Blubbergunt Van Halen plays bizarre gig on donut shaped stage in front of bored audience members

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Nibbler
Forming a Band

Re: Blubbergunt Van Halen plays bizarre gig on donut shaped stage in front of bored audience members

Post by Nibbler »

Do you think this mom told him that those Hermann Munster shoes are slimming?
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Re: Blubbergunt Van Halen plays bizarre gig on donut shaped stage in front of bored audience members

Post by daveg »

He is also still playing on a table cloth..

And also appears bored as hell at his own show. Looks like he's checking his texts....or maybe his Microwave Burrito timer went off. Check out about 1 min in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfG_sZy ... el=MJTLIVE
CANT_GET_ENUFF69
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by CANT_GET_ENUFF69 »

Fatboy and his buddies should've been the ones out in the parking lot. PRONG and OVERKILL should be in the stadium with Pantera and Metallica
MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

At the 20:30 mark after ending the song. the level of audible applause from the crowd is comparable to 100 maybe 150 people in a club...

.... even though there were likely 20,000 - 30,000 in the stadium at that time.... translation, nobody gives a F#@k about this band.

This guy is about as exciting as watching a Special Olympics prelim wheelchair race.

You wanna cheer, and be hopeful that nobody tips over before the finish-line and of course, like in today's world, everyone gets a trophy.

As for me... I hope he tips over... ala Jack Russell... live on stage and I hope there is a video to share... slow motion replays and all!

$tEvil
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Was that a beeping sound when he backed up?
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
rockker
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by rockker »

Some bands have no business being on an in the round stage, this is definitely one of them
Kiss fans are like old men at the strip club. We know we're getting bilked but give 'em our money anyway. - Danko Jones
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Best seat is behind the Mammoth in the pit
He has his moms ass#thanksPops
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

rockker wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:58 pm Some bands have no business being on an in the round stage, this is definitely one of them
"""""""""""""" round """""""""""""""""

A subliminal dis there...

$tEvil :lol:
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

Wolfie gets a ton (pun intended) of hate on Sludge. If this were a different era, Mammoth would be a band to be heard and not seen. By today's disposable standards, the guy is pretty good, albeit generic. And he doesn't need the money. If you boil it down, it's a vanity project. I don't know the biz except for what is shared here, but IMO, he should not have come out of the gate with two back-to-back, generic albums. He's not going to last unless he diversifies. Think, Myles Kennedy. Love or hate his voice; he works on many projects and isn't THE NAME in some. Maybe Fatty McFatFat should have gone into producing or engineering as his "job" and once in a while ripped out a few tunes and/or some club shows.

Come on...opening for Metallica? I think the reason he is such a social media twat is because of 1) Genetics. Both parents are sort of that. 2) You can't compete in the Van Halen family with daddy-o. He knows that level of notoriety will always elude him. He could rival the combined skills of Edward, Vai, the dude from Polyphia, and Guthrie Govan and not rise higher than he is now. He will get wider though.
DiamondDog
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DiamondDog »

Say what you will about the quality of his music, his size, the attendance at the show, whatever. But how is it "bizarre"?
skunklovestiger wrote:Beeing funny is ok, beeing stupid is not !!
kytepunches
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by kytepunches »

All hail the Burger King of Nepo Babies.

i wonder how many times a week he mentions who his father was ?
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

It’s bizarre that Fatburger “plays” with worlds biggest thrash/metal band along with Pantera in a stadium
Dunkin’ Donut stage is hilarious

Metallica wives need more spending money so Mr FatburgerHalen paid the bill

Could have easily gave spot to someone like Testament. That would actually appreciate it
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Metal Sludge
The End All Be All

Post by Metal Sludge »

I saw him open for GnR in 2021 I guess?
First show after Covid. I was just excited to be there!
He didn't totally suck. The music was fine I guess, but I didn't know it so I didn't pay too much attention.
But of course, he is on tour with Guns & Roses and Metallica because his name is Van Halen.
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BernieTaupson »

DiamondDog wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:01 pm Say what you will about the quality of his music, his size, the attendance at the show, whatever. But how is it "bizarre"?
Did you not watch one second of it? He’s a hundred feet away from the rhythm guitarist.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Gunto has also made an EVH branded hollow body guitar because he wants to be Grohl. Guess we don’t worry about making stuff that Ed approved anymore now boyos, slap an EVH logo on it and try and make some cash to buy downloadable skins for World of Warcraft!

