What is the hardest part about aging?

A place to discuss whatever you want.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Danzig in the Dark
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Re: What is the hardest part about aging?

Post by Danzig in the Dark »

unclejoshc wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 2:47 pm
Danzig in the Dark wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 3:17 pm
unclejoshc wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 11:35 am That you can't just die and avoid it altogether.
Are you immortal?
There can be only one! :D

I meant die before you age and have all the associated issues.
People die young all the time.
ImageImage
GreatWhiteSnake
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Post by GreatWhiteSnake »

Peeing, definitely the peeing. Then the memory, yep, definitely the memory...
GWS video of the week Seven Seconds of Shred https://youtu.be/6DAqH3eKqEM?si=N2I9eU92_ovsb69d updated 3/9/24
https://soundcloud.com/crunch-104998557
HottKarl777
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by HottKarl777 »

[quote
[/quote]

I didn't imagine the aging parents thing would be as hard as it is. I don't know how families that have many miles, states, or countries between them do it. My 84-year-old Mom lives 90 minutes from me, and not a day goes by that I'm not dealing with something (even trivial stuff) or worrying about it.
[/quote]

This is what I'm dealing with too. My mom is 86 and is really falling apart now. She is ready for a retirement home but doesn't want to go. I'm terrified she's going to fall again like she did a few months ago.

If I'm going to be 100% honest the hardest part for me aging is my mental problems getting worse. Anxiety, depression, self esteem, paranoia etc. I've always heard that people with legit mental issues get worse with age and I feel like I'm in that boat to some degree. I suppose I'm not unique in that respect.
rubysdad

Post by rubysdad »

mrsnikkisixx wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 7:05 pm The constant fatigue, and lack of desire to do things that used to bring you joy. I loved going to concerts, but now it’s a chore to me, and I really have to consider how many times I’ve seen someone, and how much their set list will have changed. Getting up in morning is a hassle, and filled with various aches and pains. I find younger people to be annoying (those below 30), and I much prefer to stay at home and do nothing. Might as well push me off a cliff now. I’m a cranky old broad. Get off my damn lawn !!
Much the same, except, I love the morning, I’m up at 3am for work, staying awake in the evening is the chore.
Saw Ghost and Maneskin in November last year, took a week to get over each gig physically.
No alcohol involved.
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

ParaDime77 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 3:33 pm Seems like the older you get the more things fly by and change rapidly. What do you think is the hardest part about aging?
For me it's the opposite. I am used to the rapid change of the 80s-00s and feel time stands still for the last 15 years except that I am getting older mentally and physically anyway.

I am writing this on a website that was launched 25 years ago, using an Android smartphone, 15 year old tech even if the actual device is new-ish.

But yes, death is hard to deal with when it's people my age dying. I lost four school mates in two years. Two of them within a month this year. I want to a big school so there are probably more but those four I knew, two of them were in my class for most of HS and the other was on the same sports team as I for a year.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 5:42 pm The original quote was great. Don’t mess with perfection.
Well I got a quote for you, and this one's coming from Jeff Spicoli. And guess what, it's been adapted for DonJuanDeMarco. Forget ''those guys''. It's just for you now.
DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 3:54 pm When you’re talking with some 22 year old girl and you’re playing it cool then casually ask “who do you like more…Roxy Blue or Babylon A.D.”
How is that playing cool? She could be 44 and would still think you're a dork, with such a dumb question. Roxy Blue? Babylon A.D? GTFO!!!

You fucking incel.
Here's what you should have asked her: ''What do you like more: Sleeze Beez or sloppy BJ?''
She'll either say Sleeze Beez or suck your dick. And let me tell ya, I haven't met many bitches who heard of Sleeze Beez.

''Do you like it rough or do you prefer Tuff'' works even better. You could go through a million bitches before coming across one who even heard of Tuff. If you do come across one who knows Tuff, she's likely a fan, which means she's retarded and easy to trick into sex.
DonJuanDeMarco
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

^ Sorry mullet man didn't mean to upset you! Thanks for the tip though! I like Sleeze Beez and getting sloppy bj's (or any kind of bj's for that matter). So it's a win/win situation!

Getting back on subject...I'm surprised no one has mentioned the obvious stuff like slower metabolism, "trouble maintaining an erection" or why does pretty much everything give you gas and/or heartburn?
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 9:18 am ^ Sorry mullet man didn't mean to upset you!
I'm not upset, you'Il be hard pressed to find someone here who is more level-headed than me.

DonJuanDeMarco wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 9:18 am like Sleeze Beez and getting sloppy bj's (or any kind of bj's for that matter). So it's a win/win situation!
I suggest you reach out to the grishnak boss then. He'll suck your dick while playing ''Stranger Than Paradise'' fingerstyle with his acoustic.
mullet_head
Headlining Clubs

Post by mullet_head »

Motherfucking grishnak boss is one hell of a multi instrumentalist.
He plays the acoustic guitar, the meat harmonica, AND the skin flute, simultaneously. Highly controversial though. As you can imagine, his rendition of ''El Condor pasa'' was banned in many countries, even tolerant ones such as Russia and Iran.
GoodJudge
Headlining Clubs

Post by GoodJudge »

GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 5:04 pm Peeing, definitely the peeing. Then the memory, yep, definitely the memory...
An old guy goes to the doctor, the doctor says "I've got bad news for you. I need to let you know you've got alzheimers and cancer". The guy says "Cancer? That's bad. But at least I don't have alzheimers".

