Ghost- Rite Here Rite Now- movie in theatres everywhere today through sunday

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

Ghost- Rite Here Rite Now- movie in theatres everywhere today through sunday

Post by TheCULTofMANSON »

https://blabbermouth.net/news/ghosts-to ... e-now-film

Lets fucking go! Excited about seeing it this weekend!
RockSkar wrote:
Patton could sing anything that those other singers have ever sang. But none of them could sing Patton's catalog.
Itwalksamongus wrote:
Dude - did you, like, just get ass-fucked by Patton or something? You're really off the hook here.
DemonFilth2001
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: Ghost- Rite Here Rite Now- movie in theatres everywhere today through sunday

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

TheCULTofMANSON wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:38 am https://blabbermouth.net/news/ghosts-to ... e-now-film

I have my tickets! 6:15 showing on Saturday

I hope Priest (the EDM Ashba knockoff. Not the band everyone actually knows) isn’t involved in this
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
TREVERLAST
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Ghost- Rite Here Rite Now- movie in theatres everywhere today through sunday

Post by TREVERLAST »

I'm going tonight! I was at one of the Forum shows that they filmed this at too.
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

TREVERLAST wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:47 am I'm going tonight! I was at one of the Forum shows that they filmed this at too.

Sweet
RockSkar wrote:
Patton could sing anything that those other singers have ever sang. But none of them could sing Patton's catalog.
Itwalksamongus wrote:
Dude - did you, like, just get ass-fucked by Patton or something? You're really off the hook here.
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:43 am
TheCULTofMANSON wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:38 am https://blabbermouth.net/news/ghosts-to ... e-now-film

I have my tickets! 6:15 showing on Saturday

I hope Priest (the EDM Ashba knockoff. Not the band everyone actually knows) isn’t involved in this

Why would Priest be involved? Tobias fired them from Ghost and they tried suing him. Also i what does Priest have to do with DJ Ashba?!
RockSkar wrote:
Itwalksamongus wrote:
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

I was at show 2 at Forum
That’s night DJ Ashba(Ash) covered NightCrawler from Priest album Body Machine. Hope it made the movie
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
Ham Stroker's Ejacula
Transylvanian Wang

Post by Ham Stroker's Ejacula »

Tommy
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tommy »

Tonight at 7.
EatNails
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by EatNails »

I just saw it, along with like 12 other people.

Eh. It was the Tobias show. Some of the other band members are hardly even shown. You never get a feel for the whole stage, what's happening where. I thought some of the mix was weird too, but that's probably just me.

They're fun to watch though. Everyone seems to be having a great time.

It's mostly concert footage, with some 'backstage' footage of Copia, when he changes outfits for the next song. Though the band still plays it live, they show a cartoon instead of the Mary on a Cross performance. There's a new studio song from the Seven Inches of Satanic Panic sessions played over the credits, then an after-the-credits scene where Copia is retired. It fades to black right as the new singer starts to walk out.
Grendel wrote: Skip work tomorrow and smoke some meth...this thread is THAT epic.
Tommy
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tommy »

Just got home from seeing it. I thought it was fantastic and clearly geared towards us Ghost nerds. The sound was killer, at least in the theater I saw it at. There were at least 100 people in there. Some good funny parts to it too. I liked everything about it.
rubysdad

Post by rubysdad »

Seeing it at 3pm tomorrow.
With Ruby and her mate, it’s a day in Melbourne for us.
Should be fun.
Kid-Wicked
Opening for Helix

Post by Kid-Wicked »

i went to another movie tonight but when i was leaving i went into the theatre showing ghost and was surprised at how many people were there. fucking nerds ALL wearing shirts and the gothy girls were all dressed up like they were going to a concert
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

Kid-Wicked wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:38 pm i went to another movie tonight but when i was leaving i went into the theatre showing ghost and was surprised at how many people were there. fucking nerds ALL wearing shirts and the gothy girls were all dressed up like they were going to a concert
What other movie is there besides GHOST?

And who doesn't love all the slutty Ghost goth chicks?
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

EatNails wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:17 pm It's mostly concert footage, with some 'backstage' footage of Copia, when he changes outfits for the next song. Though the band still plays it live, they show a cartoon instead of the Mary on a Cross performance. There's a new studio song from the Seven Inches of Satanic Panic sessions played over the credits, then an after-the-credits scene where Copia is retired. It fades to black right as the new singer starts to walk out.
Thanks for the spoiler, you stupid fuck.
TheCULTofMANSON
MSX Tour Support Act

EatNails wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:17 pm I just saw it, along with like 12 other people.

