lemmysmole »

gtrjay wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:33 am

you idiot!!!

FUCK YOU GTRJAY!!!

Hi Blobby! :lol:
Whoopie on Mojo "I do. If you dont like it , then take your cockeyed horseface to another post. :twisted:"
Chip Z'Hoy

Post by Chip Z'Hoy »

lemmysmole wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:50 pm

you idiot!!!

FUCK YOU GTRJAY!!!

Couple of sharp tacks right here.
LAglamrocker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:56 pmClub was packed with Metal Edge fans 18-30..no stupid Rush Roll The Bones dipsh*ts
lemmysmole
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by lemmysmole »

Chip Z'Hoy wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:04 pm
lemmysmole wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:50 pm

Couple of sharp tacks right here.
Hi stalker!
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

Bump... Such a beautiful thread.. :lol:
gtrjay

Post by gtrjay »

4+ years strong.
kreamygoodness
Headlining Clubs

Post by kreamygoodness »

LitaStrauss wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:57 am Nobody is out to get you. Get off line and stop reading bullshit.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

BigMermPerm87

Post by BigMermPerm87 »

what's the story behind blobby and the cleaning carpet business?
poisonheart
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by poisonheart »

melissazombie wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:43 pm what's the story behind blobby and the cleaning carpet business?
I don’t remember the whole tale, but the moral of the fable was that all the Ratts in Rattsville had dirty carpets in their drawers all along.
Blotzer's Treehouse
Playing at a Friend's Party

Post by Blotzer's Treehouse »

melissazombie wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:43 pm what's the story behind blobby and the cleaning carpet business?

From Bobby Blotzer's Poorly Written Book:

I didn't finish high school, much less have a college business degree, but I've always had a business mentality. Logic will tell you what will and will not work. It was slapstick entrepreneuring, but it did the trick. Those businesses brought money in. All of them.

When I bought the steam cleaning business in 1993, it was with the intentions of running it from afar, and having someone else work it for the day to days. But, like so many things in life, it didn't work out like that.

It was very sobering. I was a platinum selling rock star. But here I am, cleaning carpets. I was banking good money, but it didn't make it feel that much better. Honestly, I'm happiest with a couple of trees in my hand, beating the shit out of a kit in front of ten thousand people.

That's my home. That's where I can live. Steam cleaning was about survival. Nothing more. Once RATT got back together at the end of 1996, I was like, "Thank God!” In 1997, I made about $250,000 in RATT, and it was like money from Heaven, let me tell you. But, who's to say? Am I a rock star who did some steam cleaning, or am I a steam cleaner who used to be a rock star?

It's a fine fucking line, my friend. Trust me.

To be honest with you, my friend Harold Hawthorne, who I learned guitar from, has been a steam cleaner for 25 years. Yeah, it's not glamorous, but he pulls down around $100,000 a year. Honestly, if you know what you're doing, you never make less than about $100 per hour. A one-bedroom apartment was $55, and it took you a half hour. And, that was back then. I don't know what it would run today, but there's money made in that business.

It's just humbling to do it after you've sold 12 million records, you know? I worked with a property management company that kept me swamped with jobs, cleaning their vacant apartments. It was always a quick in and out, with no one there. Easy money.

They had complexes all over the place in Lawndale and Hawthorne. I could go in there and bang those things out all day and make $300 or $400 a day. It was really lucrative. One day, they give me a call to go take care of some apartments they just acquired over in Inglewood. I really didn't want to go to Inglewood, or Ingle-Watts as we called it. It was a favor for them. I get over there, and damn it if it isn't a three-story building with no elevator.

Fuck me.

I had a method of carrying the hoses and buckets and everything, so I start lugging all this stuff up the stairs. I get to the apartment they needed me to take care of, and pull the key out. I open the door, and holy shit!

That place was just nasty, trashed out carpet. It stunk. The whole apartment stunk. I was like, "Shit.” I didn't want to do it, but Mr. Jenkins really needed me to take care of it. Jenkins Property Company was a big client, and I didn't want to do anything to jeopardize that. Nothing!

So, I get to work on it. I'm cleaning this disgusting, nasty assed carpet in Ingle-Watts with the door open. My steam cleaner is outside the door, and I glance out toward it. In the distance, over the top of the cleaner, I can see the LA Forum, and it hit like a sledgehammer between the fucking eyes! We sold the Forum out, with Bon Jovi opening up for us, in 1985. Here it is, 1993, just eight years later, and I'm steam-cleaning carpets.

