Arnel / Journey - STAY or GO??? Vote now

The one that started it all. Spreading gossip and insults since 1998.

Moderator: Metal Sludge

Should Arnel STAY or should he GO?

Stay
58%
Go
42%

Total votes: 43
Michael Hotts Ghost
Recording Debut Album

Arnel / Journey - STAY or GO??? Vote now

Post by Michael Hotts Ghost »

Should he stay or should he go now?

https://blabbermouth.net/news/journeys- ... devastated

"so here's the deal here now..i am offering you a chance now ( especially those who's hated me and never liked me from the very beginning) to simply text GO or STAY right here.. and if GO reaches 1million… im stepping out for good..

"are you game folks? let's start…
FreddyFender
Headlining Clubs

Re: Arnel / Journey - STAY or GO??? Vote now

Post by FreddyFender »

Dude is in a toxic relationship - doesn’t wanna stay but can’t bring himself to leave.
HottKarl777
Playing Decent Clubs in a Bus

Post by HottKarl777 »

He should get the fuck out. He's a little emo boy and the world is very cruel.
Hellsinkey
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by Hellsinkey »

He sang well when I saw them live this summer, but this is silly. There's enough trolls to vote him out, but why does he care? Will he go back to sing the same songs in bars of Manila, there's no point. Though it's not fun being in a band with Cain and Schon.
HueyRamone
Playing First Stage at SludgeFest

Post by HueyRamone »

What a little drama queen!
Don't Damn Me wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:21 pm Dummy, are you aware that hydroxy-chloroqin and Ivermectin have since been proven effective?
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

Yeah, the ladyboy is throwing a fit.
As if anyone believes he will really leave on his own accord.
Too much money being made and too much demand for Western Union back to the homeland.
CrankerBait

Post by CrankerBait »

If he has enough money saved up to be comfortable, whether in America or the Philippines, he should do what makes him happy. He's got nothing to prove to anyone. If being in Journey has stopped being fun and he doesn't need the gig anymore, he should move on.
BernieTaupson
Headlining Clubs

Post by BernieTaupson »

I heard they pay him with three bowls of rice a show anyway.
Tommy2Tone84 wrote: I used to worship these clowns.
TooOldToCare

Post by TooOldToCare »

CrankerBait wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:54 am If he has enough money saved up to be comfortable, whether in America or the Philippines, he should do what makes him happy. He's got nothing to prove to anyone. If being in Journey has stopped being fun and he doesn't need the gig anymore, he should move on.
He could probably live like a king in the Philippines. An American couple I know has family in Japan and the Philippines, so they travel there frequently. They said everything is inexpensive in the Philippines. I have no sides in this, but yes, do what makes you happy.
DonJuanDeMarco
Debut Album Goes Gold

Post by DonJuanDeMarco »

Let him stay for as long as he wants to stay.

Even Steve Perry couldn't sing Steve Perry songs anymore. He retired long ago. Their reunion record (Trial by Fire) was pieced together in the studio and had no tour. His last solo album was fair at best but that may have been more about the songs than his voice.

Personally, I would've voted for Hugo who fronts the Journey tribute band Voyage. They used to be called Evolution. He has some solo records and put out a couple records with Valentine and Open Skyz. HOWEVER...he is not Steve Perry either. Looks and moves a lot like him but he does not have the power to his voice. It's very light and soft. He probably would not last long on tour.

I actually LOVED hearing Jeff Scott Soto fronting the band but that changed the sound too drastically. Augeri did not have the power behind his voice either so if they are going for the Perry sound, Arnel is the best you're gonna get.

Arnel has done as good of a job as anyone could do. It doesn't look like a real band though. It looks like a little Filipino guy fronting Journey with a tattooed drummer. It's kinda awkward but it sounds pretty damn good and that's good enough. So I vote "STAY".
"You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love?"
SterileEyes1
Doing 20 Questions with Metal Sludge

Post by SterileEyes1 »

Commented on that article yesterday that Arnel has one of the most thankless jobs in the world.

Think about it - no matter how well you perform, 99.9% of the audience wishes it was someone else up there. It’s excruciatingly tough stuff to pull off vocally. You’ve got two of the most insufferable douche bags on earth as your bosses.

I mean, fuck. He should do whatever he wants, but leaving and enjoying the rest of his time on earth while he still can would be my unsolicited advice!
My Video Covers: https://www.youtube.com/@therealjeffstein/

"Diary Of A Madman"
"Aja"
"I’m Bad, I’m Nationwide”
“Sludge Factory”
"Locomotive"

My Original Music: https://jeffstein.bandcamp.com
LAglamrocker

Post by LAglamrocker »

How well does he do Judas Priest songs..leave for better band
Jani Lane and Bret Michaels should form a band called "Nelson II"
LitaStrauss
Picking a Band Name

Post by LitaStrauss »

Singing for Journey is a young man's game. Steve Perry hasn't hit those notes in a long time either.

That being said, he should just ignore the vocal minority and as long as he feels he can do it, and wants to do it, he should.

But he said if he gets a million GO votes, he's leaving....spoiler, votes aren't reaching a million for either GO or STAY. And who the fuck is gonna count a million some votes?
Right now he has 4.8K comments. He's a long way from getting close to a million. He ain't going anywhere.
MetalSludgeCEO

Post by MetalSludgeCEO »

HueyRamone wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:02 pm What a little drama queen!
This!

$tEvil
Wiseacre
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Wiseacre »

most guys with those high ranges tend to lose it over time, but one of the most underrated vocalists from the ‘70s and beyond, Frank DiMino of ANGEL, still sounds 100% fantastic live. I guess some guys are straining a lot more early on and some just have a naturally higher voice that doesn’t go away with age. I’m pretty sure Frank is somewhere in the ballpark of 70 years old. Their first album was released in 1975.
El Vampiro Blanco
Headlining Clubs

Post by El Vampiro Blanco »

Wiseacre wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:25 am most guys with those high ranges tend to lose it over time, but one of the most underrated vocalists from the ‘70s and beyond, Frank DiMino of ANGEL, still sounds 100% fantastic live. I guess some guys are straining a lot more early on and some just have a naturally higher voice that doesn’t go away with age. I’m pretty sure Frank is somewhere in the ballpark of 70 years old. Their first album was released in 1975.
And how many big tours has Angel done? Like none? He never had a change to blow his voice out...
Wiseacre
Cockblocked by Poison

Post by Wiseacre »

El Vampiro Blanco wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:48 pm
Wiseacre wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:25 am most guys with those high ranges tend to lose it over time, but one of the most underrated vocalists from the ‘70s and beyond, Frank DiMino of ANGEL, still sounds 100% fantastic live. I guess some guys are straining a lot more early on and some just have a naturally higher voice that doesn’t go away with age. I’m pretty sure Frank is somewhere in the ballpark of 70 years old. Their first album was released in 1975.
And how many big tours has Angel done? Like none? He never had a change to blow his voice out...
Nonsense. There are LOTS of guys who haven’t sung much for decades and still lost it. Just because you don’t “tour” and sing for like an hour and a half every other day doesn’t mean your voice won’t change with age or have other health related issues or changes. Not “touring” also doesn’t mean you aren’t ever singing either. I know guys in their 50s who do 4 hour cover sets a couple nights a week singing Journey, Sammy, etc no problem. Frank sings the Angel stuff effortlessly.

I was simply pointing out that Frank sounds exactly as good as he always did (and I’ve seen him live a few times over the last several years) unlike the majority of singers his age (and he’s pretty damn old).
Last edited by Wiseacre on Mon Sep 23, 2024 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tym
Headlining a Theater Tour

Post by tym »

Could Journey have him locked into a contract of some type? Not even sure if thats a thing??
I'm finding it difficult to masturbate to this. I'm trying, I just have so little to work with...
ParaDime77
Signed to a Major Label Multi-Album Deal

Post by ParaDime77 »

I think Arnel is a very nice, genuine individual. But let’s be honest, vocally, he has been cooked for years now.

Wasn’t it 2-3 years ago the band was stating the issue with Ariel’s vocal strain was because he could not hear himself with the settings of his in-ears. Now everything is a strained mess, plus half of his lyrics are obviously not live.
Everyone Is Someone Else's Bitch
WCiezak
Lugging equipment around in parent's car

Post by WCiezak »

Anyone else think maybe the AGT appearance was a tryout for the guy from Indiana? He sounded like he lacked some of the power that he had during his audition tonight though.
Michael Hotts Ghost
Recording Debut Album

Post by Michael Hotts Ghost »

WCiezak wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 8:41 pm Anyone else think maybe the AGT appearance was a tryout for the guy from Indiana? He sounded like he lacked some of the power that he had during his audition tonight though.
Definitely need to get the guy a new grill though.
Mister Freeze
Platinum Artist

Post by Mister Freeze »

Rock star egos and social media are a combination that was never meant to go together.
skunklovestiger wrote: A comment like this needs a really useless piece of shit. Well maybe you are used to get fucked by your mother in the basement. It would be better if somebody just kills you useless asshole. Just killl yourself shithead.
EuroJR
Playing Shitty Clubs in a Van

Post by EuroJR »

Arnel seems to be nice guy.
Still I voted for "GO" just for fun. I would love to see them hiring another singer from another YouTube video.