Eh. It was the Tobias show. Some of the other band members are hardly even shown. You never get a feel for the whole stage, what's happening where. I thought some of the mix was weird too, but that's probably just me.

They're fun to watch though. Everyone seems to be having a great time.

It's mostly concert footage, with some 'backstage' footage of Copia, when he changes outfits for the next song. Though the band still plays it live, they show a cartoon instead of the Mary on a Cross performance. There's a new studio song from the Seven Inches of Satanic Panic sessions played over the credits, then an after-the-credits scene where Copia is retired. It fades to black right as the new singer starts to walk out.

Probably did the cartoon for mary on a cross because they already released the live video of that song on youtube and social media months ago
RockSkar wrote:
Itwalksamongus wrote:
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Only reason Ghost movie is doing well is because of
Garfield/Ghost double feature offer
Rocker4Real
Recording Debut Album

Post by Rocker4Real »

Is it playing in D-Box?
Whatever Happened To…
Headlining Clubs

Post by Whatever Happened To… »

Friend saw this today, said it was cheesier than Phantom Of The Park but the concert footage was decent.
kylel

Post by kylel »

NeonKnite wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:24 am
EatNails wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:17 pm It's mostly concert footage, with some 'backstage' footage of Copia, when he changes outfits for the next song. Though the band still plays it live, they show a cartoon instead of the Mary on a Cross performance. There's a new studio song from the Seven Inches of Satanic Panic sessions played over the credits, then an after-the-credits scene where Copia is retired. It fades to black right as the new singer starts to walk out.
This!
gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Post by gtshark1 »

kylel wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:26 am
This!
You guys didn't know a Ghost produced film would be concert footage + behind the scenes + a probable Papa theme change?
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

I thought Rite Here Rite Now was remake of Summer School
Ghost singer teaches kids at Fresno City College
kylel

Post by kylel »

gtshark1 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:52 am

This!
You guys didn't know a Ghost produced film would be concert footage + behind the scenes + a probable Papa theme change?
Yes, but after ordering the tickets, waiting all this time for my chance to see it after I have to drive an hour, I really don't want jump on here and have someone tell me what happens.
Rocker4Real
Recording Debut Album

Post by Rocker4Real »

They have Celine Dion at my local theater but not Ghost!
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Don’t ruin the Celine Deon spoilers!
Celine movie could be about anything :lol:
gtshark1
Headlining Clubs

Post by gtshark1 »

LAglamrocker wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:09 pm I thought Rite Here Rite Now was remake of Summer School
Ghost singer teaches kids at Fresno City College
Good Ole McKinley High School. Mings everyday for lunch.
Wild Obsession
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Wild Obsession »

Saw it with 2 of my kids, I thought it was good, but I was actually hoping for more of cheesy horror movie intertwined with concert footage.
NeonKnite
Your Cock, My Mouth

Post by NeonKnite »

kylel wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:10 pm
gtshark1 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:52 am

This!
Yes, but after ordering the tickets, waiting all this time for my chance to see it after I have to drive an hour, I really don't want jump on here and have someone tell me what happens.
Right, I read plenty of comments about the movie in the YouTube song comments section and nobody felt it necessary to spoil the end.
EatNails
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by EatNails »

I didn't consider it a spoiler at all. The movie was just like their little videos, and It's exactly how I expected it to end. We knew they'd be killing dude off. I wouldn't consider them revealing the new guy in the movie, something only a fraction of the fanbase will be able to see on these two days. There was no spoiler.
Grendel wrote: Skip work tomorrow and smoke some meth...this thread is THAT epic.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

No spoilers !
I got my ticket for movie in 6 hours..3pm west coast FUN time!
No spoilers…Ghost’s Day Off…Ghost takes day off! What happens gets friends badass car- picks up hot girlfriend- travels through Chicago avoiding the principal! Maybe go to Cubs game? Ghost talks his way into fancy meal? Sings a new hit single in parade?
Ghost’s Day Off!(Ghost girl is HOT)
rubysdad

Post by rubysdad »

It was fun, sound was exceptional.
Toby has a sense of humour and it works.
Will see again.
Wait for the end credit scene.