Bitch Lafon Retarded?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

AliceManson
Headlining Clubs

Bitch Lafon Retarded?

Post by AliceManson »

After a week of ranting he doesn't understand Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin he drools this drivel on facebook.

Mitch Lafon
2h ·
Three other things I’ve learned on social media
1. If you love Bon Jovi and have supported them throughout their career. You are a poseur and have no credibility.
2. If you think POISON is far superior to Nirvana. You are a poseur and have no credibility.
3. If you think SAMMY HAGAR VAN HALEN is far superior to the Dave era. You are a poseur and have no credibility.
One thing is clear, at least, poseur or not - I got to rock out for the last 45 years… #love #music
I shall always love Bon Jovi, Poison and Van Halen.
EatTheGlass wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am I'd bet my house that Grohl shuts the Foos down now
Nibbler wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 pm Looks like Alex has shitcanned the Van Hagar remasters.
Tommy2Tone84
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Bitch Lafon Retarded?

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

AliceManson wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 5:12 am After a week of ranting he doesn't understand Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin he drools this drivel on facebook.

Mitch Lafon
2h ·
Three other things I’ve learned on social media
1. If you love Bon Jovi and have supported them throughout their career. You are a poseur and have no credibility.
2. If you think POISON is far superior to Nirvana. You are a poseur and have no credibility.
3. If you think SAMMY HAGAR VAN HALEN is far superior to the Dave era. You are a poseur and have no credibility.
One thing is clear, at least, poseur or not - I got to rock out for the last 45 years… #love #music
I shall always love Bon Jovi, Poison and Van Halen.

What doesn’t he understand about Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd? I’m honestly asking, I only have a surface knowledge of the guy.

He’s not wrong on points #1, #2 and #3. Those are the prevailing attitudes amongst rock fans and the public in general. Just this week people were calling Van Hagar soccer mom rock on here.
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

He's a poser and has no credibility.
MattleyCrue
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by MattleyCrue »

Yup he’s a tard
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
War_in_D
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by War_in_D »

Is he still asking for donations to cure his "long covid"?
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

Dyslexicheart wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 2:54 pm He's a poser and has no credibility.
All I remember him from was he used to be on that annoying KISS dork podcast with those other losers.

I can say the same about Riki Rachtman, Keith Roth, Jim Florentine and Don Jamieson. #totalposers #hacks #whores #trendfollowingdlisters
Black Stuff
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by Black Stuff »

yes. next question?
The power of Sludge compels you.
Rocker4Real
Winning Local Battle of the Bands

Post by Rocker4Real »

Seems like a Rock geek that got some notoriety. Good for him. Is he as bad as Eddie Trunk?
M_T_E
Music Fan

Post by M_T_E »

Unlike Eddie Trunk, Mitch doesn’t claim everyone to be his longtime friend from back in the day.
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

Mitch is a goof. A fan boy that often wears the t-shirt of the artist/band he's interviewing. He shouldn't be taken even the slightest bit seriously by anybody in regard to music.

It's comical to see Lafon doesn't understand that while he personally may prefer something, that doesn't make it "better". Only a fucking clown would say that Poison is "far superior" to Nirvana with a straight face. People in the business probably laugh at Mitch when he leaves the room.

Say what you will about Eddie Trunk, but he has a depth of knowledge and understanding of the music industry that Mitch boy could never dare to dream about and he would never say anything so utterly stupid.
REO Cokewagon
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by REO Cokewagon »

Yes. He dared to interview Blobster when nobody else would.

Fuck him.
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

M_T_E wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 3:02 pm Unlike Eddie Trunk, Mitch doesn’t claim everyone to be his longtime friend from back in the day.
That’s a plus.

Mitch The Bitch +1
Edtard Chunk - 0
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

NeonKnite wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 8:27 pm Mitch is a goof. A fan boy that often wears the t-shirt of the artist/band he's interviewing. He shouldn't be taken even the slightest bit seriously by anybody in regard to music.

It's comical to see Lafon doesn't understand that while he personally may prefer something, that doesn't make it "better". Only a fucking clown would say that Poison is "far superior" to Nirvana with a straight face. People in the business probably laugh at Mitch when he leaves the room.

Say what you will about Eddie Trunk, but he has a depth of knowledge and understanding of the music industry that Mitch boy could never dare to dream about and he would never say anything so utterly stupid.

Is that anymore clownish than all of you indie, hipster goofs on here saying that the New York Dolls were better than KISS or that those clown shoes snowflakes in Hanoi were better than all of the clown bands in Hollywood in the 80s?

