How big would this VH tour be?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Post Reply
User avatar
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest
Posts: 32189
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:07 pm

How big would this VH tour be?

Post by HueyRamone »

If they could make it happen, and of course they never ever could - How big would this be?

David lee Roth - Vocals to his songs
Sammy Hagar - Vocals to his songs
Flapjack Van Flapass - Lead Guitar
Alex Van Halen - Drums
Michael Anthony - Bass


Would it be as big as the recent metallica tour? Bigger? Would blow away GnR's current draw, right?

Bonus question: If they had a 200millon guarantee to complete 30 shows, would you still put the over/under on them making it past 7 shows?
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
User avatar
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Posts: 12638
Joined: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:17 am
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine
Contact:

Re: How big would this VH tour be?

Post by Psychobolia.com »

On a scale of 1 to Wolfie, I'd give it an 8 (less than MetalliGuns).
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus
Posts: 1591
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:09 am
Location: Vegas

Re: How big would this VH tour be?

Post by BernieTaupson »

About the same as the 07/08 tour with Roth.


Edit : oh fuck I didn’t see you had Wolfcunt instead of Ed. I thought this was a Kitchen Sink tour.

Ok, this idea would be about as big as the 1998 VH3 tour.
Last edited by BernieTaupson on Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tommy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:33 am Lay Your Pans On Heat
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest
Posts: 25641
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:49 am
Location: Candyassland

Re: How big would this VH tour be?

Post by LAglamrocker »

big as The Habit not McDonalds
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest
Posts: 26887
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:44 pm
Location: http://www.TuffCds.com
Contact:

Re: How big would this VH tour be?

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Nobody gives a flying F#@k about the kid... that's a fact and he would NEVER be the featured (only) lead guitarist... he's not big enough. (reverse pun).

They would enlist someone like Satriani or Vai, or a combination of legit veteran Guitar Gods. Even guests like Slash, Zakk, etc... Wolfie is not moving any needle, at all!

The only reason anyone is even going to his shows is because of 2 things.

1. He's being added to huge bills... be it GNR, Metallica or Foo Fighters type shows and Festivals.

On his own, he draws no more than Tom Keifer or L.A. Guns. #fact

2. The entire fan-base are in short, the Eddie Army.

If I was selling Eddie's piss at a Lemonade stand in Chatsworth there would be a line of most of the same guys who are at Porky's shows.

People will go see Dave, Sam, and the other related... but the kid is like a safety gig... people only show up as there are literally NO other VH options.

$tEvil
Vince Neil Eats
Passing Out Band Flyers
Posts: 215
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:56 am

Re: How big would this VH tour be?

Post by Vince Neil Eats »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:22 pm Nobody gives a flying F#@k about the kid... that's a fact and he would NEVER be the featured (only) lead guitarist... he's not big enough. (reverse pun).

They would enlist someone like Satriani or Vai, or a combination of legit veteran Guitar Gods. Even guests like Slash, Zakk, etc... Wolfie is not moving any needle, at all!

The only reason anyone is even going to his shows is because of 2 things.

1. He's being added to huge bills... be it GNR, Metallica or Foo Fighters type shows and Festivals.

On his own, he draws no more than Tom Keifer or L.A. Guns. #fact

2. The entire fan-base are in short, the Eddie Army.

If I was selling Eddie's piss at a Lemonade stand in Chatsworth there would be a line of most of the same guys who are at Porky's shows.

People will go see Dave, Sam, and the other related... but the kid is like a safety gig... people only show up as there are literally NO other VH options.

$tEvil
This is a pretty accurate take.
User avatar
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Posts: 17476
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:49 pm
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Re: How big would this VH tour be?

Post by dmbrocker »

Hire Tommy Thayer if/when the End of the Road tour finally does ever come to an end. That way Tommy can officially say he impersonated two famous 70's guitarists.
Image
Image
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Posts: 17353
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:39 am
Location: North Dakota

Re: How big would this VH tour be?

Post by ParaDime77 »

No VH tour is ever going to happen. Ever. Go see Sammy schlep through the hits on his 28 date tour in 2024. That as close as you’ll get.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
User avatar
SexxAtraxxion
Cockblocked by Poison
Posts: 8926
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:19 am

Re: How big would this VH tour be?

