KISS final concert on PPV this Saturday

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Re: KISS final concert on PPV this Saturday

Post by BernieTaupson »

kingbrian74 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:37 pm
But on Saturday, I'll be at the Nonpoint/hed (P.E.)/Sumo Cyco show.
The fuck does that even mean? Sounds like a chemistry convention.
VinceVanLane
Playing Frat Parties

Post by VinceVanLane »

$40 these days for a PPV is outdated and a bit much when you can get so many other events for almost free with streaming. Metallica did their 40th Anniversary shows on Amazon for free, provided you had Prime. Foo Fighters did their tribute show to Taylor on Paramount+, where you can also watch events like WrestleMania for $10 a month. Kiss should have hit up a streamer and struck a deal with them. I'd be curious to watch the show but I'm not paying $40 for a PPV in 2023. Plus you know somebody is going to record the PPV and put it online and you'll be able to download it on Sunday.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

VinceVanLane wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:01 pm $40 these days for a PPV is outdated and a bit much when you can get so many other events for almost free with streaming. Metallica did their 40th Anniversary shows on Amazon for free, provided you had Prime. Foo Fighters did their tribute show to Taylor on Paramount+, where you can also watch events like WrestleMania for $10 a month. Kiss should have hit up a streamer and struck a deal with them. I'd be curious to watch the show but I'm not paying $40 for a PPV in 2023. Plus you know somebody is going to record the PPV and put it online and you'll be able to download it on Sunday.
Yeah, I remember watching the Dubai show as it was happening or right after on youtube.

I think Kurrent Kiss sucks ass, but the Dubai one actually did sound pretty good.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

I'd consider it if they paid me $40 and I could turn the sound off...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
Grand Classic
Wannabe Rocker

Post by Grand Classic »

HueyRamone wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:24 pm I think Kurrent Kiss sucks ass, but the Dubai one actually did sound pretty good.
yeah especially when Paula sang a duet with himself during Love Gun because they forgot to mute the live mic and had the track running at the same time

https://youtu.be/iKIYygFEuxE?si=kmKU3_h5UbokLaPj

And why did he fly out to get close to the audience when there was no audience there? Makes no friggin sense
DangerZone
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by DangerZone »

BernieTaupson wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:57 pm
I think he just conjured Vinnie Vincent
TooOldToCare
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by TooOldToCare »

With the advent of YouTube, PPV concerts seem like living in the 80s-'90s. I can see the attraction for hyped sporting events that don't wind up on YT. I think the last PPV concert I purchased was the Moscow Music and Peace Festival. Watched/FF the Dubai NYE show on YT for free the next morning. I imagine it will be similar this time. As others have said, it won't be anything we haven't already seen.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Grand Classic wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:43 pm yeah especially when Paula sang a duet with himself during Love Gun because they forgot to mute the live mic and had the track running at the same time

https://youtu.be/iKIYygFEuxE?si=kmKU3_h5UbokLaPj

And why did he fly out to get close to the audience when there was no audience there? Makes no friggin sense

I suppose he got closer to the "fans" watching from hotel balconies, but jesus christ, that old fruit babbled on for more than two minutes before the song started. He sounds like Debbie Reynolds trying to work a Vegas showroom.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
kingbrian74
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by kingbrian74 »

DangerZone wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:28 pm
Ha! No Vinnie this time. Need to go to Nashville for that, and with a kid in college, that seems unlikely....

Saw Nonpoint on the Mudvayne tour over the summer. They killed it, so figured I'd check them out again. sidenote: Left before the Mudvayne set....not a fan.

hed (p.e.) is one of the few bands from the 90s that I always dug.

Sumo Cyco has some solid songs, and I think they will put on a solid opening set.
tooth
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by tooth »

kingbrian74 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:37 pm I'm a HUGE KISS fan, and I live a couple hours outside NYC by car.

