Great stretch at bar tonight

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Great stretch at bar tonight

Post by MattleyCrue »

I took over the AMI jukebox at the bar

Trixter - Play Rough
Danger Danger - Live it Up
Tuff - Ruck a Pit Bridge
Baton Rouge - Bad Time Coming Down
Babylon AD - Maryanne

Impressive mix and it was loud. I was oldest there crowd 21-27 everyone enjoyed it
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Bono Nettencourt
Debut Album Goes Gold

Re: Great stretch at bar tonight

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

AKA the dreaded "clear the room" set.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
BDG135
Platinum Artist

Post by BDG135 »

I used to like to play obscure music on a public jukebox. Then I realized I was being a dick.
Not everybody is on MetalShit.com and Blabberface fuckin’ dot net! Who cares? There’s such a small amount of people that do that. - Blotz
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

What does Ruck a Pit Bridge mean?
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

I felt awesome and I think everyone appreciated the hair metal being played.
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

MattleyCrue wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:37 pm I felt awesome and I think everyone appreciated the hair metal being played.
Were women all over you? How many phone numbers did you get? Any test drives scheduled?
https://www.last.fm/user/SundownDevil
LAglamrocker wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:45 am I can’t believe people actually don’t live in So Cal/ San Diego/Vegas circle ..waste of life
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Try this next time. Go up to a group of girls with a $10 bill and say, "let's go take over the Jukebox. You pick a song, and then I'll pick a song". Total conversation starter and get some banter going back and forth. However, please show much better taste.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

MattleyCrue wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:47 pm I took over the AMI jukebox at the bar

Trixter - Play Rough
Tuff - Ruck a Pit Bridge
Babylon AD - Maryanne

Impressive mix and it was loud. I was oldest there crowd 21-27 everyone enjoyed it
Nice of your town to have a bar where special needs ppl can go for a night out
Charles Bukaki

Post by Charles Bukaki »

Gibsonite wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:57 am
MattleyCrue wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:47 pm I took over the AMI jukebox at the bar

Trixter - Play Rough
Tuff - Ruck a Pit Bridge
Babylon AD - Maryanne

When I lived in Colorado, there were two bars I played pool out of. Each one had a mentally challenged adult who was often there. One of them played nothing but kiss, the other one played pretty much B level hair bands with the occasional Dio song thrown in.
RaceFan3
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by RaceFan3 »

This would be a great jukebox set at the dive I go to right after work on Fridays. Cheap happy hour beers and its always obscure jukebox time. Along with plenty of classic rock of course, but the rarer the better. Turned quite a few people on to new (old) bands this way.
*I kinda want a new screenname. Seriously. I barely watch racing anymore. :x
Bono Nettencourt
Debut Album Goes Gold

Charles Bukaki wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:24 am

Trixter - Play Rough
Tuff - Ruck a Pit Bridge
Babylon AD - Maryanne

When I lived in Colorado, there were two bars I played pool out of. Each one had a mentally challenged adult who was often there. One of them played nothing but kiss, the other one played pretty much B level hair bands with the occasional Dio song thrown in.
Sounds like Matlleys kinda place.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Charles Bukaki wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:24 am

Trixter - Play Rough
Tuff - Ruck a Pit Bridge
Babylon AD - Maryanne

Was he wearing anything from Chrome Hearts?
ImageImage
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

Wouldn't recognize a single song. The 80s were my high school and college days, but I must not have been as big a fan of non-A-list bands of the day.
Bono Nettencourt
Debut Album Goes Gold

Wouldn't expect you to. Those songs are going pretty deep into the D-list barrel.
Cindy Buzzedimisa

Post by Cindy Buzzedimisa »

cowpins wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:28 am Try this next time. Go up to a group of girls with a $10 bill and say, "let's go take over the Jukebox. You pick a song, and then I'll pick a song". Total conversation starter and get some banter going back and forth. However, please show much better taste.
Me & my friends would've just snatched the money out of his hand and left him maybe 3 credits.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Cindy Buzzedimisa wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:44 am
cowpins wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:28 am Try this next time. Go up to a group of girls with a $10 bill and say, "let's go take over the Jukebox. You pick a song, and then I'll pick a song". Total conversation starter and get some banter going back and forth. However, please show much better taste.
Me & my friends would've just snatched the money out of his hand and left him maybe 3 credits.
With or without knowing he's a car salesman?

(no offense, Mattley). :P
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Bono Nettencourt
Debut Album Goes Gold

If they found out he was a car salesman, they would've picked all the songs and then kicked him in the nuts.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:00 am If they found out he was a car salesman, they would've picked all the songs and then kicked him in the nuts.
If you tried to take money out of my hands you would get knocked the fuck out! Plus there’s no cash it’s bought on the app on my phone. What are you doing to do take my phone? :D
LAglamrocker wrote:
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

MattleyCrue wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:23 pm
Bono Nettencourt wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:00 am If they found out he was a car salesman, they would've picked all the songs and then kicked him in the nuts.
If you tried to take money out of my hands you would get knocked the fuck out! Plus there’s no cash it’s bought on the app on my phone. What are you doing to do take my phone? :D
They would kick your ass then take your phone to send pics to all your friends. The first song they pick would be You and Your Hand.
ImageImage
Bono Nettencourt
Debut Album Goes Gold

cowpins wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:36 am Image
You're right - it was friggin' hilarious.