HOW MUCH TIME IS LEFT? ... Where does it go? How much do you have left or, does anyone have left?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

HOW MUCH TIME IS LEFT? ... Where does it go? How much do you have left or, does anyone have left?

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

Another year will be gone and quicker than we wanted!

Time…

Where does it go?

How much do you have left?

Or, does anyone have left.

Be thankful…
Be grateful…
Be humble…

My aunt Patty Micka (my late Father’s youngest sister) sent me this photo today.

I can’t tell you what goes through my mind as I see this image…

It’s crazy to think, that I never even met these 2 people, but without them… my life may have been very different, if at all!?

That's my Dad's Father... Alois Hanseter… aka, my Grandpa Hanseter, who died in 1961, several years before I was even born.

He is with his Mother... on the back steps of the house on 10th Street, that I grew up in (Oshkosh Wisconsin).

He was clearly a very hardworking blue collar man, who fathered 7 children, but sadly he passed away at age 49… leaving his wife (my Grandma) Ann Rose Hanseter to raise all the kids (4 Girls and 3 Boys)… she lived to 94.

The photo must be from the late 1940's or 1950's…

The pump in this photo was often our daily supply of fresh well-water.

Oh, and that Apple Tree (the leaves above their head) was where I built my first tree-house and picked apples for my Mom, to bake apple pies.

As a little boy, I sat on those same steps, playing with Trucks or Army Men and Lincoln-Logs, more times than I can count…

And that back-yard, which appears to have been mostly a Garden or crops 20 years earlier (75 years ago), is where my life was shaped.

From cutting the grass, to raking leaves along with swinging on our swing-set and ultimately building skateboard ramps.

The late 1960’s, 1970’s and early 1980’s, this was my home.

The pic of me, is from about 1970, with those same steps to the right of the fence.

Wow… where did 50 years go?

The same place today will go when the clock strikes midnight tonight… into our past… then we start another new day.

Appreciate it… each minute, every moment.., I know I am, and I will.

Thank you for reading…

Stevie Rachelle
😊💪❤️🔥🎤☀️🌴⏳

See the PHOTOS that go with this post!

View on FB or IG!

> https://www.facebook.com/stevierachelle ... 8qetec2N2l

> https://www.instagram.com/p/C1c6VQASaMK/?img_index=1

---------------------------

Thanks for reading...

$tEvil
LAglamrocker

Re: HOW MUCH TIME IS LEFT? ... Where does it go? How much do you have left or, does anyone have left?

Post by LAglamrocker »

Green Jello in Palmdale in April
I want to live that long
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: HOW MUCH TIME IS LEFT? ... Where does it go? How much do you have left or, does anyone have left?

Post by eddie lee roth »

Where do we go from here now that all other children are growin' up
And how do we spend our lives if there's no-one to lend us a hand

I don't wanna live here no more, I don't wanna stay
Ain't gonna spend the rest of my life, Quietly fading away
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Bono Nettencourt »

Games People Play.
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

36 years, 2 months 24 days.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Gibsonite
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Gibsonite »

Who Knows Where The Time Goes - Fairport Convention
https://youtu.be/OkOB57UcYk8?si=5M6rUI9KpRDh99OS

Across the evening sky
All the birds are leaving
But how can they know
It's time for them to go?

Before the winter fire
I will still be dreaming
I have no thought of time

For who knows where the time goes?
Who knows where the time goes?

Sad, deserted shore
Your fickle friends are leaving
Ah, but then you know
It's time for them to go

But I will still be here
I have no thought of leaving
I do not count the time

And I am not alone
While my love is near me
I know it will be so
Until it's time to go

So come the storms of winter
And then the birds in spring again
I have no fear of time

For who knows how my love grows?
And who knows where the time goes?

Songwriters: Sandy Denny
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Ask AI. It will tell you...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Only time will tell if we stand the test of time.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
Jason Jennifer Leigh
Headlining Clubs

Post by Jason Jennifer Leigh »

I’m pretty sure this is my year to go … January is stacked with doctor appointments, it won’t be good news.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

Who knows? This autumn has been hard, my mom and stepson died. Yesterday was his funeral.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

At 50, instead of how much time is left, I see it was, "what's next?", and what's next for me is working harder to save more for travel, toys, etc..., and then grand kids at some point, to spend it all on and experience that chapter in life. I'm only on the 10th hole in life.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
LSD69
Headlining Clubs

Post by LSD69 »

Jason Jennifer Leigh wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:03 am I’m pretty sure this is my year to go … January is stacked with doctor appointments, it won’t be good news.
Are you taking any prescription medication :?:
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

LSD69 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:52 am
Jason Jennifer Leigh wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:03 am I’m pretty sure this is my year to go … January is stacked with doctor appointments, it won’t be good news.
Are you taking any prescription medication :?:
https://youtu.be/Knv1uiTa-QE?si=7UfuQA6UeYzO8iBm
ijwthstd wrote: obviously you take this way too seriously and were deeply affected by what transpired in the early 1990's and hopefully you are discussing these issues with a therapist in addition to other fans on music message boards.
VinceVanLane
Playing Frat Parties

Post by VinceVanLane »

For me, even last year feels like 10 years ago, and 2019 (pre-covid) feels like a lifetime ago. I never wonder where does the time go because I'm present and paying attention to what I'm doing in life. I also don't live in the past. The people who I know who peaked in high school and college are always the same people who are like "I'm getting old" when they're only in their 30s/40s and they spend all their time talking about the "glory days." I guess if you think your best days are behind you, then you have nothing else to focus on.

