Is Metal Sludge like the a desolate desert in the summer?

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Sleek
Playing a Package Tour in Arenas

Is Metal Sludge like the a desolate desert in the summer?

Post by Sleek »

I mean seriously, what are we down to...like, 20 posters or some shit?
ROADHEAD wrote:I've never tasted coffee
HueyRamone wrote:I like Radio Gaga
HueyRamone wrote:QUIT FUCKING WITH MY SETLIST, ASSWIPE!

HottKarl777
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Re: Is Metal Sludge like the a desolate desert in the summer?

Post by HottKarl777 »

21 posters when I kick in with the special goodness.
daveg
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by daveg »

Sometimes I think it's even less than 20.

You wanna get all the lurkers out, then post an opinion on Vaccines.
Tyketto Meniketti
Taking Music Lessons

Post by Tyketto Meniketti »

Seems a little thin this summer as there really hasn't been much news to discuss. Sammy's tour held the line for rock and not much else going on. Not many new albums. Not many notable performances, good or bad.

It's come down to a Creed reunion tour, Linkin Park woman singer, and Bert refusing to tour with Poison. Even Motley's been uneventful.
Engine13
Headlining Clubs

Post by Engine13 »

There's 23 regulars, but 5 of them are the same person.
LitaStrauss
Picking a Band Name

Post by LitaStrauss »

Message boards like this are out dated, kinda of like the bands discussed on here. Plus plenty of people who would post here have been run off for various reasons. Younger people, or new people, aren't going to replace the people who left. With Reddit, Discord, and all the other social media apps, there's too much competition and other places to talk about things.
superglide88
Headlining Clubs

Post by superglide88 »

Yes
Vandermint wrote:At best, KISS is Alice Cooper for dumb people
eddie lee roth wrote:myself and members of my family could use some help but I'm supposed to help some fucker in a banana suit first.
Get the fuck out of here with this bullshit :!:
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

Hey, i'm also a member of Electric Eye, so I came here and it feels like it's jumpin'!

All about perspective, i guess.
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
pieceofme
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by pieceofme »

LitaStrauss wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 5:09 am Message boards like this are out dated, kinda of like the bands discussed on here. Plus plenty of people who would post here have been run off for various reasons. Younger people, or new people, aren't going to replace the people who left. With Reddit, Discord, and all the other social media apps, there's too much competition and other places to talk about things.
Yep. Every year it is slightly fewer people. People die, move on, family stuff takes over, they finally get a girlfriend, get fed up of having to login frequently etc. And they are not replaced by new people because we are talking about a bygone era with a byegone method.

Who is the youngest poster here? Someone like Mojo who is in his 30s. And even he posts less frequently since he started working in a prison.
GrayAntiMatter wrote:EVH

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

HueyRamone wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 6:02 am Hey, i'm also a member of Electric Eye, so I came here and it feels like it's jumpin'!

I post on a hockey board and some people say it is dying there. And then a new thread will happen which will have 100s of posts in mere hours!

I also post on a rugby board and it might be less happening than electric eye!

Zappa is pure cult status shit. He is to music what Bruce fucking Campbell is to acting....
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

It is starting to get so dead here that I'm starting to be okay with dmbrocker updating us on every 'celebrity' death which happens.

LadyJaneGrey
Headlining Clubs

Post by LadyJaneGrey »

pieceofme wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 6:23 am
HueyRamone wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 6:02 am Hey, i'm also a member of Electric Eye, so I came here and it feels like it's jumpin'!

I post on a hockey board and some people say it is dying there. And then a new thread will happen which will have 100s of posts in mere hours!

I also post on a rugby board and it might be less happening than electric eye!
I post (or at least I used to) on a message board for people who work in customer service. Joined it around the same time I registered here, and that place is pretty much dead now.
alleyrulez
Platinum Artist

Post by alleyrulez »

:(
WentEast
Jamming in Parent's Basement

Post by WentEast »

I see this site as the metal equivalent of the two old guys in the balcony on the Muppet Show.
Darrien
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by Darrien »

Who are all these lurkers?
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot],Google Adsense [Bot], and 118 guests
Dayman...fighter of the Nightman..
EzyRider
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by EzyRider »

WentEast wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:58 am I see this site as the metal equivalent of the two old guys in the balcony on the Muppet Show.

:) :) :) :) :)

It's good to be bad
It's the best time you'll ever have
What the hell is this ultra sad
Pray for your cool and work on that ass!
tym
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by tym »

I think some of it is the board changing to a PG format. As well I agree, Metal died long ago. Its become out dated, so yea, I look for this board to die, in time. For the most part it already has. Long gone are the Flame wars, the Dirty Pics, and rockers doing stupid shit while being fucked up. We are all getting older, and we just got tired of arguing over the same stupid shit, and giving and receiving the same stupid insults. Its true, the older you get, the less you care about the stupid shit.
I'm finding it difficult to masturbate to this. I'm trying, I just have so little to work with...
TeslaFan
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by TeslaFan »

tym wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 12:59 pm I think some of it is the board changing to a PG format. As well I agree, Metal died long ago. Its become out dated, so yea, I look for this board to die, in time. For the most part it already has. Long gone are the Flame wars, the Dirty Pics, and rockers doing stupid shit while being fucked up. We are all getting older, and we just got tired of arguing over the same stupid shit, and giving and receiving the same stupid insults. Its true, the older you get, the less you care about the stupid shit.
I still get a laugh or two per week out of this site. Free of charge I become aware of stuff happening in music and entertainment. That’s a value to me. Is it what it once was? Nah. All things change for better or worse. I would imagine the owner is trying to avoid lawsuits. He’s been there and done that. Not fun.
Just a regular guy who likes Metal
WolfgangVonPage
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by WolfgangVonPage »

pieceofme wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 6:18 am
LitaStrauss wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 5:09 am Message boards like this are out dated, kinda of like the bands discussed on here. Plus plenty of people who would post here have been run off for various reasons. Younger people, or new people, aren't going to replace the people who left. With Reddit, Discord, and all the other social media apps, there's too much competition and other places to talk about things.
Yep. Every year it is slightly fewer people. People die, move on, family stuff takes over, they finally get a girlfriend, get fed up of having to login frequently etc. And they are not replaced by new people because we are talking about a bygone era with a byegone method.