What made Nirvana so great? They were my least favorite 90s band. If I had to place them, they’d be dead last. They were hamburgers for the apocalypse. STP, Pearl Jam, AIC, Soundgarden, Primus, King’s X were all way better bands than Nirvana. F*cking Green Day were better than Nirvana.

Kurt and Krist could barely play so they had that in common with Poison. Kurt could barely sing. Both bands knew how to write catchy, pop songs that appealed to the masses. It’s funny that Nirvana fans think they were so edgy when they had MTV force feeding them that shit just as much as MTV force fed us Poison and Skid Row.

Ask yourself this, would a 1/3 of Nirvana’s fans even know or care about them had they not been MTV’s darlings in 1992? No, the public at large wouldn’t have given two f*cks.
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Tommy2Tone84 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:23 am They were hamburgers for the apocalypse.
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

Tommy2Tone84 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:23 am What made Nirvana so great?
:D :D :D
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

Tommy2Tone84 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:07 am
M_T_E wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 3:02 pm Unlike Eddie Trunk, Mitch doesn’t claim everyone to be his longtime friend from back in the day.
That’s a plus.

Mitch The Bitch +1
Edtard Chunk - 0
Eddie just staged an anniversary show where all of the following people showed up and performed for free just to honor him:

Alice Cooper
Ace Frehley
Sammy Hagar
Michael Anthony
Geezer Butler
Stephen Pearcy
Kevin Cronin
Sebastian Bach
Lita Ford
Pat Travers
Jessie James Dupree
Brad Gillis
Robert Mason
Dave Ellefson

Some of you are so completely and utterly fucking dumb, it's no wonder you vote for Trump.
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

NeonKnite wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:34 am
You didn’t answer the question. What did make them so great? I didn’t mind some of the songs but I never understood the appeal other than Kurt wrote some phat, catchy, memorable hooks. Then again, so did Bert and CC. So there is one thing they have in common.u
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

NeonKnite wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:40 am
Tommy2Tone84 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:07 am
That’s a plus.

Mitch The Bitch +1
Edtard Chunk - 0
Eddie just staged an anniversary show where all of the following people showed up and performed for free just to honor him:

Alice Cooper
Ace Frehley
Sammy Hagar
Michael Anthony
Geezer Butler
Stephen Pearcy
Kevin Cronin
Sebastian Bach
Lita Ford
Pat Travers
Jessie James Dupree
Brad Gillis
Robert Mason
Dave Ellefson

Some of you are so completely and utterly fucking dumb, it's no wonder you vote for Trump.
How much did Ed pay them to show up?
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

You think Eddie Fucking Trunk has the budget to pay all those guys their twenty grand appearance fees? Clueless! He ain’t paying them jack.

Yeah Ed is a blowhard and spends way too much time name dropping, but you can’t deny all those guys like him and are willing to do shit for free to keep him on side. Probably because decades ago there used to be dozens of major rock radio guys and they had to keep them ALL on side with free shit constantly. Pretty easy now there’s only one fucking rock radio guy. Which is pretty sad when you think about it.
Bobby Blotzer wrote: This is the kind of shit the bozo over at metal sludge does
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

Tommy2Tone84 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:59 pm
You didn’t answer the question. What did make them so great? I didn’t mind some of the songs but I never understood the appeal other than Kurt wrote some phat, catchy, memorable hooks. Then again, so did Bert and CC. So there is one thing they have in common.u
I'll answer the obvious: brilliant songwriting, brilliant live performances, brilliant albums. And a paradigm shift in popular music world-wide spear-headed by Nirvana. And of course huge sales. And you have a Poison comparison? Hahaha
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

Tommy2Tone84 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:59 pm You didn’t answer the question. What did make them so great? I didn’t mind some of the songs but I never understood the appeal other than Kurt wrote some phat, catchy, memorable hooks. Then again, so did Bert and CC. So there is one thing they have in common.u
If I have to explain it to you, you're not gonna get it anyhow.

It's like arguing with a mush brain Trump voter, you're wasting your time.
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

BernieTaupson wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:30 pm Pretty easy now there’s only one fucking rock radio guy. Which is pretty sad when you think about it.
If you think Eddie Trunk has THAT much influence, you're way overstating things. He's made a great career for himself though, one we'd probably all like to have.

Eddie takes a lot of slack around here, but if you actually listen to his show he's very knowledgeable and level headed about the workings of the industry and it's pretty interesting to hear his take on things.
eddie lee roth
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by eddie lee roth »

Dyslexicheart wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:17 am
Tommy2Tone84 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:59 pm

I'll answer the obvious: brilliant songwriting, brilliant live performances, brilliant albums. And a paradigm shift in popular music world-wide spear-headed by Nirvana. And of course huge sales. And you have a Poison comparison? Hahaha
And I’d like to add don’t ever try to be hip again.

