MÖTLEYWOOD … Mötley Crüe planning a Höllywood Takeöver w/ Surprise Shows @ ‘Troubadour’, ‘The Roxy’ & ‘Whisky'

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

MetalSludgeCEO
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

MÖTLEYWOOD … Mötley Crüe planning a Höllywood Takeöver w/ Surprise Shows @ ‘Troubadour’, ‘The Roxy’ & ‘Whisky'

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

MÖTLEYWOOD …
Are Mötley Crüe planning a Höllywood Takeöver with Surprise Shows at ‘Troubadour’, ‘The Roxy’ & ‘Whisky-A-Go-Go’?
#motleycrue #motley #crue #hollywood #takeover #sunsetstrip #whiskyagogo #theroxy #troubadour #nikkisixx #vinceneil #tommylee #john5 #thecrue #crueheads #metalsludge
https://metalsludge.tv/motleywood-are-m ... y-a-go-go/

$ludge
Last edited by MetalSludgeCEO on Wed Aug 28, 2024 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spongie
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Re: MÖTLEYWOOD … Mötley Crüe planning a Höllywood Takeöver with Surprise Shows at ‘Troubadour’, ‘The Roxy’ & ‘Whisky'

Post by Spongie »

So desperate.
Sleek
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Re: MÖTLEYWOOD … Mötley Crüe planning a Höllywood Takeöver with Surprise Shows at ‘Troubadour’, ‘The Roxy’ & ‘Whisky'

Post by Sleek »

Man. It is weird to think...if somebody gave me a free ticket, I wouldn't go.

I have like, negative interest.
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

HueyRamone

Re: MÖTLEYWOOD … Mötley Crüe planning a Höllywood Takeöver w/ Surprise Shows @ ‘Troubadour’, ‘The Roxy’ & ‘Whisky'

Post by HueyRamone »

I hope they play Fight For Your Right, Fight For your Rights, and whatever the name of that song where there skeletons in the video was.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
gtrjay
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: MÖTLEYWOOD … Mötley Crüe planning a Höllywood Takeöver w/ Surprise Shows @ ‘Troubadour’, ‘The Roxy’ & ‘Whisky'

Post by gtrjay »

Saw online and probably clickbait on FB. But Nikki Sixx claiming world tour with GNR in 2025?
I’m completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. These two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
George Carlin - Modern Philosopher
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Oct 17 booked as Enuff Z Nuff at Whisky. That is band name for the surprise Motley show? I hope
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

gtrjay wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:16 pm Saw online and probably clickbait on FB. But Nikki Sixx claiming world tour with GNR in 2025?
Where? Link?

Something tells me, that this just might happen.

I think Sixx would be happy to take the support slot, and he knows, and Axl know as well, this would be a HUGE tour.

Love or hate these bands, those 2 together, would do massive numbers across the board.

$tEvil
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

gtrjay wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:16 pm Saw online and probably clickbait on FB. But Nikki Sixx claiming world tour with GNR in 2025?
Saw Sixx's statement and he said they tried this for 2024 and it didn't work out (Guns didn't tour in 2024) but you never know what is in the works for 2025. So very vague..

Looking around the net I also found speculation about a Poison / Mötley / AC/DC stadium tour. Rikki Rockett said Poison will tour next year.
Wednesday 13 Fan
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by Wednesday 13 Fan »

"Isn't that taxing the definition of 'surprise'?"

-Jim Cornette
whoami
Playing Frat Parties

Post by whoami »

Although MC is three twats and J5, playing these shows is pretty damn cool.
Last edited by whoami on Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyketto Meniketti
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Tyketto Meniketti »

Sleek wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 2:37 pm Man. It is weird to think...if somebody gave me a free ticket, I wouldn't go.

Yeah, very few bands have earned this level of drop-off in interest, but sure enough Motley achieved it.
VicStelly

Post by VicStelly »

Contrived PR stunt. Paid for crowd. If motleys real fans showed up it would look like Walmart on a race sunday
StateOfShock
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by StateOfShock »

Tyketto Meniketti wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:00 am
Sleek wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 2:37 pm Man. It is weird to think...if somebody gave me a free ticket, I wouldn't go.

Yeah, very few bands have earned this level of drop-off in interest, but sure enough Motley achieved it.

I call BS. If you were offered free tickets to see Motley in a small venue like that, you'd go. If you didn't, you'd be a moron.
aznsquirt
Headlining Clubs

Post by aznsquirt »

VicStelly wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:27 am Contrived PR stunt. Paid for crowd. If motleys real fans showed up it would look like Walmart on a race sunday
Yes, Motley Crue needs to pay to play the Troubadour.