Post by SexxAtraxxion »

Two bands, one tour

Van Halen's Roth:
David Lee Roth
Steve Vai
Alex Van Halen
Wolfgang Van Halen

Van Halen's Hagar:
Sammy Hagar
Joe Satriani
Jason Bonham
Michael Anthony
My music library at last.fm:
https://www.last.fm/user/JonathanHalen
User avatar
cowpins
Platinum Artist
Posts: 10493
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:44 pm

Re: How big would this VH tour be?

Post by cowpins »

Not a bad take from the Sexx. And Stevie's correct.....zero interest in seeing the kid. Yes, he has Eddie's chops, but so could a container of butter.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
User avatar
Bono Nettencourt
Debut Album Goes Gold
Posts: 3953
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:32 pm

Re: How big would this VH tour be?

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

ParaDime77 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:54 pm No VH tour is ever going to happen. Ever. Go see Sammy schlep through the hits on his 28 date tour in 2024. That as close as you’ll get.
Already did that in '91... no thanks.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
User avatar
Black Stuff
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge
Posts: 5042
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:24 pm
Location: Blotz's Treehouse

Re: How big would this VH tour be?

Post by Black Stuff »

BernieTaupson wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:37 pm About the same as the 07/08 tour with Roth.


Edit : oh fuck I didn’t see you had Wolfcunt instead of Ed. I thought this was a Kitchen Sink tour.

Ok, this idea would be about as big as the 1998 VH3 tour.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The power of Sludge compels you.
User avatar
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest
Posts: 32189
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:07 pm

Re: How big would this VH tour be?

Post by HueyRamone »

BernieTaupson wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:37 pm About the same as the 07/08 tour with Roth.


Edit : oh fuck I didn’t see you had Wolfcunt instead of Ed. I thought this was a Kitchen Sink tour.

Ok, this idea would be about as big as the 1998 VH3 tour.
Ed was not selected due to prior commitments of being six feet under.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus
Posts: 1591
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:09 am
Location: Vegas

Re: How big would this VH tour be?

Post by BernieTaupson »

And he’d still play better than in 2004.
Tommy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:33 am Lay Your Pans On Heat
aznsquirt
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus
Posts: 1384
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:16 pm

Re: How big would this VH tour be?

Post by aznsquirt »

Vince Neil Eats wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:31 pm
MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:22 pm Nobody gives a flying F#@k about the kid... that's a fact and he would NEVER be the featured (only) lead guitarist... he's not big enough. (reverse pun).

They would enlist someone like Satriani or Vai, or a combination of legit veteran Guitar Gods. Even guests like Slash, Zakk, etc... Wolfie is not moving any needle, at all!

The only reason anyone is even going to his shows is because of 2 things.

1. He's being added to huge bills... be it GNR, Metallica or Foo Fighters type shows and Festivals.

On his own, he draws no more than Tom Keifer or L.A. Guns. #fact

2. The entire fan-base are in short, the Eddie Army.

If I was selling Eddie's piss at a Lemonade stand in Chatsworth there would be a line of most of the same guys who are at Porky's shows.

People will go see Dave, Sam, and the other related... but the kid is like a safety gig... people only show up as there are literally NO other VH options.

$tEvil
This is a pretty accurate take.
Agreed, although if the "combination of legit veteran Guitar Gods/Guests" scenario were to ever happen, the natural situation would be to have Mammoth WVH open and then have Wolfie come out for a couple of songs on guitar and would get a very positive reaction to it.
User avatar
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Posts: 21510
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:39 pm

Re: How big would this VH tour be?

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

MetalSludgeCEO wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:22 pm Nobody gives a flying F#@k about the kid... that's a fact and he would NEVER be the featured (only) lead guitarist... he's not big enough. (reverse pun).

They would enlist someone like Satriani or Vai, or a combination of legit veteran Guitar Gods. Even guests like Slash, Zakk, etc... Wolfie is not moving any needle, at all!

The only reason anyone is even going to his shows is because of 2 things.

1. He's being added to huge bills... be it GNR, Metallica or Foo Fighters type shows and Festivals.

On his own, he draws no more than Tom Keifer or L.A. Guns. #fact

2. The entire fan-base are in short, the Eddie Army.

If I was selling Eddie's piss at a Lemonade stand in Chatsworth there would be a line of most of the same guys who are at Porky's shows.

People will go see Dave, Sam, and the other related... but the kid is like a safety gig... people only show up as there are literally NO other VH options.