Who is the youngest poster here? Someone like Mojo who is in his 30s. And even he posts less frequently since he started working in a prison.
I guess it is probably harder to post when you are getting ass raped. :D
Got myself a Cadillac, but can't afford the gasoline.
Turner Coates
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Turner Coates »

pieceofme wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 6:18 am Who is the youngest poster here? Someone like Mojo who is in his 30s. And even he posts less frequently since he started working in a prison.
He probably yearned to interact with a better class of folks.
They won't admit he's guilty. That would mean he's made fools of them.
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Post by FreddyFender »

Message Boards in general are just dying off.

Remember chatrooms? In 10 years, message boards will be like chatrooms - long gone.

People can discuss their interests on Social Media now.
kytepunches
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by kytepunches »

For me personally, I check the board regularly for some interesting topics or news. Unfortunately, i have no desire to join another discussion about Kiss albums or what band is under/over rated. So i don’t .

But since it was brought up, Alive 1 is the best Kiss album and The Killer Dwarfs should have been bigger. 8)
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

FreddyFender wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:22 pm Message Boards in general are just dying off.

Remember chatrooms? In 10 years, message boards will be like chatrooms - long gone.

People can discuss their interests on Social Media now.
Chat rooms were really exciting in 2000.

MattleyCrue
Headlining Clubs

Post by MattleyCrue »

Sludge chat back in the day was amazing. So many laughs! I remember being on there late at night with Nate, Tig, so many others.
LAglamrocker wrote:
Walk in Diesel store Melrose with Ashba gear commands respect, not sure you are allowed in with Walmart gear
pieceofme

Post by pieceofme »

MattleyCrue wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:47 pm Sludge chat back in the day was amazing. So many laughs! I remember being on there late at night with Nate, Tig, so many others.
You've been around for that long? I honestly thought you joined a couple of years ago just to show off your t-shirts

WCiezak
Lugging equipment around in parent's car

Post by WCiezak »

Anyone else just not like interacting on social media? On Facebook, it's either with people you already know, a lot of whom have taken on many stupid ideas that they wouldn't have before smartphones, or just being an anonymous person in a group. Reddit is pretty bad too. Myspace had the right balance. Facebook and Reddit are so bland and reduce people into text. These Metal message boards had really developed characters going back to the 90s. You didn't feel like a faceless being. The scene has more albums than ever but a lot less enthusiasm. 2002 was probably the last year where we had more than a dozen really good new albums released. Something like Crucible or Long Way Home seemed kinda mediocre then, but are masterpieces compared to modern albums. This has to be one of the last message boards. The Steve Hoffman forum still exists but most of the talk is dedicated towards talking about music from 50+ years ago. There's still boards for Film Score Monthly. Gearspace. Head-fi. Home Theater Forum too, I think. There just isn't a lot of new and exciting things to talk about. Most people seem to want to go online to engage in the team sports of arguing politics. 25 years ago it was difficult to get anyone to care about anything to do with politics. Nowadays most people are obsessed with it. I'm not even sure it's the politics that they care about. I think they're more interested in fighting and using politics to batter groups they don't like on Facebook.

The whole state of society with social media is just sad. I'm just counting down the days til AI and new tech makes it all irrelevant. Eventually tech will make fighting about politics irrelevant as well as it starts to solve major problems in all areas while creating much more abundant resources. There won't be much left to fight about. Very few people seem to use the Internet to really seek legit knowledge and build character. It's really become more like a giant battle for status.
cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

"These Metal message boards had really developed characters going back to the 90s. You didn't feel like a faceless being". Think about how true this statement is. Maybe Arch Hall, Jr will make a return and livin' things up.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

It's pretty slow. I'm at my desk at home all day, every day. Since I can't walk to the coffee shop (everything is a drive from home) to clear my brain, I hop on here for a minute. I've been around since 2010 or earlier but had to rejoin with a new account. I still don't post much...mostly read and get a chuckle now and again. I have no other social media accounts except YouTube, so this and that are my go-tos with coffee in the morning. There is still some funny shit with the 20-30 regulars.
VincesGarterbelt
Recording Debut Album

Post by VincesGarterbelt »

“Think about how true this statement is. Maybe Arch Hall, Jr will make a return and livin' things up.”

Wow…. That’s a name I haven’t thought about in a long time. My favorite thread of all time was when someone asked if anyone could photoshop Eddie over a cool picture of Seattle’s skyline. The poster was referring to Iron Maiden mascot, Eddie. Well someone photoshopped EVH with full on meth mouth instead. Still never laughed so hard on this site and that’s saying a lot because there were some crude, mean, funny fuckers on this site.
"If you ever speak to me like that again,you'd better be wearing a cup" Eddie Van Halen
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

VincesGarterbelt wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 3:57 am Well someone photoshopped EVH with full on meth mouth instead. Still never laughed so hard on this site and that’s saying a lot because there were some crude, mean, funny fuckers on this site.
That makes me laugh remembering that. There were some good Paul Stanley ones over the years, too.