Holy shit you're dumb as a brick.
VicStelly

Post by VicStelly »

aznsquirt wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 2:34 pm
VicStelly wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:27 am Contrived PR stunt. Paid for crowd. If motleys real fans showed up, it would look like Walmart on a race Sunday

Where did i say they were paying the Troubadour? I was saying the crowd would be paid for—models, strippers etc. The band isn't going to do this in front of their fans, who mostly look like they are living dead at this point. i saw a guy in a Dio shirt with a cane yesterday.
aznsquirt
Headlining Clubs

Post by aznsquirt »

VicStelly wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 5:28 pm
VicStelly wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:27 am Contrived PR stunt. Paid for crowd. If motleys real fans showed up, it would look like Walmart on a race Sunday

Where did i say they were paying the Troubadour? I was saying the crowd would be paid for—models, strippers etc. The band isn't going to do this in front of their fans, who mostly look like they are living dead at this point. i saw a guy in a Dio shirt with a cane yesterday.
I mean this post is about them playing the Troubadour.

It's an interesting idea though. Obv the Crue should never have an issue selling out an LA club, but has a band ever hired people to make their crowd look better than it really is? Hahaha.
HueyRamone

Post by HueyRamone »

aznsquirt wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:13 pm

It's an interesting idea though. Obv the Crue should never have an issue selling out an LA club, but has a band ever hired people to make their crowd look better than it really is? Hahaha.
Pretty sure for their Carnival of Sina DVD they packed the venue with sexy sluts.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
VinceLeeRose
Pimping Your Demo At Shows

Post by VinceLeeRose »

https://www.tmz.com/2016/08/20/guns-n-r ... s-invites/

Guns N’ Roses did it in 2016 for the Dodger Stadium shows because they were recording them for a live concert film, which was never released because GnR management didn’t want to pay the balance owed to the production company
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

The Rolling Stones absolutely did this for the Shine A Light filming at the Beacon Theatre though some "real fans" were eventually sold tickets.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Eddie Trunk reporting
Motley has 10pm slot at Whisky Sep 27
Heavens Edge at 11:30
RatsOfToday
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by RatsOfToday »

This would be a perfect opportunity for them to play some deep cuts but they prolly won't.
Vince Neil Eats
Playing Frat Parties

Post by Vince Neil Eats »

Play the first two albums. Nobody needs to hear Wild Side or SOS in a club. They wanna hear Bastard, Public Enemy #1 and Knock Em Dead, Kid.
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

Vince Neil solo band > John 5 Crue
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

LAglamrocker wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 11:17 am Eddie Trunk reporting
Motley has 10pm slot at Whisky Sep 27
Heavens Edge at 11:30
Today, Heaven's Edge would wipe the floor with Mötley. Especially in a club without big production.
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

Vince Neil Eats wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 1:44 pm Play the first two albums. Nobody needs to hear Wild Side or SOS in a club. They wanna hear Bastard, Public Enemy #1 and Knock Em Dead, Kid.
This is what I said when they headlined the Sunset Strip Music Fest in 2011.
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
VinceVanLane
Opening Act in Local Bars

Post by VinceVanLane »

StateOfShock wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:30 pm
Tyketto Meniketti wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:00 am

I call BS. If you were offered free tickets to see Motley in a small venue like that, you'd go. If you didn't, you'd be a moron.
Why would anybody be a moron for not going to a free Motley Crue concert, especially if they saw them back in the day in their prime? If you saw them in the 80s or even the 90s, you have zero reason to see them now. They're playing the same songs but only worse. It's worse on your ears and worse on your eyes.

Time is precious, and wasting time with a band who puts little effort into performing and has been phoning it in for years doesn't interest everybody, believe it or not. If that's how you want to waste your time, great, but there's other things more exciting in 2024 than seeing Motley Crue in a tiny club packed with 50 to 70 year olds.
Sleek
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by Sleek »

Every time I have seen Motley they were worse.

In '84, (I thought) they were amazing.

In '87, they were okay, but had just become a big show band, like broadway shit.

in '99, they were just shite.

I have not seen them since, and there is no reason to. Anything I liked about band was already missing by Theater of Pain.

I also find John 5 particularly irritating, and would not want to subject myself to an hour of Vince Neil's whine or Nikki Sixx's smug fucking smirk.
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

Turner Coates

Post by Turner Coates »

I hear they may announce their "retirement."
(That means they're getting all new tires for their motor vehicles.)
They won't admit he's guilty. That would mean he's made fools of them.
_underscore_
Headlining Clubs

Post by _underscore_ »

Somebody with a connection get me into one of these shows!! I don't care that Motley is dogshit now