Also, if you want to slow down time, have a kid, because time moves incredibly slow when you're playing the same game with them for the 1,000th time. :D
Last edited by VinceVanLane on Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
DonJuanDeMarco
Headlining Clubs

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

I was at a funeral recently. I caught up with a lot of family I haven't seen in awhile. Almost every one of them had a recent health scare story...cancer, car accidents, heart condition, lung condition, you name it...

I myself have had several health issues over the years.

So I guess my point is to be careful with your time here. Stay as healthy as possible. Keep in touch with the people you love. And do what makes you happy. Don't waste too much time doing things you hate because you can NOT get that time back.
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
Fat_Elvis
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Fat_Elvis »

I don't know but I find myself hoping for an asteroid more and more often.
Bono Nettencourt
MSX Tour Support Act

Fat_Elvis wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:24 am I don't know but I find myself hoping for an asteroid more and more often.
https://youtu.be/MwINwm5iH2Y?si=7jHUcDQ0L3j6TBFg
MickeyG
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by MickeyG »

Hellsinkey wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:16 am Who knows? This autumn has been hard, my mom and stepson died. Yesterday was his funeral.
Fuck, sorry to hear that, man.

It sucks enough when 1 you are close to dies, but 2 quickly is really hard.
VinnieVincentsVag
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by VinnieVincentsVag »

5 yrs according to Bowie
RhiannNightfire
Heartless Bipolar Bitch

Post by RhiannNightfire »

Not a damn clue.

My husband on the other hand? It's an unknown. There's a vague idea. (He was diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer's this year, but had had it at least for a year or two prior). I know what the research says (4-8 years average), we can hope for longer, but no matter, it still won't be long enough. (he's 58)
alleyrulez
Platinum Artist

Post by alleyrulez »

Gibsonite wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:47 pm Who Knows Where The Time Goes - Fairport Convention
https://youtu.be/OkOB57UcYk8?si=5M6rUI9KpRDh99OS

Across the evening sky
All the birds are leaving
But how can they know
It's time for them to go?

Before the winter fire
I will still be dreaming
I have no thought of time

Sad, deserted shore
Your fickle friends are leaving
Ah, but then you know
It's time for them to go

But I will still be here
I have no thought of leaving
I do not count the time

And I am not alone
While my love is near me
I know it will be so
Until it's time to go

So come the storms of winter
And then the birds in spring again
I have no fear of time

For who knows how my love grows?
And who knows where the time goes?

Songwriters: Sandy Denny
Sandy Denny was the shiz.
skinni
Having Slaughter Open for You

Post by skinni »

5 plus decades left to go. I am grateful for the ideal life thusfar, that consistently keeps getting better.

Happy New Year everyone!
magnersman
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by magnersman »

Hellsinkey wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:16 am Who knows? This autumn has been hard, my mom and stepson died. Yesterday was his funeral.
Sorry for your loss, my wife passed 2 months ago, changes how you feel about everything...stay strong.
Ziggy Sawdust
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

Another 5 years or so.
Hell'sHungryChild wrote:
I have no desire to pay $150 to see an ant sized Ac/Dc and drink $12 beer cups.
crooked soul
Headlining Clubs

Post by crooked soul »

Fat_Elvis wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:24 am I don't know but I find myself hoping for an asteroid more and more often.
I sadly agree with this .....
I feel like the last 10 years ... feels like it all got thrusted into a vortex from hell..thrown into a portals to a paralel universe we don't belong in.. and time has sucked up our lives
Soo quickly that the only way out to reclaim our lives is something like an asteroid to kick us back to our real lives and reset it ..
----Happy New Year everyone..lol! ---
<><
ImageImage
crooked soul
Headlining Clubs

Post by crooked soul »

words cannot express how I am sorry to hear about all the losses and struggles mentioned here..
My heart goes out to all..
There is a lot of profound sadness and deep struggles facing us.... life it is getting harder I guess as we age each year.. too much reality.. wish it would fuck right off...Reality fuckin Bites..
Sooo Thankful for metalsludge to take a break out of our lives for some Rock n Roll fun !!
Love this site..it truly does matter.Thank you CEO $tEvil !!! .... For all that you do..and thank you to everyone who posts.. you never know how 1 post or something funny mentioned would bring a smile to someone's face who happens to be in a moment of struggle time of need.
<><
ImageImage
TooOldToCare
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TooOldToCare »

I'm 57. I lost a wife to cancer 23 years ago, my dad last year, and my mom is 84 and living alone with her 16-year-old dog. I'm an only child, so things have been challenging at this stage of life. I'm sick of working (35 years is enough), but I have to make it another 3-4 years. There are a lot of life things I've done and seen too much of. Yet, I'm not ready to go. I hope I can healthily make it another 20+ years to see more of my kids on their journeys. Only one is married and had our first grandchild. We'll see what the boys do with their relationships and careers. They're younger than the daughter, so they have more time to figure it out. Lastly, I want to retire and enjoy traveling and empty-nesting.

But I'm sick and tired of the state of the world. I'm more than ready for Darwinism to thin the herd A LOT further.
krisholmes
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by krisholmes »

I just hope live long enough to read chapter 25 of the TUFF DIARIES! :|
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

magnersman wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:39 pm
Sorry for your loss, my wife passed 2 months ago, changes how you feel about everything...stay strong.
Thanks.
Hellsinkey

Post by Hellsinkey »

MickeyG wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:42 pm
Fuck, sorry to hear that, man.

It sucks enough when 1 you are close to dies, but 2 quickly is really hard.
Thanks. My mother was ill for a long time, but my stepson died suddenly by accident. 25 is way too early to go.