If it's not on a list in a prominent place, or on a phone reminder, chances are I'm not getting it done.
sparkdaddy
Learning KISS Riffs

Post by sparkdaddy »

GreatWhiteSnake wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 5:04 pm Peeing, definitely the peeing. Then the memory, yep, definitely the memory...
And then the remembering to pee.
poizond13 "even if Poison has played a hob date here and there"

Nice back pedal...
Nate S Axel

Post by Nate S Axel »

"You know, I take gingko bilobo for my memory, but then I forget to take it, so it's a Catch-21 I suppose."

-Jiminy Glick (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WmFdM8wpNE)
https://www.last.fm/user/JustinDTLV

"Las Vegas is a world leader in nights you wish would never end." (VitalVegas)
Skull Session
Passing Out Band Flyers

Post by Skull Session »

A big one for me is outliving friends and family. As the years go on, they all pass away. You're grateful to be alive obviously, but I still grieve the losses all the time. I may not have many friends or family left, but I am grateful for the time I had with them.

Is it just me or sometimes if you move one inch the wrong way, you get a muscle spasm or it feels like your hand/foot has something going on? This makes it hard to keep up with a regular workout routine. Even in just the past year or two, I've noticed that's getting harder to do. Many times I've had to modify it or take time off if anything feels off in the slightest.

And having health problems that wouldn't last too long in your younger years, but persist like an s.o.b. when you get older...
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

Scheduling all the fun can bring pressure/aging
Scheduling beach walks , bowling tonight 10pm, plan Friday for road trip down PCH for Def Leppard in MLB stadium- fish taco stop and topless bar stop
Comeback rest on beach watch Cody Rhodes fail at 12pm on my IPhone-next day plan all day parkinglot show with legend at Whisky after

Be nice get rewarded in life ..karma is cool
I die in 2025 I wouldn’t care
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
risingfarce
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by risingfarce »

LAglamrocker wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:39 am Scheduling all the fun can bring pressure/aging
Scheduling beach walks , bowling tonight 10pm, plan Friday for road trip down PCH for Def Leppard in MLB stadium- fish taco stop and topless bar stop
Comeback rest on beach watch Cody Rhodes fail at 12pm on my IPhone-next day plan all day parkinglot show with legend at Whisky after

Be nice get rewarded in life ..karma is cool
I die in 2025 I wouldn’t care
People in the bar do not want to see you topless.
LAglamrocker
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by LAglamrocker »

^ OKG!!!! Gene SIMMons so FUNny!!!!!
Genes daughter is HOT!!! $$$$$$
Kiss casket not for sale!!Ha ha
Enjoy White Zombie casket!! Topless!!!!
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

LadyJaneGrey wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 6:59 pm Right now, I'd say it's going through menopause. I'm experiencing it much earlier than I expected, and while physical symptoms haven't been too bad, mentally it gets me down knowing that I can't have any more kids.
Unless you have a farm you don't need any kids
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
Love_Industry

Post by Love_Industry »

Danzig in the Dark wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 3:22 pm
People die young all the time.
Some of them live fast too.
ijwthstd
Platinum Artist

Post by ijwthstd »

I miss not knowing or caring where my prostate is
"I went and saw Chickenfoot twice. I've suffered for being Sammy's friend" - Bob Forrest
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

mrsnikkisixx wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2024 7:05 pm The constant fatigue, and lack of desire to do things that used to bring you joy. I loved going to concerts, but now it’s a chore to me, and I really have to consider how many times I’ve seen someone, and how much their set list will have changed. Getting up in morning is a hassle, and filled with various aches and pains. I find younger people to be annoying (those below 30), and I much prefer to stay at home and do nothing. Might as well push me off a cliff now. I’m a cranky old broad. Get off my damn lawn !!
I am the same. I love my house, my sofa, and my patio. I went to Japan for the first and only time a couple of weeks ago, and it didn't go well for me. My stepson married a Japanese woman, so it was more about that event than a vacation, but we hoped to see some of the country while there. My anxiety was out of control. Not a panic attack level, but high. 23 hours of travel, being 6K miles from home, worrying about the dogs, then the fucking excruciating summer heat and humidity and a super-typhoon with a direct hit that shut down trains and planes made it one of the most expensive worst times ever. It is now 2 weeks since returning home, and my sleep is still jacked up by jet lag. Some things aren't worth it.
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

TooOldToCare wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 5:44 am
I am the same. I love my house, my sofa, and my patio. I went to Japan for the first and only time a couple of weeks ago, and it didn't go well for me. My stepson married a Japanese woman, so it was more about that event than a vacation, but we hoped to see some of the country while there. My anxiety was out of control. Not a panic attack level, but high. 23 hours of travel, being 6K miles from home, worrying about the dogs, then the fucking excruciating summer heat and humidity and a super-typhoon with a direct hit that shut down trains and planes made it one of the most expensive worst times ever. It is now 2 weeks since returning home, and my sleep is still jacked up by jet lag. Some things aren't worth it.
You should really change your username.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

pieceofme wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 8:13 am
TooOldToCare wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 5:44 am
You should really change your username.
There's a difference between just not giving a shit and having clinical anxiety/depression disorder.