The word you’re trying to say is spelled fat.
Tommy2Tone84

Post by Tommy2Tone84 »

NeonKnite wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:16 am
Tommy2Tone84 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:59 pm You didn’t answer the question. What did make them so great? I didn’t mind some of the songs but I never understood the appeal other than Kurt wrote some phat, catchy, memorable hooks. Then again, so did Bert and CC. So there is one thing they have in common.u

The feeling is mutual.

Playing their instruments like shit, being pretty terrible live, playing rudimentary pop music, all the teeny bopper girls loved them, dressing up like women while being darlings on MTV…even more things that Nirvana and Poison have in common.
KISStian
Playing in a Garage

Post by KISStian »

NeonKnite wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:20 am
BernieTaupson wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:30 pm Pretty easy now there’s only one fucking rock radio guy. Which is pretty sad when you think about it.
If you think Eddie Trunk has THAT much influence, you're way overstating things. He's made a great career for himself though, one we'd probably all like to have.

Eddie takes a lot of slack around here, but if you actually listen to his show he's very knowledgeable and level headed about the workings of the industry and it's pretty interesting to hear his take on things.
Oh c'mon, Ed's "knowledge" of the industry is like a 4th grade report being shouted into a mic by an angry man. "In the concert business, they have these things called tickets. The public buys them, and what they do, is they get you a seat at the concert. If you add up all these, plus some merchandise, beer, parking, and concessions, you get enough money to pay the artist." :roll:
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

Tommy2Tone84 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:23 amKurt could barely sing.
I guess that's why his unplugged is the most iconic of the series, along with AIC's
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

Tommy2Tone84 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:23 am
NeonKnite wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 8:27 pm Mitch is a goof. A fan boy that often wears the t-shirt of the artist/band he's interviewing. He shouldn't be taken even the slightest bit seriously by anybody in regard to music.

Is that anymore clownish than all of you indie, hipster goofs on here saying that the New York Dolls were better than KISS or that those clown shoes snowflakes in Hanoi were better than all of the clown bands in Hollywood in the 80s?

What made Nirvana so great? They were my least favorite 90s band. If I had to place them, they’d be dead last. They were hamburgers for the apocalypse. STP, Pearl Jam, AIC, Soundgarden, Primus, King’s X were all way better bands than Nirvana. F*cking Green Day were better than Nirvana.

Kurt and Krist could barely play so they had that in common with Poison. Kurt could barely sing. Both bands knew how to write catchy, pop songs that appealed to the masses. It’s funny that Nirvana fans think they were so edgy when they had MTV force feeding them that shit just as much as MTV force fed us Poison and Skid Row.

Ask yourself this, would a 1/3 of Nirvana’s fans even know or care about them had they not been MTV’s darlings in 1992? No, the public at large wouldn’t have given two f*cks.
Yawn. So you have shitty taste in music. Now we all know.
Dyslexicheart
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Dyslexicheart »

Tommy2Tone84 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 5:56 am
NeonKnite wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:16 am

The feeling is mutual.

Playing their instruments like shit, being pretty terrible live, playing rudimentary pop music, all the teeny bopper girls loved them, dressing up like women while being darlings on MTV…even more things that Nirvana and Poison have in common.
"mush brain Trump voter". Nailed it, nothing more to add.
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

KISStian wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 1:55 pm Oh c'mon, Ed's "knowledge" of the industry is like a 4th grade report being shouted into a mic by an angry man. "In the concert business, they have these things called tickets. The public buys them, and what they do, is they get you a seat at the concert. If you add up all these, plus some merchandise, beer, parking, and concessions, you get enough money to pay the artist." :roll:
You must never listen to his show...and you're probably deeply offended that he doesn't support that shit show that Kiss turned into.

Say what you want, but Eddie's KISS opinions are spot the fuck on.

Now go cry yourself to sleep Kisstard.
KISStian
Playing in a Garage

Post by KISStian »

NeonKnite wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 5:08 pm
KISStian wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 1:55 pm Oh c'mon, Ed's "knowledge" of the industry is like a 4th grade report being shouted into a mic by an angry man. "In the concert business, they have these things called tickets. The public buys them, and what they do, is they get you a seat at the concert. If you add up all these, plus some merchandise, beer, parking, and concessions, you get enough money to pay the artist." :roll:
You must never listen to his show...and you're probably deeply offended that he doesn't support that shit show that Kiss turned into.

Say what you want, but Eddie's KISS opinions are spot the fuck on.

Now go cry yourself to sleep Kisstard.
Who cares what anyone thinks of those goofballs in KISS. Eddie sucks either way. Total dork.