$25 a ticket and I DON'T have to see Paul Stanley's kid perform.
Have you been to Wally's and/or Hampton Beach before? I haven't had the chance to check Wally's as of yet.
kingbrian74

Post by kingbrian74 »

tooth wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:51 am
kingbrian74 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:37 pm I'm a HUGE KISS fan, and I live a couple hours outside NYC by car.

Have you been to Wally's and/or Hampton Beach before? I haven't had the chance to check Wally's as of yet.
No. I haven't been to Hampton Beach in like 25 years. I should go back, as I hear there are some good venues out there.
gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Post by gtshark1 »

kingbrian74 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:39 am

Ha! No Vinnie this time. Need to go to Nashville for that, and with a kid in college, that seems unlikely....

Saw Nonpoint on the Mudvayne tour over the summer. They killed it, so figured I'd check them out again. sidenote: Left before the Mudvayne set....not a fan.

Sumo Cyco has some solid songs, and I think they will put on a solid opening set.
Nonpoint is a great $25. Sumo Cyco is a fun watch/listen. That's a real good night!
TREVERLAST

Post by TREVERLAST »

Rock & Brews locations are broadcasting the PPV for free. That's where I'll be.
tooth

Post by tooth »

kingbrian74 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:28 am

No. I haven't been to Hampton Beach in like 25 years. I should go back, as I hear there are some good venues out there.
Dude, Wally's is on one of the side streets off the beach, you'll be there. It's off season so everything won't be open but some stuff is. Tripoli pizza will be a 4 min drive! https://www.tripolibakery.com/seabrook/
kingbrian74

Post by kingbrian74 »

gtshark1 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:33 am

Nonpoint is a great $25. Sumo Cyco is a fun watch/listen. That's a real good night!
I’m glad someone else gets it!!

That show will rock!
kingbrian74

Post by kingbrian74 »

tooth wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:59 am

Dude, Wally's is on one of the side streets off the beach, you'll be there. It's off season so everything won't be open but some stuff is. Tripoli pizza will be a 4 min drive! https://www.tripolibakery.com/seabrook/
My show is on Saturday in Hartford, CT.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

kingbrian74 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:31 pm

That show will rock!
Do you think it will hold a candle to Vinnie Vincent shredding on a tank? Or the pinwheel sandwiches and clam chowder?
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
kingbrian74

Post by kingbrian74 »

HueyRamone wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:44 pm
kingbrian74 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:31 pm

That show will rock!
Do you think it will hold a candle to Vinnie Vincent shredding on a tank? Or the pinwheel sandwiches and clam chowder?
I wasn't there for the pinwheels/baked potato soup....but the online reviews from attendees were not good. But Nina, who got torn apart online for making them, is an absolute sweetheart!

Vinnie on a tank was, sadly, a missed opportunity, and probably his last chance to win over the majority of KISS fans. Had he delivered on what was promised, it would have been incredible. I still love the guy, but IMO that was a misstep. So, to answer your question, the show on Saturday will be better, as I suspect all bands will show up and play full sets of songs!
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

kingbrian74 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:25 am but the online reviews from attendees were not good. But Nina, who got torn apart online for making them, is an absolute sweetheart!
Do you mean the pinwheels and soup was poorly reviewed, or the whole VV event was?
Darrien
Headlining Clubs

Post by Darrien »

They released a handful of tickets (actual tickets, not resale or official platinum) for NYC, right near the stage, I was like oh how much are these, maybe I can get my gf on board. $612 a piece, service fee $112 a ticket. Sorry, $1400 to see KISS??? fuck off.
Dayman...fighter of the Nightman..
kingbrian74

Post by kingbrian74 »

HueyRamone wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:14 am
kingbrian74 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:25 am but the online reviews from attendees were not good. But Nina, who got torn apart online for making them, is an absolute sweetheart!
Do you mean the pinwheels and soup was poorly reviewed, or the whole VV event was?
I meant the food.....but reviews of the event overall were not great.
tooth

Post by tooth »

kingbrian74 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:33 pm

Got it, how's the Webster? I've been wanting to check that place.
kingbrian74

Post by kingbrian74 »

tooth wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:15 am
kingbrian74 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:33 pm

Got it, how's the Webster? I've been wanting to check that place.
The Webster Theatre is good. It's in a shitty area of Hartford and there isn't enough parking, but other than that, it's fine. Big room, big stage. Never have to wait too long for a drink.