$tEvil
I disagree. This would be the closest to VH they'll get without necromancy. No one cares about WVH but they do care about the son of EVH, as much as he hates to acknowledge that.
ImageImage
RicksPickWrangler
Winning Local Battle of the Bands
Posts: 516
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:10 pm

Re: How big would this VH tour be?

Post by RicksPickWrangler »

CEO nailed it.

A Van Halen tour without Eddie is a non starter.
User avatar
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Posts: 17282
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:49 pm
Location: Zasransk, Belarus

Re: How big would this VH tour be?

Post by Love_Industry »

RicksPickWrangler wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:34 pm CEO nailed it.

A Van Halen tour without Eddie is a non starter.
Not so sure. Journey pulled off replacing Steve Perry by someone who didn't write the classics but sounds like him. Wolfie could pull off a full set of VH classics as long as he doesn't have to write them. And you'd have the OG rhythm section and both classic frontmen up there. Dragging AvH and Roth out of retirement is the biggest problem.
User avatar
Bono Nettencourt
Debut Album Goes Gold
Posts: 3953
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:32 pm

Re: How big would this VH tour be?

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

RicksPickWrangler wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:34 pm CEO nailed it.

A Van Halen tour without Eddie is a non starter.
Yeah Eddie is why Van Hagar outsold Roth solo... it certainly wasn't the poodle-headed 3rd-division mediocrity they replaced Dave with.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
User avatar
Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Posts: 21510
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:39 pm

Re: How big would this VH tour be?

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:26 pm
RicksPickWrangler wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:34 pm CEO nailed it.

A Van Halen tour without Eddie is a non starter.
Yeah Eddie is why Van Hagar outsold Roth solo... it certainly wasn't the poodle-headed 3rd-division mediocrity they replaced Dave with.
VH3
ImageImage
User avatar
Hootchietoad
Headlining Clubs
Posts: 2277
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:56 pm
Contact:

Re: How big would this VH tour be?

Post by Hootchietoad »

Bono Nettencourt wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:26 pm
RicksPickWrangler wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:34 pm CEO nailed it.

A Van Halen tour without Eddie is a non starter.
Yeah Eddie is why Van Hagar outsold Roth solo... it certainly wasn't the poodle-headed 3rd-division mediocrity they replaced Dave with.
Just because Sammy the gaslighter yaps something all the time doesn’t mean it’s true. The actual RIAA numbers tell a different tale when it comes to the sales.

https://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/?ta ... ch_section

Sammy approx 18 million units
David approx 34 million units

People can split hairs if they want but it’s six albums vs six albums in the RIAA eyes…the live album counts as two units in sales.
Image Image
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus
Posts: 1591
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:09 am
Location: Vegas

Re: How big would this VH tour be?

Post by BernieTaupson »

Opening act Mammoth WVH.

Image
Tommy wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:33 am Lay Your Pans On Heat
User avatar
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Posts: 17281
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:59 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: How big would this VH tour be?

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Hootchietoad wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:50 pm
Bono Nettencourt wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:26 pm
RicksPickWrangler wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:34 pm CEO nailed it.

A Van Halen tour without Eddie is a non starter.
Yeah Eddie is why Van Hagar outsold Roth solo... it certainly wasn't the poodle-headed 3rd-division mediocrity they replaced Dave with.
Just because Sammy the gaslighter yaps something all the time doesn’t mean it’s true. The actual RIAA numbers tell a different tale when it comes to the sales.

https://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/?ta ... ch_section

Sammy approx 18 million units
David approx 34 million units

People can split hairs if they want but it’s six albums vs six albums in the RIAA eyes…the live album counts as two units in sales.
He compared Van Hagar to Roth SOLO
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
User avatar
Hootchietoad
Headlining Clubs
Posts: 2277
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:56 pm
Contact:

Re: How big would this VH tour be?

Post by Hootchietoad »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:40 pm
Hootchietoad wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:50 pm
Bono Nettencourt wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:26 pm

Yeah Eddie is why Van Hagar outsold Roth solo... it certainly wasn't the poodle-headed 3rd-division mediocrity they replaced Dave with.
Just because Sammy the gaslighter yaps something all the time doesn’t mean it’s true. The actual RIAA numbers tell a different tale when it comes to the sales.

https://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/?ta ... ch_section

Sammy approx 18 million units
David approx 34 million units

People can split hairs if they want but it’s six albums vs six albums in the RIAA eyes…the live album counts as two units in sales.
He compared Van Hagar to Roth SOLO
Aah, my bad. Yeah no question there.
Image Image
Post Reply