Life after KISS?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Life after KISS?

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

What are the current members of KISS gonna do when (if) it’s finally over?
Obviously, Gene or Paul don’t need to do squat financially, but I think they are so egotistical that they will try to stay in public eye somehow.
What about Eric & Tommy?
Did they make enough dough in KISS to retire and live comfortably?
Will they continue on with the ultimate tribute act?
Thoughts?
Fat_Elvis
Cockblocked by Poison

Re: Life after KISS?

Post by Fat_Elvis »

KISS: Rockstar? Like the INXS thing but for the "official" KISS tribute band?
BernieTaupson
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by BernieTaupson »

That rockstar format was dead after INXS, remember they did a lame “supergroup” for season two and no one watched it.

Gene’s health is fucked, he’s finally accepted it. He aged about ten years overnight after his mother died a few years ago. He doesn’t have her to try to impress anymore. Might do some solo tours if his health allows it.

Paul will still do his lame art and maybe try to cross over genres and do something like a pop country album. He’s red hot with jealousy over Rod Stewart’s crossover success with American Songbook. He thought he would get the same with Soul Station but no one cared.

Eric is over it. He’s got a massive ego so I don’t see him taking a third rate gig just to play. MAYBE go back with Alice, but I’m not sure if he could go back to being just one of the boys and be in the band with all the other journeymen. He thinks he’s above it.

Thayer? Who cares. He’s not good enough to do a solo album and he knows it. He’ll do his winery or whatever it is. He knows he was in the right place at the right time. He’s way more grounded than Eric.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

BernieTaupson wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:55 pm That rockstar format was dead after INXS, remember they did a lame “supergroup” for season two and no one watched it.

Gene’s health is fucked, he’s finally accepted it. He aged about ten years overnight after his mother died a few years ago. He doesn’t have her to try to impress anymore. Might do some solo tours if his health allows it.

Paul will still do his lame art and maybe try to cross over genres and do something like a pop country album. He’s red hot with jealousy over Rod Stewart’s crossover success with American Songbook. He thought he would get the same with Soul Station but no one cared.

Eric is over it. He’s got a massive ego so I don’t see him taking a third rate gig just to play. MAYBE go back with Alice, but I’m not sure if he could go back to being just one of the boys and be in the band with all the other journeymen. He thinks he’s above it.

Thayer? Who cares. He’s not good enough to do a solo album and he knows it. He’ll do his winery or whatever it is. He knows he was in the right place at the right time. He’s way more grounded than Eric.
Sounds legit.

Was there any info on how Thoul Thation did? Did they tour, or just a few one off's? Did the album chart anywhere?
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Thayer and Singer have HAD to invest wisely. Idiots if they didn't.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

cowpins wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:31 pm Thayer and Singer have HAD to invest wisely. Idiots if they didn't.
My buddy is in good with the KISS co. Buddies with Singer too.

Says Singer has saved every plugged nickel he's ever had. No wife, past or present.

Thayer had a divorce, a Bentley, and was dating a stripper.

So the former may well be better off than the latter.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Thayer on the MORC w/ Black & Blue within three years for the win.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
Fat_Elvis
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Fat_Elvis »

HueyRamone wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:19 pm Did the album chart anywhere?
It went to #1 on the Old White Men Who Have No Business Singing Soul Songs chart.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

Fat_Elvis wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:41 pm
It went to #1 on the Old White Men Who Have No Business Singing Soul Songs chart.
Has he been mention that accolade on the radio shows he's being interviewed on?
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Life after Kiss has been phenomenal (like everyday)
1. What will it be like when CM Punk beats Rollins? Some attitude era stuff!!
2. Beach walks in winter will be better(if that’s actually possible)
3: Will be fun to see who plays Morongo tent now that Kiss is gone
4. Will Amber Wild have Bulletboys success?

LIFE AFTER KISS!!
Rammstein books 3 nights at 🌹 Rose Bowl
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
MattleyCrue

Post by MattleyCrue »

Fat_Elvis wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:41 pm
🤣🤣🤣
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
Monkey_Cowboy
Recording Debut Album

Post by Monkey_Cowboy »

BernieTaupson wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:55 pm That rockstar format was dead after INXS, remember they did a lame “supergroup” for season two and no one watched it.

What's the deal with Gene's health? Maybe I missed it, but I haven't heard anything other than him getting old. Is his hair eating him alive?
"I don't need a yes man. I already know I'm right." Richard Nixon
" We can't have these guys sniffin' around our women." Alex P. Keaton
" Wouldn't it be funny if it were stillborn?" PJ Flanagan
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

He had kidney stones, he’s on a bunch of medication for something (he was getting calls in Australia from Shannon reminding him to take his medication on that 60 Minutes interview last year), he seems really unsteady on his feet now - a few months into this tour he started needing a roadie to run out and help support him as he got off the platform at the start of the show. Then they built a little black step with a big pole attached to it that he grabs and steps on when he gets off, then a roadie runs out and carries it offstage. He barely moves during the concerts now, he’ll do entire songs standing in the same place.
Monkey_Cowboy
Recording Debut Album

Post by Monkey_Cowboy »

Got it.