That was a low point. That was my "where the fuck is my Jack Daniels" moment. I was as depressed as I've ever been.

But, I had to do what I had to do to take care of my family and my responsibilities. A lot of people would make fun of that situation, maybe even talk about how pathetic a fall from grace it would be to them, and they might be right...... but, you do what you have to do.
Insane Clown Potsie
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Insane Clown Potsie »

Rock star? Even when I was listening to Ratt back in the days, I couldn't even tell you the drummers name.

Blotzer has never been a rock star. He is the least known member of an 80's hair band that he got himself fired from and now owes enormous amounts of money to its former and present members.
gtrjay

Post by gtrjay »

You new here? :lol:
Wild Obsession
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Wild Obsession »

Well on the bright side, cleaning carpets is no longer Bob's "low point". :D
BigMermPerm87

Post by BigMermPerm87 »

gtrjay wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:19 pm
haha.. no, but I always hear about him cleaning carpets. I thought it was a joke and I guess it's not.
I want to read his book, now! :mrgreen:
lemmysmole
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by lemmysmole »

Rooster wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:10 pm
melissazombie wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:26 am

haha.. no, but I always hear about him cleaning carpets. I thought it was a joke and I guess it's not.
Believe it or not, it was a decent read as books on washed up 80s rockstars go. Mainly because he didn’t feel the need to give a shit what the other members of his band would think.
Yet, Blobby can't imagine why the other guys hate him.
VP Guitars

Post by VP Guitars »

Rooster wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:10 pm
melissazombie wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:26 am

Believe it or not, it was a decent read as books on washed up 80s rockstars go. Mainly because he didn’t feel the need to give a shit what the other members of his band would think.
Fuckin' I always laughed at the thought of Blobster writing a book. But that excerpt was not bad. Unfiltered.
Kristy_Deville
Recording Debut Album

Post by Kristy_Deville »

Indy_Rob
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by Indy_Rob »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
NearlyNormal
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by NearlyNormal »

"This ain't a bar, it's a saloon!!"
Luminiferous

Post by Luminiferous »

Just found this from and interview back in the days of Sludge... Blotzer is credited on 3 songs the entire tenure of Ratt up until Infestation.. Anyone believe Blotzer ever wrote some "good ones?" And what were they? :lol:

Ratt members past and present took to badmouthing each other at every given opportunity. The website metal-sludge.com interviewed Bobby Blotzer and read him a quote from Ratt’s former singer. “Pearcy recently said about you, ‘Bobby's a drummer, not a songwriter. He's a guy who knows nothing about anything and now he thinks he know something about everything. Bobby's a prick. Give yourself some respect man and shut the fuck up! You're running the integrity of our music and band into the dirt. I'm sure that Robbin and Juan are thanking themselves for not being part of this mess [the new Ratt].’ What is your response to that?”

Blotzer replied “I just laugh at Pearcy…anyone who knows Pearcy knows what I'm talking about. The only songs that Pearcy truly wrote himself were the ones on the EP [1983’s ‘Ratt’]. Beau Hill, Juan [and] Robbin...used to come up with most of the melodies on the tunes, and rewrite most of the lyrics that he [Pearcy] would come up with. Sorry, but that’s the truth. And as far as myself being only a drummer? I've played guitar for 28 years and, while I'm not breaking any records for the most material written, I've had some good ones down the line.”
digna

Post by digna »

Luminiferous wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:55 am Just found this from and interview back in the days of Sludge... Blotzer is credited on 3 songs the entire tenure of Ratt up until Infestation.. Anyone believe Blotzer ever wrote some "good ones?" And what were they? :lol:

“He's a guy who knows nothing about anything and now he thinks he know something about everything. Bobby's a prick. Give yourself some respect man and shut the fuck up! You're RUNNING the integrity of our music and band into the dirt.nly a drummer
:D usually...for some reason it’s the Bassist who acts like the idiot “leader”, but Bobby’s the biggest pos, egotistical, most expendable of that band, such a douche.

Who did write the hits...Robin and Juan? They did have some great songs, perfect for the time. Like most of the great bands their first three...including the EP were/are amazing.
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »