And now Helene is about to hit the south...hard.

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

dmbrocker
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

And now Helene is about to hit the south...hard.

Post by dmbrocker »

Any Atlanta Sludgers prepared for this? There's supposed to be a lot of high winds and bad weather coming in with the hurricane as far north as the Carolinas, Tennessee, and Kentucky. 60+ mph winds in my NE Georgia town. Batten down the hatches, everyone! Yeah, yeah, this should be in the Lounge, but I wasn't paying attention at the moment, and most subjects are ending up here these days anyway.
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
diablomozart
Headlining Clubs

Re: And now Helene is about to hit the south...hard.

Post by diablomozart »

it's going to be interesting...we haven't had a hurricane really hit here since i delivered papers for the atlanta journal/constitution many many years ago (that one hit overnight and i still delivered papers out in it overnight...not my smartest decision)...i'm mpre worried about losing power than anything else but georgia power is, for the most part, on the ball with outages...i'm over an hour north of atlanta...we just hope for the best as i have to take my wheelchair-bound mother to dialysis on friday...d.m.
Wild Obsession
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Wild Obsession »

It's like a Hurricane comin'!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqVNYh7jMeY
dmbrocker
Location: Rockin’ with Amber, Bradie, Laurine, Dokken, Ratt, Motley, Aerosmith, Rush, Poison…

Post by dmbrocker »

Wild Obsession wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 6:49 am It's like a Hurricane comin'!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqVNYh7jMeY
Ah, good! You made it music-related! Great song, by the way!
LAglamrocker wrote: Trixter is awesome but everyone has seen After The Rain video correct? That’s one of first things I’m going thank God for
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

I live in Charlotte. Just working out of town for a bit. Apparently, it's already pouring there.
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Black Stuff
Playing Second Stage at SludgeFest

Post by Black Stuff »

stay safe folks!
The power of Sludge compels you.
TravisBicklesMohawk
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by TravisBicklesMohawk »

Much love and support coming from New Orleans.

We got lucky with this one. :?
The Tao of Pooh
Image Image
TooOldToCare
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by TooOldToCare »

I once heard from a reliable source that you can stop a hurricane by nuking it. Stay safe out there.
whammybar
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by whammybar »

It won't be long before the home insurance premiums will cost more than the homes themselves.
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

Weather is crazy anymore. I lived in FL for a decade as a kid in the Tampa Bay area. One hurricane the entire decade, and we only got a little wind and rain.

This spring in Ohio, we had a record number of tornados earlier than normal, like Tornado Alley moving several states east—then we had a two-plus month drought.

When we went to Japan in August, we didn't get to travel the country and had to remain in Hiroshima for the week bc a Cat 4 typhoon decided to remain stationary over the southwest part of the island.

At this rate, Earth will destroy itself before people do the job.
Spongie
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by Spongie »

cowpins
Platinum Artist

Post by cowpins »

Get a sharpie and make it avoid Atlanta. Problem solved.
"bus problems come on man so boring we have our bus its awesome and we r watching judge judy on it right now tour is going great 14 more shows to go see you out there rockin peeps not you garbageman you stay home" - HueyRamone, 7/3/12
EzyRider
Doing Package Tours in Theaters

Post by EzyRider »

Holy SH*T...this is like "put your head between your knees and kiss your ass goodby"

"If you or someone you know chose not to evacuate, PLEASE write your, Name, birthday and important information on your arm or leg in A PERMANENT MARKER so that you can be identified and family notified.

Taylor County Sheriff's Office - Division of Emergency Management via Facebook"

Officials also asked friends and relatives of people who did not evacuate to reach out and share the information, so search and rescue teams know where to focus their efforts when the storm passes.
It's good to be bad
It's the best time you'll ever have
What the hell is this ultra sad
Pray for your cool and work on that ass!
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Eye passed directly over my county as a weakened tropical storm. Only a couple thousand power outages out of a 20,000+ population area reported, though thankfully my house wasn’t one of ‘em. I got lucky, I guess.