BUT, this show is in the smaller, but attached to the big room, Webster Underground. I have seen a few shows here, but attendance was always small (Faster Pussycat, Hookers & Blow). The set up is not great and the 'stage' area is in a weird place. This show sold out (I looked online, and capacity is 250). I've been there when it is full, so this should be.....interesting.....

The show was supposed to be moved to the big room if it sold out, but I guess that took too long, and now there is a GCW Wrestling show happening at the same time in the big room.
tooth

Post by tooth »

kingbrian74 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:13 pm The Webster Theatre is good. It's in a shitty area of Hartford and there isn't enough parking, but other than that, it's fine. Big room, big stage. Never have to wait too long for a drink.

BUT, this show is in the smaller, but attached to the big room, Webster Underground. I have seen a few shows here, but attendance was always small (Faster Pussycat, Hookers & Blow). The set up is not great and the 'stage' area is in a weird place. This show sold out (I looked online, and capacity is 250). I've been there when it is full, so this should be.....interesting.....

The show was supposed to be moved to the big room if it sold out, but I guess that took too long, and now there is a GCW Wrestling show happening at the same time in the big room.
Thanks for the heads up re: area & parking. With that said, I'll make it down there one of these days. Ironically, I'm loving the GCW Wrestling brand & have been wanting to check them!
kingbrian74

Post by kingbrian74 »

GCW is new to me, but I did check out a local indie show a few years ago, Malice at the Palace put on my Battle Club Pro…..had a great time! I’ll check out GCW too….just not on this Saturday. :-)
Angry Jew
Appetite For Chinese Democracy
Location: Buffalo,NY (Lets go SABRES!)-Swinging on Axl's nuts waiting patiently for Chinese Democracy part 2

Post by Angry Jew »

Pass I'll be waiting on GNR 4O in 2025 where everyone is invited to jam.

https://loudwire.com/all-musicians-who- ... s-lineups/
Where's Izzy?
Zinny
Headlining Clubs

Post by Zinny »

TooOldToCare wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:07 pm
Zinny wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:08 pm
Jason Jennifer Leigh wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:16 am Not inviting Bruce onstage for the last show just ain’t right.
Not even inviting/flying him in as a guest is just plain stupid and cheap.
He’s been promoting his era of the band alone for many years now. Never bad mothing the band he got kicked out from and was with the band through the tough years. That should count for something!
Who knows the real reason, but I could see a thought exercise like this: we're not inviting Ace and Pete. That's a done deal. If we bring Bruce back, the fans will diminish Tommy's tenure and servitude in favor of Bruce. KISS probably doesn't want that on their final live show, so all the emphasis is on these 4. Since they're essentially treating it like the last show, to do something extraordinary would have taken months of planning, contracts, etc. None of that happened, so it's nothing more than a PPV live show.
I didn’t mean to bring him on stage. Just as a guest for being a good employee and a great ambassadeur for the brand/band. There’s really no other former living member they could bring in to the venue without causing drama.
Psychobolia.com
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas
Location: Paris, France, land of sleaze and cheese, wine and whine

Post by Psychobolia.com »

I just read this this morning on Bladdermouth: "My hand on the Bible," Gene told the magazine. "And I should know because my people wrote that book. In fact, my people also wrote the follow-up book, the New Testament. And so I'll say right here, right now, my hand on the Bible, it will be the final KISS-in-makeup appearance."

So a bunch of one-offs without makeup are to be expected I guess.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

, and what about the rescheduled shows? Or do they just go away?
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
maninblack
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by maninblack »

They are scabs and they didnt ask frehley and criss to play on it ( even though we all know it WILL NOT be their last shows ).