Coming soon - the EVH heavy load gaming chair (supports 600 pounds) - comes with inbuilt intravenous Mountain Dew drip for 18 hour Dark Souls campaigns.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Metal Sludge wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:26 pm I saw him open for GnR in 2021 I guess?
First show after Covid. I was just excited to be there!
He didn't totally suck. The music was fine I guess, but I didn't know it so I didn't pay too much attention.
But of course, he is on tour with Guns & Roses and Metallica because his name is Van Halen.

MAMMOTH WVH - " It's fine, I guess™ "
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

Guy can sing and play adequately well, but the music is just so fucking bland and unremarkable. The perfect background noise for people who think Nickelback are too edgy..
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

It's a blend of mid-period Foo Fighters mixed with later era Foo Fighters.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

LAglamrocker wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:34 pm It’s bizarre that Fatburger “plays” with worlds biggest thrash/metal band along with Pantera in a stadium
Dunkin’ Donut stage is hilarious
Wolfie IS The Mammoth.....with a back up band.
Since they aren't as large, I think the Wolfman should call them "THE NIBBLERS."

DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

Someone in the comments said he needs to use his talents to play something more genuine than ‘hard dick rock’
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Turner Coates wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:58 pm Wolfie IS The Mammoth.....with a back up band.
Since they aren't as large, I think the Wolfman should call them "THE NIBBLERS."
Wolfman Fatt and the Bottom Feeders.
DiamondDog
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DiamondDog »

BernieTaupson wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:34 pm
DiamondDog wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:01 pm Say what you will about the quality of his music, his size, the attendance at the show, whatever. But how is it "bizarre"?
Did you not watch one second of it? He’s a hundred feet away from the rhythm guitarist.
Actually, no, I did not watch enough to notice that. That's odd, yeah. Maybe he has BO.
skunklovestiger wrote:Beeing funny is ok, beeing stupid is not !!
Darrien
Headlining Clubs

Post by Darrien »

TooOldToCare wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:30 pm 2) You can't compete in the Van Halen family with daddy-o. He knows that level of notoriety will always elude him
While I was in the waiting room of the doctor the other day, one of those boring morning TV shows was on and Mammoth was about to perform. They started off with an interview, and right out of the gate were showing a pic of EVH with Wolfie as a baby or some shit and asking about his dad. Wolfie is only on TV bc of who his dad is, his band is generic garbage yet he acts all high and mighty like he has accomplished something in life.
Dayman...fighter of the Nightman..
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Darrien wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:26 am Wolfie is only on TV bc of who his dad is, his band is generic garbage yet he acts all high and mighty like he has accomplished something in life.
If he wasn't the son of celebs, he'd have a hard time attracting admirers.

ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

Gibsonite wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:57 pm Guy can sing and play adequately well, but the music is just so fucking bland and unremarkable. The perfect background noise for people who think Nickelback are too edgy..

This.

Watched Wolf open for GNR 2 years ago. It was like Chris Daughtry with a slightly better band.

Maybe that’s the future of the band. A reliable, faceless opener for other name band’s.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
DangerZone
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DangerZone »

ParaDime77 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:21 pm
Gibsonite wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:57 pm Guy can sing and play adequately well, but the music is just so fucking bland and unremarkable. The perfect background noise for people who think Nickelback are too edgy..

This.

Watched Wolf open for GNR 2 years ago. It was like Chris Daughtry with a slightly better band.

Maybe that’s the future of the band. A reliable, faceless opener for other name band’s.
looks to be the future of rock: paying to open for nostalgia acts
(Like the whisky)
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Darrien wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:26 am
TooOldToCare wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:30 pm 2) You can't compete in the Van Halen family with daddy-o. He knows that level of notoriety will always elude him
While I was in the waiting room of the doctor the other day, one of those boring morning TV shows was on and Mammoth was about to perform. They started off with an interview, and right out of the gate were showing a pic of EVH with Wolfie as a baby or some shit and asking about his dad. Wolfie is only on TV bc of who his dad is, his band is generic garbage yet he acts all high and mighty like he has accomplished something in life.

""""""""""""""""his band is generic garbage yet he acts all high and mighty like he has accomplished something in life.""""""""""""""""""""""""

But he carved out his own path and did it all on his own. He even said so.

$tEvil
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

DiamondDog wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 2:05 am
BernieTaupson wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:34 pm
Actually, no, I did not watch enough to notice that. That's odd, yeah. Maybe he has BO.
Maybe????