(edit: Power outage count is up to most of the county, but I've got an underground line that's still running for now. Very minor basement flooding and a couple of lesser trees down in the yard, but that's about it.)
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Update: My power finally went out for about an hour or so, but it’s back on now. Feeling very thankful right now. Hurricane death toll currently at 6 and a lot of flooding in the southeast. Scary shit. :(
Tommy
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tommy »

dmbrocker wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 6:54 am Update: My power finally went out for about an hour or so, but it’s back on now. Feeling very thankful right now. Hurricane death toll currently at 6 and a lot of flooding in the southeast. Scary shit. :(
Where are you located? I'm in Greenville SC and the power went out around 7am and is still out. I thought I left this bullshit back in Alabama.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Tommy wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 7:06 am
dmbrocker wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 6:54 am Update: My power finally went out for about an hour or so, but it’s back on now. Feeling very thankful right now. Hurricane death toll currently at 6 and a lot of flooding in the southeast. Scary shit. :(
Where are you located? I'm in Greenville SC and the power went out around 7am and is still out. I thought I left this bullshit back in Alabama.
Lake Hartwell on the GA side. A lot of trees down and power outages, but the local EMC worked fast.
Tommy
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tommy »

dmbrocker wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 7:18 am
Tommy wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 7:06 am
Lake Hartwell on the GA side. A lot of trees down and power outages, but the local EMC worked fast.
Good to hear. It's like 200k without power in Greenville. Duke Energy needs to get moving. Lord knows they have the money.
GoodJudge
Headlining Clubs

Post by GoodJudge »

TooOldToCare wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 12:26 pm At this rate, Earth will destroy itself before people do the job.
I hate to break it to you but it's people (or rather, our economic activity over the last 3 centuries) that are making the weather crazy. And it ain't stopping any time soon. No hurricanes this side of the Pond but we've had almost a month's worth of rain in the last few days. And there's more to come.
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

GoodJudge wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 11:55 am
TooOldToCare wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 12:26 pm At this rate, Earth will destroy itself before people do the job.
I hate to break it to you but it's people (or rather, our economic activity over the last 3 centuries) that are making the weather crazy. And it ain't stopping any time soon. No hurricanes this side of the Pond but we've had almost a month's worth of rain in the last few days. And there's more to come.
I know. Being facetious. There is always cause and effect. Until today in Ohio (now getting the tropical storm/depression/whatever from Helena) we've had a 3 month drought. No fall this year. This will bring the water-starved leaves down then it'll snow or not. Ohio historically has shitty weather patterns. This only makes it a little shittier.
Zabooka

Post by Zabooka »

LOUDER THAN LIFE Festival Cancels Friday Shows, Including SLAYER Reunion, Due To Severe Weather

LINK: https://blabbermouth.net/news/louder-th ... re-weather
Tenacious_Dio
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tenacious_Dio »

Western NC got wiped out. :(
REO Cokewagon
Showcasing for A&R Reps

Post by REO Cokewagon »

Zabooka wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 5:58 pm LOUDER THAN LIFE Festival Cancels Friday Shows, Including SLAYER Reunion, Due To Severe Weather

LINK: https://blabbermouth.net/news/louder-th ... re-weather
That's in Kentucky. No way there was a hurricane in KY. And no way Kentuckians would puss out due to some rain. It has to be another reason.
Rocker4Real
Recording Debut Album

Post by Rocker4Real »

My dad's in eastern SC and his power went out.
DemonFilth2001

Post by DemonFilth2001 »

Rocker4Real wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:11 am My dad's in eastern SC and his power went out.
Eastern?
KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Rocker4Real
Recording Debut Album

Post by Rocker4Real »

DemonFilth2001 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 2:19 pm
Rocker4Real wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:11 am My dad's in eastern SC and his power went out.
Eastern?
I meant western. Anderson county.
dmbrocker

Post by dmbrocker »

Tenacious_Dio wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 8:51 pm Western NC got wiped out. :(
Yeah. Asheville has been pretty much turned into an underwater Atlantis.
diablomozart
Headlining Clubs

Post by diablomozart »

day after the storm about a mile from my house...d.m.
Tommy
MSX Tour Support Act

Post by Tommy »

Power just came back here in Greenville. Hope everyone is ok.