I'm pretty cynical and generally not naive, which is making me nervous that I'm being naive. But I think they're done. Your insights about Gene's health, the stuff we already know about Paul's voice and health, the fact that Gene and Paul can do other things if they want, the fact that they seem to be bored with it by this point, their ages, etc...It just feels like this is really it.

I hope it's the end. And I say that even though I'm going to NYC to see the last show.
"I don't need a yes man. I already know I'm right." Richard Nixon
" We can't have these guys sniffin' around our women." Alex P. Keaton
" Wouldn't it be funny if it were stillborn?" PJ Flanagan
Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

Paul will host an afternoon TV chat show designed for women. He will spend a lot of time talking about his cooking, fashion, his art, and personal hygiene.
The show will be cancelled after a few weeks.

I reckon all songs are folk songs. I ain't never heard no horses singing any.
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Turner Coates wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:47 pm Paul will host an afternoon TV chat show designed for women. He will spend a lot of time talking about his cooking, fashion, his art, and personal hygiene.
The show will be cancelled after a few weeks.
His first guest will be Barry Manilow.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Mojo

Post by Mojo »

I can absolutely see them doing officially licensed tribute bands. They'll tour a bunch of character actors around big theaters and do all the lights and sparklers and shit for another ten years or so until people really do forget about them.
Rooster wrote: I hunt with a handgun.
pieceofme wrote: Yeah, Mojo is a lot of peoples favourite!
keyofgee wrote: I am a free thinker
Image Image
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

HueyRamone wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:36 pm
cowpins wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:31 pm Thayer and Singer have HAD to invest wisely. Idiots if they didn't.
My buddy is in good with the KISS co. Buddies with Singer too.

Says Singer has saved every plugged nickel he's ever had. No wife, past or present.

Thayer had a divorce, a Bentley, and was dating a stripper.

So the former may well be better off than the latter.
Eric was married and divorced at an early age.
BernieTaupson

Post by BernieTaupson »

Mojo wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:43 pm I can absolutely see them doing officially licensed tribute bands. They'll tour a bunch of character actors around big theaters and do all the lights and sparklers and shit for another ten years or so until people really do forget about them.
That’s an awful lot of risk and expense just to sell $39 tickets at tiny venues. What’s the point?

Gene can do a “bass playing masterclass” and sell 50 mouthbreathers a bass worth $600 for $10,000 and feed his ego for four hours having them all treat him like god. Zero risk.
mrspeedgene
Headlining Clubs

Post by mrspeedgene »

BernieTaupson wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:55 pm Eric is over it. He’s got a massive ego so I don’t see him taking a third rate gig just to play. MAYBE go back with Alice, but I’m not sure if he could go back to being just one of the boys and be in the band with all the other journeymen. He thinks he’s above it.
Would love to hear why you say this? Not my experience with him at all.
They laughed at their gods
And fought them in vain
So he turned his
back on them
And left them in pain
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

BernieTaupson wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:01 am
Mojo wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:43 pm I can absolutely see them doing officially licensed tribute bands. They'll tour a bunch of character actors around big theaters and do all the lights and sparklers and shit for another ten years or so until people really do forget about them.
That’s an awful lot of risk and expense just to sell $39 tickets at tiny venues. What’s the point?

Gene can do a “bass playing masterclass” and sell 50 mouthbreathers a bass worth $600 for $10,000 and feed his ego for four hours having them all treat him like god. Zero risk.
Yeah, I dont think KISS is interested in sinking money into building something that might turn a profit.

I think they're into risk-free guaranteed payouts.
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Anybody got any idea how much scab boys make?
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
kanister
Headlining Clubs

Post by kanister »

GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:50 am Anybody got any idea how much scab boys make?
Wasn't Peter Criss whining about being only offered the same 30k a gig as Thayer.

This of course sounds like an extremely high wage for TT.
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

kanister wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:31 am
GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:50 am Anybody got any idea how much scab boys make?
Wasn't Peter Criss whining about being only offered the same 30k a gig as Thayer.

Sounds like decent pay to me
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

VinnieVincentsVag wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:08 pm
kanister wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:31 am

Sounds like decent pay to me
I think Race got more and noodle arms was pissed
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
roxxxtar
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by roxxxtar »

When Kiss is over, they’ll start planning their reunion shows starting in 2024.
Grand Classic
Wannabe Rocker

Post by Grand Classic »

Simmons would sell VIP tickets to his own funeral!
Love_Industry
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Love_Industry »

roxxxtar wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:31 pm When Kiss is over, they’ll start planning their reunion shows starting in 2024.
Not sure they can do it physically. One-offs with regular make-up and clothes I can see.

Something like the ABBAtars show in London would make sense... if they didn't tour or release new albums after the 1996/7 reunion, and released a reunion album with all four playing the new songs for their 50th anniversary. Part of the ABBAtars show's success was that nobody born after 1970 or so had a chance to see them live and knew they never would, and also that they had a bona fide reunion album that was well received by fans (hello Psycho Circus :) out around the same time.
risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

More than Ace and Peter.